Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaders Debate part 2 :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

uRbaN wrote: »
    This...I have to say I have knocked about 90 minutes of Craic out of it, but considering what is at stake it's a sham. Good point by the chap from Kilkenny.

Get off the fence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

They have actually totally ignored Derek's question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Good question finally . .

Kenny answers a completely differant question ! ! !

Its up to Gormley yet again to lead by answering the fkn question . .

For me he is the winner tonight and he has seriously gone up in my estimation . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shumm

probably Gormley - he seems more honest- the only one to smile so far

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    I'm not a FF fan but it annoys me the way whenever asked a tough question by Micheal Martin the first thing a respondent does is say how "oh well you where in Government for 14 years..." instead of answering the question, using the above as a cop-out.

That's all fine and dandy but he was in government for 14 years. There's no getting away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Pat Kenny - its a debate, not an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Gormley wants more women... niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pointless thread is pointless. Some questionable posters chiming in and people just spouting their opinions on parties. We're supposed to be discussing the debate and who is landing blows and perhaps "connecting". Goodnight.

There all shouting at each other on tv and this thread moves to fast,what can one do :D i am enjoying it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    I'm not a FF fan but it annoys me the way whenever asked a tough question by Micheal Martin the first thing a respondent does is say how "oh well you where in Government for 14 years..." instead of answering the question, using the above as a cop-out.

And yet, his answer to the question about the bank guarantee scheme was 'You voted for it too'. He's no better, in fact he's worse.

Go Gilmore with the claptrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Minister B

Fine Gael's health policy took a battering there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The Black Pearl

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    What did Rip Van Winkle do again?

He worked in the Financial Regulators office I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Spacedog wrote: »
    Gormley wants more women... niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    He had a bit of a smirk on his face..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Did Baron Adams just invoke "the children" when asked about the health care system? Lots of emotive stories from him about how bad things are.

Gerry, we know how bad it is... the question was WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What pr company has Inda been going to to school him on coming across well?

What's the deal with the biro? It's all so fake and rehearsed. I've just figured out that he looks out of it because he's been told to not blink much. He looks like he's buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm inclined to agree. None of them have stood out for me. I don't think the format helps in that regard.

I wouldn't base my vote on a debate anyway as I think these are largely panto shows for the media to drool over.

I stand corrected - RTE is the winner - I'm sure they secured a very high percentage of the national audience tonight.

Kenny and Gilmore have made sure to discredit Martin - I think that point was hammered home and undermined anything he said.

Adams - rights, republic, Drogheda, bankers are basta*ds...blah blah blah, no detail

Gormley - invisible

Gilmore - appeared more like an opposition leader

Kenny - he didn't make any blunders, hence I don't see a reduction in FG's support. Inspiring - Nope.

Martin - He was enthusiastic alright, the battle with SF just shows how low FF have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Martin's disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

shumm wrote: »
    probably Gormley - he seems more honest- the only one to smile so far

I would agree that when it comes to honest answers - Gormley is miles ahead.
    But unfortunately, it will not win him votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Pat seemed to call out JG from hiding there, and asked him a question he could easily answer...

Ok Eamon has clawed back a bit of credibility by at least answering the question asked . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I think Enda has performed well, spoke clearly, managed to remember figures and repetition of the questioners names was a good ploy. Gilmore has done himself or The Labour Party no favours tonight. Gormley dealt with his questions with clarity and without resorting to bitching. Adams pandered to those who like sensationalist politics with NO clear policies. Martin's arguments and promises are completely hollow, He had his chance and blew it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I think martin got over confident from the last debate. he really lost control of the debate a few time. having a **** track record doesn't help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

zig wrote: »
    funny thing is none of this even matters, id say it has little to no effect on the polls whatsoever beacuse of the way our system works.

I disagree. It could have large effects. After listening to Adams I'm not going near Sinn Fein. Also, Gilmore has presented himself rather badly in relations with Kenny.
    Jennyrose wrote: »
    Do they get to see the questions before the debate?

I would think so. Some of this is a little too scripted; they're too fast with replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

And yet, his answer to the question about the bank guarantee scheme was 'You voted for it too'. He's no better, in fact he's worse.

Go Gilmore with the claptrap!

I'm not saying his is any better, two wrongs dont make a right and all that

Martin's disappeared

FF dont work with other parties, they destroy them ! !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Jennyrose wrote: »
    Do they get to see the questions before the debate?

these questions were pre arranged, they were given an idea of the questions coming at them, it is kind of stage managed in my mind, they should not have pre arranged questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I heard Gerry say earlier he wouldn't mind a labour Sinn Féin coalition.
    Gerry has the most honest statements of all,even if some of you dont like him and his party.
    Along with Gormley i like.I think Gilmore also is trustworthy enough.
    FG FF beggars belief.The attitudes is almost childish towards Gerry and he is handling it well i am impressed more than i was before with his composure.
    Even if they dont get in they have won me over for good now.
    Little has to be reminded good speakers with all the answers was not the answer any time in the past as we now can see.
    Would be better if revised all together and all their manifestos weeded out and what does work for our country as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Minister B wrote: »
    Fine Gael's health policy took a battering there.

Its an awful health plan, was like fishing with dynamite !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

DeVore wrote: »
    Did Baron Adams just invoke "the children" when asked about the health care system? Lots of emotive stories from him about how bad things are.

Gerry, we know how bad it is... the question was WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??

DeV.

Think of the children godamnit.....THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

No, Gerry, the self-employed should not vote for Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I think FF will be complaining this wasn't a fair debate as soon as its over.

"gerry it took you 35 years" !

martin has really lost the plot

Advertisement