Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaders Debate part 2 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

Inda is doing well but the 5-way setup is a disaster. The Baron and Gormless are token gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I reckon Gormley is winning. He's also speaking the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

dunworth1 wrote: »
    it that sarcasm because hes useless

Nope, he is doing better than the Cork FF boy who wrecked the country anyway.

14 years to improve health and has the neck here to defend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The Black Pearl

Adams is a joker, mixing up bog standard facts, SF will be better off when he calls it a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Tucker Max

Good point by Eamon

14 years to fix it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What's the story with Enda's gangsta rap hand
    and Martin's Claw hand. Maybe they are playing paper rock and scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

zig wrote: »
    thats only because of the current economic situation, thats not a long term consensus

Nope, its been like that for ages, even during the boom. Simply google it, the majority of people don't care either way. The majority of people just see it as Northern Ireland and not a part of england or Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JG is boxing very clever, staying out of thr brawl but scoring with a few nice clean shots.
    Kenny is throwing the punches he was told to though, some hit some miss, but he doesn't counter punch. Martin seems to be on the defensive lashing out, but getting caught more than landing.

EG is trying to play safe, but not landing anything.

Gerry is canvassing Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Fine Gael will probably get their overall majority after tonight. Gilmore's performance has been very disappointing in both debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Oh Enda you wave that hand like you mean business!

Still none of them have said anything, just more promises. We need more than promises at this stage.

Mícheal Martin, just admit the HSE is complete crap. It would get you a lot more respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Slattsy wrote: »
    Toss up between Inda and Martin, who's doing well considered.

I'm inclined to agree. Martin's doing well but you can't say it here as people think he's Brian Cowen reincarnated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

liammur wrote: »
    Kenny is the runaway winner imo.

Be interesting to see what the experts think.
    Who might they be?

What matters is what the electorate think and whether or not this "debate" will effect their voting preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

What did Rip Van Winkle do again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Looks like Adams buys the Boards deals the teeth are very white:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

efb wrote: »
    JG is boxing very clever, staying out of thr brawl but scoring with a few nice clean shots.
    Kenny is throwing the punches he was told to though, some hit some miss, but he doesn't counter punch. Martin seems to be on the defensive lashing out, but getting caught more than landing.

Gormley is a joker and a clown and mentioned Ringsend there to get votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyway it's almost over - pointless debate. No winners, no losers from what I saw.

I'm inclined to agree. None of them have stood out for me. I don't think the format helps in that regard.

I wouldn't base my vote on a debate anyway as I think these are largely panto shows for the media to drool over.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jennyrose

Bland bland bland

Gerry - good point on suicide

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lets be honest here, i'd go as far as saying that 35% of people going to A&E DONT actually need to be there.
    I've been there, and seen loads of people with only sprained ankles and wrists, cuts from cooking etc etc put a fecking ice pack on it and take a nurofen or 2 !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

efb wrote: »

stfu with your analogies :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Oh don't give us a "think of the children" gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    What did Rip Van Winkle do again?

He was a Minister in the Irish Government for 14 years.....had a bit of a snooze as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I'm not a FF fan but it annoys me the way whenever asked a tough question by Micheal Martin the first thing a respondent does is say how "oh well you where in Government for 14 years..." instead of answering the question, using the above as a cop-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Pointless thread is pointless. Some questionable posters chiming in and people just spouting their opinions on parties. We're supposed to be discussing the debate and who is landing blows and perhaps "connecting". Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

fair play to gerry for mentioning mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

funny thing is none of this even matters, id say it has little to no effect on the polls whatsoever beacuse of the way our system works.

Good point - point scoring

Another terrible question though

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

I'm inclined to agree. None of them have stood out for me. I don't think the format helps in that regard.

I wouldn't base my vote on a debate anyway as I think these are largely panto shows for the media to drool over.

This...I have to say I have knocked about 90 minutes of Craic out of it, but considering what is at stake it's a sham. Good point by the chap from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jennyrose

Do they get to see the questions before the debate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Derek isn't buying Enda's speel! :D

Advertisement