Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

fionny wrote: »
    Cool beans ill keep an eye on the Carphone Warehouse for it then!

I just asked them on twitter if they have any dates or pricing info. I don't anticipate a detailed reply but if I get any info I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

RonnieL wrote: »
    I got my Galaxy S in the carphone warehouse last year and I don't think any of the networks had it at that point (open to correction) so maybe that'll happen again with this phone? My current contract isn't up til July so I'm not in a massive rush. I paid €99 up front for the S on a 12 month contract at €35 a month with meteor so hopefully the S2 won't be more than €200 up front.

Reckon the S2 will start at €99 (highest monthly fee) and upto €249 (lowest monthly fee) on contract with most carriers with 18 month contracts.. Got my Galaxy S on 18 month contract last june for €49 with Meteor (€69 without discount) at 50 monthly, but go lucky with Meteor messing up their T&C's (bless the boardsie(s) who helped bring it to our attention:D) so on billpay smart lite now and can change at a month's notice!

reb73 wrote: »
    Reckon the S2 will start at €99 (highest monthly fee) and upto €249 (lowest monthly fee) on contract with most carriers with 18 month contracts.. Got my Galaxy S on 18 month contract last june for €49 with Meteor (€69 without discount) at 50 monthly, but go lucky with Meteor messing up their T&C's (bless the boardsie(s) who helped bring it to our attention:D) so on billpay smart lite now and can change at a month's notice!

Is that loophole still open?! I'm on contract til July but always happy to get out early, like I did with O2 last year (again thanks to Boardies!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Sorry to throw this off topic, but what was the loophole? Im on the 35euro (12month) tarrif could I drop it to the 30euro one without modifying the length?

RonnieL wrote: »
    Is that loophole still open?! I'm on contract til July but always happy to get out early, like I did with O2 last year (again thanks to Boardies!).

Don't think so.. If my recollection is correct, the changes in terms and conditions usually allow only about 30 days after which they are implicitly in place and cannot be contested. Think the loophole was voided sometime around 21-Aug-2010 :(

• Advertisement

fionny wrote: »
    Sorry to throw this off topic, but what was the loophole? Im on the 35euro (12month) tarrif could I drop it to the 30euro one without modifying the length?

When carriers need to change terms and conditions, they are required under European Law to allow customers on existing contract to void the contract without any penalty if they do not agree to the revised terms and conditions.

See this to get an idea of the infamous loophole and there was another similar one in late oct 2010, the thread is here

Cheers, ill keep an eye out for changes in future and jump on it! Especially seen as soon as the Galaxy S2 is out ill be entering into a new contract and freebie out would be brill!

Looks like three uk will have the Galaxy S II in May: http://www.three.co.uk/Phones/Coming_Soon

MAY! What the hell! That's no good! hahah

I want it now! I thought Sammy said it was available immediately.

Well spotted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

Expansys is due to have SGS2 on 18th of April
    http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-i9100-galaxy-s-ii-16gb-209114/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Expansys is due to have SGS2 on 18th of April
    http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-i9100-galaxy-s-ii-16gb-209114/

OMG at a price!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

dunleas wrote: »
    OMG at a price!!!:eek:
    That won't be the price once it hits the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

it probably will be on the expansys website! :D

sure look at the price of the iphone 4 16gb on the expansys website
    http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-4-eu-black-16gb-200810/

BWT availability date on the expansys site has moved out to the 20th june

What a load of rubbish, I hope June is waaayy wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

isnt this phone out on march 4th??

Doesnt look that way Drice.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Here we go again - another new phone and another loooooong wait before any phone operators have it available for customers.

Still using an N95 (My favorite ever phone) an jumping ship to Android. Ive been waiting awhile now for a decent replacement. This could just be the one!

Ya its a pain in the box :P

Bother with it too is the "next" phone will be announced by the time it comes out and ill be all like hmm maybe ill wait and so on :P I wouldve bought the nexus S if it had been out in December like it was supposed to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

This phone looks the biz - i just hope that Samsung wont take the piss on the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

• Advertisement

Nice find, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭cullenswood

my Dutch isn't the best but I see nothing about an FM Radio in that spec

my Dutch isn't the best but I see nothing about an FM Radio in that spec

Dont panic it has a radio see full spec here

Also available for pre-order in the UK for the 31st of March but for a hefty 649 pound sterling....

I pre-ordered off Clove. They weren't supposed to charge my card until price and shipping date were confirmed, and I'd confirmed. They did. 700 bleeding euro! Anyone else get caught with this? I've emailed them to see wtf they're playing at anyway.

Breezer wrote: »
    I pre-ordered off Clove. They weren't supposed to charge my card until price and shipping date were confirmed, and I'd confirmed. They did. 700 bleeding euro! Anyone else get caught with this? I've emailed them to see wtf they're playing at anyway.

Ouch,

I can't edit my original post unfortunately, but I've just heard back from Clove. Apparently this is the preauthorisation for the transaction. The money is held for 5 days but not actually taken from my account, after which it's returned to my account.

Which would explain why the transaction hasn't appeared on my statement, even though my balance has reduced by €700.

I hope this clarifies things, apologies to Clove, which from what I've seen on this forum is a very reputable company.

Still a bit silly doing this so early in the day, it would make more sense to do this 1 week before the dispatch?

Over the course of a month my balance could change a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sleuthy

I don't have a smartphone yet but was on the verge of buying a Samsung Galaxy until I heard about the new version. Do you guys think Meteor will get it? If so, do you think it will take forever. I am so impatient and want it now but don't want to move networks.xx

Sleuthy wrote: »
    I don't have a smartphone yet but was on the verge of buying a Samsung Galaxy until I heard about the new version. Do you guys think Meteor will get it? If so, do you think it will take forever. I am so impatient and want it now but don't want to move networks.xx

I would take a rough guess and say that you wont see this phone until May at the earliest and when you do it will cost top dollar to. Unless you want to pay through the nose for this sim free dont think you will be seeing this anytime soon......an the wait continues!

• Advertisement
Advertisement