Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Damn I was hoping it would have a FM broadcaster to go along with the FM radio for use in the car!!
    why cant they put one in considering the n95 had it 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

At a guess to keep size down, also to drive accessories.

Not to mention those are illegal in some countries and also given the fact that bluetooth streaming is mucho better.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

I woudl very much like this phone, but as usual I would say we in Ireland will suffer and be probably 6 weeks behind UK launch, I am on O2 and am due and upgrade soon, should I hold out or go for the Galaxy S?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

i spoke to someone in Carphone warehouse in the sandyford store, he said that the phone isn't even in the coming soon section of their monthly shopper's guide, which means it will be May at the earliest.

chazbat1 wrote: »
    I woudl very much like this phone, but as usual I would say we in Ireland will suffer and be probably 6 weeks behind UK launch, I am on O2 and am due and upgrade soon, should I hold out or go for the Galaxy S?

I would wait were I you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Do Meteor do upgrades, might be an option? SGS I up to SGS II!
    Or if Vodafone get it I might switch back to them as I'm in my front room now and only have 1 bar, there's a reception black hole over where I live!

Upgrade's sure they do... but you'd have to run the majority of your contract by which time there is will be a newer phone on the market....

Were I you if you wanted to change networks id look at three, they are WAAAYYYY cheaper then rip off vodafones ****ty tarrifs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Expansys always had crazy prices for their stock, but I guess we don't have that much choice here, do we?

valdigre wrote: »
    Expansys always had crazy prices for their stock, but I guess we don't have that much choice here, do we?

Once again... that isnt a crazy price, this is a brand spanking new phone and that price is unsubsidised.

Look at the fruitphone 4:

http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-4-16gb-uk-black-200797/
    or
    http://store.apple.com/ie/configure/MC603B/A?mco=MTgxNTgyMjI

Thats a phone which has a flawed design and is restricted up the yin yang aswell as being 7 months on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

valdigre wrote: »

plus they never have any stock...despite what their website says about stock levels....i've waited 2-3 weeks for items that their website said they had 100+ in stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Pushed back to May from March on clove's site, I think ill cancel my preorder but then again I cant see any other supplier getting it any sooner and there's nothing really else out at the minute that I'd consider

May seems to be the norm now, same on the Three's UK website.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

fionny wrote: »
    Once again... that isnt a crazy price, this is a brand spanking new phone and that price is unsubsidised.

Look at the fruitphone 4:

http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-4-16gb-uk-black-200797/
    or
    http://store.apple.com/ie/configure/MC603B/A?mco=MTgxNTgyMjI

Thats a phone which has a flawed design and is restricted up the yin yang aswell as being 7 months on the market.

Mate, 700 Euro for a non Apple phone - for me - is a crazy price... And I don't mean, that this kind of money is justified for Apple iPhone, I just got used to their pricing so it's not shocking anymore...

Anyway, I think that the price will be lower, than the 700 hundred, I am hoping at around 550-600 range for the basic 16 GB version of SGS2.

Currently, you can get iP4 16GB for 600 Euro, they have to be somewhat competitive to that? iPad 2 is comming soon, maybe they will update iPhone as well, so we will see what following months have to offer.

I am going to wait for SGS 3 though, tired of switching phones every year plus I got mine SGS just 3 months ago...

Changing phone every year is something I look forward to :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Goodshape wrote: »
    Lack of search button is annoying. I have heard others say they never use it but personally, I use it all the damn time. Not having that button would have me thinking twice about this phone :-/

It def has a search button, hold left hand button for about 2 secs

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Not sure how reliable this information is, but the release dates for Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100/I9103) is as follows -
    • Singapore release is in April 2011
    • UK will be shipping May 6th, 2011
    • Asia release is in 2011 on par with Europe release Q2 2011
    • Switzerland release is in May 2011 TBD
    • Denmark release is in May 2011 TBD
    • U.S. release is in May -June 2011 TBD
    It'll probably hit the carriers/CPW in Ireland sometime in May 2011 I guess..

Source: Here

Nice find thanks bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Anyone heard any more on this ?

Surprised Vodafone UK have an option to register your interest but not Vodafone IE

Three have confirmed they will have it in early May, everyone is going to get this phone...

I have no interest in Vodafone or O2 though as they are a shower of rip off merchants... three or meteor will do me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Three have confirmed they will have it in early May,

Is that thee UK or Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I was in the eMobile store yesterday and the sales assistant said they would have the SGS 2 in May. He said it could possibly strech out to the end of May or early June. Thinking about going for the €49 unlimited calls deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Changing phone every year is something I look forward to :)

yea and charging my phone once a year is something I look forward to, roll on 2050 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

I wonder if it will have the same lag issues as the first one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II dual-core CPU will run at 1.2 GHz instead of the previously announced 1.0 GHz at MWC Barcelona. :)

Buttressing the handset against the competition from 1.4GHz qualcomm scorpio powered handsets from HTC/LG/Sony later this year I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Theres a thread on xda saying the release has been pushed back to June now, It feels just like when I had a desire HD preordered all over again

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    Theres a thread on xda saying the release has been pushed back to June now, It feels just like when I had a desire HD preordered all over again

I really really hope this is wrong. Im sick s**t of my desire now... need my gadget fix!

Advertisement