Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Invincible

Headshot wrote: »
    Folks where's the best priced unlocked S2

There was one on adverts.ie today for €540

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I wouldnt buy one without guarentee just yet :p

Amazon have them for 499.99 Free postage and a great customer service dept (plus they are in stock now so if you ordered today you'd get before end of week probably).

Cheaper then Expansys who are 598euro + post.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,932 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Invincible wrote: »
    There was one on adverts.ie today for €540

maybe im blind but I dont see it
    fionny wrote: »
    I wouldnt buy one without guarentee just yet :p

Amazon have them for 499.99 Free postage and a great customer service dept (plus they are in stock now so if you ordered today you'd get before end of week probably).

Cheaper then Expansys who are 598euro + post.

499 is 567 euro

Way to expensive

Thats the going rate. Doubt you'll find one much cheaper tbh.

Dunno what you were expecting for a top of the range brand spanking new flagship handset.

feck it ill get that amazon one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mossie

feck it ill get that amazon one

I ordered from Amazon yesterday. It's pretty much the same price everywhere but free dlivery fro Amazon.

mossie wrote: »
    I ordered from Amazon yesterday. It's pretty much the same price everywhere but free dlivery fro Amazon.

Has yours been sent?

says on the amazon ad as "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Invincible

@ headshot,that ad has been removed since,must have sold for him,his reason for selling was that it was too big!

Has yours been sent?

says on the amazon ad as "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."

Not yet. The email I received said delivery on May 16th or 17th.

UPDATE: Just got an email saying it's been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Not yet. The email I received said delivery on May 16th or 17th.

UPDATE: Just got an email saying it's been shipped.

i can bet u will have it in your hands by friday at the latest point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Lordfranto wrote: »
    Now on NFC and the fact that it won't be on the uk version of the phone I'll say this, it's no big deal there is little or no NFC tech in Ireland and only marginally more in uk, so u won't use it anyway!

The thing is that no one is going to develop the tech until at minimum the flagship phones support it -why would you? If every smartphone had NFC (or and I hate to say it -the iphone) then you'd see the tech popping up pretty quickly.
    marathont wrote: »
    I think someone has already built nfc into a sim card, so I dont think it will be a problem.

I think that it is important that it is part of the phone in order to optimise application development and use - but I don't really know :p

Bikerguy wrote: »
    i can bet u will have it in your hands by friday at the latest point.

Yeah:) They said estimated delivery 13th May..

Yeah:) They said estimated delivery 13th May..

*envious* massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Got mine today, its really great!

DO WANT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pocketfluff

Not read all the thread

Anyone any idea when the ****er is out on meteor. Have an upgrade due in 3 weeks so hopefully by then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

June 1st apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pocketfluff

Awesome thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Finally got mine today... This phone is pretty damn snappy!!!!!

Has anybody found a reliable way to root it yet? (the adverts in most apps are already doing my head in!)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

here is a link mate to unroot it, dont know if it works cause i dont have the phone..http://samsunggalaxys2review.org/root-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-heres-how

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hmmm... That does look a little ropey!
    Think I'll wait until the dust has settled a bit and a tried and tested method is out there:pac:

Cheers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.youtube.com/user/samjpullen

This guy has some really good videos about the S2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 waynecur

Bought mine today on Ebay. Just couldnt wait for networks to here to stock it.

Cant believe they havent announced it yet..... surely they would have by now if it was the 1st of June. Arent they just losing money from people like me by not giving us any date, or even an indication of when itll be available. Mightve waited if i knew for certain.

Paid €670...... HEFTY PRICE FOR IMPATIENCE.........

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Not a bad price, I suppose, all things considered.

I couldn't resist any longer and I just ordered mine SIM free from play.com (got 3.5% cashback) making it £492.15, all in. Play are usually quick to dispatch, so hoping to have it for the weekend.
    My iPhone 4 has been put on eBay, hoping that my cost to change should be around £50. The iPhone 4 is holding it's value well, I reckon this will soften in the coming months, in the run-up to iPhone 5, so now is the time to sell. If it doesn't work out I can always get the 5/4Gs when that comes out, as I have an upgrade due in September. I was going to wait, but Im not the patient kind!

Anyone have any recommendations for covers - I generally like leather sleeves, etc havent seen anything so far?

bd250110 wrote: »
    Not a bad price, I suppose, all things considered.

I couldn't resist any longer and I just ordered mine SIM free from play.com (got 3.5% cashback) making it £492.15, all in. Play are usually quick to dispatch, so hoping to have it for the weekend.
    My iPhone 4 has been put on eBay, hoping that my cost to change should be around £50. The iPhone 4 is holding it's value well, I reckon this will soften in the coming months, in the run-up to iPhone 5, so now is the time to sell. If it doesn't work out I can always get the 5/4Gs when that comes out, as I have an upgrade due in September. I was going to wait, but Im not the patient kind!

Anyone have any recommendations for covers - I generally like leather sleeves, etc havent seen anything so far?

for covers check adverts.ie or gumtree.ie there is an ad for covers for SGS2....but in general if u wanna something quick just visit some of the chinese shops in cc of dublin-u can try them on yourself before purchase..the price is around 8e and u can replace them anytime...but i like the option from amazon - even the leather sleeves...check the customers reviews and pick one u like most...its cheap and it takes 2-3 days to deliver.

waynecur wrote: »
    Bought mine today on Ebay. Just couldnt wait for networks to here to stock it.

Cant believe they havent announced it yet..... surely they would have by now if it was the 1st of June. Arent they just losing money from people like me by not giving us any date, or even an indication of when itll be available. Mightve waited if i knew for certain.

Paid €670...... HEFTY PRICE FOR IMPATIENCE.........

wow...670!! there was one galaxy s2 already sold on adverts. unlocked for 550€....if u have that money okey...but u could save more then 100 bucks..;)

How did u get that price. I had tried Play.com but they said they dont deliver electronics to ireland. AND it was €635

Tried Amazon, they had told me it would be dispatched 13th/14th MAY, then when i payed this changed to 3rd to 16th June. So cancelled.

Then bought it on mobilefun.co.uk...paid with credit card €600. then got email to say they cant do security checks on international credit cards, and dont accept.(day after i went through paying rigmaroll)THEY WANTED BANK TRANSFER. So again cancelled.

WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD???????????

I was so pissed off i woulda paid anything... hence ebay.
    Think itll be worth it though.

if you going to spend 500+ for a phone might as well go the extra distance/ money and buy one from a reputable company

• Advertisement

Bikerguy wrote: »
    wow...670!! there was one galaxy s2 already sold on adverts. unlocked for 550€....if u have that money okey...but u could save more then 100 bucks..;)

Been off the beer for a month now, so in my head its a justified purchase through savings and being such a good boy:D:D:D

Advertisement