Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Thanks for your reply Bikerguy, yes the phone is not locked. Could it be that UK phones do not allow UK sims?

I dont get any messages, unless I try to make a call, then I am told that "mobile network not available".

My sim is the larger type.

so maybe u can double check in settings - networks - set it to manual and pick vodafone manualy from the list of avaible networks...try it then...it may be a matter of switching something the right way in the menu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anybody got any tips for using the headphone button or volume bumper to change tracks? The headphone button pauses/plays tracks in Winamp and does nothing in the stock player...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

I think my phone was unlocked from the day I got it.

There was no splash screen or Meteor information on the phone at all. I put an o2 card in the phone to try it out and it worked no problem. I then put a vodafone card in and the same there.

I think I got a sim unlocked phone from Meteor for 149.00 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

What phone was that then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

Galaxy S I9000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

jetpack101 wrote: »
    I think my phone was unlocked from the day I got it.

There was no splash screen or Meteor information on the phone at all. I put an o2 card in the phone to try it out and it worked no problem. I then put a vodafone card in and the same there.

I think I got a sim unlocked phone from Meteor for 149.00 :D

My Galaxy S i9000 was the same... Not locked at all when I got it from meteor... Someone told me that not too many of the smartphone's are locked at all, meteor one's don't seem to be anyway at least... And no branding on the phones either...

Guys if u didnt notice this is about Galaxy S2 here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 waynecur

Anyone know is there anything out there like the iphone docks about for the S2
    ie...Want one that charges, plays loudspeaker and has radio.

tried on various websites but cant find one that fits the bill for all 3

Dispatched yesterday.....cant wait. its like xmas again:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Folks, I've decided to buy one of these. However I'm running into trouble buying it. Found a few on eBay but so far no joy getting postage to Ireland. Every other website seems to be 520 sterling + postage which is way too much. I'll be in Newcastle next Friday, just wondering will Carphonewarehouse sell me one without a UK address? Its about 495 sterling off them, but no delivery as I'll collect in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,008 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dave147 wrote: »
    Folks, I've decided to buy one of these. However I'm running into trouble buying it. Found a few on eBay but so far no joy getting postage to Ireland. Every other website seems to be 520 sterling + postage which is way too much. I'll be in Newcastle next Friday, just wondering will Carphonewarehouse sell me one without a UK address? Its about 495 sterling off them, but no delivery as I'll collect in the shop.

alot of the folks on ebay.co.uk dont mention any postage to Ireland

Have you contacted them, asking for postage? What I normal do is ask them "will they post to ireland and have a read of my feedback if your unsure" (iv pretty high feedback)

they usually have no problem doing so

this seller was selling one the other day http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/arif_mobiles/

He said to me that he'll be selling another one soon. This was his auction
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320698302241&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The seller has some superb feedback

• Advertisement

guys if any1 from u will know someone selling SGS2 unlocked let me know...550e is the price i can pay cash - hassle free..:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dave147 wrote: »

Considering the amount of them that they are going to sell, going by the numbers of preorders they have already got, within a few months there will be hundreds of accessories available for this phone, Don't worry you'll be spoilt for choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lemminkainen

Bikerguy wrote: »
    so maybe u can double check in settings - networks - set it to manual and pick vodafone manualy from the list of avaible networks...try it then...it may be a matter of switching something the right way in the menu...

Hi Bikerguy,

I spoke to vodafone about it and they gave me a new sim, all is working now :)

Thanks for your help,

Lemminkainen.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

I was looking at getting one of these through amazon.co.uk but it says it can't deliver to my address in the south, am I missing something? How have others received theirs from amazon.co.uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

quinta wrote: »
    I was looking at getting one of these through amazon.co.uk but it says it can't deliver to my address in the south, am I missing something? How have others received theirs from amazon.co.uk?

Are you definitely buying it from Amazon rather than one of their merchants?... (It should say "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk" under the estimated dispatch date)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 waynecur

id say ud prob be better off with phonesonline.ie or someone else at this stage. think they getting more stock this week.

it says dispatch time on the s2 at 1-2 months on AMAZON

i cancelled mine when i saw this appear after i ordered.

Hi Bikerguy,

I spoke to vodafone about it and they gave me a new sim, all is working now :)

Thanks for your help,

Lemminkainen.

i was happy to help u mate.

BTW i bought SGS2 today!! yeh finally i got it..for 550e boxed unlocked + reciept...nice ----

the device is extremly light but there are few things that i would make diferent way.

So far great experience after desire S, HD, Z, and SGS1...

where did you get it biker?

bought from a fella who bought it through clove.co.uk

Never used clove.co.uk, anyone know much about them?

btw biker, I hope you dont mind me asking, how did you get it so cheap?

• Advertisement

yeh i dont mind ofc...

check the link
    http://www.clove.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100-16gb

he bought it through his private company...so i say he paid 440£ and i paid 550 cash...there must be a small profit i believe..:) i am only sugesting all above - the real price on the invoice i have is 527£ inc IVA so thats what he paid for it exactly at 11.05.2011

and i never purchased anything from them...so cant coment about reputation of clove.co.uk and i dont know if they are even shipping to ROI, or where are they based...:( sorry tho...all i know is the info i have on invoice..but i believe u are smart enough to track them down..:)

btw any1 can recomend any tracking application for SGS2 that would be hard to uninstall and would have option to switch on gps with remote + able to provide acurate location of device + sound warning - ringing...so i would say all in one.. it doesnt have to be free but something that wont eat my battery and mix up my system... i have seen lookout , plan B, wave security, defense, but nothing suits me...there are easy to "destroy" how can i protect my phone if the apps can be simply removed from menu - uninstall + click and its done...:(

off to find someone who works in a private company :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

I bought mine from Hadtec.co.uk, can recommend them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

tman wrote: »
    Are you definitely buying it from Amazon rather than one of their merchants?... (It should say "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk" under the estimated dispatch date)

Must have been a merchant, I can purchase it now if I want but there is a 1-2 month delivery date estimate!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

just got this phone. new to android but likes it so far.

anyone recommend a decent case?

not yet. any cheap case will work untill the goodones comes out. there is one from gumtree for 5e. its the same as from amazon for 6£.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

whatever anyone does, dont under any any condition order from simplyc0cks.net,

sorry simplyelectronics.net

these shower are unreal, a good month trying to get a refund off them, had to do a reverse charge from my bank.

just dont...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveccork

anyone know if there are any disadvantages in buy this phone sim free ? i.e. network settings, carrier updates etc?

I have an iphone 4 on three and am looking to get this sim free to try it out

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

daveccork wrote: »
    anyone know if there are any disadvantages in buy this phone sim free ? i.e. network settings, carrier updates etc?

I have an iphone 4 on three and am looking to get this sim free to try it out

any thoughts?

No disadvantages to buying simfree at all.

And good for you leaving the fruit companies walled garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveccork

Thanks Fionny - another box ticked !!

Advertisement