Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Got a €50 BT voucher for my birthday so picked up Mac skinfinish mineralize powder in light plus (€27.50) and a powder brush from Bare Escentuals (€28). Wanted a Mac make up brush but couldnt justify spending the whole fifty quid on it!

Also picked up a Sally Hanson nail polish in McCabes, think it was 8.50...makes a whole load of promises so I'll see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Orlee wrote: »
    What do you use it for? LRP products always confuse me!

I don't use it on spots as was mentioned above because I don't have acne, but I have really oily skin so I use it all over my face morning and night and I have noticed a definite improvement in my skin. I used to have very visible pores on my forehead between my eyebrows but these have been reduced. I pretty much use it in place of moisturiser and that works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Orlee wrote: »
    What do you use it for? LRP products always confuse me!

I finally bought this sunday and agree with novella- i can never live without this again. I have oily skin with big visible pores and blackheads on my nose and chin and cheeks. I wash with clarisonic and have always used dermalogica cleanse tine and moisturise. Well im using the effaclar duo morning and night as a moisturiser since sunday and h my god i just cat believe how much it has already unblocked some pores and then minimised them and some! I would so so recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'm definitely going to buy this now!!

As another LRP recommendation their new Nutritic Intense Riche cream is gorgeous for dry skin, doesn't look or feel greasy but it's really moisturising! Thinking I should just start buying all my skin care from them and I'll always be sorted!:D

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Have you (or anyone else) tried the LRP eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes? Looking for reviews on it.

• Advertisement

Have you (or anyone else) tried the LRP eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes? Looking for reviews on it.

I haven't but if in doubt (actually with any product I'm going to invest in) I check out MakeupAlley http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=33731

Can anyone maybe recommend a LRP cleanser that would work well with the clarisonic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Boyfriend purchased me these so excited to use them

e859548c8e3311e2a97322000a1fb158_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oooh, they look so new and perfect! I really need to buy more RT brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

I finally bought this sunday and agree with novella- i can never live without this again. I have oily skin with big visible pores and blackheads on my nose and chin and cheeks. I wash with clarisonic and have always used dermalogica cleanse tine and moisturise. Well im using the effaclar duo morning and night as a moisturiser since sunday and h my god i just cat believe how much it has already unblocked some pores and then minimised them and some! I would so so recommend it.

how much was it star girl

• Advertisement

how much was it star girl

€16.30 or €16.50. I'm going to buy the cicaplast baume b5 because i got a samole of that and it's also AmAZING so interesting to see how much that will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

Brillant Thank Stargirl.

Price is not to bad, i have clogged and large pore around the nose, will give it a try. Would be delighted if it sorts it.

Thanks again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

I finally got around to trying Revlon Nearly Naked. I like it. It's not as thick as Colourstay which I always found a bit too cakey but liked it's lasting power so this is lighter which is good for me. The Nearly Naked powder I also bought but I don't really like it, it made my skin a bit blotchy looking. So I like the foundation overall cover and finish but I do need to top up on powder more than I did with Colourstay which is a bit annoying.

If anyone can recommend a good powder that won't need topping up as much as my current one (Revlon Colourstay powder) that would be a great help, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Oh hai wrote: »
    I finally got around to trying Revlon Nearly Naked. I like it. It's not as thick as Colourstay which I always found a bit too cakey but liked it's lasting power so this is lighter which is good for me. The Nearly Naked powder I also bought but I don't really like it, it made my skin a bit blotchy looking. So I like the foundation overall cover and finish but I do need to top up on powder more than I did with Colourstay which is a bit annoying.

If anyone can recommend a good powder that won't need topping up as much as my current one (Revlon Colourstay powder) that would be a great help, thanks!
    MAC Blot powder is fantastic, for a cheaper alternative Rimmel's stay matt is amazing.

Once my MAC runs out I'll be going back to Rimmel, only used MAC as I got it as a present, its very similar to rimmels powder to be honest, only difference is the price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have no self control. I just ordered the Real Techniques Travel Essentials Kit :D Interested to try the flat foundation brush with my MAC BB cream as I find the stipple brush isn't the best, and my Sephora airbrush foundation brush is so damn small that it'd take days to do your foundation!

I also ordered Reve de Miel lip balm by Nuxe. Because one always needs lip balm!

baume+re%25CC%2582ve+de+miel+nuxe.jpg

Both from Cloud 10 Beauty. Always been happy with their service. Waiting nearly 6 weeks on a nail polish from Beauty Bay so I shan't bother with them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I just went on a Cloud 10 splurge too, picked up Karora tan, the Khloe Khroma palette & a Ren skincare kit! Very excited to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

bscm wrote: »
    Bought this earlier after being very late to the rosehip oil party :D

akin_rosehip_oil_.jpg

Bcsm where did you get that it looks amazing!!

Doing a blog beauty swap with a japanese blog so picked up some goodies today for her (€30 budget!)
    She wanted to really try Essence and S&G so tried to get a nice variety for the budget! (not my pics)

SpecialEffectTopper13_mrsmrglitter.jpg
    SpecialEffectTopper02.png
    nyc+mosaic+face+powder+pink+cheek+glow.jpg
    essence+mini+lipgloss+set.JPG
    supercat_1.jpg
    Also got three for 2 mini Soap and Glory body stuff including their lovely body spray, Pennys Nail Wraps and cute minnie mouse earred makeup bag from Pennys!

So only picked up one thing for myself, Collection's new illuminating concealer since I'm obsessed with the other one, can't wait to try it!
    collection-illuminating-touch-brightening-concealer-1348387051.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

pushkii wrote: »
    Bcsm where did you get that it looks amazing!!

Health Matters on Grafton Street :D Went in asking for the price of the Trilogy one and found that they had the A'kin one too. I heard some good reviews about the A'kin version so I said I'd try it out. It's 23ml as opposed to Trilogy's 20ml also.

Been quite good so far, I've barely had any dry patches (I've combination/oily skin which gets horribly flaky during the cold weather), and it's definitely reduced some "lines" in my forehead (I'm not even 21 but I have had lines in my forehead from near constant eyebrow raising and frowning). It's supposedly very good for scarring too (might help my acne soon :D )

All in all, a good purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

How much was it? Wonder is it sold online?

• Advertisement

I love A'Kin had their cellular radiance oil and their rose water facial spray, they'e a great brand and don't get enough kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Picked up some of Essence's Oz 'The Great and Powerful' collection.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKNjtXPqswR-fSDjOenUBClb7EfSd13q4rtO-Tijq7ZJPon7Uu

Cream Blush. Nice peachy colour. Easy to blend and build.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTusjybtgHD3S84OzjpvN_m2e_KqpiIkn491Nk3ue-mw2IYcPsL

Highlighter in 'The Great and Powerful'. Almost too pretty to use.:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIRSFHedgHYKKRchBS2QF7slID2YVMQIff-QMt9LqAhiHCkIn_Pw

Cracking top coat in 'Winds of Change' (red colour). Never used a cracking polish before; looking forward to trying it!!

Not my pics

Also, TK Maxx Kilkenny had some Ecotools brushes for sale. Purchased the blush brush for €5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

pushkii wrote: »
    How much was it? Wonder is it sold online?

It was a little over 20 euro, less than 23 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I've been very good about not buying too much makeup these past few months (only a few drugstore items here and there!) so I treated myself to a few bits yesterday to celebrate a new part time job I got recently :)

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes
    Too-Faced-Boudoir-Eyes-Shadow-Collection.jpg

MAC Twig lipstick
    mac-twig-swatch.jpg

MAC Prep+Prime Finishing Powder
    mac-prep--prime-transparent-finishing-powderpressed.jpg

MAC 168 - large angled contour brush
    M882.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NYCityBabe

Just bought Benifit Erase Paste... wow, it's awesome. I thought, because it's quite thick and creamy that it may cake on my super dry skin, but it doesn't :)
    It's also the only thing that disguises my awful dark under-eye circles. Love it and it's not crazy expensive.

Now, the bad... YSL Youth Liberator Eye Serum. Absolute muck. Paid over €60 for it, expecting great things after reading very positive reviews. From the first application I hated it. It was sticky, hard to apply, smelt awful (of liquorice) and turned my already dry under-eye area into the sahara desert.
    After one week of using (I had to give it a fair go) I binned it. My eyes were so dry, flaky and lined I had to resort to using Trilogy Rosehip Oil to get some softeness and moisture back.

Anyone else tried it?

Chickenbutt can you let me know if the Too Faced Palette is good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Chickenbutt can you let me know if the Too Faced Palette is good??

So far, I have only used the top row which is the 'day look' (I followed the guide that was included). I was impressed! Definitely some 'come hither' looks to be had with this palette. Can't wait to try the rest! :)

My only issue is why didn't they put a mirror in the palette? It just seems like wasted space!

I've been very good about not buying too much makeup these past few months (only a few drugstore items here and there!) so I treated myself to a few bits yesterday to celebrate a new part time job I got recently :)

Loving that twig lipstick! It looks really moisturising lol maybe just because it's sheeny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Ordered a load of Dainty Doll stuff due to the knock down prices. The total was less than €25 for the lot below
    41ktPhmEMxL._SY100_.jpgMineral Foundation Powder

31yQsRHA%2BBL._SY100_.jpgGreen concealer x 2 (to hide redness!)
    31E-55jq%2B8L._SY100_.jpgDark Brown eyeliner
    315GJVa9weL._SY100_.jpgLight Brown eyeliner
    41p2WBij2qL._SY100_.jpgLilac Blusher(!)
    410WC63nyIL._SY100_.jpgConcealer
    51PyelNSrqL._SY100_.jpgeyeshadow
    41n-VNxywvL._SY100_.jpgeyeshadow base
    21cMJiCseGL._SY100_.jpgAlso got a W7 Anti Redness Primer. I had tried the anti dull one and was very impressed. For under €3 it does a great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Where did you order them from lindtee?

Advertisement