Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Really liking the Revlon Nearly Naked at the moment. Using it with the NN powder.
    Although i must admit i still Love the Revlon Whipped! Got 2 jars in NY at Xmas so sparing them!! Anybody know if it will be released here?
    I doubt it, if it was going to i think it would be here by now..

Went a little crazy with some birthday money last week:

1) Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette in Aquataenia
    2) Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette in China Doll
    3) elave Oil Free Skin Balancing Moisturizer
    4) Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit

Got the first three for a bargain at Fab.com. Paid about $25 USD for each eyeshadow palette (about €18?) complete with shipping and $19 USD (€7?) for the elave moisturizer. Retail for each palette is $34.99 USD and I believe the moisturizer is $32 USD. So I'm definitely happy. :D The Benefit product I got from Sephora for $28 USD. Sadly, I don't believe either of these sites ship to Ireland. :(
    If it makes anyone feel any better... I spend a lot of time ogling the products posted here that I can't get my hands on in the US... or are ridiculously expensive if I do find them. >_<;

Don't know if anyone would be willing/trusting enough to do a sort of make-up swap in the future. I know I have to get my Boards cred up there first, so here's to hoping. :)

(I do not take credit for the pictures below)

aquataeniapalette__75609_zoom.jpg

chinadollpalette__76908_zoom.jpg

Oil-Free-Skin-Balancing-Moisturiser-500x500.png

s1435601-main-Lhero.jpg

Hey, i would be interested in doing make up swaps. Love the US brands- Wet n Wild, Milanh, Tarte, NYX etc! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Got Rimmel's Match Perfection Blusher today in the post from ASOS which is meant to be a dupe for Hervana from Benefit, am putting it through it's paces to see if it really is!

214592-0128_1?$ProductLarge$

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I'm kiiinda disappointed with the revln colour stay foundation for oily skin. After about an hour and a half of it on me this morning (and I had powdered with MAC studio fix powder foundatiny thingy) i had beads f oil on all my pores on my nose :( oh and I had used dermalogica oil control lotion as my moisturiser underneath and no primer. So I will give it a few more trys but so far I wouldnt be recommendng it for oily people.

I'm kiiinda disappointed with the revln colour stay foundation for oily skin. After about an hour and a half of it on me this morning (and I had powdered with MAC studio fix powder foundatiny thingy) i had beads f oil on all my pores on my nose :( oh and I had used dermalogica oil control lotion as my moisturiser underneath and no primer. So I will give it a few more trys but so far I wouldnt be recommendng it for oily people.

That's a pity, would a good primer make a difference maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

try Urban Decay Deslick seting spray and powder... They are amazing for oily skin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Yeah I think i'm gona have to give the urban decay spray a go. I have been using the mac prep and prime primer for 2 years and i used to put the prep amd prime powder ver it but that wasnt infallable either and there are some days where i dont want to put a primer on I just want to foundation and go so a spray would maybe suit that temperment lol because it would be quick amd easy id imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Yeah I think i'm gona have to give the urban decay spray a go. I have been using the mac prep and prime primer for 2 years and i used to put the prep amd prime powder ver it but that wasnt infallable either and there are some days where i dont want to put a primer on I just want to foundation and go so a spray would maybe suit that temperment lol because it would be quick amd easy id imagine?
    Yeah the spray is a very quick option and it's good! Combine the powder and the spray and you shouldn't have any oil! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I bought Revlon Nearly Naked on the strength of this thread today :). Will report back. Only £6.99 in Superdrug too, what an absolute bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I actually have dry skin & picked up the oily version by mistake, & it doesn't budge on me but because I find it to be pretty hydrating, I wouldn't have thought it'd be too amazing for oily skin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I have that Rimmel powder - I didn't know it a dupe for Hervana, that is good to know. I got mine free and I use it all the time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Faith wrote: »
    I bought Revlon Nearly Naked on the strength of this thread today :). Will report back. Only £6.99 in Superdrug too, what an absolute bargain!

Same here. Bought the Nearly Naked Foundation in Shell & the powder in Light. Boots had a Revlon offer- buy one, get second half price. I couldn't resist!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Got Rimmel's Match Perfection Blusher today in the post from ASOS which is meant to be a dupe for Hervana from Benefit, am putting it through it's paces to see if it really is!

214592-0128_1?$ProductLarge$

That looks awesome! I wonder if it's out in the US yet or not.

I did, too! I found it for $7.50 (it was $10 in another drugstore), so snatched a bottle in Vanilla to try it out. It's fantastic! The only thing I don't like is having to pour it out of the bottle - poured too much out the first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

The more I use Revlon NN, the less I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I actually think this body butter is the nicest thing I have ever smelled. It smells like lemon cheesecake or something. But anyways, NICEST SMELL EVER. And it's lovely and moisturising too, like other Soap and Glory body butters,

sugarcrush_bodybutter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ I love that stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It's the most gorgeous thing ever. Reminds me of maxi twists ice cream or tangle twisters or something when I was a kid. Smells AMAZING! :D

Eh I want that body butter in my life now!!!!

That's my treat for next week!:)

I got the Guerlain Meteorites pressed palette yesterday tis very lovely! I sold on my balls version cause I wanted it more compact, they do exactly the same thing! Money is tight so the sell one thing buy one thing policy is working well:) Next up, I must have Adele's eye palette she used at the Oscars found out everything she used and now want it ALL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

MAC%2BMSF%2BSoft%2Band%2Bgentle2.JPG

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I bought this when I was in New York last week and I cannot get enough of it. It has definitely made it into my favourite make up products EVER. It makes my skin look so bright and awake. I really think it is beautiful and I will never let it run out. As soon as I hit pan, I'll be re-purchasing.

0703-nars-foreplay-orgasm-blush-palette_bd.jpg

NARS Limited Edition Foreplay palette. Another New York purchase. I am obsessed with NARS blushes and I adore Orgasm so I had to have this palette when I saw it. I love it. I am not a pink blush girl at all but the bright pink looks gorgeous on the skin.

350x312px-LL-805b71f9_NARS_Spring2013_AndGodCreatedTheWoman.jpeg

NARS Limited Edition And God Created the Woman palette. Yet another purchase from New York. Limited edition NARS really sucked me in! This has been replacing both of my Naked Palettes lately so I think that says it all! It is also way prettier in real life!

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=39200574

NARS eye-liner in Via Veneto (black). Such a long-lasting, deep black eye-liner. Probably the best pencil liner I've ever used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Eh INext up, I must have Adele's eye palette she used at the Oscars found out everything she used and now want it ALL!!

Ahem :p

internet-memes-untitled21.jpg

• Advertisement

Eh I want that body butter in my life now!!!!

That's my treat for next week!:)

I got the Guerlain Meteorites pressed palette yesterday tis very lovely! I sold on my balls version cause I wanted it more compact, they do exactly the same thing! Money is tight so the sell one thing buy one thing policy is working well:) Next up, I must have Adele's eye palette she used at the Oscars found out everything she used and now want it ALL!!

What eye palette did she use??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

dinemo6 wrote: »
    What eye palette did she use??

According to this Huffington Post article it was a Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Quad in #6.

QUAD_FOND_CLAIR_06%255B1%255D.jpg

Boudoir

Hahaha that had me giggling! Yep that's the palette and have the full list of all the products if anyone wants them! Very interesting to know the eyeliner is Maybelline's gel liner!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Ok so the skin79 pink bb cream arrived yest (very promptly I might add aswell)...can't say I'm too impressed so far, looks a bit grey on my skin, didn't oxidise to suit me but am going to try it again in the morning in day light.

Piper101 wrote: »
    Ok so the skin79 pink bb cream arrived yest (very promptly I might add aswell)...can't say I'm too impressed so far, looks a bit grey on my skin, didn't oxidise to suit me but am going to try it again in the morning in day light.

Aww disappointed if you don't like it I'm literally obsessed with it and have my mam hooked too! If it turns out it doesn't suit you I'll buy it off you!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭ciaracp

Anyone looking for a body mist I highly recommend this. Smell stays for hours...love it! Body_Moisture_Spray__56491_1330115037_200_200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got Revlon NN foundation in vanilla on Sunday and I have to say, I love it. I usually wear Mac studio fix in nw10, but it's too heavy for every day wear. The Revlon NN is much more natural and great for wearing to work and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

gossmakeupartist is starting his make-up brush collection , i cannot wait hope they wont be to long . lovvvvvvve him :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfAVkvi9DG8&list=UUCvoAe__WFYMNAEN-C-CtYA&index=2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

gossmakeupartist is starting his make-up brush collection , i cannot wait hope they wont be to long . lovvvvvvve him :D

I've only watched a few of his vids but he's so likeable!! So knowledgeable as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Aww disappointed if you don't like it I'm literally obsessed with it and have my mam hooked too! If it turns out it doesn't suit you I'll buy it off you!

Sure not every product suits every skin so it was def worth a try. Think I might use it as a primer though, thanks!!

Advertisement