Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tayla wrote: »

I also found a major bargain today in Heatons, I got my favourite hair bobbins the goody ouchless elastics which are normally nearly €5 in boots. They were selling 3 packs for €1 :D I grabbed loads of them (I always lose them) delighted!!

http://www.boots.com/en/Goody-Ouchless-Thick-Elastics-Black-27-Pack_1190590/

Thanks a million for this! I got loads of goody stuff including clips, barettes and bobbins in heatons yesterday, absolute bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

In Boots recently, it was 3 for 2 on Revlon Products

So I bought 3, yes THREE, Revlon Colourstay Foundations in Ivory, Buff and Nude

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters In Creme Brulee & Berry Smoothie

Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara

Gosh BB cream

Essie Nail Varnish in Chinchilla and Trophey Wife

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

End of the no buy month, yippeeee! Ok technically it's still February but I'm off tomorrow so won't be near the shops ;)

MAC BB Cream, in Extra Light. Really like the texture so far, and coverage is good. Have yet to apply it myself though, had it put on in-store.

mac-prep-prime-beauty-balm-uva-uvb.jpg

MAC Betty Bright lipstick from the Archie's Girls collection. Love this colour on!!

MAC-Cosmetics-Archies-Girls-Lipstick-BettyBright.jpg

MAC Prep + Prime Lip. Trying to get out of the neutral pinks for work so I hope this will keep the more coloured shades in place. I work in retail so try not to pop off the floor to fix my lippie :p

M4XA.jpg

Came to €66 in total, and I had €5 on my loyalty card (shocking!!!). Then I won a €5 voucher in the BT lucky dip! So saved a tenner... Kind of? I'm justifying it that way anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I bought MUA's new concealer on a whim. It was only like 1.85 and it's beyond rubbish. The coverage isn't even lightweight. Not for redness and blends into nothing.

Need new foundation, been hearing nice things about Nearly Naked. Might give it a go. Does any Irish store stock the lightest shade, Vanilla though? I really hate that we get pick and mix of shades and it's never the lightest... It's baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Piper101 wrote: »

Sure not every product suits every skin so it was def worth a try. Think I might use it as a primer though, thanks!!

Rethink! Tried this again today on its own with some mac skinfinish bronzer over it and its the best 'me but better' look ive gotten! Starting to realise how mask-like ELDW makes me. Think I'm hooked already wanting the misscha signature bb cream (a sample came with the skin 79)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Piper101 wrote: »
    Rethink! Tried this again today on its own with some mac skinfinish bronzer over it and its the best 'me but better' look ive gotten! Starting to realise how mask-like ELDW makes me. Think I'm hooked already wanting the misscha signature bb cream (a sample came with the skin 79)

YES!!:D That's exactly what it does, I think the one shade can alienate certain skin tones but honestly it's the best good skin product I've used that never looks overdone and always make you look healthy!!

Got my Arbonne primer so tried it out today, it's aammmazzzing! I'd been using Inglot's primer which I was very meh about but this is brilliant, leaves a silky smooth finish, and when you apply makeup it looks better than it ever has before, imperfections blurs and you have that soft look you usually only get with very good lighting!! Will have review and pics ready on Monday but for now take my word on it it's the best primer I've tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got more Goody bobbins today in heatons. I also got this goody brush for €2 and a goody two brush set for €2 which I think is this set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Had a quite big Boots haul today:

Soltan Face Moisturising Suncare Cream 30 and 50 (All sun care products are Buy 1 Get 1 Free atm. Their facial sunscreen worked perfectly last summer under the Mediterranean sun at 40 degrees.)

Simple Moisturising Skin Wash, Smoothing Facial Scrub and Soothing Facial Toner (I quite like their Moisture Boost Hydro Cream and Light Moisturiser. So I decided to give more products from Simple a try. There is a 3 for 2 at skin care products.)

Hydraluron from Indeed. (This was on my wishlist forever. I'll see how it goes.)

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. (I just want to see what all the fuss is about :) )

Benefit They're Real Mascara Mini (I'm a fan of BadGal and want to see how they compare. I know they're quite different but anyway.)

Multi pack of latex free sponge wedges

Natural Collection Colour Foundation (I got this in the deepest colour, which is probably 3 shades darker than my own tone. I recently fell in love with cream contouring and want to try it with liquid foundation.)

Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Balm (I wanted to try this since its release but thought the price was a bit steep. It is currently on sale.)

L'Oreal Elnett Heat Protectant Spray (I love the Elnett hair spray -the only hair spray I can use-, so decided to try the protectant as well.)

Real Techniques Metal Lash comb - brow groomer (I lost my old one.)

I also had a Cloud10Beauty haul recently as well (It's my birthday month. This is the only way I can justify all these :eek: ):

Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki

Sigma P82 Precision Round

Sigma Eyeliner E05 (sent as a gift)

Sigma E15 Flat Definer (been looking for a decent flat eye liner brush for such a log time. Hopefully this will end my search.)

Pease Smoothing Make-Up Base (I've been curious about this brand for such a long time.)

I haven't given any of these a proper try. I'd be happy to hear your opinions about any of these!

It has been quite a long time I bought this but I have to include it. I am a warm toned girl. My lips are quite pigmented so the usual "popular" pink lipsticks look very odd on me. I can actually say that I don't like pink lipstick :eek: and always been a red/bright lips kind of girl. Well, that was until I found Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Chamade. This little scrumptious beauty is AMAZING! (and totally deserves all caps :cool: )

I mean, just take a look at it (Image does not belong to me):

Guerlain+-+01.jpg

^^^^ That is some haul:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Went to Newry on Friday so bought a few things in Superdrug as Superdrug in Republic is sh!t. Got MUA lipstick in shade 2- haven't really used it yet so don't know what lasting power is like but it's a nice shade and was only £1! Also got the new Revlon naked foundation in nude, I wanted a colour that matched my skin colour without fake tan, it seems like a good match and hasn't oxidised. It feels so smooth on the skin, liking so far. I also bought MUA BB cream in medium, haven't tried it yet but was only £4! Lastly I bought some fashionista stuff. You can buy an empty 4 space palette and fill it with eyeshadows and blushers for £10. It's a great deal as without the palettes the shades are £4 each! I'm loving New York it's a blush/highlighter and came on recommendation from youtuber/blogger miss budget beauty!

Last week I picked up a few things in Boots. Rimmel apocalypse in celestial ( I think that's the name of the shade). I'm not sure I like it, it seems that a lot of the product comes onto the applicator and it kind of goes all over the place, like there's too much product to stay on the lips if that makes sense!! I got two of the Barry M gel polishes ( can't remember exact name), I think they are beyond useless, I know a lot of people like them but within 24hours they had chipped on me and were actually just peeling off!! Waste of money!

• Advertisement

This might be a bit contreversial but I do NOT like Moroccan Oil :eek:

I've been using it consistently since mid January. I think it's a bit drying in long term. It doesn't help with frizz very much; at least for my thick hair. Honestly, L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil does a much better job for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've been using Botanics eye make up remover for a few weeks now. It's my first time ever trying a separate eye make up remover but I do really like this one.

It's one which you need to shake before use as it is half oil and that appeals to me. It feels nice, really glides and you don't need to rub or pull at your eye to get make up off. A little goes a long way too. I would repurchase! It was around the €6 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

got a free percy and reed oil for fine hair free with glamour magazine - its really nice :)

anyone tried the loreal CC creams? Am debating trying one.

got a free percy and reed oil for fine hair free with glamour magazine - its really nice :)

I got that too. It dried the hell out of my hair though :(

eek thanks for the heads up. hasnt done it to mine but have only used it once!

Hmm I never tried the oil but I had the Moroccan oil cream mask conditioner and found it very disappointing!

anyone tried the loreal CC creams? Am debating trying one.

Thanks for posting. Got the Finishing polish last year and was very impressed. It is currently £10 on Asos so to get it for under €3 is a good deal. Not really interested in the other products but am going to get 2/3 copies to get the finishing polish. Its full size too :) More info about the freebies here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Novella wrote: »
    I've been using Botanics eye make up remover for a few weeks now. It's my first time ever trying a separate eye make up remover but I do really like this one.

It's one which you need to shake before use as it is half oil and that appeals to me. It feels nice, really glides and you don't need to rub or pull at your eye to get make up off. A little goes a long way too. I would repurchase! It was around the €6 mark.

+ 1, great product!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Vibrant blue let us know how you find the hydraluron from indeed i tried it and didn't really like it found it sticky and very drying :-( does anyone have any suggestions for a non pore clogging moisturisers for Very dry skin?

For very dry skin, I love Weleda's Skin Food, for night time only thought but leaves your skin feeling lovely! Also Sanctuary do great sachets of hydrating masks which I always love, I'm also trying out La Roche Posay's new moisturiser for very dry skin and it feels lovely but isn't greasy in the slightest:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I got the moogoo rosehip oil. I use it under moisturiser before bed & I've noticed a huge difference to my skin. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I got the moogoo rosehip oil. I use it under moisturiser before bed & I've noticed a huge difference to my skin. Love it.
    Where did you buy this and how much? I've heard rose hip oil is good for redness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

lindtee wrote: »

Thanks for posting. Got the Finishing polish last year and was very impressed. It is currently £10 on Asos so to get it for under €3 is a good deal. Not really interested in the other products but am going to get 2/3 copies to get the finishing polish. Its full size too :) More info about the freebies here
    Squee! I got the hair mask last year and oh my goodness, the difference in my hair was astounding. So soft! Must hunt down a few copies tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Where did you buy this and how much? I've heard rose hip oil is good for redness!

I think it was about €10. I got it in a pharmacy in ennis. I can pm you name but you're probably not near. It's amazing, so impressive! Hope you find it. I know the trilogy one ie good too but its about €20 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Finally repurchased old faithful yet again:

1617290.JPG

But it means I get to retire it's predecessor and Back-to-MAC my empties tomorrow :D Any reviews on the Plumful lipstick? I'm torn between that or Rebel, but I do own a couple of bold (albeit red/burgundy) lipsticks already.

pushkii wrote: »
    Vibrant blue let us know how you find the hydraluron from indeed i tried it and didn't really like it found it sticky and very drying :-( does anyone have any suggestions for a non pore clogging moisturisers for Very dry skin?

I only used it just once, yesterday evening, but I really like it. But my first impression is that it is suitable for dehydrated skin (which my skin is atm), not really for dry skin.

My favourite for combating dryness is Trilogy Rosehip Oil. I couldn't have gotten past this winter w/o it. Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream, La Roche Posay Nutritic, Oilateum, Toleriane Ultra, Salcura Face Hydrator and Simple Moisture Boost Hydro Cream are other stuff I use and like for dryness.

Hope this helps :) I have acne prone skin which can get upset so easily, so I feel your pain :(

bscm wrote: »
    Any reviews on the Plumful lipstick? I'm torn between that or Rebel, but I do own a couple of bold (albeit red/burgundy) lipsticks already.

I have Rebel and love it!! But I love all purple and/or plum based lipsticks (including Plumful) in general :D You can wear Rebel boldly or as a stain for a more day look.

My favourite for combating dryness is Trilogy Rosehip Oil. I couldn't have gotten past this winter w/o it.

I am in love with that stuff. I was worried buying it as my skin can be a bit combination but my god its fabulous! Its totally gotten rid of the dry patches I used to get from working in an office with air con all day. Its also doesnt make my skin greasy at all but leaves it looking great. Lasts ages too. i will definately be re purchasing.

Coinidentally it came with a cleanser and cream in a kit I got and im not enamoured with the cream at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

bscm wrote: »
    But it means I get to retire it's predecessor and Back-to-MAC my empties tomorrow :D

Ended up buying Plumful (decided I liked Rebel enough to buy it at a later date, or save it to be my next B2M lippie, also EssieButton's reviews tend to sway me).

Loving Plumful at the moment. Just popped it on for the first time and I think I may have found my first everyday lipstick :D Looks slightly darker than my natural lip colour, but gives an amazing "your lips but better" effect.

• Advertisement

Re-ordered my Gold Skin79 BB Cream and also ordered the orange version which I've never tried but is meant to be paler and pinker than the others, can't wait to try it! Once I get it I'll do another breakdown post showing how the three compare in colour coverage etc.

skin79_super_plus_orange_bb_cream__12381_zoom.jpg

Advertisement