Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

LizT wrote: »
    Where did you order them from lindtee?
    Sorry forgot to say where! From onlinemakeupstore on Amazon. Postage was a flat £3.50 They don't seem to have anything left in stock though (was plenty yesterday though:confused:) There are other sellers selling it too but I don't know what their p&p rates are http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_seeall_1?rh=k%3Adainty+doll%2Ci%3Adrugstore&keywords=dainty+doll&ie=UTF8&qid=1363896144 There is also stock available on frangrancedirect

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes
    Too-Faced-Boudoir-Eyes-Shadow-Collection.jpg

I love Too Faced!! Can't seem to get it in Ireland anymore :(

Anyone seen it in Ireland at all lately??

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

xzanti wrote: »

I love Too Faced!! Can't seem to get it in Ireland anymore :(

Anyone seen it in Ireland at all lately??

They have Too Faced in Boots in Liffey Valley :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I've been very good about not buying too much makeup these past few months (only a few drugstore items here and there!) so I treated myself to a few bits yesterday to celebrate a new part time job I got recently :)

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes
    http://www.musingsofamuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Too-Faced-Boudoir-Eyes-Shadow-Collection.jpg
    I really really want this, its fab!

Where did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I really really want this, its fab!

Where did you get it?

I got this at Sephora (US) for $36. I do recommend it, though, if you can find it! :)

• Advertisement

I got this at Sephora (US) for $36. I do recommend it, though, if you can find it! :)

Aww I was hoping you got it online somewhere :) I will have a look though, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Can anyone maybe recommend a LRP cleanser that would work well with the clarisonic?

Hi

I bought this one (http://www.laroche-posay.ie/product-treatments/Effaclar/Effaclar-Purifying-Cleansing-Gel-p3993.aspx)
    and used it this evening.... I like one that foams when you use it with the Clarsonic, which this one did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Soltan Face Moisturising Suncare Cream 30 and 50

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent.

L'Oreal Elnett Heat Protectant Spray

Sigma E15 Flat Definer

I am kind of converted to Soltan Sunscreens from LRP. They are brilliant for the price with great UVA and UVB protection. I'm not sure how they'll work for oily skin though.

I don't get the hype around Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I think this can only work for VERY oily skin.

I adore L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray but I didn't like the heat protectant at all. I'm going to stick with my Schwarzkopf Got2b Guardian Angel.

And finally, Sigma E15 is the best flat liner brush I've ever tried. My search is finally over. :) Seriously, if you're looking for a good push liner brush, this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Sheela wrote: »
    Hi

I bought this one (http://www.laroche-posay.ie/product-treatments/Effaclar/Effaclar-Purifying-Cleansing-Gel-p3993.aspx)
    and used it this evening.... I like one that foams when you use it with the Clarsonic, which this one did...

How are you getting on with this cleanser? I'm just about on the market for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Have to say I really like it.... use it with my clarsonic and then use a muslin cloth to take it off....

Plus it was (only) €16, was using an Origins one that was €25 that I don't think cleaned my face as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Lost in tanning hell .... i have dry skin and i'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in june gold dress pale skin so i definately need to wearing false tan that day so far i've tried fake bake which i think i'm allergic too!!! Sally henson spray legs which i found very messy ....st tropez which didn't really take to my skin kind so before i buy and try another tan i was looking for feedback,

thinking of the following next
    karora
    tan organic
    lancome flash bronzer

Any advice on these looking for something good for dry skin and gives natural glow

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'm hoping to try Cocoa Brown in the next few days. It's an Irish tan developed by Marissa Carter who has sensitive skin and wanted something that would be suitable. Will let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

quinevere wrote: »
    Lost in tanning hell .... i have dry skin and i'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in june gold dress pale skin so i definately need to wearing false tan that day so far i've tried fake bake which i think i'm allergic too!!! Sally henson spray legs which i found very messy ....st tropez which didn't really take to my skin kind so before i buy and try another tan i was looking for feedback,

thinking of the following next
    karora
    tan organic
    lancome flash bronzer

Any advice on these looking for something good for dry skin and gives natural glow

Thanks
    I'd try Cocoa Brown too. Its only 8 euro a bottle and is suppose to give a natural glow. You can leave it on for 1hour up to 3hours, depending on how dark you want it and then wash it off. There is loads of reviews about it. Worth a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

In justification i had seriously cleared out my makeup drawers and given away loads of stuff to my nieces.

From sleek i recently got the snapshots idivine palette, rose gold blusher and glo highlighter in bronze. i was really happy with the pigmentation of the eyeshadow and blusher and as i was left with mainly neutrals after the clearout dicided to buy a bit more. and then i went mad!

Got idivine palettes in Oh so special and lagoon, Blush in mirrored pink, corrector and concealer 3 in 1, face contour kit, eyebrow kit and pout paint in cloud nine and minx!

Then i hit iherb and got the real techniques brush starter kits for face and eye, blusher brush and stippling brush.

think thats it for a little while.

In my defence my boyfriend and i live in different counties and i like to have a stash of makeup in his place so i dont have to carry it with me all the time!! but definitely time to stop the online shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I LOVE Sleek eye shadows, I have all the palettes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I LOVE Sleek eye shadows, I have all the palettes. :)

I've never tried them. Are they as good as urban decay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

they are good but not as good as Urban Decay. Not as creamy or blendable. Still decent for what you pay for them tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Definitely not as good as UD. I have loads of UD stuff and prefer it to Sleek shadows because they blend really well, but when I was unemployed and couldn't afford UD, Sleek took its place! For what you pay, they are lovely, easy to blend, highly pigmented shadows from my experience. Well worth a try for a tenner a palette.

I will say that if you decide to try the 'Acid' palette advertised on their site, it is a LOT brighter and more neon than the pictures! I wanted neons, so it suited me perfectly, but yeah, a lot more neon than it looks in the pics on the site. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Holland and Barratt have a buy one get one half price sale for the ladies looking at A'kin - I spotted a lot of stuff in the Henry St branch - the prices are quite dear in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

If anyone is interested, the Down Syndrome charity shop at the bottom of Grafton Street currently have loads of Neutrogena Wave + refill pads + some sort of cleanser pads. You can get any of those three for €4

9076sw_wave.jpg

They're currently on the Sam McCauley website for €9.99 so that's a pretty good bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I have both UD naked palettes and I don't wear bright eyeshadow that much so I got the sleek palettes to add some bright colours. At €18 a pop the UD brights were a bit too expensive for something I don't wear much.

Oh and the oh so special palette was a complete impulse but I'm a sucker for pinks and I'm always afraid with naked 1 that it will break as the packaging isn't very solid for throwing ina bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

lindtee what site did you buy that stuff from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I'm using the new Mythic oil range from Loreal. Fabulous turns dry hair into spun gold.

Mythic-Blog2.png

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

quinevere wrote: »

Quinevere, I've now tried Cocoa Brown and OMG cannot recommend it highly enough! I just put it on for the hour as I am *very* pale and it just gave a very light sunkissed look. I'm going to try it again soon for a bit longer. My legs are very dry so obviously I gave a good exfoliation in advance but it hasn't dried my legs out at all. (I did it yesterday morning but have waited to see how my skin would react!)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Quinevere, I've now tried Cocoa Brown and OMG cannot recommend it highly enough! I just put it on for the hour as I am *very* pale and it just gave a very light sunkissed look. I'm going to try it again soon for a bit longer. My legs are very dry so obviously I gave a good exfoliation in advance but it hasn't dried my legs out at all. (I did it yesterday morning but have waited to see how my skin would react!)

That great I'm going to try that next fingers crosses for me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Picked up my first Nars products: Orgasm blusher

nars_0.jpg

and radiant creamy concealer in vanilla

1f6e2069-a2e8-4f83-8207-793e94347452.jpg .

Seriously impressed with both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Just picked up these 2 today:

10145876?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

malin_and_goetz_acne_treatment_grande.jpg?203

I just used the Dr Jart Bubble Foam and I'm seriously impressed. It has a creamy consistency. You literally need a pea sized amount. It leaves your face squeaky clean but not tight. Ladies with dry skin might not like it though.

I applied the acne treatment on a massive zit which looks more like I'm growing a 2nd head. :( I'll see how it went in the morning.

juke wrote: »
    Picked up my first Nars products: Orgasm blusher

http://jolieasie.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nars_0.jpg

and radiant creamy concealer in vanilla

http://imagesec.na.ctscdn.com/image/525/525/1f6e2069-a2e8-4f83-8207-793e94347452.jpg .

Seriously impressed with both.
    Do you mind me asking, how much was that concealer and where did you get it? Do you find it good?

I need a new concealer and wanted the C2000 one in Boots but the lightest shade is too dark for me, as are most concealers in Boots so I always end up having to get expensive ones! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Been using my Real Techniques Travel Essentials for about a week now and I really love them! Well, 2 out of 3.

The eyeshadow brush is a great all over brush. It's fluffly, but dense and not flimsy. Very good product pick up, perfect for doing your base lid colour.

The multitask powder brush is perfect for blusher. Again, great product pick up. I find it's a great size for easily getting a full and rosy look.

I don't love the foundation brush. I have tried it with YSL Touch Eclat and it just drank up the foundation. I usually get my whole face done with one pump and my MAC 187 brush, but only got half with this brush, even with lots of attempted blending! It wasn't as bad with my MAC BB cream, but still not as good as the 187.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Reviews from Temptalia and Musings of a Muse were pretty amazing about this so had to try it, is meant to set your foundation with a glow so you don't get a flat powder look, very excited and will report back! Cost €35 in Bt

photo_file_98725_60119-nars-lg.jpg?1359650735

Advertisement