Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki
    Sigma P82 Precision Round

I got F80 due to the rave reviews but I don't think I necessarily need this as I got the Real Techniques Buffing Brush from the Core Collection. They both do a quite similar job and I prefer the RT. I'll still keep it though to use it when my RT one is drying after washing.

I'm loving P82. It's great for under eyes (both with liquid and powder concealer) and buffing/blending concealer anywhere on the face really. It's the perfect shape and density. I might actually get back ups if I still feel the same way about it after a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I got F80 due to the rave reviews but I don't think I necessarily need this as I got the Real Techniques Buffing Brush from the Core Collection. They both do a quite similar job and I prefer the RT. I'll still keep it though to use it when my RT one is drying after washing.

I'm loving P82. It's great for under eyes (both with liquid and powder concealer) and buffing/blending concealer anywhere on the face really. It's the perfect shape and density. I might actually get back ups if I still feel the same way about it after a couple of months.

I have both these, adore them! Interesting you prefer the RT one though!:) Still haven't tried Real Techniques yet!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Re-ordered my Gold Skin79 BB Cream and also ordered the orange version which I've never tried but is meant to be paler and pinker than the others, can't wait to try it! Once I get it I'll do another breakdown post showing how the three compare in colour coverage etc.

skin79_super_plus_orange_bb_cream__12381_zoom.jpg

I've got yellow undertones and very fair skin. Like NC10/13 (if MAC did them), the pink one would be the best one to go for right?

What's the other one again, the silver isn't it? What's that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Resi12 wrote: »
    I've got yellow undertones and very fair skin. Like NC10/13 (if MAC did them), the pink one would be the best one to go for right?

What's the other one again, the silver isn't it? What's that like?

I think you mean the gold one. I think considering you're fair I'd go with the gold one as the pink one can make fair skin seem quite greyish. I've used both the gold and pink myself and I prefer the gold one and I have very fair skin. Also I find the gold one to be slightly thicker giving you that bit more coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Picked up Mac Viva Glam V and Prolongwear in NC15. Really wanted NC10 but they didn't have it.

M74403.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

my little haul from the irish beauty show , in love with makeup atelier products so pigmented,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

la-roche-posay-effaclar-duo.jpg

I cannot live without this ever again.

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    I think you mean the gold one. I think considering you're fair I'd go with the gold one as the pink one can make fair skin seem quite greyish. I've used both the gold and pink myself and I prefer the gold one and I have very fair skin. Also I find the gold one to be slightly thicker giving you that bit more coverage.

Yeah, sorry. I knew it was a silver bottle. I looked it up and the Gold seems to be Normal/Dry so that'd be a no for me, especially coming into Summer. The Pink doesn't look so bad from some I've seen, I've read that once it oxidises it isn't half as grey?

The more I look up and watch reviews, the more it says that the Gold is actually greyer/darker than the pink... Hmmm, I'll keep on looking but the Pink is definitely the winner so far. I must see about the 'Vital' Orange now.

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry. I knew it was a silver bottle. I looked it up and the Gold seems to be Normal/Dry so that'd be a no for me, especially coming into Summer. The Pink doesn't look so bad from some I've seen, I've read that once it oxidises it isn't half as grey?

The more I look up and watch reviews, the more it says that the Gold is actually greyer/darker than the pink... Hmmm, I'll keep on looking but the Pink is definitely the winner so far. I must see about the 'Vital' Orange now.

The pink is better for oilier skin, the gold is great for dry and easier to layer for more coverage and I'm trying out the Orange because it's meant to be much paler than the other too and more foundation like so I'll update as soon as I try it! I can wear pink or gold but I'd say the gold is a touch more netural and lighter but it's only a small amount! I'll get back to you on the orange which sounds in theory very, very promising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I went to get some Estee Lauder DW in Bone earlier, but they only had Cool Bone so I took that instead. There's some difference between the shades; Cool Bone looks very warm while Bone (which I like, but is slightly pale) has a more yellow tone to it.

I'm wondering whether to return it or if there won't be a huge difference when I try it out properly? I've only put it on my jaw and it doesn't look too dark...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Candycrush

I'm a newbe to boards however I have fallen in love with this thread :)
    With it being Thur I splashed out a little at lunch time online :)

I purchased Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade - I've been hearing great things about this and had it on my wish list from some time. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I went for Mac Pro Longwear foundation this time rather than the Studio Sculpt as I wasn't over keen on it. I am NC20.

Next on the list was Mac Powder Blush in DollyMix - my friend has this and raves about it so I decided to give it a try.
    I also got Sheertone Blush in Peaches - which I am hoping will be good for everday/work.

My last Mac purchase was False Lash Mascara - I don't really know much about this product but it sounded great and I need a new mascara.

I ordered all of the above from House of Frazer and as it was over £50 delivery was free - I will be waiting patiently for my order to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Candycrush

I think it was about €10. I got it in a pharmacy in ennis. I can pm you name but you're probably not near. It's amazing, so impressive! Hope you find it. I know the trilogy one ie good too but its about €20 I think.

I cant wait to get my hands on this.
    I've just checked it online at Moogoo.ie and sounds fab - I think its €10.50 so I will def be making a purchase.

Simple Soothing Facial Toner
    Hydraluron from Indeed.
    Real Techniques Metal Lash comb - brow groomer

I don't really believe in toners. I just can't see the purpose of them. Maybe they were meaningful in the past when cleansers left residues and messed up your skin's pH balance. I got the Simple toner as part of Boots 3 for 2 and I must say, I'm kind of enjoying it. It's not an essential for me but if you love toners, I think this is a nice one.

I'm really loving Hydraluron. It is godsend for dehydrated skin. It is still too early to tell but this might be HG, can't-live-without material.

I like my lashes really seperated. I also hate clumpy lashes. Metal lash comb is a must for me. The Real Techniques one is affordable and gets the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Got a sample size of this in one of those inflight amenity kits recently.

fm-103-10.jpg

Kinda wish I hadn't because it's my new favourite thing!
    It's a sort of clear gel that is very soothing but not heavy or greasy.
    It has no scent or taste and just keeps lips soft. Lasts for ages too.
    One of the nicest lipbalms I've ever used.
    Gonna have to stock up cos the one I have is running out.
    Seems to have rave reviews on make up alley.

Tried out Rimmel's nude liner, LOVE IT! Finally a liner for the waterline that doesn't look glaringly white!

Also just got in Clarin's new bb cream this morning, not bad at all! Medium is very dark on me but consistency was nice, decent coverage, felt a bit drier than say Skin79 so prob good for oily skin but was no problem on my dry skin. Tried on bare skin without primer but first thoughts are good!

clarins-1.jpg

I find the nude pencil is still a bit garish on, I got it trying to avoid paying 20 for Chanel's lilac one but I think I'll have too now!

I'm wearing the ELDW in Cool Bone today and it's not quite as dark as I thought, thankfully. Still, there is a bit of a difference between my face and neck so I've to blend it a bit.

As a matter of interest, I have sallow skin with yellow undertones - do I have a warm or cool skin tone? Hopefully someone here that's more knowledgeable than me can tell me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm wearing the ELDW in Cool Bone today and it's not quite as dark as I thought, thankfully. Still, there is a bit of a difference between my face and neck so I've to blend it a bit.

As a matter of interest, I have sallow skin with yellow undertones - do I have a warm or cool skin tone? Hopefully someone here that's more knowledgeable than me can tell me? :)
    Yellow undertones means you have a warm skintone. If you had pink undertones then you would have a cool skintone. If you need any questions answered in relation to this just let me know :D

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Yellow undertones means you have a warm skintone. If you had pink undertones then you would have a cool skintone. If you need any questions answered in relation to this just let me know :D

Thanks so much :)

I find the nude pencil is still a bit garish on, I got it trying to avoid paying 20 for Chanel's lilac one but I think I'll have too now!

I agree. GOSH has a lilac one that I'm thinking of trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Is this a eye liner Pencils?

te=vibrantblue;83574004]

I agree. GOSH has a lilac one that I'm thinking of trying.[/Quote]

I don't find it too noticeable on and I hate any chalky white ones but will take a peek at the Gosh one too!!:)

Here's before and after with flash and no flash:

4UpwfS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Bought this earlier after being very late to the rosehip oil party :D

akin_rosehip_oil_.jpg

It's not bad at all, but I still find it a bit heavy looking, You can go for a lighter application but it still looks kinda iffy. Like nobody's undereye is actually nude, I think the lilac would blend into the white of the eye nicer than a nude/yellow-ish liner.

That's me though!
    I agree. GOSH has a lilac one that I'm thinking of trying.

Yeah? Oh... I must have a look in Superdrug tomorrow then! Who am I kidding, I'm googling it right after this is typed out, ha ha!

Thanks for the tip off!

Oh also, I know we were talking about the Pink VS Orange BB Cream's the last page back and I'm definitely going for the Orange.

20_2_thumb1_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800

Also, the Orange seems to be for oily/combo skin which is perfect and it has an SPF of 50 compared to the Pink's 30. Win, win, win!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I bought Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream in the Duty Free on my way home from Holidays last week, I had sunburn on my forehead and it said on the box that it was good for that..

As I was rushing for my flight I didn't take the time to look at the tester and just ran with it in my excitement.

It's not what I expected at all.. it's more a jelly than a cream and there's a strong smell like Tea Tree Oil off it..

I just use it on my lips now.. as I can't see it being any use on my face.. my skin is oily enough already :confused:

Anyone got any tips for making good use of it?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

xzanti wrote: »
    I bought Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream in the Duty Free on my way home from Holidays last week, I had sunburn on my forehead and it said on the box that it was good for that..

As I was rushing for my flight I didn't take the time to look at the tester and just ran with it in my excitement.

It's not what I expected at all.. it's more a jelly than a cream and there's a strong smell like Tea Tree Oil off it..

I just use it on my lips now.. as I can't see it being any use on my face.. my skin is oily enough already :confused:

Anyone got any tips for making good use of it?

Cheers.

It is more like Vaseline than cream..... It is fantastic for burned skin, use it on worst effected areas at night time and you should see a marked difference by morning.

It's too sticky for daytime use! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Got a Brown Thomas voucher for Xmas, spent it yesterday :)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=6479693
    Mac lipstick in Plumful

MAC-Eye-Shadow-in-Steamy.jpg
    Mac eyeshadow in Steamy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQitp8Lb1orfut8EzOhDJJUP1XfikguKTMH8HTacA-xJti4y1qo
    Mac Eyeliner in Designer Purple (Archies Girls collection)

Got a No.7 lipliner in Plum aswell to go with the lippie. Tried it yesterday and I like it a lot! First time using lipliner and I found it very easy to use.

Bought a few things lately, with mixed results;
    http://www.maybelline.com/~/media/Images/MNY/Global/Home/Products/Eye-Makeup/Eye-Shadow/ExpertWear-Eyeshadow-8-Pan/Twilight-Rays/expert-wear-eye-shadow_sunbaked-neutrals_8pans_pack-shot-crop.png
    Nice collection of neutrals, but no staying power and difficult to apply without it dropping all over the place, even after blowing off the excess enthusiastically.

This is disappointing, peachier than it appears in the photo, goes on patchy and doesn't last well.
    http://www.global-customer.com/images/cosmetics_GIVENCHY/glogou_GIVENCHY_cosmetics_8.jpg

AE lipstick - nice and soft and subtle (on darker complexions) but no staying power:
    http://www.elizabetharden.com/Color-Intrigue-Effects-Lipstick/1002CIEC400,default,pd.html

This is something I use for just about everything. Skin, hair, nails, and hands. It smells divine.
    http://www.nuxe.com/en/huile-prodigieuse-138/

And this little number, lasts forever and works miracles on very dry skin overnight, heels, knees and elbows. Anywhere.
    http://usa.loccitane.com/divine-cream,82,1,29427,263161.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Novella wrote: »
    la-roche-posay-effaclar-duo

I cannot live without this ever again.

What do you use it for? LRP products always confuse me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Orlee wrote: »
    What do you use it for? LRP products always confuse me!

It's mainly for use on active spots, but can be used all over the face to smooth bumps/small spots. Works great on reducing acne/bad spots overnight :)

I wouldn't recommend it as a regular (as in weeks on end) nightly treatment, I used it nightly for about 2 weeks and then realised my spots were growing resistant to it. Just use it until the spot is "dying off".

Advertisement