Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking, how much was that concealer and where did you get it? Do you find it good?

I need a new concealer and wanted the C2000 one in Boots but the lightest shade is too dark for me, as are most concealers in Boots so I always end up having to get expensive ones! :(

I bought it on the Nars website, as BT were out of stock. €26.00. I didn't pay extra for delivery.

I've used Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer in Ivory (over their corrector) for ages - much more impressed with this, as it doesn't tend to cake as much, it is much lighter in texture, but gives just as good coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Reviews from Temptalia and Musings of a Muse were pretty amazing about this so had to try it, is meant to set your foundation with a glow so you don't get a flat powder look, very excited and will report back! Cost €35 in Bt

I've had it for over a month now and I've noticed no difference from other powders I've used. I'd be interested to hear what you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

juke wrote: »
    I bought it on the Nars website, as BT were out of stock. €26.00. I didn't pay extra for delivery.

I've used Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer in Ivory (over their corrector) for ages - much more impressed with this, as it doesn't tend to cake as much, it is much lighter in texture, but gives just as good coverage.
    Thanks a million, do you know how much it is in BTs by any chance? I've a £20 voucher for ASOS and of course they don't stock the concealer lol, typical!

I use the Bobbi creamy concealer too but I find it's hard to blend and it 'sits' into the lines under my eyes! :( I use Bobbi's concealer in warm ivory, do you think vanilla is the colour I'd need in the NARS concealer or another colour? I'm going to Dublin in a month so might see about getting a colour match in BTs.

I want a lighter creamy concealer that will actually conceal for me without sitting into the lines!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Picked up Rimmel's new lip product Apocalips (lol) in Celestial this morning. It was €5.95 in Penney's. Pretty impressed with it. Lovely colour and lasted very well. Not drying so far. Might pick up the red shade too!

apocalips1.jpg

Pic from sugarscape.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not sure if this is strictly what you are looking for, as I'm new to this thread, but I just had to let you know about a wonderful moisturiser I discovered recently.

It's Johnson's 24 Hour Day Cream and I got it for €4 in Boots a few months ago. (I bought it months ago and never opened it, until last week)
    I just had to tell you how wonderful this is.

I've tried several different moisturisers over the years and they've all their pros and cons, but this is amazing.

It's a light cream that has a delicate fragrance and it sinks in so quickly, leaves no greasy residue and after applying, your skin feels like satin.
    I also find that, once it's sunk in, it acts as a pretty good primer.

I applied it every morning and let it sink in, then I applied my Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation and it glided on lovely and my skin looked incredibly smooth.

I couldn't believe how great this cream was at such a good price and I reckon it's up there with the most expensive luxurious brands for the quality.

http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/orig/0/8/2/7/1/827113.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

^^^I tried that cream before when I got it in a gift set a few years back and was also very impressed with it. Well worth it at that price. I'd actually forgotten how good it was so thanks for refreshing my memory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I recently purchased Nars illuminator stick from BT.

nars_copacabana_stick_grande.jpg?203

I think it's awful. It was about 40 quid too so was very disappointed. It just made my face look really shiny. It's possible I just have the wrong skin for it, but I would expect a highlighter to subtly highlight the bits you want instead of just making them glossy and shiny.

I also recently purchased Dior's BB cream and I love it.

dior_bb_cream_v_17jan13_pr_b_320x480.jpg

I have been searching for a long time now for the perfect foundation. I have really pale skin with warm undertones. Pale skin usually has cool undertones. The only brand that had a colour pale enough for my skin tone was the Nars liquid foundation (can't remember the name of it), but I didn't like the texture of it at all. It didn't have great coverage and it just kind of sat on my skin in a really weird way.

The Dior BB cream goes on lovely, it's not too heavy but still has a good amount of coverage. When I wear it with a small bit of blush my skin is flawless but it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up (without the blush it looks a little unnaturally uniform). Plus it's a BB cream so it's good for your skin. It has SPF 25 too. Would highly recommend.

My only complaint so far is that it doesn't last the whole day, but that might not be a fair complaint because of the weather we have been getting. Walking around in the snow/wind/rain on the way to/from work and at lunch time would probably destroy any foundation. I'll have to wait for nicer weather to make a proper judgement on that front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Do you use primer and a bit of powder with the Dior BB cream, Tiddlypeeps? They should help it last a bit longer. I found Benefit's The Porefessional to be very good, and I have quite oily skin.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Do you use primer and a bit of powder with the Dior BB cream, Tiddlypeeps? They should help it last a bit longer. I found Benefit's The Porefessional to be very good, and I have quite oily skin.

No I don't. That's next on my list to buy. I had MAC prep and prime but I ended up giving it away, I hated how it went on. I just felt greasy on my skin and I didn't notice any real benefit when wearing it. I was planning to buy the smashbox primer, but the guy who sold me the BB cream used some Dior primer I can't remember the name of on my face before putting the BB cream on me and I found it lovely so I was considering that one.

I have oily skin too so now I'm considering the one you mentioned. Too many choices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

No I don't. That's next on my list to buy. I had MAC prep and prime but I ended up giving it away, I hated how it went on. I just felt greasy on my skin and I didn't notice any real benefit when wearing it. I was planning to buy the smashbox primer, but the guy who sold me the BB cream used some Dior primer I can't remember the name of on my face before putting the BB cream on me and I found it lovely so I was considering that one.

I have oily skin too so now I'm considering the one you mentioned. Too many choices :)

Smashbox primer is great too, I've used the oily skin one before. It feels silky on your skin rather than greasy, as does the Benefit. I'm sure if you asked someone on the Dior counter they'll be able to help you find the Dior one either :)

The only primer I've ever not liked was GOSH, it feels greasy too. Primer is worth spending that bit more on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Finally bought one of the Kate Moss lipsticks in shade 101, loving it so far!(pic from sunday girl)
    Kate+Moss+Matte+Lipstick+in+101+Review+Swatch+Swatches+MAC+Snob+Dupe.JPG

Tried the Nars powder for the first time today, very unsure...could go either way.....:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Twee. wrote: »
    Picked up Rimmel's new lip product Apocalips (lol) in Celestial this morning. It was €5.95 in Penney's. Pretty impressed with it. Lovely colour and lasted very well. Not drying so far. Might pick up the red shade too!

I picked these in Apocaliptic (the bright pink one) and Big Bang (the red one) and I love them. Very opaque, and shiny! Only thing I really dislike about them is the smell. It has a strong watermelon-esque smell and it turns my stomach. Dunno why they felt that was necessary :mad:
    Finally bought one of the Kate Moss lipsticks in shade 101, loving it so far!

I bought a few of these. Love them. So much so, in fact, that I accidentally bought two of shade 101. Having forgotten I bought one in the first place, I did the "oooo that's a lovely colour, I must buy it!" and didn't cop on till I got home and realised I'd already bought it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Twee. wrote: »
    I don't love the foundation brush..
    +1 Out of the 2 sets (eyes and face) i have the only brush i dislike is the foundation brush too. I use a sponge and the buffing brush and i love it.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I bought a few of these. Love them. So much so, in fact, that I accidentally bought two of shade 101. Having forgotten I bought one in the first place, I did the "oooo that's a lovely colour, I must buy it!" and didn't cop on till I got home and realised I'd already bought it :rolleyes:

I've done that before with Revlon's lip butters, think it happens to all makeup addicts at one point or another:D

Anyone know of any websites you can buy sigma brushes in Ireland/EU? And any idea how much real techniques brushes are in Ireland?

Anyone know of any websites you can buy sigma brushes in Ireland/EU? And any idea how much real techniques brushes are in Ireland?

Cloud10Beauty is where I always order my Sigma and Real Techniques from and they're great and Irish!

Cloud10Beauty is where I always order my Sigma and Real Techniques from and they're great and Irish!

Thanks so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I absolutely LOVE Rimmel Apocalips! I have four of them and I think they're amazing!

second74 wrote: »
    lindtee what site did you buy that stuff from

From onlinemakeupstore on Amazon. Flat p&p of £3.50 to Ireland. They were out of stock for a week or so but have gotten more in. Fantastic value and prices are even lower than they were when I stocked up. Best to stock up quickly as likely to sell out soon.

Update on the Nars powder - I used it as my full face powder yesterday and kinda hated it, I'm used to Lush and their Emotional Brilliance powder which actually makes your skin look better and soft focus and this seemed to do nothing but look powdery and thin on my face!

However I reread Temptalia's post and her opinion of using it as a finishing powder over regular powder so I applied my Lush powder, my sweep of Guerlain Meteorites and then tried this and it looked really good! Will keep going this weekend and report back next week on a verdict!

By the way Happy Easter girls!! Have a great weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just a +1 for Cloud10Beauty. Always had excellent service from them. Ordered last Sunday and had my item by Tuesday.

Dainty Doll stuff now on Carapharmacy, some of the prices are lower than Amazons/ The mineral foundation is only €2 :eek: Lipsticks are only €1.50 Sadly none of the liquid foundation. http://www.carapharmacy.com/cat/dainty_doll Resisting buying more!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Quinevere, I've now tried Cocoa Brown and OMG cannot recommend it highly enough! I just put it on for the hour as I am *very* pale and it just gave a very light sunkissed look. I'm going to try it again soon for a bit longer. My legs are very dry so obviously I gave a good exfoliation in advance but it hasn't dried my legs out at all. (I did it yesterday morning but have waited to see how my skin would react!)

Thank you cocoa brown is the best recommendation I've ever had !!! Can't believe how easy it is to use and how natural it is ... thank you all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Glad to hear the great reviews! I am pale myself but hate the dirty look that some fake tans give! Does cocoa brown have a fake tan smell and is it expensive?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

Make-up forever has a HD foundation range that is simply amazing!!!! it's pretty expensive though so I my second best is revlon photo ready foundation. I love it so much!

Rimmels lasting finish 'pink blush' lipstick is my all time favourite lipstick. it stays on for a long time, even after drinking and it also smells lovely :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Glad to hear the great reviews! I am pale myself but hate the dirty look that some fake tans give! Does cocoa brown have a fake tan smell and is it expensive?? :)

No fake tan smell and its €7.99. They've also just got a contract to be stocked in Penneys so that makes it very widely available!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

lindtee wrote: »
    Dainty Doll stuff now on Carapharmacy, some of the prices are lower than Amazons/ The mineral foundation is only €2 :eek: Lipsticks are only €1.50 Sadly none of the liquid foundation. http://www.carapharmacy.com/cat/dainty_doll Resisting buying more!

Just bought 5 blushes, 3 lipsticks & a few other bits for €22.50 including delivery!

Any recommendations for a brush for blending creamy concealers? And a brush for powder blushers?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Any recommendations for a brush for blending creamy concealers? And a brush for powder blushers?

The ecotools blush brush is great for powder blush

• Advertisement

E.L.F's small stipple brush is the best I found for concealer.

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/new/small-stipple-brush/invt/84025/

I love elf's brushes, they are super cheap and are almost as good as my MAC brushes, some are even better.

Advertisement