Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I just got the new dior mascara after reading about it on really ree's blog.

http://www.reallyree.com/2012/01/diorshow-new-look-mascara-its-love.html

Its absolutely fabulous!!! I have benefits they're real too and i find this better! They're real makes my eyelashes super dry, but they don't go so 'hard' with this dior one. There is some sort of skincare/lash care stuff in this too. And theres wax the sa told me that pulls together split ends on lashes.

I already use diors lash serum under mascaras and find its hugely helped the length and strength of my lashes so i'm really pleased with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I got They're Real mascara in October and I did love it but it dried up so fast, in nearly two months it was impossible to use. I found that with Benefits Bad Gal mascara too so maybe its a common trait among Benefit mascaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I got They're Real mascara in October and I did love it but it dried up so fast, in nearly two months it was impossible to use. I found that with Benefits Bad Gal mascara too so maybe its a common trait among Benefit mascaras.

I hear this a lot about They're Real but I have to say I got mine when it was released and I am still using it without any complaints (I never go by the 3 month recommended use for mascara). Only recently have I thought that it might need to be replaced. My mascaras used to dry up pretty quickly but I stopped pumping the wand in to get more product, just twisted it around. That helps me a lot. It's a shame, though, that yours didn't last long considering how much it costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

(I never go by the 3 month recommended use for mascara).

If I went by all my 'sell by dates' for cosmetics, I wouldn't have any...I'd have to replace them way, way too often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I ordered a Z Palette the other day.. thought consolidating my eye shadows into one place would be handier for traveling & convenience. It's smaller than I thought it would be but it's also a lot sturdier feeling than I thought as well!

2vi2lif.jpg

I gouged a few when depotting them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Was in Boots today and got my hands on a long-awaited Real Techniques Stippling brush. It is dual fibre so should be good for a range of products. Will post again when I have used it for a couple of weeks and will give a verdict!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I recently bought Lipcote after I was completely wowed by it because of a friend. It is probably one of my favourite cosmetic purchases ever! Apparently it's been around for like 50 years but it's new to me :p
    It's basically a top coat for lipstick. It comes in a little clear bottle and, after you've applied your lipstick and let it dry, you brush it across your lips. It's amazing!! I wore it over red lipstick for my brother's 21st on Saturday and I reapplied once! There were no stains on any of my glasses either. The fact that it's less than €4 is just an added bonus :D LOVE

Bought the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil today. Will start using it a couple of nights a week. There are three oils in the range and this one is for dehydrated skin. The Clarins rep suggested I mix it with my serum rather than apply it first. She suggested putting it on in kind of palming motions with the palm of my hand. Found this a bit strange. My instinct would be to massage it in and use the 'tapping' motions for lymph drainage. Any beauty therapists have any ideas about this? Many thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Went mad today! I got the urban decay naked 2 in debenhams. Went to arnotts and made a beeline for the benefit counter. The sales girl informed me that there was a 'buy any 2 products, get a free blush and make up bag' on today! I am only a sucker for freebies so I got porefessional kit with mini erase paste and girl meets pearl. And cream eye shadow in honey bunny which is a lovely nude base colour. Then I got Bella la bamba blush and a bag!

Is it sad I want to get up early tomorrow to try them out before I get ready for work? So excited :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Went mad today! I got the urban decay naked 2 in debenhams. Went to arnotts and made a beeline for the benefit counter. The sales girl informed me that there was a 'buy any 2 products, get a free blush and make up bag' on today! I am only a sucker for freebies so I got porefessional kit with mini erase paste and girl meets pearl. And cream eye shadow in honey bunny which is a lovely nude base colour. Then I got Bella la bamba blush and a bag!

Is it sad I want to get up early tomorrow to try them out before I get ready for work? So excited :-D

I am very jealous :o is the offer only on for the day do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

I got a Smashbox makeover in Belfast a few weeks ago and finally bit the bullet and picked up some of the products in Newry on Saturday - shocked at how much I spent but I'm confident the stuff will last for ages. I got the Photo Finish primer (green), High Definition Healthy FX foundation and Halo powder. I've experimented for a few days and am very pleased with my investment - it doesn't look caked on at all, which is what I was most concerned about with liquid foundation, and has much more staying power than my Bare Minerals foundation. I also indulged in a Mac 187 brush and I love it - so soft and it really does create that 'airbrushed' look, even in my inexperienced hands. Very chuffed. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

8797814030366.jpg

Bought this online today, can't wait to try!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

As far as I know gingernut it was only for yesterday but the blushers are ex testers and they have a load of them so it'd be no harm asking if you're buying some.

Even though mine is ex tester it wasn't used at all by the looks of it. Forgot how good blusher was at making me look more alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

My tutor in the make up course says this powder is as good as Mac or any other so bought it
    rmloosepd.jpg

Also best concealer ever, kicked my new Mac Mineralize Concealer in the bum
    lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg

Cos158_6.jpg

Also got this very kindly to review and am loving it!!
    liz-earle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

tomissex wrote: »
    I recently bought Lipcote after I was completely wowed by it because of a friend. It is probably one of my favourite cosmetic purchases ever! Apparently it's been around for like 50 years but it's new to me :p
    It's basically a top coat for lipstick. It comes in a little clear bottle and, after you've applied your lipstick and let it dry, you brush it across your lips. It's amazing!! I wore it over red lipstick for my brother's 21st on Saturday and I reapplied once! There were no stains on any of my glasses either. The fact that it's less than €4 is just an added bonus :D LOVE

I must try this! I wear red lipstick a lot and often it disappears in the middle of my lips so needs constant touch up's. :(
    Megglz wrote: »

Bought this online today, can't wait to try!

Wow! Hello Flawless was the first foundation I ever used! My mam bought it for me when I was 17. :) Then it went away and I was sad so I have got to try this out!
    SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Also best concealer ever, kicked my new Mac Mineralize Concealer in the bum
    lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg

I swear by this concealer, it's so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection is amazing!! Along with the Inglot green one, I think I've found my concealer heaven :P

Novella wrote: »

I swear by this concealer, it's so good!
    Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection is amazing!! Along with the Inglot green one, I think I've found my concealer heaven :P

It's so great to find the right product, then when you find out it's cheap it's completely amazing!

Do you use the green Inglot one underneath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's so great to find the right product, then when you find out it's cheap it's completely amazing!

Do you use the green Inglot one underneath?
    It really is!! No, I use the Inglot one on my chin as it tends to be very red there. You only need the tiniest amount and it covers it :) Although the Collection 2000 one actually works pretty well for covering the redness too.

It really is!! No, I use the Inglot one on my chin as it tends to be very red there. You only need the tiniest amount and it covers it :) Although the Collection 2000 one actually works pretty well for covering the redness too.

Excellent! I haven't got my colour correctors for class but am looking at this palette, Pixiwoo always rave about it and looks amazing for sculpting and concealing, once it's back in stock I'm ordering!

photo-2253.JPG

Excellent! I haven't got my colour correctors for class but am looking at this palette, Pixiwoo always rave about it and looks amazing for sculpting and concealing, once it's back in stock I'm ordering!

photo-2253.JPG
    Yes I have seen them using this palette, especially the grey/taupe colour for shading. Where do you order it from?

• Advertisement

Great site for MUA's or make up addicts and you can purchase the palette there:)

http://www.preciousaboutmakeup.com/makeup/maq_pro

Thanks a million SmokeyEyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Relieved in a way to see others reporting how benefit mascaras seem to dry up quick; got Theyre Real just after Xmas and think its pretty much gone at this stage; honestly didn't find it as good after the first few times but overall the best I gave used lengthening wise for certain !

Big fan of collection 2000 concealer thanks to recommendations here!

Also bought Lee Staffords Hair Growth treatment.. Pricey and a bit meh.. Smells fab tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Girls, does the Collection 2000 concealer work as an good concealer for under the eyes or is it more suitable for covering spots/blemishes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Girls, does the Collection 2000 concealer work as an good concealer for under the eyes or is it more suitable for covering spots/blemishes?

I think its more of a blemish concealer, but I use it under my eyes and I really like it.

I use it under my eyes and it really does brighten them, just keep the area moisturised and it will wear really well!

It is good for both. Has good staying power. Just be sure you get the correct shade.

I mostly use it around my eyes and I find it fine. I don't have darkness under my eyes, I have darkness at the corners of my eyes so that's what I use it to conceal and it works perfectly. I have used it on blemishes too so it's a multi-tasker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Just had a visit from my Mom there, she's 47 in April. Her skin looked fantastic, alot of the wrinkles around her eyes are gone. I asked her what she's using. Apparently Clarins Beauty Flash Balm- it actually made her look five years younger. So payday on Friday, I know whats gonna be the first new edition to my makeup box! :)

• Advertisement

Essence-Nail-Polish-Remover-nail-hardening.jpg

Rubbish. To be blunt about it!

I picked this up 'cause it was at the till in Penneys and seeing it reminded me that I was almost out of nail varnish remover. This is so crap though. And the smell, oh god, the smell. Yeah, I hate it. Cheap, but I'd rather splash the extra euro or two for Cutex.

Advertisement