Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

porefessional.jpg

Really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow!

Do report back!! I've been dying to know coz my pores are really bad, how much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Do report back!! I've been dying to know coz my pores are really bad, how much was it?

I use it all the time, love it :) really covers up the pores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I had not bought anything in a while so I went on a bit of a binge last week!

Moroccan Oil shampoo & Conditioner. I got the volumising one as they didn’t have the normal one. I found the shampoo alone a little drying on the ends but when I got the conditioner and used it with it and it was way better, the conditioner is lovely. It makes my hair nice and shiny and not greasy which is always a bonus for me. Is it worth 19 euro a bottle – hmmm I am not sure because in a way yes as my hair looks nice for longer but it is very expensive! I also didn’t notice a huge volume change but then I have very long hair that even with layers in it and backcombing and products seems to fall flat once cold air hits it! Also my head has started to itch and if it transpires the shampoo I spent 19 euro on is causing it I will crack up!

I picked up Joico K Pak for fine hair a while back and its brilliant stuff. You get a big bottle that will last ages. You spray this on wet hair and blow dry in. I haven’t cut my hair in ages and the ends were dry from me bleaching and dip dying them but after applying this product a few times my hair looks so much healthier – its actually saving me money as I didn’t need to get it trimmed

I have been using redken Cat for the past few weeks as well. I’ve used it before and its brill. I much prefer it to anti snap as it doesn’t coat the hair or make it greasy. You spray into shampooed hair and wash out it makes your hair feel so strong!

I bought He Shi tanning product at the weekend as I saw a great review in a magazine. I’d an event to go to and my st tropez had run out. This stuff is brilliant! I got the tanning liquid it’s the brown bottle. I thought oh god the bottle is small but a little goes a long long way and it brought up a gorgeous golden brown tan on me. I find with st tropez and other tanners that it doesn’t work on my chest but this does and it didn’r require washing off before it looked okay either.

I picked up max factor miracle touch foundation in boots. I’d tried the sample and loved it and having used this for a few days its just fab. I have pale but sallow skin and it is hard to get a shade that doesn’t make me look ghostly or yellow but the golden shade in this is a perfect match for me. I also have slightly dry skin and what I loved about this was that it didn’t dry my skin out of settle into creases. It was three for two so I bought one nail varnish and got one free. I am so not impressed with the varnish though – it’s a navy one I have on now and its watery to apply, had a dull colour and no depth. I have yet to try the pink one but I don’t have high hopes for it

Got balance active youth serum in TK max a few weeks ago and have ordered more online. It’s a liquid you apply before moisturoiser and its brilliant! My skin is normally dry from the AC in work but it looks so much better now that I am using this. Its very inexpensive as well which is brill.

Oh and a while ago I got the umberto giannini shampoo the volume one as it was recommended by a poster on here. It makes your hair lovely but unfortunately makes my scalp really itchy so I hadto stop using it!

booboo88 wrote: »
    I use it all the time, love it :) really covers up the pores

Used this today, loving it so far! I also have the Clinique Instant Pore Perfector which is similar but found it a bit too drying, this is more primer like and covers pores but leaves your skin silky smooth, perfect for putting on your foundation/bb cream etc.!

I got this for free to review but think it retails around €33?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I bought He Shi tanning product at the weekend

Where did you get it? Haven't seen it anywhere and my mum used to get it off beautician but she has closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

you can get it in house of fraser dundrum. They do a lot of those beautician brands

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Bought 'Ojon' damage reverse Restorative Hair Treatment last week in Arnotts. Cost approx 39 Euros. For dry/damaged hair. Basically it is a hard wax like product which you warm in your hands and it then becomes an oil which you massage into scalp and hair. Leave for 20 mins or all night if you want. Smell is a little off-putting; a bit like being in a coffee shop. I used it on Saturday and my hair was really soft and smooth. But the real result was today when I re-washed my hair and I can honestly say I have never seen it look so good. Supposed to be used weekly. Might use it fortnightly as it is so expensive. But definitely a superb product for those with damaged/dry hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Tried to post this yesterday but it went horribly wrong on my phone!

Bought quite a few thing lately, first skin care, two no7 cleansers:
    10134566?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

I don't really like it, it's grand for getting off makeup but its a bit drying, really need to use a different cleanser afterward!
    This too, I'm not sure if it's different to the original, its taking my makeup off much better but I've switched foundation so who knows, anyway it's the new beautful skin hot cloth cleanser:
    http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser_1245026/

Got this quad, a little more powery then I thought but very handy for work
    Soap-Glory-Lid-Stuff-eyeshadow-Whats-the-nude.jpg

Two of these concealers because I liked the first so much after one day:
    lasting+perfection+concealer.jpg

Really like this foundation, its amazing, its not exactly long lasting but it doesnt go patchy or orange, if I powder at lunch in looks amazing for the whole day
    rimmel1.jpg

And I got myself a foundation for going out, so far I love it!!
    IMG_3664.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got the he Shi in Millie's www.millies.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this in Penneys today for €2.50

018-448x600.jpg

Photo from Dolly Rouge

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Got this in Penneys today for €2.50

018-448x600.jpg

Photo from Dolly Rouge

Have you tried it yet? Is it any good?

Got these in the post today, they're hypoallergenic and for sensitive skin so looking for to seeing if these are worth the price!

eye_perri.jpg

hypoall-moisturizer-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ive tried it, its not bad and gave a lovely shine on my hair. Must pick up another bottle (its very small) the next time im in. Ive quite thick hair so i flew through the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I haven't used it yet, will probably be the weekend before I use it, I will report back here after I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ive tried it, its not bad and gave a lovely shine on my hair. Must pick up another bottle (its very small) the next time im in. Ive quite thick hair so i flew through the bottle.

I got some last weekend as well and have been using it ever since. I find the smell a little off putting but I love the way it tames my curly and frizzy hair and makes it soft. I will get more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I used the Macadamia Oil treatment from Boots and thought it was really nice. Comes in a single use tube, was about €2 I think. Felt it made my hair very shiney, and loads of people in college complimented my hair when I used it, success! I only used it once, didn't notice any long lasting effects but for the price it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Think I'm going to try that argan oil stuff from Penneys now too!

I got the nicest powder brush on Monday. It's from Twelve by Kent, and it was 12 (:pac:) euro in a local chemist. I had a voucher so it wasn't breaking my ban :p The brush is seriously soft, and applies powder very well to the face. I noticed that my face didn't get shiny as quickly as it usually does either after using this to apply my MAC MSFN (my face usually needs a reapplication by the afternoon, but it didn't that day). Not sure if it was the brush, but I didn't do anything else different routine wise/wear different makeup that day, so I'm kinda assuming!

511028-0053_1?$ProductLarge$

Also, Boots are going to be selling the Real Techniques Samantha Chapman brushes in a few weeks! Looking forward to trying them out at some stage, I've heard some very good things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 breadhead

Got the free Soap and Glory mascara with Elle this month.
    Anyone tried this? Just bought for the mascara really.
    Looking forward to seeing if its any good- will get back with freebie update :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Absolutely delighted to hear Real Techniques brushes will be available in Boots soon. I enter their Friday Facebook competition for brushes every week but alas to no avail! They seem to be a good all round set of brushes which don't break the bank to purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I was intrigued by the Benefit porefessional so I ordered this set from Asos. Was £23, out of stock now though. Was the same price as the porefessional alone so it was a no brainer really! Looking forward to trying it as I hate having big pores:(
    POREfessionally-Pretty.png
    Available on Debenhams for €33.50 http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901994799_-1?lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online=Y/$s=porefessional

lindtee wrote: »
    I was intrigued by the Benefit porefessional so I ordered this set from Asos. Was £23, out of stock now though. Was the same price as the porefessional alone so it was a no brainer really! Looking forward to trying it as I hate having big pores:(
    POREfessionally-Pretty.png
    Available on Debenhams for €33.50 http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901994799_-1?lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online=Y/$s=porefessional

i think they're miniatures though.. i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

booboo88 wrote: »
    i think they're miniatures though.. i could be wrong
    No I double and triple checked accross a load of sites before I ordered and zoomed in on one of the pictures on Asos to make sure, The porefessional is the full size the other 2 are miniatures!

Maybe its different to the one thats in debenhams, cuz the erase paste looks tiny

click

the erase paste and girl meets pearl are the minis :S

That's a cute set, loving Porefessional, really helps pores, I can still see mine right up close but it really does help!

I did an almighty shop today in preparation for make up course starting next Saturday, feel sick I spent so much! Mixed a few expensive products with cheaper brands I love. Here it is in all it's glory though, sorry for the horrendously large post, thought you may like a looky!

Rimmel Lipliner in Addiction and Revlon Colourstay Lipliner in Red

revlon-colorstay-lip-liner-sienna-1298-p.jpg

Got this is three shades, really like it, gives nice coverage but is dewy and fresh at the same time
    Foundation-Bourjois-Healthy-Mix.jpg

Got two shades of concealer too
    healthy_mix_concealer.jpg

Had to get a brown mascara as I already have a black, this was the only one I could find in boots today!
    379,http+_f3.yahoofs.com_ymg_marieclaire__27_marieclaire-797565713-1201583253.jpg+ymWiE1.C5YOWZcAB.jpg

Black and Brown eyeliners, will get the Mac ones when I eventually get a Pro Card!
    96492843-260x260-0-0_Revlon+Revlon+ColorStay+Eyeliner+Pencil+Charcoal+2.jpg
    300.jpg

Love this!
    glow-all-out.jpg

Soap and Glory and Rimmel Lipsticks!
    13.1.2012-Soap-Glory-Red-My-Lips.jpg
    rimmel-lasting-finish-lipstick-birthday-suit_13909_500.jpg

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, great product!
    maybelline-eye-studio-lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner.jpg

Also got a clear lip gloss, eyelash glue, two Revlon Blushers, individual lashes, strips lashes and Inglot ones like the ones below!
    greed3.jpg

Expensive purchases were the ones below but totally worth it!
    2512463970_b73e9c0dc0.jpg
    shu-uemura-face-care-28g-0-98oz-face-powder-matte-colorless-women.jpg
    urban-decay-naked2-palette.jpg
    ing4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ Ooh, what's the brush set?!

Novella wrote: »
    ^ Ooh, what's the brush set?!

It's Inglot, their synthetic brush set as I didn't want animal hair ones!

Got a 20% discount but still really expensive, hopefully will last forever though:)

I'll be using all of the make up:) For clients too though if I do well in my course!

Bought Mac Mineralize Concealer today just for me, really like it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Giving this a try! Not bad for €10 in Boots

Currently on Day 2

im_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Giving this a try! Not bad for €10 in Boots

Currently on Day 2

im_1.jpg

Oooh let us know how it goes, I'd looove to have my teeth whitened!

Just bought this today, twas a little pricey for a pressed powder so hopefully it's decent!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I just tried out the MAC live chat feature, and it was great! http://www.maccosmetics.com/index.tmpl You'll see the link there on the bottom left.

You just tell the chatter what you want and they recommend stuff. You can then email yourself the transcript. Here's mine:
    info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. Your personal Makeup Artist will be with you shortly.
    info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Lisa. How may I assist you?
    ****: Hi, I'm looking for a colour eye shadow, I have loads of creams/nudes/browns but would love to branch out
    Lisa: Hello ****.
    Lisa: I am happy to assist.
    ****: My problem is that I am very pale with red hair, pinks/strong purples don't do a lot for me
    Lisa: Would you want to try a more orange/bronzed look?
    ****: Bronze sounds like a good one! Orange I think would look a bit much with my hair
    Lisa: It would not be too vibrant at all. Would you like me to put together a look for you?
    ****: What a service! Yes please
    Lisa: My pleasure!
    Lisa: Do you mind a little shimmer?
    ****: Nope, shimmer is good
    Lisa: Perfect!
    Lisa: Please hold one moment while I put together a look for you. Thank you for your patience.
    ****: Brilliant, thank you
    Lisa: Apply Bare Study Paint Pot to your eyelids with MAC Brush #217 as a base.
    Lisa: Layer Honey Lust Eye Shadow on top of your lid, no higher than the crease, using MAC Brush #252.
    Lisa: Next, blend Soft Brown Eye Shadow in the crease with MAC Brush #224.
    Lisa: Add a bit of depth to the crease by adding a bit of Embark Eye Shadow to very outer corners, with your MAC Brush #224.
    Lisa: Line your eyes with Embark Eye Shadow using the MAC Brush #266.
    Lisa: Finish with two coats of False Lashes Mascara.
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ******* at the end of your chat.
    ****: Thanks so much for your help. Really great service and advice.

Advertisement