Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv5qLv85yxfqwElvsyCFCSgk8nitLNtPHa3uEkgTAk67oCKWZK

This arrived today by courier :D Cannot wait to have a play with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

So Jealous of all the 75% Boots off hauls:( What I got isn't even worth posting to be honest! Was in college Wednesday morning so missed out. Most of the Cork stores have little or nothing left.
    Did get No.7 Beautiful Skin BB cream with the €7.50 voucher, worked out at about €8.50
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT9ZnFscrXtOFPqS7y7L6kh-mgv3Sr9U1_tzLIQuWTm6Pf0moO
    And a No 7 exfoliator with another €7.50 voucher
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYRr-0TIu5e160UXmnLFv_ITG4oUIoLNl_Qeo5dDrX7F6Ftj04
    Waiting on an elf order including the flawless finish foundation, day to night beauty on the go, make up mist and set and some other things that I can't remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

lindtee wrote: »
    So Jealous of all the 75% Boots off hauls:( What I got isn't even worth posting to be honest! Was in college Wednesday morning so missed out. Most of the Cork stores have little or nothing left.
    Did get No.7 Beautiful Skin BB cream with the €7.50 voucher, worked out at about €8.50

And a No 7 exfoliator with another €7.50 voucher

Waiting on an elf order including the flawless finish foundation, day to night beauty on the go, make up mist and set and some other things that I can't remember!
    I know I was in work I was in work til 8. But I did get a few hello kitty sets, and the fearne cotton bag(alot of stuff was missing from it so they just sold me the bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I was in Boots Liffey Valley today - there is feck all left with 75% off and most of what's left has been pulled apart by customers. All I got was two bowls for my dogs. :o They were €10 odd reduced to €3 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 atmmusa

Had a great time in Boots with the mammy :D

Got another one of these sets :pac: :o Love this stuff <3 It smells so nice, kinda like cinnamon mmmm. :D

Sanctuary Deluxe Collection

Lipsy Daytime Doll Palette - €2.68 :D

Front Cover Blue Eyed Girl set - €4 :D

Front Cover Top Drawer Pencil Collection - €5.37

Mammies bits :D

Boots mini butter collection - around €3

wow, which Boots was that in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I finally got the No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser and it's gorgeous! Really, really liking it. Just need to get some extra muslin cloths and I'll be away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

atmmusa wrote: »
    wow, which Boots was that in?
    Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm in the States for work, and I found a cosmetic store selling lots of clearance lines from big brands. As I'm a MAC fan, I couldn't resist.

All the following photos are taken from the fantastic Temptalia blog.

Mega Metal eyeshadows in Dalliance & Spectacle of Yourself ($13.75 each).

mac_dalliance002.jpg

mac_spectacleofyourself002.jpg

Limited edition, regular sized eyeshadow "Humid" for $10.25 from last year's "To the Beach" collection.

review_tothebeach022.jpg

Naked Honey hand & body cream (from the Naked Honey collection) for $18

mediahp_nakedhoney010.jpg

And finally, from the Wonder Woman collection - Lady Justice eyeshadow quad ($28) and Obey Me nail polish ($10.50).

mac_valiant003.jpg

mac_ladyjustice002.jpg

mac_wonderwomannails004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Bought the Garnier Blemish Balm Cream "Light" today. Tried it out and have to say I think it's great. It's not a full face of make up but it really evened out my skin tone (I have very pale skin which can be quite pink in places, my chin and around my nose) and it gave me a nice glow.

Bought an Aapri scrub. Tried it out and also very happy with it. It has extract of apricot in it so smells lovely.

Bought a few other bits. Bought Gosh foundation in Porcelain and it's a great skin tone match for me.

Bought all of the above in Shaws and got 20% off the make up I bought and the BB cream was only a tenner, think it's around €14 in most other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Socked up on some LUSH soap (50% off) the other day. Ice blue and snowcake. Both soaps are gorgeous smelling and leave my hand feeling so soft!! Unfortunately being discontinued :(

Also picked up their Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. Been using it for a few days now and have to say im really impressed! I'm due my period, so my skin is at that crappy stage, but in a few days its really drawing the impurities out and has my skin tone looking much more even and feeling a lot softer in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

hacked wrote: »
    Socked up on some LUSH soap (50% off) the other day. Ice blue and snowcake. Both soaps are gorgeous smelling and leave my hand feeling so soft!! Unfortunately being discontinued :(

Also picked up their Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. Been using it for a few days now and have to say im really impressed! I'm due my period, so my skin is at that crappy stage, but in a few days its really drawing the impurities out and has my skin tone looking much more even and feeling a lot softer in general.

I totally agree about the Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser, it's amazing but not too abrasive that it irritates your skin, fab stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Anniversay-sale-048-300x199.jpg Bobbi Brown lipstick in Brownie

Got this as a little present for my mom as she has been looking for a new shade of lipstick to suit her better than whatever drugstore brand she has at the moment. It looks really good on her (and me, too lol I tried it on this morning).

Was lucky enough to get some lovely bits from ARTDECO's new collection including these

dscn0305.jpg?w=490&h=443

dscn0302.jpg?w=490&h=367

dscn0300.jpg?w=490&h=296

dscn0288.jpg?w=510&h=316

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got 2 foaming cleansers with 2 no 7 vouchers and have to say that it makes my skin feel lovely after using it. I highly recommend it and the reviews are great on the website. http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Gentle-Foaming-Cleanser_870561/
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoc46uBiDhvJ1zw5tCjztlAPnSC92eFYjLTBiI_d4EZ4pvxp7e
    Sales assistant told me some things including this and the face wipes are being finished with new (but apparently the same with different packaging) versions coming out soon. I hope that doesn't mean that they will be more expensive:( This worked out at about €3.45 with the voucher which is great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

New favourite foundation:

http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Face/Foundation/ColorStay-Makeup-with-SoftFlex-for-Combination-Oily-Skin.aspx

It actually stays put on my face all day and covers all but the worst spots. It's running out fast, but I guess that's a good sign :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

got this a few months ago it its pretty pigmented around 6 euro

http://www.flormar.com/English/urungoster.asp?urunid=154&bolumid=11&markaid=15

, also got this lipstick num L23 and lipgloss there so bright and pretty around 6 euro each

http://www.flormar.com/English/urungoster.asp?urunid=153&bolumid=3&markaid=9

http://www.flormar.com/English/urungoster.asp?urunid=171&bolumid=3&markaid=10

the packaging is very off putting and makes it look rally cheap make up ud see in a pound shop but that is not the case.

iv got 3 no 7 vouchers any ideas on what to get , anybody used there blush blush i seen it in the make over stand liked the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

tanya2007 wrote: »
    got this a few months ago it its pretty pigmented around 6 euro

http://www.flormar.com/English/urungoster.asp?urunid=154&bolumid=11&markaid=15

, also got this lipstick num L23 and lipgloss there so bright and pretty around 6 euro each

http://www.flormar.com/English/urungoster.asp?urunid=153&bolumid=3&markaid=9

http://www.flormar.com/English/urungoster.asp?urunid=171&bolumid=3&markaid=10

the packaging is very off putting and makes it look rally cheap make up ud see in a pound shop but that is not the case.

iv got 3 no 7 vouchers any ideas on what to get , anybody used there blush blush i seen it in the make over stand liked the look of it.
    will have to give that brand a look!
    you should go on the UK boots site theyve all the brushes rates there. I got the new no7 melting gel cleanser and the new no7 hot cloth cleanser, not sure on gel cleanser yet, but the hot cloth cleanser seems better then befote much creamier!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Bought a bobbi brown foundation and under-eye concealer yesterday. It's my first experience with the brand and I'm very impressed! The girl helping me really took the time to properly colour match the right foundation, showed me to the mirror after every step of application (I have pretty bad dark circles so there were 3 or 4 steps here!) and remained incredibly friendly even though it was rush hour and BT was jampacked, they were rushed off their feet but stayed professional. Plus now I have decent coverage foundation which isn't yellow/orange! Any of the paler girls out there should give it a try :)

Really makes a difference to my experience with other brands in BT where a colour was slapped on my face without any input from me. When I said I thought it was too dark I was told "ah, but it'll adapt to your skin tone in less than an hour". Magic foundation exists, apparently, but I guess the one they tried on me was faulty :p

jokettle wrote: »

Really makes a difference to my experience with other brands in BT where a colour was slapped on my face without any input from me. When I said I thought it was too dark I was told "ah, but it'll adapt to your skin tone in less than an hour". Magic foundation exists, apparently, but I guess the one they tried on me was faulty :p

Haha I fell for it at Benefit "Hmm only three shades to choose from?" "Oh yes, the light one will be perfect for you!"

Unfortunately that was my expensive lesson in always get samples! One (or three!) shade does not fit all :rolleyes:

I'm saving my last Christmas voucher for foundation, my MAC is going to run out fast. I'm going to get some samples from Bobbi Brown and Nars. Have used BB before and had a sample of Nars, they were both lovely! The Nars guy in NY got excited because he didn't think he'd ever used the palest shade of foundation on anyone before! Ah, nice guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Twee. wrote: »
    Haha I fell for it at Benefit "Hmm only three shades to choose from?" "Oh yes, the light one will be perfect for you!"

Unfortunately that was my expensive lesson in always get samples! One (or three!) shade does not fit all :rolleyes:

I'm saving my last Christmas voucher for foundation, my MAC is going to run out fast. I'm going to get some samples from Bobbi Brown and Nars. Have used BB before and had a sample of Nars, they were both lovely! The Nars guy in NY got excited because he didn't think he'd ever used the palest shade of foundation on anyone before! Ah, nice guy!
    This part made me laugh.... god bless us pasty irish :)
    Im milk bottle aswell but what Im told is i should go a shade darker...and blend into my neck. what i dont understand is my neck is pale aswell...
    or maybe Im a wee bit thick but I just want make up to cover up the fact Ive a few blemishes, not the fact I'm pale...Being pale isnt a problem for me...
    thats what blusher is for.

• Advertisement

It was MAC where I had the "slap it on, it'll be grand!" experience! I also though it was interesting that the bobbi brown stuff is the palest I've ever owned, but the girl told me they have at least 2 lighter shades in their collection! Maybe I'm not the whitest white girl out there ;)

I've also been asked did I want my foundation to blend in with my neck or have a darker shade??

I find most of the palest shades are just a little too dark, and I don't even consider myself that pale!

Was reading on beaut.ie that max factor have a really pale shade that was actually too pale for the girl writing, must take a look at it!!

jokettle wrote: »
    It was MAC where I had the "slap it on, it'll be grand!" experience! I also though it was interesting that the bobbi brown stuff is the palest I've ever owned, but the girl told me they have at least 2 lighter shades in their collection! Maybe I'm not the whitest white girl out there ;)

Is the concealed a nice pale shade and is it creamy or a little dry?:)

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Is the concealed a nice pale shade and is it creamy or a little dry?:)

It's a duo of creamy concealer and a powder to set it with. Perfectly pale enough for me! She also used a pink concealer first to balance the purple circles, I didn't buy it because it's very similar in shade to benefits erase paste which I have. Erase paste is a bit thicker though, but I'll use it up until its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I have to say I like going a shade slightly darker. I am quite pale but don't really have pink undertones to my skin so I find the lightest shade kinda makes my skin look flat. I like to think it gives me a 'healthy look' lol :-) I feel that my face picks up a bit of colour in the sun (even with my pale skin!) and is often a different colour to my neck anyway.
    I think I'll definitely give Bobbi Brown a try next time I'm buying foundation. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Looking for a recommendation on MAC face and body,..

Is it suitable for combination/oily skin (oily around nose) or will it just slide off mid day?

Are there any colours between NC15, and NC20?

I have quite red cheeks, will it cover/smooth these?

What is the price in BT?

I usually wear studio fix in nc20, which I have to blend in my neck a bit as it's a tad dark.
    Also I know I can ask the girls in BT but they always want you to go darker, and generally don't listen to skin type as long as they get the sale, in my experience..

Hey there,

Not sure about the foundation but if you make sure you get a good primer underneath that'll really help your foundation from sliding off!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pixie_dust

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Looking for a recommendation on MAC face and body,..

Is it suitable for combination/oily skin (oily around nose) or will it just slide off mid day?

Are there any colours between NC15, and NC20?

I have quite red cheeks, will it cover/smooth these?

What is the price in BT?

I usually wear studio fix in nc20, which I have to blend in my neck a bit as it's a tad dark.
    Also I know I can ask the girls in BT but they always want you to go darker, and generally don't listen to skin type as long as they get the sale, in my experience..

I'm like yourself in that I have pale skin and a sometimes oily t-zone area. I got the Mac studio sculpt fix foundation in nc15, and I wasn't a bit happy with it. It doesn't blend into my skin at all - just kind of sits on top and ends up getting cakey if I as much as perspire.

As far as I know, there is no shades in between nc15 and nc20. I suggest getting a sample from BT before buying. I funnily enough had the opposite experience in BT's, they didn't want me to go darker - even though I'm pretty sure I look like a ghost most of the time with the foundation on!
    As for price, it was around 33.00 the last time I got it.

I suggest going for Clinique's foundation for the redness, it's known to be very good. They also have a good website too where you can pick out a foundation to match your skin.

F&B is very light, water based. You'd need a good concealer for blemishes and red cheeks. If you don't want to use another product for the red cheeks I don't think the F&B will be enough by itself to cover it.

Try get into BT at a quiet time to discuss your options before buying. I really like the F&B and use a Mac concealer for extra coverage, so you might find a combination that works for you, or a whole different product. Currently I use Mac Studio Sculpt NC15.

Whenever I get foundation (any brand) I just say very slowly "I do not want a darker colour because I do not wear tan. Please match my face and neck!"

Mac don't give samples but bring your own empty tubs, you can get them in Boots. Just don't forget to label them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Recently purchased the Mac Pro longwear - really liking it so far.

Also paid a visit to the new cosmetics shop in the Georges St Arcade - Revlon Colorstay for 10.99 - brilliant.

Advertisement