Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Is the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation good for oily skin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Love the shades in this, is it Sleek?

yup, its their storm pallete. cloud 10 work out cheaper to order from then sleeks actual website!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

yup, its their storm pallete. cloud 10 work out cheaper to order from then sleeks actual website!

Ohhhh...I may be tempted by their original one. Are they as good as I've heard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I have the Sleek Original palette, it's very good :D The colours are extremely pigmented, soft and easy to blend. And it's pretty cheap too!

I ordered their Au Naturel palette yesterday :o Apparently most of the colours are matte, which is good as most of my browns etc are shimmery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

EmilyO wrote: »

I have an oily T-zone and I found it good. Had to blot it during the day and put on more powder. It didn't slide off my face though.
    It has a nice hint of shimmer to it and nice smell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

the wake me up foundation is lovely, but sadly not light enough for my skin tone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

booboo88 wrote: »
    the wake me up foundation is lovely, but sadly not light enough for my skin tone :(

Yeah it's the only down side, I'm too pale it just looks yellow! Apart from that great foundation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

EmilyO wrote: »

My skin is oily and I really liked it! I'm so surprised it's Rimmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Ohhhh...I may be tempted by their original one. Are they as good as I've heard?

I really like them, the sparkly ones aren't the best to blend but theyre so pigmented.
    I have the original, the storm is much more of an all rounder, the browns are really good for eyebrows. get both if you can cause they are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

really liking Benefit's new foundation, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow - very light and great coverage. Lasts all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Got a five circle pan in Inglot today, they are discontinuing the round shaddows so it was only €19.50 :)

Inglot.JPG

Matte 352, Matte 392, DS 502, Pearl 454, Matte 348

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up these M.A.C Brushes in Dublin Airport.

M·A·C 217 Blending Brush

M87L.jpg

M·A·C 219 Pencil Brush

M87X.jpg

M·A·C 275 - Medium Angled Shading Brush

http://www.maccosmetics.com/images/products/spp/M87W.jpg

Got this Smashbox brush in Debenhams on Oxford Street for £15.50

1093485.JPG

Got this in John Lewis

Bobbi Brown Ultra Nude Eye Palette

bobbi-brown-ultra-nude-eye-palette.jpg

Was given these Bobbi Brown items (concealer, foundation, two eye shadows as presents for my birthday).

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit

41AIGFpkQmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

E3TT_l.jpg

Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow - Gold Dust

Bobbi+Brown+Metallic+Eye+Shadow+Gold+Dust+1.jpg

Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow - Sandy Gold

bobbi+brown+sandy+gold+04+Long-Wear+Cream+Shadow+b.jpg

Bobbi Brown Lip Colour - Sandwash Pink - a lovely colour, not very pink IMO.

dsc01149qq.jpg

Got some samples of these

Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara x2 - Black

bobbi%252520brown%252520lash%252520glamour%252520extreme%252520lenghthening%252520mascara%25252C%252520by%252520bitsandtreats%25255B8%25255D.jpg

Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss - Crystal

Crystal-Lip-Gloss.jpg

Got this in John Lewis

Bare Minerals Glimmer Eyeshadow - Celestine - Such a beautiful colour.

P1040707.JPG

bare-escentuals-minerals-glimmer-shadow-57g-celestine-.jpg

These should be arriving in about a month - Bobbi Brown Oil free tinted moisturiser.

bobbibrown_oilfreetintedmoisturizer001.jpg

Bobbi Brown Blusher - Dessert Rose

NARS+oasis+and+Bobbi+Brown+Desert+rose.JPG

Got two items in John Lewis and got a free gift.

I asked for the Clinique All About Eyes Cream, but the lady gave me the anti-gravity cream and she gave me the wrong colour lip gloss too, I didn't realise until I got home to Ireland :(

Clinique Gravity Eye Cream

clq_64KM_250.jpg

Clinique Long Last Glosswear - Cabana Crush

longlastglosswearspf15c.jpg

The free gift had the following items in it,

Clinique Superbalm moisturising gloss 7ml - 09 Curant -

magazine6.jpg

haul005.jpg

Clinique High Impact Mascara 3.5ml - Black

High-Impact-Mascara.jpg

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus 7ml

Repairwear-Laser-Focus-Wrinkle-UV-Damage-Corrector-INTL-Ad-8-1-11-.jpg

Clinique turnaround smoothing body cream 50ml

Clinique_Turnaround-Body-body-smoothing-cream320.jpg

Clinique liquid facial soap mild 50ml

clinique2020liquid20fac.jpg

This is a pic of everything in the free gift, I can't find a pic of the palette on it's own.

d_201202_jl3.jpg

Miss Sporty Eye shadow - 112 Amber

Febuary+2012+013.JPG

misssporty.jpg

Natural Collection Clear Mascara

natural-collection-mascara.jpg

Aveeno Hand Cream

aveeno_hand_cream6461.jpg

Aveeno Positively Luminous Exfiolating body scrub

Pr_7942_or.jpg

VO5 Moisture Soak Elixer

1012317u.jpg

Vo5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil

MIRACLE+INTENSIVE+TREATMENT.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

:eek: I have to admit that I feel a bit lot envious looking at all those lovely things, The Lovely Muffin!!

I was trying to resist the temptation of buying two clinque things, but I think I might just do it now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Lovely Muffin What a haul! You'll have hours of endless fun playing with that lot. Is the Bobbi Brown palette mainly shimmer or matte? The colours look very wearable. Enjoy. :)

aristocat wrote: »
    Lovely Muffin What a haul! You'll have hours of endless fun playing with that lot. Is the Bobbi Brown palette mainly shimmer or matte? The colours look very wearable. Enjoy. :)
    The palette is lovely, it has a mix of shimmer and matte, I can't remember what colours are matte and aren't , I can check tomorrow though, as I haven't got my palette with me at the moment.

It was £39 GBP and well worth it. You get a lovely double ended brush too, which is very handy. The brush end for the shadow is very soft and fluffy and applies and blends shadows lovely, not as good for blending as the MAC 217, but not far off it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Picked up these M.A.C Brushes in Dublin Airport.

Wow that's a haul and a half I'm lusting after that Bobbi Brown palette, I'm addicted to neutral shades!:)

Hope you're gonna swatch for the blog, following you now via Bloglovin'

Heh thank you SmokeyEyes, I'm definitely gonna do swatches for the blog, will do them this week or next, prob this week though. Have used the palette twice since I got it, I love it. It's expensive, but so so worth it.

I found the palette in my bag, didn't think I had it with me, I'll tell you what colours are shimmery and which aren't.

Chino - Matte
    Praline - Light shimmer
    Pink Chandelier - Shimmery/metallic
    Stone - Matte
    Champagne Truffle - Light Shimmer
    Cocoa Berry - Light Shimmer

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Orlee wrote: »
    Got a five circle pan in Inglot today, they are discontinuing the round shaddows so it was only €19.50 :)

Inglot.JPG

Oh may have to pop into inglot and purchase one of these, I love inglot shadows

I bought the Collection 2000 colour match foundation and it is absolutely brilliant, I would highly recommend it.

Its supposed to adapt colour to your skin tone, I don't know about this but I chose light (No 2) and it is the perfect colour for my skin. It lasts all day, I usually use Estee Lauder DW and it beats this for staying power which is saying something. The only thing I noticed is they've only about 5 shades and they're all in lighter shades so maybe not great for darker skin tones unless it does adapt!

http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/face/foundation/colour-match-foundation.aspx

I also bought the lasting perfection collection 2000 concealer. It stung my under eyes something terrible to the point I had to scrub it off quickly. Although I've used it on other areas of my skin for blemishes with no problem. All the beauty gurus on youtube rave about it, it is good for 6euro but I do much prefer erase paste by Benefit.

http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/face/concealer/lasting-perfection-concealer.aspx

There was a three for two in Boots on Collection 2000 products so I bought the extreme 24 hour felt tip liner which is absolute rubbish, it is so dry that barely any product comes out and the nib is too small so its so difficult to control and get a proper line.

http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/eyes/eye-liner/extreme-24-hour-felt-tip-liner.aspx

Lastly I bought the the 17 cosmetics Beehive mirror shine lipstick. All the beauty gurus on youtube also rave about this, as they call it 'its like your lips but better'. It is nice, definitely a nice nude with a lovely shine but staying power isn't great.

http://www.boots.com/en/17-Mirror-Shine-On-Lipstick_1055081/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Orlee wrote: »

Inglot.JPG

Oh may have to pop into inglot and purchase one of these, I love inglot shadows

I bought the Collection 2000 colour match foundation and it is absolutely brilliant, I would highly recommend it.

Its supposed to adapt colour to your skin tone, I don't know about this but I chose light (No 2) and it is the perfect colour for my skin. It lasts all day, I usually use Estee Lauder DW and it beats this for staying power which is saying something. The only thing I noticed is they've only about 5 shades and they're all in lighter shades so maybe not great for darker skin tones unless it does adapt!

http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/face/foundation/colour-match-foundation.aspx

I also bought the lasting perfection collection 2000 concealer. It stung my under eyes something terrible to the point I had to scrub it off quickly. Although I've used it on other areas of my skin for blemishes with no problem. All the beauty gurus on youtube rave about it, it is good for 6euro but I do much prefer erase paste by Benefit.

http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/face/concealer/lasting-perfection-concealer.aspx

There was a three for two in Boots on Collection 2000 products so I bought the extreme 24 hour felt tip liner which is absolute rubbish, it is so dry that barely any product comes out and the nib is too small so its so difficult to control and get a proper line.

http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/eyes/eye-liner/extreme-24-hour-felt-tip-liner.aspx

Lastly I bought the 17 cosmetics Beehive mirror shine lipstick. All the beauty gurus on youtube also rave about this, as they call it 'its like your lips but better'. It is nice, definitely a nice nude with a lovely shine but staying power isn't great.

http://www.boots.com/en/17-Mirror-Shine-On-Lipstick_1055081/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

@ The Lovely Muffin

can you please tell me how much were the Mac brushes in Dublin airport ?
    Dad's going away this week might ask him to pick me up a thing or 2 if its much cheaper :):) thanks !

lovely muffin do you have any idea how much those things cost in bts? Im being suck in i LOVE that eye shadow pallet:o

gillapino wrote: »
    @ The Lovely Muffin

can you please tell me how much were the Mac brushes in Dublin airport ?
    Dad's going away this week might ask him to pick me up a thing or 2 if its much cheaper :):) thanks !
    I will get the the receipt in a little while and post the prices for you.

I have a link to a voucher where if you spend €50 or more you get ten euros off. I will PM you the link when I find it.
    booboo88 wrote: »
    lovely muffin do you have any idea how much those things cost in bts? Im being suck in i LOVE that eye shadow pallet:o
    I'll post the prices in a while, I think the palette is around €50 or €60 or €81 euros in BTs. I'm pretty sure this one is €50 or €60 though.

Here's the prices for the brushes in Dublin airport :) Don't know what price the palette is in the airport, I can't find the email with it :(

MAC 239 €24.35
    MAC 217 €18.25
    MAC 275 €24.35
    MAC 219 €22.35

The total is €89.30 so with the voucher it'll cost €79.30, not bad for M.A.C brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Achtung!

Taking advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 on skincare! I find the Boots cucumber face wash to be really good.. other ones tend to dry my face up completely. Got the Toner and Moisturiser aswell. Really good so far and cheap too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt8o3q6aOhRH14OIRWqDVAaIU18ZC3tMIcuaNCopfPNIpoU1w8

rfefrefer.jpg

10085496?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

cleanance-reg-lotion-40ml93025.jpg bought this moisturiser about a month ago and i LOVE it. my skin is oily and foundation never stays on but this seems to "suck" the shine up lol sorry for gross description. it smells gorgeous and its a lovely light serumy consistency. a little goes a long way. 16 euros which isn't too bad because i've spent a fortune on moisturisers from the luxury cosmetic brands before and this is way better! i might try the cleanser as well, use rose water as my toner. when i use it with estee lauder doublewear with powder on top my makeup lasts longer than it ever has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I love finishing up products so I have an excuse to purchase new things!
    LRIL322tube.png
    Lancome's Rouge in Love lipstick in Coral in Love. Probably the most expensive lipstick I will ever purchase but it's just so cute and the color is lovely for spring/summer.

new-concealers-touche-ecalt-l.jpg
    YSL Touche Eclat. I finally finished up my Benefit Erase Paste and I was looking for something not so cake-y and would suit my skin tone better and was recommended this. I actually got loads of compliments from wearing it to work, so I'm really happy with it.

Tarte-Natural-Beauty-Amazonian-Clay-Blush.jpg
    Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty. Loooove it. Really pigmented and stays on all day. Easy to blend. So glad I got this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Where did you get the Tarte blush didnt know you could get those here ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Where did you get the Tarte blush didnt know you could get those here ?

I got that one in a Sephora near me in the US, sorry! But I highly recommend it if anyone can get their hands on it. I'm visiting my boyfriend now in Ireland and am grabbing bits and bobs that I can't get in the US like Bourjois and Barry M!

Advertisement