Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Woohoo, new page. Pretty please don't put up huge photos, it's makes the ocd person in me very cross that posts go all funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Bought Footner exfoliating socks as my feet are a mess from neglect!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penzo16

Anyone have any experience with Estée Lauder double wear all day glow BB moisture makeup? I watched a tutorial of Zoellas lately where she used it and it looks like it gives a lovely glow to the skin.

I am going to a wedding abroad in a few weeks time and looking for something with good coverage but is also light on the skin, especially with the heat. I have a Lancôme tinted moisturiser which I do like, but I am looking to treat myself to something new. Also are counters in Debenhams good for samples?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Please update on how it goes, I really miss the plastic sock thingies that Penneys used to sell

• Advertisement

donna35 wrote: »
    Please update on how it goes, I really miss the plastic sock thingies that Penneys used to sell

Will do!

Did the treatment Saturday evening so hopefully should start seeing results soon

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

I've had a bit of a splurge the last couple of months:

Have bought:
    -Nars Sheer Glow in Punjabsearch?q=nars+sheer+glow+punjab&view=detailv2&&&id=3964C3B1E03E7844A1942F562DAE613380988E33&selectedIndex=2&ccid=FFs1%2bMwj&simid=608010663501236157&thid=JN.q2dxZiOsF5b1w1VmPrbeUg&ajaxhist=0
    -Nars blush in Desire
    search?q=nars+blush+desire&view=detailv2&&&id=DFE2E6DA5634365768D6BA1EC3DE9F8F3A02A2E1&selectedIndex=8&ccid=3ca5tfh7&simid=608050830044824163&thid=JN.IbA%2f%2ftVCYLrEf3T2A0pm2A&ajaxhist=0
    -Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette search?q=hourglass+ambient+lighting+palette&view=detailv2&&&id=AE003684ED1CFCA484B1C1C56EA2D7CD833058BF&selectedIndex=8&ccid=eMkiCsly&simid=608037270831893662&thid=JN.1eouIapr8zgkLZz0nTOaog&ajaxhist=0
    -Hourglass Eyebrow pencil search?q=hourglass+eyebrow+pencil&view=detailv2&&&id=D11E7BA22CCDDFF3C7375CD323BBC49BBE40797A&selectedIndex=2&ccid=72yl40lt&simid=608014589110128309&thid=JN.x6BtQAKa%2f7%2fmc0wxmxp9bw&ajaxhist=0
    -Urban Decay b6 complexion primer spraysearch?q=urban+decay+spray&view=detailv2&&&id=E6FC614DB3C5199F393496A18C8ACBF66598C5C6&selectedIndex=1&ccid=Y69ZEqZI&simid=607991542312666393&thid=JN.aFF8dop1YF8QxIee3RhtRg&ajaxhist=0
    -Urban Decay cooling and hydrating setting spraysearch?q=urban+decay+spray&view=detailv2&&&id=346528E02A7C88387638B245FB25B10E9411137E&selectedIndex=2&ccid=0ejJzn2m&simid=607991164357116193&thid=JN.7ktYRvdTI1upMnxcAUzTcg&ajaxhist=0
    -Mac Kinda Sexy lipsticksearch?q=mac+kinda+sexy&view=detailv2&&&id=986BEE6FE9EF1A0BAE15AECFF2022BA95B436234&selectedIndex=27&ccid=dFfC5pzi&simid=608005264732326995&thid=JN.Gxml1D1sC1h%2bKUy%2fUeFohw&ajaxhist=0
    -Mac Dervish lip linersearch?q=mac+dervish&view=detailv2&&&id=449B3EE4782DC50B32B99134B77E1C6EC52CB5BA&selectedIndex=14&ccid=ru3vK4kZ&simid=608017204748684053&thid=JN.1sYFKLfvI6yDIKdeHDa4GQ&ajaxhist=0
    -Mac Soar lip linersearch?q=mac+soar&view=detailv2&&&id=2ACAB0B02B6DF8CE385FAFC52540F539B2361D03&selectedIndex=9&ccid=lO%2bRA1%2bs&simid=608016238369771224&thid=JN.yridUYExW%2foo352o%2b7vusw&ajaxhist=0
    -Mac Blankety lipsticksearch?q=mac+blankety&view=detailv2&&&id=01189CB9CF45424BCAB719815D52BB150947B44B&selectedIndex=11&ccid=tU1niZbi&simid=608037429740310423&thid=JN.K%2b0GLD3siFOk55S4ZkU6dQ&ajaxhist=0
    -Nars lip pencil in Damnedsearch?q=nars+damned&view=detailv2&&&id=0E5173518EA1D9797D8FB1F9AA9797FA8935628B&selectedIndex=3&ccid=xVi2fdtK&simid=607986573033474340&thid=JN.EQlY3DWBq38KgYkinn5%2bwA&ajaxhist=0
    -Josie Maran Cosmetics coconut water lip stain in Berry blisssearch?q=Josie+Maran+Cosmetics+coconut+water+lip+stain+in+Berry+bliss&view=detailv2&&&id=6DF7E15B82085EAAA67642C972177BBB010D4C18&selectedIndex=1&ccid=B6fnj1mj&simid=608018626379056943&thid=JN.h9s1DAd8kYQgDqcLHF7trw&ajaxhist=0
    -L'Oreal True Match in W4search?q=loreal+true+match+w4&view=detailv2&&&id=4803DBE712087F5F1819A333DFE01DE764D14FE3&selectedIndex=20&ccid=PSrA6q89&simid=608029587132188663&thid=JN.B3s6%2b44uVJvckwVDPCJnCQ&ajaxhist=0

- Sigma Face Brush Set search?q=loreal+true+match+w4&view=detailv2&&&id=4803DBE712087F5F1819A333DFE01DE764D14FE3&selectedIndex=20&ccid=PSrA6q89&simid=608029587132188663&thid=JN.B3s6%2b44uVJvckwVDPCJnCQ&ajaxhist=0

Waiting for the Sigma brushes to arrive from the U.S, but so far I am most impressed with the Urban Decay b6 complexion prep spray, I am using it daily and keeping my smashbox photo finish primer just for special occasions.
    Also very impressed with L'Oreal true match, I haven't bought a drug store brand since I was in my teens but have heard many muas and bloggers rave about this foundation and decided to give it a try and it is up there with the nars sheer glow, I don't think I could tell the difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Anyone got any recommendations for an eye cream? Spent a few days in the sun and the suncream I was using on my face (Soltan BB 50) has dried out the skin under my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone got any recommendations for an eye cream? Spent a few days in the sun and the suncream I was using on my face (Soltan BB 50) has dried out the skin under my eyes.

I use Clinique All About Eyes and it's lovely, it feels intensely moisturising without being heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I use the Face D Luronics http://www.face-d.com/eye-cream/

I got it in a glossybox and didnt think it would do much.. I actually LOVE this.
    Was so surprised to see it actually does what it claims to do!
    Really really reccommend it, It has become a staple for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I recommend both of these.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Vichy-Idealia-Eye-Contour-Cream-15ml_1493098/

This one is amazing, its pricey, but it will last ages. A tub should last about 6-8 months (in my experience anyway, and that's using it twice a day, every day).

http://www.brownthomas.com/bobbi-brown/hydrating-eye-cream-15ml/invt/41x1830xe65y

It's very moisturising and hydrating, but its not sticky, heavy, greasy etc. and it soaks in quickly. It's quite thick but it doesn't feel thick once you apply it and it soaks in.

They should have samples of it in BTs and Arnotts (or maybe its Clearys that sell it, I'm not sure tbh!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Thanks for all the suggestions. Really appreciate it. My eyes are still watering and i'm home a few days now. Quite annoying and my acid tears are wiping off my makeup :D

I'll pick up some samples of the suggestions and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Went back to my LRP effeclar duo cream, absolutely love it. Don't know why I ever stopped using it! Bit pricey but my skin needs the attention so it's worth it!

Thinking of trying out that serozinc too. My skin has become unruly again lately (thought that was all behind me! :() and I could do with something that will help it to heal from the break outs.

Has anyone tried any of the UD make-up finishing sprays? I've a wedding in July and would like my make-up to stay on for the entire day and was thinking of purchasing one. Would love the trusty advice of some boardsies first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Has anyone tried any of the UD make-up finishing sprays? I've a wedding in July and would like my make-up to stay on for the entire day and was thinking of purchasing one. Would love the trusty advice of some boardsies first though!

I use the All Nighter setting spray, I keep it for special occasions though because it's fairly expensive & I don't have any UD counters near me. I love it though, especially for weddings, nothing budges when I use it! And paired with Double Wear, my face stays put all day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

ShazGV wrote: »
    I use the All Nighter setting spray, I keep it for special occasions though because it's fairly expensive & I don't have any UD counters near me. I love it though, especially for weddings, nothing budges when I use it! And paired with Double Wear, my face stays put all day. :D

Excellent, thanks a million! :)

Day 3 and the peeling has already started. Delighted as I seem to remember the ones I used before taking longer before the peeling began!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Went back to my LRP effeclar duo cream, absolutely love it. Don't know why I ever stopped using it! Bit pricey but my skin needs the attention so it's worth it!

Thinking of trying out that serozinc too. My skin has become unruly again lately (thought that was all behind me! :() and I could do with something that will help it to heal from the break outs.

I'm a huge LRP effeclar duo cream fan - stopped for a few weeks and regretted it!

Also - I use the UD all nighter too, every day - find my work makeup stays put all day, love it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use the spray too, it's brilliant! I find that I don't need to apply powder on a night out at all and my make up us actually photographing way better now. I was jammy and got a free one at an UD customer event!

I would also recommend the NYX spray, far cheaper and really good. I have attached a picture of my that really sums up how late of a night it was (warning contains pizza) and my make up is intact, even the lippie, thanks to the NYX spray.

Your makeup still looks great I have to say. So how does it work, apply after I put on foundation? Do I need powder at all?

I just do my usual powder when I've finished my all my make up, then spray. Done for the night! It might differ from person to person but that seems to be enough for me.

• Advertisement

Brill thanks. I'm going to the UK soon, is nyx any cheaper over there (even with the exchange rate) do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Your makeup still looks great I have to say. So how does it work, apply after I put on foundation? Do I need powder at all?

It should be the very last thing you apply when your completely done all of your make up. Works like a charm, I love the stuff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

This cream has only recently come to my attention. Anyone have any reviews on it? I have acne scarring, pigmentation, large pores and the occasional breakout and I'm really hoping to get my skin in top condition over the next few weeks.

Sick of having spotty, scarred, dull, tired skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Hey, just to put it out there. I used to work for UD and have tried every way of putting on the All Nighter setting spray. If you really want your makeup to stay put, for extremely oily folks out there, spray your face before you apply your makeup. On clean skin, before primer or anything. Then apply your makeup, powder. Finish with another spray. It shouldn't budge for the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    This cream has only recently come to my attention. Anyone have any reviews on it? I have acne scarring, pigmentation, large pores and the occasional breakout and I'm really hoping to get my skin in top condition over the next few weeks.

Sick of having spotty, scarred, dull, tired skin!

I have found a combination of Effeclar and Serozinc to work a treat for me.
    Didn't think it was doing anything for a couple of weeks but kept at it and my skin is now looking better than it has for a long time. Finally!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Twee. wrote: »
    I use the spray too, it's brilliant! I find that I don't need to apply powder on a night out at all and my make up us actually photographing way better now. I was jammy and got a free one at an UD customer event!

I would also recommend the NYX spray, far cheaper and really good. I have attached a picture of my that really sums up how late of a night it was (warning contains pizza) and my make up is intact, even the lippie, thanks to the NYX spray.

Which NYX spray did you use - the matt or dewy one?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Which NYX spray did you use - the matt or dewy one?

I used the Dewy finish one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Hey would any of you recommend este lauder advanced night repair serum and also either the eye serum or the eye cream. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Craigels wrote: »
    Hey would any of you recommend este lauder advanced night repair serum and also either the eye serum or the eye cream. Thanks

I'd get a sample first if you can. My friend raved about it and her skin looked fantastic, so I decided to give it a try myself. I got a little sample and I'm glad I did because sadly it just broke me out. It's a lot to shell out and then find out that your skin doesn't agree with it.

I haven't tried the eye serum/cream, so can't comment there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Theres lots of samples on ebay for sale of the EW night repair - some sellers sell a few together so its the same size as a full one.

Advertisement