Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The sales person used it as a blusher. I use a blusher anyway but I'll try using it as more of a highlighter. It's an expensive highlighter though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

lazygal wrote: »
    The sales person used it as a blusher. I use a blusher anyway but I'll try using it as more of a highlighter. It's an expensive highlighter though!

It lasts forever though! Use it over your blusher and especially at the tops of your cheekbones and see if you can see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Well finally Ive decided to join in here seeing as I blame this forum in part for my ever growing makeup addiction :).
    My most recent purchases are 3 mac lippys - Hug Me, Patisserie and Viva Glam 5. They are all very similar in colour (mlbb nudes) but I know they are different lol, all 3 shades are lustre finishes. I only recently started going there as I didnt think mac would be for me based on their prices and also felt maybe I wasnt 'cool' or 'with it' enough to shop there but now after a few too many visits I am converted :)
    I also bought urban decay eyeshadow primer anti ageing potion - cannot do my eye makeup without this! There is probably a cheaper alternative but my motto is if it does what it says on the box then its worth it!
    Also thanks to boots and their points I got 3 nail varnishes and didnt pay for 1 as theyr were on 3for2 and I had €9 in points :) - Rimmel Rita Ora new shades Roll in the grass, portiloo blue and bestival blues, all nice bright summer shades!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Huzzah! wrote: »
    My understanding is you wear it over your blusher? I could be wrong, though :o

Oh right :o I was also using it a blusher..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

fifi28 wrote: »
    Well finally Ive decided to join in here seeing as I blame this forum in part for my ever growing makeup addiction :).

We're a bunch of enablers. :p

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    We're a bunch of enablers. :p
    Yes you are :-)! In my defence I gave up smoking and then started spending the extra money on makeup - swapped 1 addiction for another but hey at least it wont damage my health lol........just my bank balance ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Yes you are :-)! In my defence I gave up smoking and then started spending the extra money on makeup - swapped 1 addiction for another but hey at least it wont damage my health lol........just my bank balance ;-)

Well done for giving up smoking👏👏👏👏......... Think you deserve some new makeup after that😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

No new purchases yet but thought this was the best place to let anyone that might be interested know that the chemist beside bank of Ireland on O'Connell street had a shiny new, fully stocked NYX stand!

molly09 wrote: »
    Well done for giving up smokingðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘......... Think you deserve some new makeup after that😀😀

Thanks molly09, its 2 years since I quit so I think my defence wont stand up for much longer - oh will be divorcing me if he sees another bag 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Picked up the new Tresemme Perfectly Undone shampoo, conditioner and foam. I have really fine hair and this was pretty good! It gave my hair a little wave without using curlers or tongs. Excited to use my heaters rollers with it.

Also got a Rimmel Kate nail polish, Venus I think it's called. Only need one coat to give a nice, shiny colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

MAC Make Me Gorgeous - Photos from Aanoushka Loves

MAC-Make-Me-Gorgeous-17.jpg

MAC Diva-ish

MAC-Diva-ish-lipstick-20.jpg?resize=640%2C640

USA-Haul-Sephora-Too-Faced-Anastasia-Beverly-Hills-MAC-22.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I'm gone on a mad one for lipsticks recently. I never ever used to wear lipstick. I was always terrible at putting it on. I would put it on my lips, spend ages evening it out and then end up with clown mouth. I also have terribly dry lips and most lipsticks aren't great on dry lips.
    At the moment I own 5 lipsticks, which is a lot for me!

So today I purchased Urban Decay Sheer Revolution "Liar" and "Streak". I've never bought any Urban Decay products other than the Naked eyeshadow palettes so I'm interested to see what the rest of their stuff is like

Also bought an old favourite, Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. Love it and always repurchase when it starts to dry out. I think it's a really good price for the quality. Available in Debenhams and some Boots if anyone is looking for it.

Also bought 3 Wonderbra bras because you can never have enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

YurOK2 wrote: »
    I'm gone on a mad one for lipsticks recently. I never ever used to wear lipstick. I was always terrible at putting it on. I would put it on my lips, spend ages evening it out and then end up with clown mouth. I also have terribly dry lips and most lipsticks aren't great on dry lips.

So today I purchased Urban Decay Sheer Revolution "Liar" and "Streak". I've never bought any Urban Decay products other than the Naked eyeshadow palettes so I'm interested to see what the rest of their stuff is like

Also bought an old favourite, Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. Love it and always repurchase when it starts to dry out. I think it's a really good price for the quality. Available in Debenhams and some Boots if anyone is looking for it.

For dry lips, I recommend this stuff to take any chapped/dry/flaky skin off, just put a small bit on, rub it in, and wipe away with a tissue. You can get it in pharmacies, not sure about supermarkets though. Its around €5 or €6 a tube.

IMAGE%205.jpg

I also recommend the Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm, its expensive but worth every cent. Its quite thick but it makes my lips feel plump, hydrated and nourished. I love it. A jar lasts me about 4-5 months, so its not too bad I think. You can get it in Lloyds Pharmacies too.

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/nuxe/reve-de-miel-lip-balm-html.html#.VVPgMflViko

The Blistex Relief Cream is amazing for sore and chapped/cracked lips. Its not supposed to be used regularly however I've been using it daily for years and haven't found anything as good for relieving soreness. Can get it in Dunnes and Boots and the likes.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/blistex-relief-cream/prd-hgr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

YurOK2 wrote: »

Ive never owned a wonder bra, should i??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've been using LRP serozinc morning and evening for the last week and I think it's really helped my rosacea prone skin. It doesn't look as red and the horrible clusters of spots are nearly gone.

I also got the lacura facial oil in aldi for €5.99 and so far I really like it. It's got some good ingredients for sensitive skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

For dry lips, I recommend this stuff to take any chapped/dry/flaky skin off, just put a small bit on, rub it in, and wipe away with a tissue. You can get it in pharmacies, not sure about supermarkets though. Its around €5 or €6 a tube.

I also recommend the Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm, its expensive but worth every cent. Its quite thick but it makes my lips feel plump, hydrated and nourished. I love it. A jar lasts me about 4-5 months, so its not too bad I think. You can get it in Lloyds Pharmacies too.

The Blistex Relief Cream is amazing for sore and chapped/cracked lips. Its not supposed to be used regularly however I've been using it daily for years and haven't found anything as good for relieving soreness. Can get it in Dunnes and Boots and the likes.

Thanks. I go between Elizabeth Arden, Nuxe, Burts Bees and Lanolin, depending on where I am. Nuxe is worth every penny, love the Reve de Miel hand cream too.
    shakencat wrote: »
    Ive never owned a wonder bra, should i??

Well, everybody is different. I know my sister isn't mad about the fit of Wonderbra bras nor the price but I love them. Very comfortable at any size I've been and last a long long time. I stopped buying cheaper underwear because it never fitted me properly and it'd lose shape quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Has anyone tried the chanel cc cream? Is it comparable to any other foundation around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Picked up these in the ASOS sale earlier in the week. Only arrived this eve so haven't tried them yet but the colours look nice and summery anyway. See pic for names/colours/prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been using LRP serozinc morning and evening for the last week and I think it's really helped my rosacea prone skin. It doesn't look as red and the horrible clusters of spots are nearly gone.

Yeah I'm finding it quite nice actually. I use it in the mornings post-cleanse and find it helps my moisturiser absorb faster. It really sped up the healing process of a bad breakout I had too.

I'd say if your skin is good already then Serozinc won't do much for it apart from being a nice cooling spritz. But if you have acne or rosacea I'd say it's worth adding to the routine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anna080 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the chanel cc cream? Is it comparable to any other foundation around?

Not sure if its same thing but I use their all in one healthy glow fluid and its fantastic stuff. I wear it instead of foundation. I did buy a chanel foundation at one stage but prefer this stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Anyone tried Makeup Revolution products? Bought a few palettes off their site a few days ago but I haven't received any confirmation email or despatch notice.

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Anyone tried Makeup Revolution products? Bought a few palettes off their site a few days ago but I haven't received any confirmation email or despatch notice.

I bought 2 eye palettes from them a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised with the quaity - as good as my urban decay naked palettes! My sister recommended them to me. It did take longer than I expected for them to arrive, they are on twitter instagram and facebook so maybe send them a quick msg to see if they can find out where your order is. I got the I 💗 chocolate (meant to be a dupe for too faced chocolate bar) and Death by Chocolate palettes

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I bought 2 eye palettes from them a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised with the quaity - as good as my urban decay naked palettes! My sister recommended them to me. It did take longer than I expected for them to arrive, they are on twitter instagram and facebook so maybe send them a quick msg to see if they can find out where your order is. I got the I 💗 chocolate (meant to be a dupe for too faced chocolate bar) and Death by Chocolate palettes

Brilliant thanks! Did you get a confirmation email off them? How long did it take to arrive? I got the Chocolate Bar Palette and the Naked Chocolate Palette the Iconic Pro 2 and a few random bits!

Brilliant thanks! Did you get a confirmation email off them? How long did it take to arrive? I got the Chocolate Bar Palette and the Naked Chocolate Palette the Iconic Pro 2 and a few random bits!

Yeah Im nearly certain I got a confirmation and then dispatch emails but couldnt track delivery because I only paid for regular delivery.
    It was definitely around 2 wks or a little more before they arrived because I remember asking my sister if hers took as long! I cant comment on the Iconic Pro but the 2 chocolate bar palettes were worth every cent, think they were just over €10 each, love the way the case is made like a bar of chocolate :)
    I also bought the eye primer which was no good imo but didnt expect much for €4 (I will stick with my UD primer potion) and the brow kit which is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I had been using LRP serozinc for a few months and had been buying it online as it wasn't available here and always thought it was grand, I liked the cooling effect but couldn't see what it actually did for my skin. A few weeks ago though I purchased a bottle of it in my local chemist and I'm amazed at the difference!

My skin has never looked or felt better. For the first time in months I have not got one spot. It's so strange, would the one I'd been ordering off amazon have been watered down or anything? Even the bottle looks different.

I use the LRP serozinc before hydraluron, wait until it's almost dried in and apply the serum and then follow that up with LRP toleraine fluid (another holy grail product I can't reccommend highly enough) and these 3 are the dream team and work wonders together. The toleraine fluid is much nicer than the toleraine ultra, it has a more watery consistency so it's perfect for applying after a serum. My friend's doctor actually recommended it to her for her troubled skin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Another Serozinc fan here, it's really cleared up my skin. Less red, fewer spots & think it's helping the ones I currently have to heal quicker. Only got it last week & have only been using it at night but it's a really nice addition to my routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I'm MUR's No. 1 fan!!!

I counted yesterday & have 52 palettes from them (*hangs head in shame) :eek:

I also have numerous lipsticks, glosses, primers, foundations, mascaras, & eyeliners.

LOVE all of these with the exception of the foundations & mascaras.

The former are a bit meh, & the latter are grand but no where near as good as my W7 Absolute Lash which costs €3.50!

Their eye, face, & brow palettes are simply amazing.

Incredible value & quality.

I highly recommend all of their palettes in particular.

Here's a link to my collection on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/makeuprevolution1/photos/a.537847566306061.1073741828.532465086844309/830229300401218/?type=1&theater

They are very active on FB so send them a message & I'm sure they will get back to you.

Enjoy your new additions!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

keredern, what would be your favourite MUR eye palette? I'd like to try one before investing in many and it seems you know the brand pretty well!

keredern wrote: »
    I'm MUR's No. 1 fan!!!

I counted yesterday & have 52 palettes from them (*hangs head in shame) :eek:

I also have numerous lipsticks, glosses, primers, foundations, mascaras, & eyeliners.

LOVE all of these with the exception of the foundations & mascaras.

The former are a bit meh, & the latter are grand but no where near as good as my W7 Absolute Lash which costs €3.50!

Their eye, face, & brow palettes are simply amazing.

Incredible value & quality.

I highly recommend all of their palettes in particular.

Here's a link to my collection on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/makeuprevolution1/photos/a.537847566306061.1073741828.532465086844309/830229300401218/?type=1&theater

They are very active on FB so send them a message & I'm sure they will get back to you.

Enjoy your new additions!! :)

Wow and I thought I had loads! Going to show this to my oh next time I buy something and he says I have too much lol! The palettes I have are brill, think Im going to invest in the bigger flawless and beyond flawless palettes (think thats the names of them) - sleek were my first 'cheap' palettes and didnt think much of them due to the fallout from the shadows and honestly thought the MUR ones would be the same but I was delighted to find the quality, pigment etc is fab!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

tomissex wrote: »
    keredern, what would be your favourite MUR eye palette? I'd like to try one before investing in many and it seems you know the brand pretty well!

Not sure about knowing them well but I'm certainly addicted!!! :o

I don't have any high end products so I can't say from personal experience how MUR compares.

But there are loads of vloggers on YouTube that confirm MUR palettes are almost as good as the 'real' thing!

(This girl is very entertaining & does very good reviews & tutorials https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0kidZvE0WAoxK0zNKUTZ_2ojGfl3FB1 )

I had a good think about your question...I actually had never thought before about which ones I favour!!! :eek:

But here goes... :)

Redemption palettes

First link is a brilliant dupe for Naked 3

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/redemption-12-shades/redemption-palette-iconic-3.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/redemption-12-shades/redemption-palette-romantic-smoked.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/redemption-12-shades/redemption-palette-hot-smoked.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/redemption-12-shades/redemption-palette-essential-mattes.html

Salvation palettes

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/salvation-palette-unicorns-unite.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/salvation-palette-girls-on-film.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/salvation-18-shade-palette/salvation-palette-give-them-nightmares.html

I Heart Makeup

First link is a fab dupe for Too Faced Chocolate Bar

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/i-makeup-chocolate-palette/i-makeup-i-heart-chocolate.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/i-makeup-chocolate-palette/i-makeup-death-by-chocolate.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/i-makeup-wonder-palette/i-makeup-i-heart-passion.html

Ultra 32 Shade palette

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-flawless.html

This one is a fab mix of colours with loads to choose for dramatic & neutral looks.

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-eyes-like-angels.html

I don't have this as it's just released but it looks lovely.

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-mermaids-forever.html

As you might have guessed, my go to colours are purples, pinks, greens, & browns!

I also tend to use shimmer shades more often but the MUR mattes are usually really good too.

The Redemption Matte palette is very good if you're into mattes.

I have not been disappointed with any of the palettes I have.

They are all so cheap with loads of product, as well as quality, packed in to every rectangular treasure! :P

Advertisement