Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

shalalala wrote: »
    Ladies, I have tried searching this thread but I am looking for a palette someone said that fits most makes but is cheaper? I cannot find it anywhere!

Not really sure what you're looking for exactly but I know the ELF empty palettes fit MAC eyeshadows? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Luno wrote: »
    Not really sure what you're looking for exactly but I know the ELF empty palettes fit MAC eyeshadows? :)

That's the one! Thanks :)

That's the one! Thanks :)

They aren't magnetised though so that's something to bare in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You could try the Z palette, I believe you can put all brands of eyeshadow into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Ladies, I have tried searching this thread but I am looking for a palette someone said that fits most makes but is cheaper? I cannot find it anywhere!

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/custom-compact/custom-compact/invt/2567

I ordered 2 of these yesterday along with some lipsticks and lip gloss. If buying make sure to change the postage from registered to normal as 7.95sterling for postage is just unreal! These fit the UD and MAC pans as far as I know x

• Advertisement

They aren't magnetised though so that's something to bare in mind!

The website says they're magnetic x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Novella wrote: »
    You could try the Z palette, I believe you can put all brands of eyeshadow into it.

Just to add, I bought a Z palette about 2 weeks ago and transferred 3 palettes worth of eyeshadows into it. It's fantastic! It's saving me so much space (seriously Urban Decay, what's with the ridiculously bulky palettes?), there's a lot less footering around in the morning trying to find the makeup I want, and I have a new insight into just how many taupe and neutral eyeshadows I buy so a ban has been self imposed :o

donna35 wrote: »
    The website says they're magnetic x

I think it is the actual lid that is magnetic and not the bottom, not entirely sure though as mine are old enough now! :)

I think it is the actual lid that is magnetic and not the bottom, not entirely sure though as mine are old enough now! :)

Ah I see, will let you know when they arrive so. I want them for travelling so ifnot I will get magnetic sheets somewhere to put in them.

donna35 wrote: »
    Ah I see, will let you know when they arrive so. I want them for travelling so ifnot I will get magnetic sheets somewhere to put in them.

Double sided sticky tape or that could be a quick fix option too? :)

On topic,

I bought some NYX items from the Sam McCauley's website:
    41n32P4R3NL._SY300_.jpg
    NYX Blush in taupe for contouring

2215590?$detail$
    NYX Concealer in Porcelain

MSl16_Merlot_zpsc3524f40.jpg
    NYX Matte lipstick in Merlot

NYX-The-Curve-3.jpg

NYX Curved Eyeliner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

The NYX concealer is brill. I find it a brill replacement for my far more expensive Lancome concealer that I lost

Just a heads up to anyone interested in trying one of the W7 'Naked Dupe' palettes, they're on sale for 4 euro in Argos at the moment!
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2597274/Trail/searchtext%3EW7.htm
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2429562/Trail/searchtext%3EW7.htm
    Limited stock though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Just a heads up to anyone interested in trying one of the W7 'Naked Dupe' palettes, they're on sale for 4 euro in Argos at the moment!
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2597274/Trail/searchtext%3EW7.htm
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2429562/Trail/searchtext%3EW7.htm
    Limited stock though!

are they good?

shakencat wrote: »
    are they good?

I have the in the nude palette and really like it, similar to the make up revolution ones but this might be more accessible for some! I can't compare it to urban decay though because I've never owned any!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Received the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte palette in the post today! Very excited to try it out, their stuff seems to get very good reviews here!

I have the in the nude palette and really like it, similar to the make up revolution ones but this might be more accessible for some! I can't compare it to urban decay though because I've never owned any!

All i know is the urban decay one!!

i got a lipstick set from urban decay at xmas...
    i don't wear lipgloss.

yet i still opened it and tried all the lipsticks :(

silly me shoulda returned it or kept it for an impressive present :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Anyone know if dunnes on henry st in dublin stock wet and wild?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

gg2 wrote: »

They do :)

Meangadh wrote: »
    Received the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte palette in the post today! Very excited to try it out, their stuff seems to get very good reviews here!

Let us know how you get on with this, looks good and a great price. Have loads of eyeshadows and a few palettes but would like a nude matte one for work.

shakencat wrote: »
    All i know is the urban decay one!!

i got a lipstick set from urban decay at xmas...
    i don't wear lipgloss.

yet i still opened it and tried all the lipsticks :(

silly me shoulda returned it or kept it for an impressive present :(

This is me in a nutshell! I never wear lipstick but I have loads (admittedly I bought them for myself so it's my own fault).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

This is me in a nutshell! I never wear lipstick but I have loads (admittedly I bought them for myself so it's my own fault).

Dear lord but we should start a self help group!!! :eek:

I too have dozens of lipsticks, glosses, lacquers, balms, etc. & rarely if ever wear any!!! :confused:

'Lippie Anonymous' anyone?!!! :rolleyes:

hahaha i wear carmex, vaseline or 8hour cream on my lips as gloss!!

only cause its not sticky and you don't have to apply it 50 times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Gonna be in Dublin for a bit today, might look for some nyx cosmetics, any recommendation for must haves??

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Gonna be in Dublin for a bit today, might look for some nyx cosmetics, any recommendation for must haves??

I only got it a few days ago but the taupe blush is really nice for contouring! I didn't like their liquid eyeliner, mine seemed a bit dry but I may have just got a dud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Charlotte Tilbury foundation, it sits funny on my skin. Wasn't overly impressed. Was matched incorrectly too.
    Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lipliner - does what it promises, my top lip is so fine but this definately gives the illusion of a fuller lip, I got the matching lipgloss too, can't remember the name of it but it's amazing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I only got it a few days ago but the taupe blush is really nicd for contouring! I didn't like their liquid eyeliner, mine seemed a bit dry but I may have just got a dud.

Thanks, in Liffey valley - thought boots would stock nyx but they don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I bought this today. It's like a little tube of magic for your eyes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

gg2 wrote: »

I think it was yourself that was looking for wet and wd in limerick tho I can't find the actual post. Dunnes on Childers road and the one in the Jetland stock it.

Apologies if it wasn't you who was asking about it.

I only got it a few days ago but the taupe blush is really nice for contouring! I didn't like their liquid eyeliner, mine seemed a bit dry but I may have just got a dud.

I found the liquid eyeliner crap, it was really dry!

• Advertisement

Got the Clarins lip oil today. They got rave reviews online but I find it sticky. Definitely not what I imagined

Advertisement