Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've been reading great things about the dr jart b&b cream. There's different types with different SPF but they're Korean so made for hotter climates. I'm going to try it for my holiday in Tuscany in june. Beautypedia (Paula's choice) also rated it very highly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Tilly wrote: »
    The girl from the Elizabeth Arden counter matched me with a machine and she sold me a colour that was orange in daylight :( I'll never buy a new expensive foundation without using a tester first now.

i agree!!
    i trusted the make up artist. and of course i opened the bottle so couldn't return it.
    so now its sittin in my old make up bah and i went back to my original bb creme!!

question : whats creme or cream

like which is the word.. I've seen both advertised!! hahah

*im extremely embarrassed at how stupid i sound*

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

shakencat wrote: »
    question : whats creme or cream

like which is the word.. I've seen both advertised!! hahah

*im extremely embarrassed at how stupid i sound*

Don't be...I haven't got a clue either!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked this up recently, and absolutely love it. I think its much better than the Garnier one. One cotton pad, and a decent squirt of this and it takes off all my make up (even eye make up) and I don't need to rub my eye area/lashes to get off the make up.

http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-3-in-1-Purifying-Micellar-Solution-200ml_1299734/

With the Garnier one I do need to rub my eye area/lashes to remove any make up which can leave the area red and sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Valentina wrote: »
    Ladies - some advice please! I'm going to a hot city next week for work and need a foundation that won't melt away. I usually wear Bobbi Brown Long Wear but I don't think it'd be up to the challenge - would Estée Lauder Double Wear be a good choice?

I live in a hot climate (40+ degree in summer) and I wear nars sheer glow. I also like Lancôme teint idole in summer. Get a good primer and setting powder, that's gonna make a difference.

Regarding the 'créme/cream' question, créme is french for cream. Unless I've missed something completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Picked this up recently, and absolutely love it. I think its much better than the Garnier one. One cotton pad, and a decent squirt of this and it takes off all my make up (even eye make up) and I don't need to rub my eye area/lashes to get off the make up.

http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-3-in-1-Purifying-Micellar-Solution-200ml_1299734/

With the Garnier one I do need to rub my eye area/lashes to remove any make up which can leave the area red and sore.

I totally agree. I had the Loreal one first and it took everything off no problem. When that ran out I decided to try the Garnier version but like you said it's not great for eye makeup.
    Once I've the bottle finished I'll be straight back to Loreal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I live in a hot climate (40+ degree in summer) and I wear nars sheer glow. I also like Lancôme teint idole in summer. Get a good primer and setting powder, that's gonna make a difference.

Regarding the 'créme/cream' question, créme is french for cream. Unless I've missed something completely!

I actually ended up getting this Lancôme today :) I tried DW but couldn't get a good match. I lved the look of the NARS but saw it wasn't recommended for combo skin, which I have. P

I have tried out the Lancôme today for a trial run and so far I'm really liking it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Valentina wrote: »
    I actually ended up getting this Lancôme today :) I tried DW but couldn't get a good match. I lved the look of the NARS but saw it wasn't recommended for combo skin, which I have. P

I have tried out the Lancôme today for a trial run and so far I'm really liking it :)

Glad you like it. Nars is actually really good for every skin type. I have dry skin in winter and combination in summer and it looks great all the time. I've read reviews from people with oily skin who loved it too.
    If you can get a sample that might be enough to last your trip as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

today I bought Clinique take the day off cleaning balm , clairns toner and blue orchard oil . happy that they have the CH stamoall have the CH stamp :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

today I bought Clinique take the day off cleaning balm , clairns toner and blue orchard oil . happy that they have the CH stamoall have the CH stamp :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Oops wrong thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Anyone who uses L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara find it's drying out a lot quicker these days? I've barely gotten four weeks out of the last couple of tubes before it starts going claggy.

I got a mini bad lash mascara from benefit,
    find it much better than the bad lashes one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought this Dior Overcurl Mascara yesterday - love it as its proper black and really curls my lashes

http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fragrance-and-beauty/makeup/eyes/mascaras/pr-mascaras-Y0697170-spectacular-volume-and-curl-professional-mascara.html

I love my chanel healthy glow fluid and needed to get more of it so I ended up trying a tester of their foundation, loving it and buying it as well. Needed a new foundation - just hope I bought the right shade - airport lighting is not the best for judging

http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Foundations-VITALUMI%C3%88RE-95640

http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Healthy-glow-makeup-LES-BEIGES-182527

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I got a mini bad lash mascara from benefit,
    find it much better than the bad lashes one!!

+1

I've been using the minis rather than the full one for two or three years now! I'm not sure why it works better but it just does! Very hard to get, though :(

Alicat wrote: »
    +1

I've been using the minis rather than the full one for two or three years now! I'm not sure why it works better but it just does! Very hard to get, though :(

Yeah, i got it in a little Benefit set i got for kris kindle (Good kris kindle pressie eh!!)

really like it though

Anybody use the NARS powder?

I use the foundation, illuminator and concealer!

But the last time i had expensive powder it got taken from my handbag on a night out!!!

Cautious of spending so much when id prefer a Rimmel one to be taken!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Anybody use the NARS powder?

I use the foundation, illuminator and concealer!

But the last time i had expensive powder it got taken from my handbag on a night out!!!

Cautious of spending so much when id prefer a Rimmel one to be taken!!

I use the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish powder, in Light Plus. I really like the effect it gives, and I've been using it everyday since July with no signs of hitting pan.

That being said, I only bring it on nights out, not to college or work. And at that I keep a very close eye on my bag, at times it's worth more than my purse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Had a bit of a splurge today! The joys of payday! :)
    Got Charlotte TIlbury sculpt and highlight and her cheek to chic blusher and am sooo excited to play around with them!

Also picked up Mac primer in natural radiance base luminere. I got my make up done recently and this was used on me and it just gave me that dewy glow that I love and am always trying to achieve. It comes with a choice of two base shades, yellow or pink, I chose the pink as was reccommend by the lady at Mac.
    I also picked up Mac mineralise skin finish in 'give me sun' but in the cold light of day it seems very orange so hopefully it will look better on.

And finally I got l'oreal nude magique bb blush. I'm a sucker for pink dewy cheeks and this product is just so gorgeous and so good at getting the perfect natural pink flush. Just love it.

• Advertisement

i love laura mercier primer - illuminate <333

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Had an awful past few weeks so just had a total blow out in town between cosmetics, accessories and clothes..
    I havnt tried any yet, so sorry that I cant give a review

Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in "Vanilla Sky" and "Vintage Blush"
    8845250428958.jpg8846187888670.jpg
    Rimmel Provoclips in Kiss Fatal
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in "On Fire"
    RLCR600-500x500.jpg
    Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer in "DEA" and "KGB" (hoping to use these as a highlight and bronzer)
    ud247concealer2.jpg
    Joico Colour Endure Violet Shampoo
    www.everythinghair.co.za-JOICO-COLOR-ENDURE-VIOLET-SHAMPOO-SULFATE-FREE-300ML-32.jpg

*Not my photos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

So I gave in and bought the Double Wear Maximum Cover last month. Can't say I like it, tbh.

I've been having issue with my skin lately so I was attracted to its extremely full coverage description, its even meant to cover surgical scars.

It was so thick it was almost like cement, and not in a good way. It left a greyish mask effect on my face. Now, I'm one to go the whole hog with make up and I contour/highlight etc. religiously so it wasn't a case of me just slapping on the foundation and hoping for the best. No amount of contouring and highlighting brought any life back into my face. It just looked so so dull. It was also extremely drying and flaky, and I have quite oily skin so I wasn't expecting this.

I retired it after a few uses to be used as a concealer, it simply isn't usable on my whole face for me. However at €37, its probably the most expensive concealer I've ever used :o

Wouldn't recommend as a foundation, good as a concealer but you really have to work the product into the skin for it to look any bit decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    So I gave in and bought the Double Wear Maximum Cover last month. Can't say I like it, tbh.

I retired it after a few uses to be used as a concealer, it simply isn't usable on my whole face for me. However at €37, its probably the most expensive concealer I've ever used :o

Could you try mixing it with a liquid highlighter/illuminator and see if that loosens it up at all texture-wise, and brightens it up a bit colour/effect-wise? You've nothing to lose by trying, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anna080 wrote: »
    Had a bit of a splurge today! The joys of payday! :)
    Got Charlotte TIlbury sculpt and highlight and her cheek to chic blusher and am sooo excited to play around with them!

Also picked up Mac primer in natural radiance base luminere. I got my make up done recently and this was used on me and it just gave me that dewy glow that I love and am always trying to achieve. It comes with a choice of two base shades, yellow or pink, I chose the pink as was reccommend by the lady at Mac.
    I also picked up Mac mineralise skin finish in 'give me sun' but in the cold light of day it seems very orange so hopefully it will look better on.

And finally I got l'oreal nude magique bb blush. I'm a sucker for pink dewy cheeks and this product is just so gorgeous and so good at getting the perfect natural pink flush. Just love it.

I had the same problem with 'give me sun'! It looked great when the assistant applied it to me but at home it looks a bit orange. I have resigned myself to only wearing it when I have a tan.

Have been using The balm cabana mama instead - its a fab dupe of Nars Laguna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I've fallen in love with Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant once again. Had it a few years ago but couldn't afford to purchase it again when I ran out. Got a free mini-version a while back and started using it again at the weekend, and my skin is just lovely and flake-free. My skin gets super dry and flaky in winter so this is just awesome <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Ladies, I have tried searching this thread but I am looking for a palette someone said that fits most makes but is cheaper? I cannot find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SecretShopper

gg2 wrote: »
    If anyone knows of anywhere in Limerick stocking wet and wild please post here!!

Hey, if there is a Scents in Limerick, (think there might be one in the Cresent now) thry there, they do a lot of W7 and I know the one in Cork has Wet and Wild anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

shalalala wrote: »
    Ladies, I have tried searching this thread but I am looking for a palette someone said that fits most makes but is cheaper? I cannot find it anywhere!

Pretty sure the Dunnes on Henry St has it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Hey, if there is a Scents in Limerick, (think there might be one in the Cresent now) thry there, they do a lot of W7 and I know the one in Cork has Wet and Wild anyway.

Scents? Never heard of it. What type of shop is it?

Advertisement