Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I picked this up last week in Boots with some points and have to say, its amazing. My goodness, it really blurs. I freaking love it. Only complaint is - it does make you shiny after a while, and it makes the No7 stay perfect foundation slide off my nose after about two hours, but under the Rimmel 25hr foundation its unreal.

http://www.feelunique.com/p/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-Magic-Touch-Instant-Blur-15ml

Its on offer in Boots for €8.49 at the mo - well worth it :) Don't think I'd pay €17 for it given how small the tube is.

http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-Magic-Touch-Instant-Blur_1360864/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it blur? All I can think of is the blur tool on photoshop :o

Lia_lia wrote: »
    ^ Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it blur? All I can think of is the blur tool on photoshop :o
    I apply it on my nose, the sides of my nose and my chin, and to be honest, it just makes the area look flawless. I have some scarring from acne which seems invisible when this stuff is over it, it also really disguise/blue my pores.

It sounds ridiculous, and I didn't believe it would blur anything until I tried it, I wouldn't wear it under every foundation, I've found the L'Oreal True Match and No.7 Stay Perfect foundations don't last well over it, so I would say its better when paired with a thicker foundation such as the Rimmel 25hr one which I've had no issues with.

As much as I love it, I wouldn't pay €17 for it though given that it only seems to suit one foundation I have, if it worked for the other foundations I use, I'm still not sure I'd pay the €17 price tag, given how small the tube is.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

So would you use the "blur" instead of a primer? Sounds interesting and I saw it in the shop yesterday ...

cactusgal wrote: »
    So would you use the "blur" instead of a primer? Sounds interesting and I saw it in the shop yesterday ...
    Yeah I would. I've been using it in place of a primer, I don't use it all over my face though, only on the center of my face and my chin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Yeah I would. I've been using it in place of a primer, I don't use it all over my face though, only on the center of my face and my chin.

Would you say it would be effective at concealing light acne scarring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sam McCauleys were having a sale. It'd be rude not to...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I have noticeable discolouration around my eyes, from allergies and dehydration I think. Always happens this time of year! Think serious panda face So I bought MAC's painterly paint pot as a base color, having heard so many good things about it, and re-purchased Bobbi Brown's corrector concealed to use with their concealed duo I already own. I look healthy and awake again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Thanks nursemar88 for the heads-up :)

All bought on Sam McCauleys site (€39.94 + free delivery)

NYX Powder Blush in Taupe and Pinched. I have the blush in Peach already and I'm constantly reaching for it.
    Quality is very impressive for the price

41n32P4R3NL._SY300_.jpgitem_L_4928352_1570843.jpg

Taupe is meant to be a great contour for pale folk and Pinched has been compared to NARS Orgasm.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt and Pots and Pans. I have Milk and Black Bean already; very handy for using as eyeshadow bases.
    Sometimes blend Black Bean into my outer V as well. Have some shadows that I think these will be nice under
    Pots and Pans is second from left; Yogurt is in the middle
    nyx+jumbo+eye+pencils.JPG

Been wanting to try NYX's lip stuff so I picked up:
    Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar and Merlot
    10.JPG

and Slim Lip Pencil in Cabaret and Pale Pink, which I can't find good pics of.
    Can't wait for my parcel to arrive :D
    Thanks nursemar88!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

A present! Lancome Hypnose Star Palette in Brun Adore.

Lancome-Brun-Adore-closeup.jpg

• Advertisement

tomissex wrote: »
    NYX Powder Blush in Taupe and Pinched. I have the blush in Peach already and I'm constantly reaching for it.

Taupe is meant to be a great contour for pale folk and Pinched has been compared to NARS Orgasm.

Can't wait for my parcel to arrive :D
    Thanks nursemar88!

You're welcome ☺

Love Taupe as my contour, it's just the best!! Haven't tried other blushes so now I want to try Pinched and Peach 😊

Ordered a bunch of Korean makeup and skincare on EBay. Also ordered a cheap 10 brush set that's a copy of the Sigma Synthetic Kabuki brush sets. Ordered yesterday and everything was shipped yesterday so hopefully won't be waiting forever as they are all coming from China. I'll update with how they are when I get them if people are interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I just ordered that brush set as well - what am I like aaaah!:rolleyes:

Have you got a link to the brush sets please? I need new brushes, but don't know where to look.

Sigma, Zoeva, Blank Canvas etc.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm dying to get my hands on the Zoeva Rose Gold brush set but I'm struggling to part with the cash after Christmas!

https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/rose-golden-luxury-set/a-8000382/

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm dying to get my hands on the Zoeva Rose Gold brush set but I'm struggling to part with the cash after Christmas!

https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/rose-golden-luxury-set/a-8000382/
    That's the one I am after too. My birthday, and valentines day is in Feb though, hmmmm! We shall see! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭mrolaf

i use mac brushed they're great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Used Herbal Essences Naked dry shampoo. Not impressed as I ended up washing it out of my hair hours later. Felt more greasy that before. I've very fine hair so I'm putting it down to that. Looks like its back to Batiste for me!:)

Really pleased with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Light Aussome Volume Mousse though. It gives my hair a bit of a boost and left it soft. Nice smell too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Ladies - some advice please! I'm going to a hot city next week for work and need a foundation that won't melt away. I usually wear Bobbi Brown Long Wear but I don't think it'd be up to the challenge - would Estée Lauder Double Wear be a good choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Valentina wrote: »
    Ladies - some advice please! I'm going to a hot city next week for work and need a foundation that won't melt away. I usually wear Bobbi Brown Long Wear but I don't think it'd be up to the challenge - would Estée Lauder Double Wear be a good choice?

Yep Double Wear is the job in that situation, as long as you don't mind that it's full coverage

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yep Double Wear is the job in that situation, as long as you don't mind that it's full coverage

My skin is quite good so will DW look cakey? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh God I couldn't imagine wearing double wear in intense heat, it's like a cement mask on the face! Would you not try something lighter like a bb cream or tinted moisturiser? Mac studio fix fluid is also good coverage and long wearing but not as cement like as double wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Another vote for Double Wear. Held up well in the 34 degree heat of Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam when I was there in November. Used it practically every day of our 3 week trip, no break outs etc.

My skin is quite good so will DW look cakey? :confused:

No but it can look suspiciously matte in a hot setting if that makes any sense! It still gets my vote, it's not cakey but you're never doing to get a 'dewy' look from it!

BB cream wears off my face too easily even in Irish weather so I don't think it will work for me in hotter climes :) I'd like something I can apply once and not have to worry about reapplying between meetings or having it sweat off my face - yuck!!

Matte look is fine but could I apply highlighter over it, say on cheekbones, if I wanted to? :)

BB cream wears off my face too easily even in Irish weather so I don't think it will work for me in hotter climes :) I'd like something I can apply once and not have to worry about reapplying between meetings or having it sweat off my face - yuck!!

Matte look is fine but could I apply highlighter over it, say on cheekbones, if I wanted to? :)

I've never tried highlighter with it except for a benefit powder one years ago, looked fine. Not sure how the textures would work toegther if it's a liquid one but worth a shot!

Thanks Dee :) Going to get a bottle of DW over the weekend and practice with it before I go away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i got DW bb creme,

the make up artist gave me a shade too dark

came out orange and streaky down ONE SIDE of my neck, nightmare.

and its not cheap to buy and get wrong either!

this made me angry :(

shakencat wrote: »
    i got DW bb creme,

the make up artist gave me a shade too dark

came out orange and streaky down ONE SIDE of my neck, nightmare.

and its not cheap to buy and get wrong either!

this made me angry :(

:eek:

That sounds awful! And very poor form of the make up artist to not match you correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

:eek:

That sounds awful! And very poor form of the make up artist to not match you correctly.

The girl from the Elizabeth Arden counter matched me with a machine and she sold me a colour that was orange in daylight :( I'll never buy a new expensive foundation without using a tester first now.

Advertisement