Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Not a latest purchase, more a wish/drool list...

Have you all seen the new MAC Cinderella line? OMGGGGG they look amazing. I NEED the eyeshadow palette, lipstick and lipglass and probably the highlighting powder too. I really do think I have a serious problem lol

Not a latest purchase, more a wish/drool list...

Have you all seen the new MAC Cinderella line? OMGGGGG they look amazing. I NEED the eyeshadow palette, lipstick and lipglass and probably the highlighting powder too. I really do think I have a serious problem lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

aisoconnor wrote: »
    Ooh, please let us know how they are after some use! :D I've been on the lookout for some eye brushes so I'd imagine they'd be similar quality. I could always opt for Blank Canvas but to get them even cheaper is always nice. How long did it take for them to arrive?
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Nursemar88 those brushes look lovely - let us know how they fair out and would you be able to post a link for where you got them? I don't need any new brushes but they look lovely and pink so for €9 you couldn't pass them up!
    Could you PM me the name of the seller you bought these from please? Did shipping take long?

I was doing my make up earlier, and dropped my MAC 217 and it went down behind the skirting board and I can't get it out unless I tear up the tiles and floor :(

I cried a little when it happened. :o I've had that brush for three years. I kept saying I must get another one but never did. I've no choice but to get another one. Luckily my birthday is in two weeks so my mum and boyfriend are being very nice and getting me some new brushes.

Going to get some blank canvas ones I think, along with one of those sets from Ebay.

So I've used the brushes exclusively for the last 3 days and I have to say I'm impressed. They are soft, apply the makeup well and blend beautifully. The only thing is they are so densely packed and are synthethic they pick up a lot of the product so it's easy to go overboard with them. You just need to use a light hand. But that's just practice. They are as good as any Blank Canvas synthetic ones I've tried. I also washed them once and they seem fine. No problems.

I'll pm ye the seller girls. It took a month for them to arrive so you'll be a while waiting but I think worth it for how cheap they are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

nursemar88 wrote: »
    So I've used the brushes exclusively for the last 3 days and I have to say I'm impressed. They are soft, apply the makeup well and blend beautifully. The only thing is they are so densely packed and are synthethic they pick up a lot of the product so it's easy to go overboard with them. You just need to use a light hand. But that's just practice. They are as good as any Blank Canvas synthetic ones I've tried. I also washed them once and they seem fine. No problems.

I'll pm ye the seller girls. It took a month for them to arrive so you'll be a while waiting but I think worth it for how cheap they are :)

Ooh can you PM me the name too please? Would really appreciate it!

Can you pm me the name too please, thanks a million x

• Advertisement

Ooh can you PM me the name too please? Would really appreciate it!
    donna35 wrote: »
    Can you pm me the name too please, thanks a million x

I'll do it there now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I'll do it there now :)

Could you pm me the seller too please? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Valentina wrote: »

and me too please :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Could you pm me seller too please, badly need new brushes. Thanks

dragona wrote: »
    and me too please :D:D
    Fiolina wrote: »
    Could you pm me seller too please, badly need new brushes. Thanks

Done!! Anyone else while I'm at it?? Lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Well seeing as you're offering... could you send the name to me too please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Me too please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just ordered the same brush set as nursemar :D Can't wait to receive it, particularly the pointed foundation brush. I've been looking to get one since I saw it mentioned on pippa.ie

001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks for the update nusermar88 - could you pm me the details of where to buy when you get a chance?! Thans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Me as well please nursemar if you don't mind!

ShazGV wrote: »
    Well seeing as you're offering... could you send the name to me too please? :D
    Me too please!!
    Me as well please nursemar if you don't mind!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Thanks for the update nusermar88 - could you pm me the details of where to buy when you get a chance?! Thans!

Done there now. Sunny Dayz I already sent you it but I'll send again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Just ordered the same brush set as nursemar :D Can't wait to receive it, particularly the pointed foundation brush. I've been looking to get one since I saw it mentioned on pippa.ie

001.jpg

To give nursemar a break could you pm me the name of the seller please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Can I get the sellers name too please? Nursemar they should give you a commission at this rate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

And me too if you don't mind! They look fab! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Me too please! Sorry to be a pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Done there now. Sunny Dayz I already sent you it but I'll send again. :)

Thanks Mar I got that now!

Can I get the sellers name too please? Nursemar they should give you a commission at this rate :D
    WhiteRoses wrote: »
    And me too if you don't mind! They look fab! :)
    PLL wrote: »
    Me too please! Sorry to be a pain!

All messaged. Seriously I should get some commission!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

All messaged. Seriously I should get some commission!! :)

Could you please PM me too, and possibly send this thread to the seller:

:)

Speedsie wrote: »

Haha yeah they might give me a gift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I just ordered them too.. theres a not in the confirmation email saying that due to the Chinese New Year there could be a delay on them! For the price I won't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penzo16

Got the Naked 3 palette and Perversion mascara (also Urban Decay) from himself for Valentines. Looking forward to trying out 3 more, especially with it having more pinky shades compared to 1 & 2. Liking the mascara so far, it was badly needed after I was clinging to my Benefit Bad Gal sample for too long. I do have a love/hate relationship with mascara though as my lashes are quite long already so can be a messy experience.

With the offers on in Boots lately I picked up the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude foundation in Ivory. Had enough points to get it free. Thought it would be nice to use as a daytime foundation but it seems too yellow toned for my skin. If anyone could recommend a nice natural, pink toned foundation for daytime wear, please do let me know :)

Also got the Rimmel Lasting Finish primer, it the first primer I have purchased and am liking it so far. My foundation seems to go on nicely over it, where I would have only used moisturiser before.

Neglected my nails for so long, I treated myself to Wet N Wild base coat and NYC's Park Ave which is a lovely light brown/ mink colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Speedsie wrote: »

Me too pleeeeease they look great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Penzo16 wrote: »

With the offers on in Boots lately I picked up the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude foundation in Ivory. Had enough points to get it free. Thought it would be nice to use as a daytime foundation but it seems too yellow toned for my skin. If anyone could recommend a nice natural, pink toned foundation for daytime wear, please do let me know :)

I bought it as well during the week purely because my Bourjois had run out and the Rimmel was on offer so I said I'd give it a try. I found it very thick and heavy compared to Bourjois. It's alright for the moment, but I'll go back to Bourjois.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aisoconnor

Penzo16 wrote: »
    Thought it would be nice to use as a daytime foundation but it seems too yellow toned for my skin. If anyone could recommend a nice natural, pink toned foundation for daytime wear, please do let me know :)

I don't know much about the Maybelline foundations but I know they're too pink for me to wear so that could be somewhere to look for a shade match :P I know the regular SuperStay is quite full coverage but not sure about anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I came on here just to rave about the Lush Ultrabland cleanser. By far the best cleanser I've ever used! Its a lovely, balmy, creamy texture and very moisturising, while removing all my make up easily. Its also a hot cloth cleanser (my favourite kind) which means less messing about.

This was my 3rd try at a Lush cleanser, I had previously used Herbalism which I found very drying and a horrible consistency. Ultrabland is definitely my favourite Lush product, bar maybe the toothy tabs and the lip scrub.

Its very reasonably priced, gentle on my skin, and very moisturising. I can't recommend it enough.

I used to love Ultrabland too, haven't gotten it in a while though. I only really used it for taking off my make-up, been using coconut oil recently and it's brilliant at removing mascara and all without too much rubbing :D

Do you find it heavy as a general cleanser? I have oily combination skin so I'm not sure if it'd give me that squeaky clean feeling I usually look for.

Advertisement