Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

2smiggy wrote: »
    i find this unfair and only stayed for a few kills. was boring anyway. the host did give me 15 slabs of red blue and white titanite though ! :eek:

I hate when people do that. Not fair but I guess that's the game - still no fun is it? Are you sure you didn't mean 15 chunks not slabs? Either way that's quite the return!

I finally went platinum last night. Wohoo! Only my second ever but very satisfying. I can prepare to die happy now. Last thing I did was
    give Lord Gwyn's soul up to the Sunlight Alter
    . Seemed a fitting way to end. After all that I didn't know what to do so I just turned, looked at the Sun and wrote "I did it!".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no, 15 slabs of each !! i was just after dying a few times after passing seath , and going for the blue slab across the invisible walkway. then they were just dropped infront of me. i was only after starting the game again on ng++ so i don't have many embers yet.
    still a nice bonus, but he must just be doing the same easy over and over to get so many slabs.

no, 15 slabs of each !! i was just after dying a few times after passing seath , and going for the blue slab across the invisible walkway. then they were just dropped infront of me. i was only after starting the game again on ng++ so i don't have many embers yet.
    still a nice bonus, but he must just be doing the same easy over and over to get so many slabs.
    Bloody hell. That's great! Loads of maxed out weapons to choose from then! How do you think they got so many slabs? Do people drop them when you kill them? I've never had anyone drop anything other than humanity and souls when I kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Issac wrote: »
    i find this unfair and only stayed for a few kills. was boring anyway. the host did give me 15 slabs of red blue and white titanite though ! :eek:

I hate when people do that. Not fair but I guess that's the game - still no fun is it? Are you sure you didn't mean 15 chunks not slabs? Either way that's quite the return!

I finally went platinum last night. Wohoo! Only my second ever but very satisfying. I can prepare to die happy now. Last thing I did was
    give Lord Gwyn's soul up to the Sunlight Alter
    . Seemed a fitting way to end. After all that I didn't know what to do so I just turned, looked at the Sun and wrote "I did it!".

Wow a platinum that is impressive !!

Well done to you Sir....I don't think any future platinums will compare!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It took me two solid months of playing to get a platinum.

It rarely fel like grinding either because some of the faction-related trophies required lots of online play which is always interesting.

EDIT: My first and last platinum though. I doubt another game will get me to do that again.

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    .I don't think any future platinums will compare!
    That's why I did it. I knew it was going to be the most rewarding platinum (for me) of this generation so I stuck it out. GOW3 is my only other.

I've been chipping away at it since November so it's taken me ages too and I agree, it never felt like grinding. Probably not technically the best game I've ever played but it is my favourite.

Now what's next?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Absolutely murdering people in Anor Londo tonight. I actually cancelled one invasion because I took half their energy through their block, felt guilty. Lightning claymore +5 vs drake sword doesn't seem sporting.

What do people reckon is better, dark wood ring and havels ring (for heavier armour) or dark wood ring and ring of favour(with laurtecs armour)? Not sure which trade off is better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

derfderf wrote: »
    I actually cancelled one invasion because I took half their energy through their block, felt guilty. Lightning claymore +5 vs drake sword doesn't seem sporting.

Chicken, t'was but a scratch...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I just set R2 off by putting the controller down. When I was standing in front of Oswald. As he's the guy who would normally forgive you for hitting NPCs by accident it seemd I'm just screwed :mad:. Trying to decide whether to start over or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Morte wrote: »
    I just set R2 off by putting the controller down. When I was standing in front of Oswald. As he's the guy who would normally forgive you for hitting NPCs by accident it seemd I'm just screwed :mad:. Trying to decide whether to start over or not.

If you're only a few hours in, yeah restart.
    However if you put in a fair bit, then I'd continue on - all will be forgiven in NG+.

Level 27, just beat the Capra demon and had started exploring the depths. I think I'll restart, it'll probably go much faster now that I know what I'm doing. I hate missing out on story elements. And of course if the same thing was to happen to an important NPC later on I'd be screwed.

24502d1329586823-got-new-red-eye-intro-tips-farnsworth-good-news.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-31-dark-souls-pc-for-steam-extra-content-for-console

Steam and the DLC is coming to consoles.

$15? Hmm, not entirely sure the additions they have mentioned really seem like they are worth cash money tbh but I guess they were always going to charge something.

EDIT: Okay, so its still GFWL on the boxed retail version and from the EG comments it seems everybody was already expecting a downloadable Steam version to be available regardless but still good news I would have thought.

Level 27, just beat the Capra demon and had started exploring the depths. I think I'll restart, it'll probably go much faster now that I know what I'm doing. I hate missing out on story elements. And of course if the same thing was to happen to an important NPC later on I'd be screwed.

Ya, probably better off starting again. It'll be easier to get back to that point again now that you know the layout of the first area. Oswald is handy later on for a few items and for getting out of covenants etc.

Great news about the DLC for consoles. Artorias of the Abyss eh? I wonder if we get to play as Artorias then or if that's only the name of the expansion? Either way I can't wait. Would need to be a fairly sizable amount of content for $15!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Might be one of the first pieces of DLC I'd actually pay for if there's a decent amount of stuff in there.

great news that the consoles are getting the DLC. Winter is a long way away though !
    wonder how they will work it into existing games ? or will it be for new games only ?

still cannot wait. i have gotten my value out of this many times over , so €12/€15 will be fine with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

IGN wrote:
    Artorias of the Abyss adds more explorable areas, bosses and standard enemy types, non-player characters, armor and weapons

Sounds like it'll be worth it! I saw at least 3 new enemies in the preview vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Glorious! I hope its just an added new area and isnt segregated from the rest of the game. I havent played Dark Souls in ages so this might get me back into it, or may pick up the PC version if its a good port. But Winter is so far away :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Winter is coming.

Issac wrote: »
    Ya, probably better off starting again. It'll be easier to get back to that point again now that you know the layout of the first area. Oswald is handy later on for a few items and for getting out of covenants etc.

Great news about the DLC for consoles. Artorias of the Abyss eh? I wonder if we get to play as Artorias then or if that's only the name of the expansion? Either way I can't wait. Would need to be a fairly sizable amount of content for $15!
    I'm going to restart. This game can be so frustrating at times. I don't mind it being tough but some things are just ridiculous. I'm an adult, sometimes I need to pause the game to answer the door or the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm going to restart. This game can be so frustrating at times. I don't mind it being tough but some things are just ridiculous. I'm an adult, sometimes I need to pause the game to answer the door or the phone.

This I would agree with. I know they want immersion but no pause is going too far imo. One thing that I don't like. I'm sure they could make it so you couldn't pause while in combat or something like that.

danthefan wrote: »
    This I would agree with. I know they want immersion but no pause is going too far imo. One thing that I don't like. I'm sure they could make it so you couldn't pause while in combat or something like that.

Hmmmm.....

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I platinumed this. It required 2 and a half playthroughs and around 100 hours.

I also started a new game to have a go at some early game PVP with a faith build. I am excited but I fear I might be at the point where an new enemy or lick of paint might not be enough to get me going again.

Winter is ages away though so we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The reason the game cant be paused is because of how the online coop and pvp system works. Its drop in drop out so pausing wouldnt work there.

recovered and immediately rested. lost 21 humanity:mad:

This DLC pack also includes more accessible form of player-versus-player content. A new matchmaking system will quickly find other competitors for 1v1, 2v2, and four-player free-for-alls.

from link

sounds great to me, if they just keep it to the one area and not change the PvP setup for the rest of the game.

still wondering if a new character is needed to access the DLC or how it will be implemented. If knew I might start a new faith build for scrapping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

This DLC pack also includes more accessible form of player-versus-player content. A new matchmaking system will quickly find other competitors for 1v1, 2v2, and four-player free-for-alls.
    Sounds like it could be an extra mode as opposed to beign integrated with the single player game as the normal PvP is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I managed to complete this offline, although it nearly cost me my sanity:pac: Anyone else here manage to beat it offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i am an onion

Just bought this game and it is absolutely kicking my ass.

It's so refreshing. :)

Anyone else here manage to beat it offline?
    I did my first playthrough offline. Was too stubborn to ask for help! Was much better craic in NG+ though, playing with other players gave the game a whole different feeling.

Really looking forward to seeing the new content now.

• Advertisement

Just bought this game and it is absolutely kicking my ass.

It's so refreshing. :)

It's a great game. You may need a guide to get through, I know I did! Just to suggest which areas to tackle in which order really. It is easy to go into the wrong area too early and get smashed to bits because you're not leveled up enough.

Advertisement