Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

you can warp out of any bonfire iirc, just can't warp to them all
    ...Apart from the Painted World. Once your're in here you need to finish it and beat the boss before you can leave. No warping out.

Painted world is a good option for you next though Sheehy. Not ridiculously hard and very good part to the game.

Cravez was it you saying about not getting the BSS drop yet? Went into NG+ and got it off the first Balder knight in Undead parish. Have 3 now on this character. Anyone who wants one just ask and I'll pass one on (Xbox). Want to keep my +15 and lightning +5.

Level 100 though so you'd need to be within that summon range

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GK1001 wrote: »
    ...Apart from the Painted World. Once your're in here you need to finish it and beat the boss before you can leave. No warping out.

Painted world is a good option for you next though Sheehy. Not ridiculously hard and very good part to the game.

Cravez was it you saying about not getting the BSS drop yet? Went into NG+ and got it off the first Balder knight in Undead parish. Have 3 now on this character. Anyone who wants one just ask and I'll pass one on (Xbox). Want to keep my +15 and lightning +5.

Level 100 though so you'd need to be within that summon range

Read someplace that the Painted World was a concept/test level for the game so that's why it's so self contained and well designed. It's a fun part of the game aside from the toxic hollows and wheel skeletons though, isn't majorly difficult and can run through it quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

GK1001 wrote: »

Thanks but I'm on PC :)

I'll eventually get one someday and I shall revel in the fury of backstabbing someone while using a hornet ring, laughing manically while I boot them off my impaled swag sword.

Cravez wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm on PC :)

I'll eventually get one someday and I shall revel in the fury of backstabbing someone while using a hornet ring, laughing manically while I boot them off my impaled swag sword.

I prefer the Uchi myself over the BSS but that's just me, at +15 both of them are both crazy good.

Iv tried all the Katana's and definitely they are very good. I'v just heard very good things about the BSS.

Although ironically, in terms of damage output with DEX stat increase, the Great Scythe does the most damage. I remember watching it, I think it was one of Epic Name Bro's videos where they look at Dex weapons.

• Advertisement

Iv tried all the Katana's and definitely they are very good. I'v just heard very good things about the BSS.

Although ironically, in terms of damage output with DEX stat increase, the Great Scythe does the most damage. I remember watching it, I think it was one of Epic Name Bro's videos where they look at Dex weapons.

I never picked that up, it's in the Catacombs I think just never bothered looking for it, that's an area I just fly through to get to Pinwheel then don't bother with the rest of it. Pain in the bollocks of an area and I can never be bothered going getting a divine weapon for it, think I have a club already I just use that on Nito's bodyguards.

Catacombs can be a nightmare but once you know you're way around you're sorted. If I do a normal playthrough, once I reach Firelink shrine I usually run down to the catacombs and grab all the items and gear/kill pinwheel before starting the game overall.

The Great Scythe doesn't even have the best scaling but does the most damage. It also has bleed damage so I think it's why alot of people use it in PvP.

Same, once I land in Firelink I usually head straight for new londo for the firekeeper soul, warp back, head back down, grab the stuff in the Valley and then hit the Catacombs for the kindling rite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Great Scythe is one of the best weapons in the game. It's not all about stats, the moveset and range are fantastic.

I'm struggling to remember where exactly it is but it is possible to just do a suicide run from the Firelink and get it handy enough.

It's near the bonfire behind the secret wall in the Catacombs. Just before you cross the bridge you turn right that leads into a little corridor, on the right in the corridor is a door that's locked until later on and then if you turn left in the corridor you can drop down onto a platform jutting out of the mountain side and then drop down onto another and then you need to drop down into another that leads inside. you'll see a switch and a necromancer but don't drop down you just turn left and it's there.

The ground breaks in a certain part of the room where you land right outside the door that leads to the crypt with the titinate demon.

• Advertisement

It's near the bonfire behind the secret wall in the Catacombs. Just before you cross the bridge you turn right that leads into a little corridor, on the right in the corridor is a door that's locked until later on and then if you turn left in the corridor you can drop down onto a platform jutting out of the mountain side and then drop down onto another and then you need to drop down into another that leads inside. you'll see a switch and a necromancer but don't drop down you just turn left and it's there.

The ground breaks in a certain part of the room where you land right outside the door that leads to the crypt with the titinate demon.
    must try that...don't think I have it...yet another reason to pump more hours in

on another note a mate had an unusual story from last playing last night...said he was helping this dude with Seath and the guy got killed by one of the Clams on the way (a Clam!!!) and my mate gets a meassage from the dude giving him abuse for not waiting to help him kill the clams...then he asks for help with Nito so my mate says fvck it why not...yer man goes in without a divine weapon draws the large skeletons on them and they got over-run...another abusive message blaming the death on my mate...first time I've heard a story of unjolly co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got my Fury Sword, killed Sif (cool boss!) headed to new londo ruins, killeed a load of ghosts, drained the water and came to a huge blob thing and got killed by some evil knight dudes. Looking up, apparently I was right before the abyss and the 4 kings, balls! So, the closest binfire to the 4 kings is firelink shrine? Balls of a trek to learn a bosses strategy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Got my Fury Sword, killed Sif (cool boss!) headed to new londo ruins, killeed a load of ghosts, drained the water and came to a huge blob thing and got killed by some evil knight dudes. Looking up, apparently I was right before the abyss and the 4 kings, balls! So, the closest binfire to the 4 kings is firelink shrine? Balls of a trek to learn a bosses strategy.

Once you have the water drained, there is a short cut.
    Once you cross the bridge(planks of wood), instead of going up, go to the right - you can jump down here and you aren't too far away from the Four Kings.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Once you have the water drained, there is a short cut.
    Once you cross the bridge(planks of wood), instead of going up, go to the right - you can jump down here and you aren't too far away from the Four Kings.

Excellent, thank you sir! I remember kicking a ladder down on my travels but not sure what that was for either.

Where you first enter the area across the bridge and the very first ghosts you encounter, head diagonally right and drop down, there's a darkwraith down there, you can leg it past, up the stairs, dodge the other one and hang an immediate left and it'll put your right at the fog gate.

The Four Kings can either be a cakewalk or a gigantic pain in the balls, I'd recommend tanking up with the heaviest armour you have, the hardest hitting weapon and just laying into them. It's a brilliant fight and has more epic music, don't bother summoning anyone as it just makes them way harder.

Wow 4 kings kinda suck. I went to buy Iron Flesh but noticed the fire guy is missing. Looking it up, I said yes to one of his questions and now he f*cked off. Just lovely. Think I'll head back to blighttown and get power within.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wow 4 kings kinda suck. I went to buy Iron Flesh but noticed the fire guy is missing. Looking it up, I said yes to one of his questions and now he f*cked off. Just lovely. Think I'll head back to blighttown and get power within.

If people haven't told you already..

You need to go in two-handed and forget about your shield - its all about dealing damage as fast as possible. The lightning spear you found in Sen's Fortress is perfect for the job.

You try to stay behind him, and very close to him, keep trying to sidestep him, bang-bang then move etc. Its tough because of his one-hot grab mainly, I find its difficult to get hit by their longer range plasma-like attack when you are that close (or maybe thats because he doesn;t do it when you are that close? I forget).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How I did it. Tank the **** up. Equip Havels entire armour set, wade in and **** **** up by just swinging your sword at them like a mad bastard. Take a sip of estus when you need up, you'll have so much poise in that armour set that you'll just shrug off any hits whille drinking estus. You'll be a lumbering awkward death dealing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How I did it. Tank the **** up. Equip Havels entire armour set, wade in and **** **** up by just swinging your sword at them like a mad bastard. Take a sip of estus when you need up, you'll have so much poise in that armour set that you'll just shrug off any hits whille drinking estus. You'll be a lumbering awkward death dealing machine.

That didn't work for me I have to say. Found the set too slow and I was damn near dead by the time I got to him so I personally went for a balance.

Do everything possible to increase your attack output though. Lightning Spear, power within as you said OP, maybe magic weapon too although I am unsure if that can be added to the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did you meet Witch Beatrice? She can help for that fight, but I think you would have had to have summoned her previously
    during the moonlight butterfly fight
    She does a good job distracting the kings and can do a bit of damage when she feels like it.

• Advertisement

Agree with Havel's set, it's in Anor Londo if you haven't gotten it before now. Tank up, no shield, get power within or iron flesh, either or will do. And just keep battering, when you kill each king keep hitting too as the damage you deal with count towards the remaining health bar even when its in it's death animation. The best strategy is to take them out quick and not let more than one be in there at once otherwise they'll destroy you.

Any excuse to have the boss music as well, it's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

krudler wrote: »
    Agree with Havel's set, it's in Anor Londo if you haven't gotten it before now. Tank up, no shield, get power within or iron flesh, either or will do. And just keep battering, when you kill each king keep hitting too as the damage you deal with count towards the remaining health bar even when its in it's death animation. The best strategy is to take them out quick and not let more than one be in there at once otherwise they'll destroy you.

Any excuse to have the boss music as well, it's brilliant

not when you hear it 40 times over :p

Cheers lads, yeah have havels set. Gonna get power within before trying them again.

Cheers lads, yeah have havels set. Gonna get power within before trying them again.

You could go the other route and use light armour and dodge a lot, if you get behind one of the kings you can dish out plenty of damage before it turns around. You should definitely get the DLC, it has four bosses, and two of them are the probably the best in the game, the areas are great too, a high traffic invasion/summon spot and loads of cool enemies.

I'm gonna get it after I clear dark souls, determined to finish it!

Oh, yeah summoned the witch before, will definitely give her a go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

don't summon her
    shes absolutely useless in that fight and all she does is give the 4kings more hp because its coop

do it alone and tank it thats the best option, full havel set, that red tearstone ring and havels ring , too hand attack everytime and pull out the shield everytime your running towards one of them

their easy too tank
    I wouldn't bother with iron flesh personally because if you kill the first one too fast the second one will be able too get alot of blows against you before you can freely run again

or if you want too try it the way I did on my first run, go completely naked, no armour, 2h sword and dodge dodge dodge
    took me about 30-40 trys too beat them this way (im useless at picking up their attack patterns) but ever since I learned what way they attack I have not lost a fight since

ng+ is a different story though...

You're actually better off getting the DLC before you finish the game, it's incorporated seamlessly into it, it's not a separate game or chapter it's just an area that in typical Dark Souls fashion gives you zero clue on how to actually access the bloody thing once you pay for it :pac: You can only access the DLC once you have the Lord Vessel anyway so it you finish it you'll either have to start a new game and beat O&S again, or NG+ it, and beat O&S again, but in harder mode :D

It's genuinely the best part of the game too, the fight against Artorias is amazing.

Anyone at SL1 or around there and want to assist with o&s.

Gamer tag gk1001 xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any tips for defeating Quelaag as a pyromancer? I have the Uchi, but I'm only doing about 15 damage a hit.

Was going to get the BSS once I clear Sens, so didn't want to waste titanite on Uchi or time farming the swag sword without the Gold Ring. Am I better farming with my humanity scaling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I was getting a yellow light of death on my PS3 so sent it in for repair for a week (Incidentally these guys are awesome). After spending a week trying to kill the Four Kings on my SL1 run before I sent it off, I slaughtered them on my first try once I got it back. Welcome home Dark Souls xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

Advertisement