Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just beat the game but Solaire's summon sign didn't appear before the last boss for some reason. I unlocked the shortcut, killed red eyed bug, killed centipede demon and talked to him at the bonfire and it still didn't work :/

Did you talk to him everywhere you seen him, excluding Lost Izalith?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did you talk to him everywhere you seen him, excluding Lost Izalith?

Crap, I didn't see him at the sunlight altar :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im pretty sure you can skip him at the sunlight altar.. i've definitely read that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

krudler wrote: »
    Honestly that's one of the toughest sections of the game, the Undead Burg and Parish are where I died more than anywhere else, once you start levelling up and upgrading your weapons it gets easier.

Well until it gets harder again, but for a while there you're grand like :pac:

Yeah think I mentioned before when I started , getting to the blacksmiths bonfire and celebrating with Miss Calex with cuddles and hi-5's after who knows how many attempts and forgetting to actually sit at the bastard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

He most likely was attacked by the Sunlight Maggots in Lost Izalith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ShaneU wrote: »
    Crap, I didn't see him at the sunlight altar :(

I'm not positive on it, I thought you had to talk to him everywhere to have the sign appear, but I might be wrong too. Google or wikia is probably a good bet

You just have to save him from the Sunlight Maggots in Lost Izalith for his sign to appear for Gywn boss fight.

1392744614944.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think this game has beaten me :( I must have fought O&S 100 times. I can get the final guy down to a few hits left but end up dying. I know it's doable but getting to a point where I would rather spend my limited gaming time on something else. Looking up walkthroughs, youtubers seem to have miles better weapons than me (I think whoever said about the Drake sword being a crutch was right as I never really upgraded me weapons, other than the Uchi which is pointless in this fight.)

I was really enjoying the game up to this point an all. I'm still determined to beat them but the motivation goes down with every loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think this game has beaten me :( I must have fought O&S 100 times. I can get the final guy down to a few hits left but end up dying. I know it's doable but getting to a point where I would rather spend my limited gaming time on something else. Looking up walkthroughs, youtubers seem to have miles better weapons than me (I think whoever said about the Drake sword being a crutch was right as I never really upgraded me weapons, other than the Uchi which is pointless in this fight.)

I was really enjoying the game up to this point an all. I'm still determined to beat them but the motivation goes down with every loss.

If im being honest O&S is nigh on impossible on your first run through, Ive never beaten them alone on my first character run.

Can you go human and see if you can find a summon sign?
    Solaire's summon sign is on the stairs with the Silver Knight, before the Fog Gate

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    If im being honest O&S is nigh on impossible on your first run through, Ive never beaten them alone on my first character run.

Can you go human and see if you can find a summon sign?
    Solaire's summon sign is on the stairs with the Silver Knight, before the Fog Gate

No Humanity I'm afraid. I used it up summoning him already but kept trying to kill Smough first while he always went for O and ended up getting killed. Don't care about O's armour anymore, I would kill someone for 1 humanity to try again.

What armor, weapons and equipment are you using at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bite the bullet and head back to the berg. farm the rats under the dragon for humanity.

go the forest with the crest , farm the dudes here for souls , upgrade weapons and stats . you should have quallags soul. look at upgrading the fury sword. you will need to get some kind of sword that i cannot remember off hand to +10, then take to giant blacksmith in anor londo. you can buy twinkling titanite in sens fortress. maybe off giant blacksmith as well

Cravez wrote: »
    What armor, weapons and equipment are you
    using at the moment?

Mmmmm I have a mix of armour white night, elite knight, havels armour thiefs armour. I basically have my load at 25% so I can dodge quickly. I am using the demons spear with electricity, only weapon I have that does proper damage to them (and anyone else) Using havels ring and the ring that boosts hp stamina, etc and breaks if you take it off
    2smiggy wrote: »
    bite the bullet and head back to the berg. farm the rats under the dragon for humanity.

go the forest with the crest , farm the dudes here for souls , upgrade weapons and stats . you should have quallags soul. look at upgrading the fury sword. you will need to get some kind of sword that i cannot remember off hand to +10, then take to giant blacksmith in anor londo. you can buy twinkling titanite in sens fortress. maybe off giant blacksmith as well

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to. Is the fury sword the one on fire that I see in all the online vids? How do I get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,224 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vicxas wrote: »

It took more deaths any any other boss in the game (Four Kings comes close) but I did beat them on my first playthrough solo.

The fact I kept coming back for more just shows how great the game is.

I don't spose there is a shortcut back from anor londo? I remember getting dropped off by a bat, I take it another one will carry me back?

Mmmmm I have a mix of armour white night, elite knight, havels armour thiefs armour. I basically have my load at 25% so I can dodge quickly. I am using the demons spear with electricity, only weapon I have that does proper damage to them (and anyone else) Using havels ring and the ring that boosts hp stamina, etc and breaks if you take it off

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to. Is the fury sword the one on fire that I see in all the online vids? How do I get that?

here

ya it's good with dex, and scales with humanity. good , fast powerful sword

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I don't spose there is a shortcut back from anor londo? I remember getting dropped off by a bat, I take it another one will carry me back?

run back to the very start of the level, the same bats will carry you back yeah

although once you finish anor londo shortcuts no longer become much of an issue

Okay, gonna try again a few times tonight and if no luck, then so begins my quest backwards! Might just get humanity though as I think I could beat them with solair and another human. For the fury sword, I will have to upgrade a curved sword to +10 first. I have a Shotel +0 at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

run back to the very start of the level, the same bats will carry you back yeah

although once you finish anor londo shortcuts no longer become much of an issue

is it possible too get out of anor lando once you go their? before killing s+o
    I thought you couldn't

• Advertisement

not sure when the elevator opens in sens fortress ,
    you will see a cage near the top which takes you back to the bottom, you will have to look up the key

makes life easier though !!

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    is it possible too get out of anor lando once you go their? before killing s+o
    I thought you couldn't

no you can head back no bother, just a long trek !!

I just read that if you leave a 'need humanity' message and someone rates it plus 1, you get a humanity! I have been seeing those around but just kept thinking 'don't we all brother!' and running along.

I just read that if you leave a 'need humanity' message and someone rates it plus 1, you get a humanity! I have been seeing those around but just kept thinking 'don't we all brother!' and running along.

i don't think so, i think you may just get another flask. It would be handy though. if you feel like murdering the lad who sells faith miracles at the firelink, think he drops 5 humanity to get you started

2smiggy wrote: »
    i don't think so, i think you may just get another flask. It would be handy though. if you feel like murdering the lad who sells faith miracles at the firelink, think he drops 5 humanity to get you started

Ah okay, have no use for faith miracles meself. I saw if I wait around long enough, I get extra flasks, got 3 last night. I'm guessing other people are giving them to me but I never left messages or anything.

Ah okay, have no use for faith miracles meself. I saw if I wait around long enough, I get extra flasks, got 3 last night. I'm guessing other people are giving them to me but I never left messages or anything.

kill the fire keeper at the first bonfire in anor lando
    think she gives 5 humanity as well
    shes useless to be honest, that bonfire is no use once you get too the second

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Alleged serial killer Miranda Harbour apparently liked Dark Souls. Not one to be unattentive to important details, Fox News picked up on it and included it in their coverage. Because of course they did.

Bg2aS1iCIAEtHNK.jpg

Video of the report http://video.foxnews.com/v/3225395298001/any-truth-to-craiglist-killers-shocking-confession/#sp=show-clips Got to love Fox eh, good promotion in a very dark way for DS2.

Xenji wrote: »
    Alleged serial killer Miranda Harbour apparently liked Dark Souls. Not one to be unattentive to important details, Fox News picked up on it and included it in their coverage. Because of course they did.

Bg2aS1iCIAEtHNK.jpg

Video of the report http://video.foxnews.com/v/3225395298001/any-truth-to-craiglist-killers-shocking-confession/#sp=show-clips Got to love Fox eh, good promotion in a very dark way for DS2.

explains all the invaders murdering me
    their all bleedin psychopaths

I'm sorry, but any real Dark Souls players would just not have the time to go on an actual killing spree when they're trying to farm souls and humanity so they can finally beat O&S!!

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    kill the fire keeper at the first bonfire in anor lando
    think she gives 5 humanity as well
    shes useless to be honest, that bonfire is no use once you get too the second

Thanks man, first thing im gonna do tonight. Will give me 5 goes at a bit of co-op.

Advertisement