Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks man, first thing im gonna do tonight. Will give me 5 goes at a bit of co-op.

Ok heres two ways of getting humanity in anor lando

1. Kill the npc at the 1st bonfire in anor lando

she drops a fire keeper soul (if you use this fire keeper soul you'll get 5 humanity) if you don't use it an hold onto it, you can upgrade your flasks by visiting another fire keeper which in turn could give you more health per flask used.

2. This entirely depends on if you let the Knight Lautrec of Carim free at the 1st bell in the church

He kills the fire keeper at the firelink shrine (where you first started) shes located right below the bonfire (theirs a few steps infront of the bonfire shes right beside them) if you picked up her stuff, well then you would of picked up this thing called a "black eye orb"

this black eye orb is used later in anor lando, where you currently are now.
    Go too the area just before the boss is and where the big giants are
    click use on the black eye orb and then it will make you invade the Knight Lautrec in a different world

YOU DON'T HAVE TOO BE HUMAN TOO INVADE HIM

you can invade him as many times as you like until you kill him,
    you can't heal while in his world, he also has 2 other npcs defending him, ones a mage the other is a greatsword knight

you only need too kill Lautrec then you will return too your own world, you don't have too kill all 3 of them

a strategic I use is running back too one of the stair cases so only one can come at you at a time, try dodging the mage attacks as he hits quite high and their unblockable too some degree

one you kill him you'll get 5 humanity, as well as the fire keeper soul (which belongs too the fire keeper at the firelink shrine) you can choose again whether too use this fire keeper soul to gain an additional 5 humanity (so 10humanity) or give it back too the fire keeper at the firelink shrine so you can use the bonfire at the firelink shrine
    or again use it too boost your flasks

If your on xbox I can help, just tell me your sl

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Knight+Lautrec

theirs his story above ^^ incase I explained it badly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,557 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man! Yupp, killed lautrec already in his world but fully intend to restore the firelink keeper. I will return to anor londo for the painted world down the line but I'm eyeing up the anor londo firekeeper like lautrec was the firelink one! I'm on ps3 level around 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Thanks man! Yupp, killed lautrec already in his world but fully intend to restore the firelink keeper. I will return to anor londo for the painted world down the line but I'm eyeing up the anor londo firekeeper like lautrec was the firelink one! I'm on ps3 level around 42.

Keep forgetting your ps3 I think I asked you a few times already :pac: best of luck :D s+o are my favourite boss battle hard too beat but theirs a strategy to beating them on your own, just try line them up
    try summon 2 players too help you and message them who you want too kill first
    saves you guys splitting up

its very easy when 2+players are focusing on only 1 of them because the other boss ai gets confused anyway

Ok, killed the firekeeper, which I felt bad about, and got 5 humanity. I had it in my head u would get 5 seperate ones so now if I die once im goosed. About ti reverse hollowing, hopefully summon a few peeps and pray I don't get invaded. Come at me O&S!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

**** you O&S you can suck my balls!

Summoned some guy who got killed by first silver knight....what!

killed all guys so it wouldnt happen again. Summoned another guy, then I magically got an extra 3 flasks. Summoned solaire and killed both s and o in about 2 mins. Pity we killed smough second so won't get the cool armour but im just so happy to be past it. I love this game!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

**** you O&S you can suck my balls!

Summoned some guy who got killed by first silver knight....what!

killed all guys so it wouldnt happen again. Summoned another guy, then I magically got an extra 3 flasks. Summoned solaire and killed both s and o in about 2 mins. Pity we killed smough second so won't get the cool armour but im just so happy to be past it. I love this game!!

Thats a major hump gotten over , should be smooth sailing for another while now. Where to next?

I remember having all sorts of bother getting into that area where you are outside and the knights shooting arrows at you from the ledge. Lost mucho souls before working out how to get them.

After talking to the very cool Gwyn, I WARPED :eek: straight back to Firelink Shrine, got your wan's soul back. Big Hat couldn't teach me any spells, probably Intelligence too low? Does he teach Soul Arrow, that looks like it could be handy.

Talked to weird dinosaur guy and got dropped down below, placed the lord vessel and called it a night. Any point offering souls to the lord vessel? Lautrecs armour looks class, not the best tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

calex71 wrote: »
    Thats a major hump gotten over , should be smooth sailing for another while now. Where to next?

I remember having all sorts of bother getting into that area where you are outside and the knights shooting arrows at you from the ledge. Lost mucho souls before working out how to get them.

Next boss is Four Kings!

I found that INCREDIBLY frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Or.... he can be a complete Masochist and do the DLC first :P (if he has the Prepare to Die Edition). Where basically every boss sh!ts on you 10x over compared to Ornstein and Smough.

If you do the DLC first you'll get alternative cut scene with Sif.

Or alternatively complete the game without doing the DLC and then restart a new game and do the DLC before getting any of the Lord Souls.

Don't have the DLC. I read the next step is Darkroot Garden through that door you have to buy a crest for. If so I might take a detour down to Darkroot Basin and bate the hydra dragon first for some payback!

• Advertisement

After talking to the very cool Gwyn, I WARPED :eek: straight back to Firelink Shrine, got your wan's soul back. Big Hat couldn't teach me any spells, probably Intelligence too low? Does he teach Soul Arrow, that looks like it could be handy.

Talked to weird dinosaur guy and got dropped down below, placed the lord vessel and called it a night. Any point offering souls to the lord vessel? Lautrecs armour looks class, not the best tho.

Yeah you need high INT for Big Hat's Spells. But in the Duke's Archives he will sell them to you regardless of your INT. You'll need decent INT stat to cast them anyway.

You need to place Lord Souls in the Vessel so you need to defeat Seath, Nito, 4 Kings & The Bed of Chaos.

Weapons in this game are more important than armor, use armor that you particularly like using rather than the particular stats. You could complete the game completely naked if you wanted but a good weapon will always be useful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,921 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't have the DLC. I read the next step is Darkroot Garden through that door you have to buy a crest for. If so I might take a detour down to Darkroot Basin and bate the hydra dragon first for some payback!

Sif is there. Don't go near Sif until you have beaten the DLC.

Seriously get the DLC, it's amazing.

Its almost as good as the Valkyria Chronicles Selvaria DLC!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya get the DLC , you are now close to being able to go to do it, also do painted world if you have not done that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I keep forgetting I have the DLC...

I'm on my new game plus currently.. should I tackle it like that or create a new build?

Okay, if I get the DLC and do that before Sif, will I be cursing ye all for being stuck on bosses when O&S gave me a lot of trouble :). I'm level 43 at the moment, would I be underpowered for the DLC at this point?

I think next thing I'm gonna do is level up a curved sword to +10 and turn it into the Fury Sword.

i think you will definitely struggle at level 43, but do the things to open it up, go in there , and you can always warp out , but i think you have to beat the first boss in order to use the warp. it is not long before you meet him :p , and he is angry !! someone else will tell you if you have to pass the boss first to warp

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

2smiggy wrote: »
    i think you will definitely struggle at level 43, but do the things to open it up, go in there , and you can always warp out , but i think you have to beat the first boss in order to use the warp. it is not long before you meet him :p , and he is angry !! someone else will tell you if you have to pass the boss first to warp

I think you can warp in and out of the garden entrance before the guardian, definitely can after him anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can warp out of any bonfire iirc, just can't warp to them all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,921 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think you should be going to Seath anyway which is where you unlock the DLC after beating the Hydra so probably worth beating Seath first. You can definitely warp out of the garden entrance if the first boss of the DLC scares you.

• Advertisement

Which he will :P. Sanctuary Guardian gave me more grief than Ornstein & Smough. He's just completely relentless and very aggressive. Learning how to dodge is the most important part of the DLC imo. Unless you carry a greatshield w/ a ton of stamina you're just going to be completely barraged by attacks and be mincemeat if you block with anything less for most of the bosses.

At level 40 something, i doubt he has enough strength to use a great shield. Ya , the bosses are fairly relentless , especially the guardian and Atorias.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you can roll with good timing the DLC shouldn't be a problem really, it'll just take a while to beat the bosses. I died more times from the bloat heads than I did Artorias or Manus, on a light build.

The chasm of the abyss is also the best place in the game to farm humanity if you'll be needing some for that furysword

Yeah, not the best at dodging attacks yet, I have Havels shield which is class but nowhere near being able to use it. I think I'll push on with the story while I still have a small bit of hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, not the best at dodging attacks yet, I have Havels shield which is class but nowhere near being able to use it. I think I'll push on with the story while I still have a small bit of hope :)

Pump up your endurance to help dodge, and use havel's ring, you'll be dodging enemies easy. go back and fight O&S again for easy souls too let yourself be summoned a few times and you'll be fighting them like this

3zFiDBy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Wow, Yahtzee likes Dark Souls. He slated Demons Souls and gave Dark Souls short shrift when he attempted to play it on release.

He even compared it to his all time favourites of Half Life and Silent Hill 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

penev10 wrote: »
    Wow, Yahtzee likes Dark Souls. He slated Demons Souls and gave Dark Souls short shrift when he attempted to play it on release.

He even compared it to his all time favourites of Half Life and Silent Hill 2!

Glad he gave it a good try.

Was he referring to Taurus Demon or the Gargoyles when he mentioned a really tough early boss?

• Advertisement

gargoyles, cos two of his little black demons appeared on screen, one after the other

Advertisement