Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Finally got to gravelord fella and died from the fall, aw man!

Edit: yaaaa F U Nito!

Keep a mental note of the area right before you enter the fog door, can be a good farming spot, due to those respawning skeletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Whats the deal with that Coconut?>

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, honestly didn't know if the coconut video was a spoof mod or not?

Dukes Archives is cool, was enjoying it until I got invaded while taking on a room of crystal fellas and soul arrow fellas, did not end well for me, [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL]!

I did finally get my strength up to 30, the greatshields are class!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't tell me you guys never used the coconut? Oh man

noodler wrote: »

It's for making Pina Colada :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

calex71 wrote: »
    It's for making Pina Colada :pac:

In the Lord Vessel :p:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mango heretics!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Still none the wiser!

PC feckers ruining the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

noodler wrote: »
    You put the lime in the coconut and mix em both together
    Put the lime in the coconut and you feel better

Bate Seath senseless, headed off to demon ruins and waltzed through it, slapping everyone silly! 1st go'd the demon firesage, glad I fought his brother from undead asylum first.

The paths then branched out But I found the next bonfire. I don't think I reached lost izalith yet, dunno who the boss is or what to expect but the end is creeping ever closer.

• Advertisement

Reading up on npc's after freeing big hat from the prison, i saw for Solaire to finish his story, I have to offer your one 30 souls to open the shortcut and kill some bugs. I really want to see his story all the way through as the big bubbly armour fellas story bugged on me.

If I put on item booster ring and warp to the depths, is that the best place to farm humanity off rats?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's an area in the catacombs that's better, loads of tiny skeletons..just before the boss gate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would it be recommended to play Demon's Souls before Dark Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Would it be recommended to play Demon's Souls before Dark Souls?

I'd recommend playing Dark Souls and if you like it get Demons. Dark is a more polished game and is less frustrating.

there's an area in the catacombs that's better, loads of tiny skeletons..just before the boss gate

Ah those creepy baby skeletons? Cool will try that Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah those creepy baby skeletons? Cool will try that Thanks!

If you have the DLC (If you don't, get it), the Chasm of the Abyss is the best spot for humanity farming. The baby skeletons humanity drop disappears quickly if you keep killing them

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Reading up on npc's after freeing big hat from the prison, i saw for Solaire to finish his story, I have to offer your one 30 souls to open the shortcut and kill some bugs. I really want to see his story all the way through as the big bubbly armour fellas story bugged on me.

If I put on item booster ring and warp to the depths, is that the best place to farm humanity off rats?

For now, yes, but the best place is in the abyss below Oolacile (if you have the DLC. Alternatively, when you have the Lordvessel, go to where the golden fog down in the Demon Ruins is, go right and down the branches to a gigantic door (this is the shortcut that opens with +2 Chaos Servant) and breathe poison or toxic mist through the door. Hopefully you'll poison something that when it dies it gives you 100 souls. Solaire is now saved.

Killed centipede demon and had a chat with solaire, definitely not going further until the bugs are dead. I heard that alright about trying to hit the bugs through the door. I have 10 humanties given to your wan, was farming rats, got 4 after about 4 runs and then a fecker invaded me! Kicked his arse though, better feeling then killing any boss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I got this recently but haven't started it yet. Any quick pointers for a new beginner? It's sitting on my shelf taunting me to start it.

I got this recently but haven't started it yet. Any quick pointers for a new beginner? It's sitting on my shelf taunting me to start it.

Take it slow, go to the undead burg first (up the steps behind you when you land in Lordran). Don't be afraid of messing up a build and restarting the game, I doubt many people have completed it with their first run through

This thread has lots of help for new players, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for a new player, so spoilers aren't a big deal. Or so I found.

• Advertisement

I only started this last month and there are very helpful tips from lads on here so ask a question if you have any!

I used a vid from YouTube about getting good gear in the first 15 minutes. I found it great as I got a class sword and Shield that helped me out while I was still learning about the game.

Oh, look up about adding your estus flask (health drink) to your quick inventory When you get it. Would have got me past the first boss much quicker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Don't put a single point into resistance. If you wanna be a sorcerer, there's a stairs near the bonfire in Firelink that leads to an elevator, and around the corner from the bottom of the elevator there's a stairs with a guy that'll sell you sorcery and upgrade your weapons to the Magic path. Knock em dead!

If someone invades and kills you, do you lose all your humanity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You'll only lose your souls + humanity as usual like you do in any other way. You just have to go back to your bloodstain to retrieve your humanity/souls.

The only exception is if a Darkwraith uses their Dark Hand on you. You can lose anywhere from 1 to 10 humanity in one go (depending on their rank in the covenant) if they successfully grab you with the Dark Hand.

Ah right, so no biggie if an invader kills me I can get my humanity back, Good to know thanks man! I was gonna bank my H at the fair lady in case I got invade but I read having 10 humanity will bost your item discovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ah right, so no biggie if an invader kills me I can get my humanity back, Good to know thanks man! I was gonna bank my H at the fair lady in case I got invade but I read having 10 humanity will bost your item discovery.

Yep having 10 soft humanity + the gold covetous serpent ring gives you the max item discovery rate of 410.

Don't choose the master key on your first build! Blightown is a sadistic cruelty, but no area deserves to be skipped

Cravez wrote: »
    Yep having 10 soft humanity + the gold covetous serpent ring gives you the max item discovery rate of 410.

Whats that old saying????? "It takes humanity to make humanity" :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pEqKsyU.jpg

• Advertisement

Peter Serafinowicz, voice actor in Dark Souls 2 (he loved Dark Souls so much he contacted Konami asking for a part in DS2) summed it up perfectly for me. "Dark Souls has ruined every other game for me"

Advertisement