Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I was getting a yellow light of death on my PS3 so sent it in for repair for a week (Incidentally these guys are awesome). After spending a week trying to kill the Four Kings on my SL1 run before I sent it off, I slaughtered them on my first try once I got it back. Welcome home Dark Souls xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

congrats on beating them at SL1. That is exactly where my save is as a level one Cleric. Might finish it someday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

GK1001 wrote: »
    ...Apart from the Painted World. Once your're in here you need to finish it and beat the boss before you can leave. No warping out.

True you can't warp out.
    False, you can just walk past the boss without engaging her and leave. She's completely optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

GK1001 wrote: »
    Anyone at SL1 or around there and want to assist with o&s.

Gamer tag gk1001 xbox

I'll add you, Astro Lube 2K, and see if I can get on tonight with my SL1 and help out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

In light of recent conversations I made a gif (my first one) to give useful tips on dodging :P

1zfYRX.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Using power within, havels set, double handing demons spear+3, grass crest shield on my back to increase stamina regen...

I can get 4 kings down to half strength using all my estus. I tried fury sword but demons spear does more damage. This is gonna be a tough one.

Whats your STR/DEX?

It might be worth getting the Zweihander or another strong sword and using that (also upgrading it).

Fire/Divine does the most damage against the Four Kings so if you have Pyromancy use that or if you have a divine or fire weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Cravez wrote: »
    In light of recent conversations I made a gif (my first one) to give useful tips on dodging :P

1zfYRX.gif

Just beat him solo on my SL1, and this was a very hard lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

never could a gif sum up so much of dark souls...

AlAa5G8.gif

Whats your STR/DEX?

It might be worth getting the Zweihander or another strong sword and using that (also upgrading it).

Fire/Divine does the most damage against the Four Kings so if you have Pyromancy use that or if you have a divine or fire weapon.

My str is 21 and dex 22 I think. Went to the painted world, collected a lot of loot, just need to get to the boss. Then might level my str a bit. I have the fire fury sword and lightning demons spear. I have fire ball, fire orb and chaos fireball. Think I got acid something spell from painted world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    My str is 21 and dex 22 I think. Went to the painted world, collected a lot of loot, just need to get to the boss. Then might level my str a bit. I have the fire fury sword and lightning demons spear. I have fire ball, fire orb and chaos fireball. Think I got acid something spell from painted world.

Pump up that dex, if you need a handy soul farming spot then warm to the princess chamber and keep farming the knights outside where the fog gate for O&S was, handy few thousand souls every time.

Do you have combustions pyromancies? If you have the following items I would recommend going in with:
    - Crown of Dusk: Boosts Magic Power
    - Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Boosts Magic Power.
    - Equip Havels Arms, Leg & Chest
    - Crest Shield. High Magic Defence.

Equip Combustions and Power Within for your pyromancies. Using Power Within with Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest ring you will be outputting a ton of fire damage. Block their ranged attack with Crest Shield. Get close and then use combustions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow I thought I was the only one that ever happened to :D

Once happened me solo , second time the lad I summoned got nailed on the way in through the fog.

Do you have combustions pyromancies? If you have the following items I would recommend going in with:
    - Crown of Dusk: Boosts Magic Power
    - Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Boosts Magic Power.
    - Equip Havels Arms, Leg & Chest
    - Crest Shield. High Magic Defence.

Equip Combustions and Power Within for your pyromancies. Using Power Within with Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest ring you will be outputting a ton of fire damage. Block their ranged attack with Crest Shield. Get close and then use combustions.

I don't think I have combustion, will have to check. I don't have crown of dusk or bellowing dragoncrest. I wasnt blocking any hits so maybe i need to defend a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

That exact thing happened me last week. I thought id have time for an estus flask then smack in the back of the head

Got to the boss of the painted world, walked around her before talking to her before my guy jumped off the edge. Can I get back to fight her?

Also, I killed the dragon on the bridge and continued on to find a ....thing. I left it alone and turned back. Was that something i could have fought?

I pumpedup dex 3 levels but wishu concentratedon strength to hold a great shield

Got to the boss of the painted world, walked around her before talking to her before my guy jumped off the edge. Can I get back to fight her?

Also, I killed the dragon on the bridge and continued on to find a ....thing. I left it alone and turned back. Was that something i could have fought?

I pumpedup dex 3 levels but wishu concentratedon strength to hold a great shield

Yep you can still go back, just warp to the fire in the Painted World or go back via the Painting.

I dont think there is anything beyong the undead dragon, I think it was just the rest of its body.

you'll know from your first playthrough what you will want on your second playthrough (more strength, more dex, less strength, more Intelligence etc). So just enjoy your first playthrough for what it is, experimenting was one of the fun things about Dark Souls.

If was probably the dragons body, you can actually get it to stand up and run under it if you hit it with a strong attack, one of those weird Dark Souls things heh.

Agree with what Cravez said about your first playthrough, experiment, make mistakes, take note of stuff you miss and want to get on the 2nd playthrough. Whether you start a fresh game or go into NG+ it's all much more accessible the 2nd time around and way more fun. Think of this as your practice run :pac:

My stats were all over the place on my first run too, tried to balance everything but you're better off picking a build type and going with that, high Dex and End is the way to go, leaping all over the place, massive stamina bar and with the right weapons you're a wrecking machine, was definitely my favourite build.

Decided to forget about the 4 kings for now and went exploring. Fought the Stray Demon who I avoided last time. Wandered down to the catacombs, and enjoying clearing out the skeletons. Badly need some demon titanite to upgrade my demons spear to +5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Badly need some demon titanite to upgrade my demons spear to +5.
    Trade stuff to Snuggly for 2 easy ones (Prism Stone and Dung Pie, the female merchant sells them). Otherwise its the Prowling Demons (Parish, Catacombs and there's a few at the bottom of Sens).

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Trade stuff to Snuggly for 2 easy ones (Prism Stone and Dung Pie, the female merchant sells them). Otherwise its the Prowling Demons (Parish, Catacombs and there's a few at the bottom of Sens).

haha yeah, looked up snuggly to see and got 2 off him. Looks like I will come up against one in the catacombs so. Aw man, I fell down to see multiple ones at the bottom of sens before. Now that looks like a tough fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

haha yeah, looked up snuggly to see and got 2 off him. Looks like I will come up against one in the catacombs so. Aw man, I fell down to see multiple ones at the bottom of sens before. Now that looks like a tough fight!
    Did you get the rusty ring after you fought the Stray Demon? That lets you move normally in the mud down there.

Prowling Demons are quite handy once you stay beside their left arm as they find it hard to hit you and you can get a few cheap shots in. Just roll when he swings his big wide attack and then leg it when he jumps up.

The one in the Catacombs is a pain though as you don't have any room to maneuver.

Yeah, got the ring before but avoided the stray demon as I had read about him. It's mad, I thought he was impossible the first 5 -6 times I fought him as I just kept getting hit by magic from every direction. After about 15 goes, I wished he'd now re-spawn so I could fight him for a laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The prowling demons in Sens are actually grand to fight. Theres plenty of space to leg it when they get too close and its handy to avoid the attacks behind pillars. Theres little safe spot tucked up behind a corner to estus and gather yourself if you do get a hammering

Cool might head back there after the catacombs so, give em a lash!

Cool might head back there after the catacombs so, give em a lash!

Just get in close and stay on their left side, easy peasy. The catacombs is a sh1te area I just go there to fight Pinwheel (easiest boss in the game if you go there later on).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The four kings are usually one of the last bosses I go for. I'd normally go for Seath next. You're probably just under levelled for the 4 kings so take on the Catacombs/Giants Tombs and Seath first. Hell I'd even through in lost Izalith as well.

Edit: For for god's sake buy the DLC!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The four kings are usually one of the last bosses I go for. I'd normally go for Seath next. You're probably just under levelled for the 4 kings so take on the Catacombs/Giants Tombs and Seath first. Hell I'd even through in lost Izalith as well.

Edit: For for god's sake buy the DLC!

Tomb of the Giants is one huge pain in the bollocks area, Cast Light or a sunlight maggot are essential. One of those places I try get through as quick as possible. Duke's Archives is a cool area though, one of the nicer places graphically too especially the library section.

And yes, get the dlc, get it get it get it. You'll be able to access it now you have the lord vessel. It's a great place for soul and humanity farming, has cool enemies, and between Artorias, Manus and Kalameet the best boss fights in the game with loads of summons and invasions available.

Is Dukes Archives in Anor Londo? Past the bonfire where I accidentally killed the soul keeper?

If I'm finding catacombs/tomb of giants too tough, I might just warp to Anor Londo then (that lordvessel was a genius idea and introduced at just the right time!)

Please don't mention Lost Izalith again, that place was the devs going 'wouldn't it be funny if we took a load of bosses and dumped them randomly in this place!' It is tempting to go back for the sunlight maggot thing though as I read it's there.

I'm leaning ever closer to the DLC :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lost Izalith is much easier now that the reduced the aggro on the biog guys. You are best to ignore them.

Tomb of the Giants is a pain but It's not too bad. If you have the skull lantern it's manageable.

Yes that's where the Duke's Archives is.

Reminder: Get the DLC.

Advertisement