Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Nope unfortunately not :(

Did you check the video I did on this previously? Are you using a better shield than the Cracked Round Shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cravez wrote: »
    Nope unfortunately not :(

Did you check the video I did on this previously? Are you using a better shield than the Cracked Round Shield?

I have the Spider Shield, did a run to get the red tearstone ring and picked it up on the way. with sl1 you can still upgrade spells and weapons right? just not bump up stats

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

krudler wrote: »
    I have the Spider Shield, did a run to get the red tearstone ring and picked it up on the way. with sl1 you can still upgrade spells and weapons right? just not bump up stats

Yeah, that's what you have to do. You should buy the Reinforced Club from the undead merchant in the burg, and hand axe from Andre. Upgrade them to fire and lightening. Most important thing is maxing out your Pyromancy Glove asap. Ring of FAP is your best friend. Good luck :D

Ok cool, defo need that 100% physical resist ;)

Yep you can upgrade Pyro Flame and weapons/armor. If you did want to use sorcery you only have access to about 3-4 sorcery spells and can only use the starting catalyst.

Grab any extra hard humanity to heal you for the fight.

Try get to the stairs ASAP, keep the shield up and run towards stairs as soon as you enter fog gate. Getting the dogs out of the way is the hardest bit of the fight really. After that you can keep luring Capra Demon up the stairs, drop drown and then attack when he jumps down. Throw fireballs and firebombs when you are heading up the stairs when he is slowly following towards you.

Cool, I was trying to get to the Depths early to rescue the other pyromancer dude but I might go Andre and beef up my club and axe first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

99 humanity and 20000000 souls gone :( fighting in the burg, bit drunk last night, lost fight, walking out to collect my souls again and walked off edge just out from the bonfire

And that's why I spend all my souls :pac: many a time I lost loads from doing something stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Cool, I was trying to get to the Depths early to rescue the other pyromancer dude but I might go Andre and beef up my club and axe first.
    Battle axe was the way to go early for me. Reinforced club is also good. And for HP the ring that boosts your health is a must but you prob have that at this stage.
    Worst moment...When farming souls and titanite off the balder knights in the parish, getting the BSS drop and then not being able to use it :(

I'v been playing Dark Souls for 400 hours and still have yet to get the Balder Swag Sword :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i had leveled to 121, so had about 4 levels to mess around with so no big deal. still hate to lose them

a good old scrap tomorrow at sens fortress here !!

i will have a crack at it, may even start a new strength build this evening for it :pac:

• Advertisement

Cravez wrote: »
    I'v been playing Dark Souls for 400 hours and still have yet to get the Balder Swag Sword :(

Undead Parish is where you can pick one up, just keep farming the knights in the church and you'll get one. took me about 11-12 attempts though. I used to run that and the uchi on my dex build, crazy hit points from both of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sometimes you get the BSS and sometimes the BSS gets you

I've had a couple of runs through where after 25+ goes farming the knights I just didn't get a BSS at all

--edit

it's a bit mad, putting the best sword in the game as such a rare rare drop so loads of people will never get to use it

Undead Parish is where you can pick one up, just keep farming the knights in the church and you'll get one. took me about 11-12 attempts though. I used to run that and the uchi on my dex build, crazy hit points from both of them.

Yep I tried farming it at Undead Parish. A good long while with 410 Item Discovery and still no drops :(

sometimes you get the BSS and sometimes the BSS gets you

I've had a couple of runs through where after 25+ goes farming the knights I just didn't get a BSS at all

--edit

it's a bit mad, putting the best sword in the game as such a rare rare drop so loads of people will never get to use it

I prefer the Uchi myself, only got my BSS to +14 I couldnt be arsed going looking for another another titantite slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have a +15 BSS that I got off a bunch of gankers I invaded in the forest a while back. It was probably their way of buttering me up before they ganged up on me. I rarely use it though, I prefer big stunlocking weapons or bleed-building weapons myself during pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Just finished Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen last night and couldn't resist starting a new game of DS. Just going to low level Sun Bro, since I've never done it before, and see how far I can get. Had the Gravelord sword in 20mins! :D SL7 Warrior can two hand it. Destroys anything in the early game.

We released part 4 of SL1 Co-Op Playthrough. Took a while to get it done considering it's actually the shortest video so far. It may have some audio/lag in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Knight Artorias the Abysswanker anyone? And his huge 'sword', absolutely lost my **** when I heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Some hand made models that look really cool. If only I had some spare money....

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/158730067/dark-souls-solaire-of-astoria-8-statue?ref=listing-shop-header-2

^ Very cool indeed, would love some DS merchandise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

it looks like they're making out

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

it looks like they're making out

I always knew Artorias was a furry...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

finally got passed the tarus demon, and got the drake sword :pac:

finally got passed the tarus demon, and got the drake sword :pac:

Honestly that's one of the toughest sections of the game, the Undead Burg and Parish are where I died more than anywhere else, once you start levelling up and upgrading your weapons it gets easier.

Well until it gets harder again, but for a while there you're grand like :pac:

I always knew Artorias was a furry...

i believe the pc term is otherkin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Back to this after finishing outlast and nba 2k14. Killed O, had S down to about 3 hits left before be hit me with the big ass 1 hit move. Bastard! I have to beat them before DS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Honestly that's one of the toughest sections of the game, the Undead Burg and Parish are where I died more than anywhere else, once you start levelling up and upgrading your weapons it gets easier.

Well until it gets harder again, but for a while there you're grand like :pac:

thank christ for that. this game is really challenging and not much fun but i think that's why i like it so much. I know I'm moving at a snails pace but the sense of achievement edging like 20 minutes ahead is so great.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Back to this after finishing outlast and nba 2k14. Killed O, had S down to about 3 hits left before be hit me with the big ass 1 hit move. Bastard! I have to beat them before DS2!

wht level you at? i might have a 30 something level build

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just beat the game but Solaire's summon sign didn't appear before the last boss for some reason. I unlocked the shortcut, killed red eyed bug, killed centipede demon and talked to him at the bonfire and it still didn't work :/

Advertisement