Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

might be lucky here too find anyone

but is anyone here close too sl3
    i need help against s+o in anor lando :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

what platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Cravez wrote: »
    what platform?

xbox360 :/

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

:( sorry man am on PC.

I recommend killing Ornstein first if you have pyromancy. Equip Bellowing Dragoncrest ring & Crown of Dusk, make sure your pyro flame is upgraded a fair bit. Use combustions on Ornstein and then when you are fighting super Smough make sure to keep him between the pillars and hit once every time he attacks with his opening and then retreat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

might be lucky here too find anyone

3 or 30? 3 seems crazy low for O&S unless you're doing a challenge...

Can't help but if it's your first time, kill Ornstein first, it makes it much easier. Stay behind pillars as much as you can, it can often get Smough stuck and let you hit Ornstein a few times. don't be the hero, stay well away as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I have an SL1, but am PS3. If you have it, Darkwood Grain Ring is your friend here for dodging. Damage should be coming from mainly from great combustion and combustion. You can summon Solaire near where the archer is outside the fog gate, he can help distract one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Friend me, Astro Lube 2k. I have a SL1 char with O&S beaten, so should be able to help at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

excuse my ignorance but is there co-op in this game? just with all your talk of befriending each other. I think playing through this with someone might make this more fun for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

excuse my ignorance but is there co-op in this game? just with all your talk of befriending each other. I think playing through this with someone might make this more fun for me :)

Yeah but not in the traditional sense. How it works is you get an item that allows you and other players to drop a sign on the ground, if you see one you can summon another human player into your world and they can help with certain area and bosses. There are some parts of the game where you're more likely to find summon signs than others, mostly near tough bosses or high traffic areas.
    It comes at a cost though as you can also be invaded by other players looking to kill you and take all your souls. Some bosses are made infinitely easier by having 2 other players with you and once you defeat the boss the person you summoned is sent back to their own game. It's a fantastically designed system and it really adds to the game, you can also be invaded while you have others summoned so that can lead to hilarious battles between multiple people.

krudler wrote: »
    Some bosses are made infinitely easier by having 2 other players with you and once you defeat the boss the person you summoned is sent back to their own game.

Although the trade off is that bosses have either +50 or +100% health depending on how many people you summon. People who are familiar with the game will have no problem with this but anyone new to the game might find things alot harder. The Four Kings in particular are the worst when it comes to having more summoned help. Id highly recommend not summoning Witch Beatrice for the Four Kings and summon players that you know are good.

• Advertisement

Although the trade off is that bosses have either +50 or +100% health depending on how many people you summon. People who are familiar with the game will have no problem with this but anyone new to the game might find things alot harder. The Four Kings in particular are the worst when it comes to having more summoned help. Id highly recommend not summoning Witch Beatrice for the Four Kings and summon players that you know are good.

I never summoned anyone for the Kings I usually take them on solo, where are the summon signs usually? outside the fog gate or somewhere else in the ruins? Don't think I've ever seen a summon sign near there I just use the shortcut and leg it past the Darkwraiths unless I'm chunk farming.

I had to summon 2 players for Kalameet I just couldn't do it solo. I do like helping people with him and Artorias though. and I couldn't imagine fighting Manus solo the hell with that.

I never summoned anyone for the Kings I usually take them on solo, where are the summon signs usually? outside the fog gate or somewhere else in the ruins? Don't think I've ever seen a summon sign near there I just use the shortcut and leg it past the Darkwraiths unless I'm chunk farming.

I had to summon 2 players for Kalameet I just couldn't do it solo. I do like helping people with him and Artorias though. and I couldn't imagine fighting Manus solo the hell with that.

You can summon NPC Witch Beatrice for the 4 kings fight. You need to summon her for the Moonlight Butterfly fight though for her sign to appear in New Londo Ruins. Her sign is near the fog gate, just behind the big tower/pillar wall only a few feet away.

Some people are ok with the Four Kings, I killed them as an SL2 on the first try but my first time fighting them took alot of re-tries

You can summon NPC Witch Beatrice for the 4 kings fight. You need to summon her for the Moonlight Butterfly fight though for her sign to appear in New Londo Ruins. Her sign is near the fog gate, just behind the big tower/pillar wall only a few feet away.

Some people are ok with the Four Kings, I killed them as an SL2 on the first try but my first time fighting them took alot of re-tries

Ah ok never realised could summon her again after the butterfly. They're kicking my ass on ng+ so might get her as a distraction. I battered them on my first run tanked up but they're a pain on this playthrough.

I warped to Firelink shrine and the two guys protecting the praying NPC charged straight for me, didnt attack them at all, and Frampt got in a huff saying I wasnt the chosen one. I'm not a Darkwraith and havent attacked any npcs wonder what it was that turned him against me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

afaik summong beatrice actually makes the 4kings fight harder

not somethying I gained through experience but im pretty sure I read it

Did you place the lord vessel with Kaathe at all? (Don't need to join Darkwraith AFAIK to place it with Kaathe)

Although sometimes these things happen (I think Glitchy), Rhea attacked in Firelink Shrine for no reason, she was alone without the two guards and Petrus and said I was like all the other Hollows. Can't remember doing anything to make it turn out like that.

afaik summong beatrice actually makes the 4kings fight harder

not somethying I gained through experience but im pretty sure I read it

Yep as I said previously, will make it harder because they will have more HP and they regenerate it. Just some fights are not worth the extra help unless you know someone can output alot of damage.

Did you place the lord vessel with Kaathe at all? (Don't need to join Darkwraith AFAIK to place it with Kaathe)

Although sometimes these things happen (I think Glitchy), Rhea attacked in Firelink Shrine for no reason, she was alone without the two guards and Petrus and said I was like all the other Hollows. Can't remember doing anything to make it turn out like that.

Nope haven't beaten the Four Kings yet so can't talk to Kaathe in the abyss. Was just walking up towards the lift to Undead Parish and they all legged after me. I did kill all of them so maybe that's why Frampt was pissed at me, let him off, stupid serpent.

Think I'll go kill Tits McGee in Anor Londo and fight Gwyndolin, haven't have a crack at him yet.

Anyone know if your estus flasks max out? I have mine at +7 now

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

they're cvnts...I've spent about approx 2/3 hours on my SL1 trying to beat them but having got ornstein down a handful of times (great fireball) super smough has got me every time...ended up leaving it for a while before I smash up my house

i could do with some assistance also, solaire is useless and only hinders me in this fight, so i'll assist you and you do likewise?...I imagine it'll be easy with the summon, just stand back and heal

tag GK1001 on XBL

won't be on until late tonight

beat manus last night with 1 summon...that took a while
    tried a few hours at solo'ing him over the past few weeks and I'd say I had him down to 33% a few times but just couldn't get over the line...hard to get a random summon for him too at this stage...got a mate to help...on to NG+ now for the first time...have 5 builds an never went to NG+ with any of them....DS disk has been in my XB for 6 or months now non stop...

....it's gaming heroin

I was gonna attempt a sl1 playthrough but it seems way more hassle than it's worth once you hit Anor Londo. I keep telling myself to play something else until DS2 comes out so I don't feel any burnout from the mechanics and world but damn it's just so satisfying replaying it. Can't wait to feel like a lost lonely noob again :D

• Advertisement

GK1001 wrote: »
    beat manus last night with 1 summon...that took a while
    tried a few hours at solo'ing him over the past few weeks and I'd say I had him down to 33% a few times but just couldn't get over the line...hard to get a random summon for him too at this stage...got a mate to help...on to NG+ now for the first time...have 5 builds an never went to NG+ with any of them....DS disk has been in my XB for 6 or months now non stop...

....it's gaming heroin

ng+ is mostly grand, you save a lot of time by not having to go looking for rings and weapons you already have, some I pick up anyway just to level them up differently. It's annoying not being able to warp again but you get way more souls and some of the bosses give you crazy amounts, they just hit harder than before. once you get to Anor Londo you rake in souls really easily, the big knights near the fog gate for O&S give you 9k each, rinse and repeat.

I was gonna attempt a sl1 playthrough but it seems way more hassle than it's worth once you hit Anor Londo. I keep telling myself to play something else until DS2 comes out so I don't feel any burnout from the mechanics and world but damn it's just so satisfying replaying it. Can't wait to feel like a lost lonely noob again :D
    i'd recommend it, despite my current frustrations with O&S, it makes you much better at melee combat, and brings back the difficulty level somewhat that you had from your noob days...I've definitely learned how to beat the bosses so far more easily and that in turn helps when you decide to drop your sign to help others...black knights/havel & capra in particular...even O&S who I always summoned for in the past, I know what I should do now solo...not that I'm going to:D

also there's been a fair amount on here recenly who've given it a crack so if you get proper stuck you should be able to get a summon

on XBL? as earlier mentioned my tag is GK1001

GK1001 wrote: »
    i'd recommend it, despite my current frustrations with O&S, it makes you much better at melee combat, and brings back the difficulty level somewhat that you had from your noob days...I've definitely learned how to beat the bosses so far more easily and that in turn helps when you decide to drop your sign to help others...black knights/havel & capra in particular...even O&S who I always summoned for in the past, I know what I should do now solo...not that I'm going to:D

also there's been a fair amount on here recenly who've given it a crack so if you get proper stuck you should be able to get a summon

on XBL? as earlier mentioned my tag is GK1001

I always melee, spells are for wusses :pac: I started a sorcery build but got to Sen's and just found it boring, gimme a Zweihander or Uchigatana any day over casting spells. I dont even have a pyromancy glove on my current dex build never bothered getting it in the depths, I wish I had power within but meh have done well without it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I really didn't have that much difficulty with O&S in SL1, Ornstein will die in 4 great fireballs and then Smough is easy alone. Four Kings, however...that's where mine almost ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Finished the game for the first time today, 40 hours on a light dex build. Fighting Gwyn was just waiting for him to try a grab, roll in and a hit, roll out.

Anyone have serious trouble with the gargoyles on NG+? I was getting my ass handed to me soloing, summoned Solaire and all was well, butthey seemed really difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finished the game for the first time today, 40 hours on a light dex build. Fighting Gwyn was just waiting for him to try a grab, roll in and a hit, roll out.

Anyone have serious trouble with the gargoyles on NG+? I was getting my ass handed to me soloing, summoned Solaire and all was well, butthey seemed really difficult

I found NG+ really easy, so easy infact i didn't play much of it at all. Everything hit alot harder near the start of the game but in most cases your character also hit just as hard. I ran a STR build on my first character and in NG+ the Gargoyles where laid to waste, 3-4 shot them with that Capra Demon sword.

Hoping they balance it out abit in DkS2

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I really didn't have that much difficulty with O&S in SL1, Ornstein will die in 4 great fireballs and then Smough is easy alone. Four Kings, however...that's where mine almost ended.

Ditto, I've been stuck for a week on them. Granted I only have time to make about 3 attempts per night, but still! This weekend those wraiths are going down! O&S were killed on my first bash at them; I had more trouble with the silver knights!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Ditto, I've been stuck for a week on them. Granted I only have time to make about 3 attempts per night, but still! This weekend those wraiths are going down! O&S were killed on my first bash at them; I had more trouble with the silver knights!

After trying tanking them I eventually just went naked using combustion and great combustion then switching to melee for the extra hits. Got there in the end :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://instagram.com/p/kYaMGyykrK/#

for the day that's in it

• Advertisement

started an sl1 build, went grand until I got to the Capra Demon. Can anything speed up the time it takes to lob fireballs?

Advertisement