Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just beat Smough, Solaire had Ornstein down to just one more hit. Then he died and I was left fighting super Ornstein at full health, that was a quick death :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just beat Smough, Solaire had Ornstein down to just one more hit. Then he died and I was left fighting super Ornstein at full health, that was a quick death :)

The easier fight is killing Ornstein first, but it's worth getting his armor. try summon Solair and a human player, or even better 2 human players. Use the pillars too. Lock on and keep circling, keeping a pillar between you to use your estus, and when either of them jump up with lightning flying out of them for gods sake roll or run your ass off. Once you get the patterns down you can lead them around the arena without taking too much damage. Ornstein is weak to fire (which is kinda dumb for a supposed dragonslayer).

Thanks for the tips man. I am now out of humanity :( I tried to summon 3 human players, all failed, might have to do with my crappy internet connection. Just gave them a go on my own and it is definitely do-able but very annoying. Yeah, I wanted Ornsteins armour but I will take any kind of win now.

I beat em on my own, as soon as you enter the fog gate Ornstein usually launches straight towards you with a big attack, just dodge that, then try keep them separated, which is easier than it sounds. if you have Power Within use it, beefs your attack and defence but just be wary of your health ticking down. Keep your armor light too, rolling is the key. You're better off dragging the fight out and avoiding everything chipping away than standing there tanked up if you don't have the weapons to knock piles of health off.

Once you have them beaten you'll be fighting them for fun, chuck your summon sign down outside the gate for a few practice runs you dont need to be human to be summoned, it'll bump up your souls a fair bit if you need to level up. What level are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Thanks for the tips man. I am now out of humanity :( I tried to summon 3 human players, all failed, might have to do with my crappy internet connection. Just gave them a go on my own and it is definitely do-able but very annoying. Yeah, I wanted Ornsteins armour but I will take any kind of win now.

What platform are you on? If on PC then GFWL is awful in general for online stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Holy crap SL 1 is proving to be a bollox. At O&S now and I'd say I'm at a stage where summoning is hard to come by given the level range. Can't be slack at all as 2 hits and you're goneski. I am being tested...this could well be my breaking point:eek:

Im on ps3, I think around level 38 or early 40's. Honestly can't wait to be done with o&s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

GK1001 wrote: »
    Holy crap SL 1 is proving to be a bollox. At O&S now and I'd say I'm at a stage where summoning is hard to come by given the level range. Can't be slack at all as 2 hits and you're goneski. I am being tested...this could well be my breaking point:eek:

Are you on PC? I'll give you a hand if you are. If you're not, get your pyromancy glove upgraded to ascended +5 and equip combustion and great combustion and you'll demolish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Are you on PC? I'll give you a hand if you are. If you're not, get your pyromancy glove upgraded to ascended +5 and equip combustion and great combustion and you'll demolish them.

Xbox, yeah I've just been trying combustion on a +14 glove but it's tough isolating them when you can only take a max of two hits. Taking a break now. That's 1 hr and need to go farm some more humanity to get solaire involved

Im on ps3, I think around level 38 or early 40's. Honestly can't wait to be done with o&s :)

The game gets a bit easier once you beat them, cuts out of a fair bit of trekking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Praise the cuddly sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Christ this game is hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

At the beginning it can be daunting but stick with it and you just keep learning new stuff the whole time and it'll just get better and better.

Gets much easier as you go, level up those weapons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when does it become easier exactly, the bed of chaos, the wheel skeletons, ceaseless discharge or maybe fighting manus?

when does it become easier exactly, the bed of chaos, the wheel skeletons, ceaseless discharge or maybe fighting manus?

sure they're all kittens :pac:

Ok not so much easier, but more do-able. And you enjoy the challenge instead of getting frustrated with it, I died way more in places like Undead Burg than in I dunno, Lost Izalith.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It never really gets easier, you just get better at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

When you beat Gwyn and make it to NG+, you'll completely own the first few bosses.

• Advertisement

After a barage of ass kicking from O&S, I went for a wonder down by the giant blacksmith and fought a few bats to make myself feel better. Oh, a glowing item, probably a few souls....nope, a f*cking Demon Spear with a lightning attack! Kills Smough in about 10 seconds after levelling it to +3. Got Ornstein down to about half health. Then I realised I had 2 twin humanities. Determined to beat these feckers tonight!

After a barage of ass kicking from O&S, I went for a wonder down by the giant blacksmith and fought a few bats to make myself feel better. Oh, a glowing item, probably a few souls....nope, a f*cking Demon Spear with a lightning attack! Kills Smough in about 10 seconds after levelling it to +3. Got Ornstein down to about half health. Then I realised I had 2 twin humanities. Determined to beat these feckers tonight!

what level are you?

krudler wrote: »
    what level are you?

Forgot to check again but I think im 38. Will check tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Kill Orenstein first then get a pillar between yourself and Smough, smack him when he's recovering from his attack, that's how I did it...eventually.

Its tempting but I really want ornsteins armour.

krudler wrote: »
    what level are you?

I'm level 41

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Just beat O&S in my SL1 build on the first go. I did however get wrecked several times by mistiming silver knight strikes on the way there though, so I don't feel too boss! I'm really learning an awful lot about melee combat that I sucked at in previous builds, so I'd defo recommend doing an SL1 run if you want to improve that!

hhmmmm [EMAIL="B@STARDS"]B@STARDS[/EMAIL]!

Had a few blasts of O&S again but this time with a human summoned. Summoned 3 people but the other 2 failed. We got O down to a small bit of health before I died, I should have let your man finish him. He joined me 3 times until I ran out of humanity, sickened. Good laugh an all playing with someone else. A phantom invaded us an all but it was just before I went into the fog gates.

Fighting them on my own, I am giving up on O's armour so killing O first. Can get S down to a smidge of health before dying so I know it's doable. Gonna give it a break today and play some Outlast instead.

hhmmmm [EMAIL="B@STARDS"]B@STARDS[/EMAIL]!

Had a few blasts of O&S again but this time with a human summoned. Summoned 3 people but the other 2 failed. We got O down to a small bit of health before I died, I should have let your man finish him. He joined me 3 times until I ran out of humanity, sickened. Good laugh an all playing with someone else. A phantom invaded us an all but it was just before I went into the fog gates.

Fighting them on my own, I am giving up on O's armour so killing O first. Can get S down to a smidge of health before dying so I know it's doable. Gonna give it a break today and play some Outlast instead.

Go after Ornstein first, if you have charcoal resin use it. light armour for dodging dont bother wearing anything heavy. That fight is all about staying mobile and keeping the pillars between them.
    The easiest way to separate them is hit Ornstein, then leg it to the other end of the hall, Smough is really slow but Ornstein will do that flying spear attack and gain more ground. Just take your time with it really. And when Smough is more powerful get in close to him as his big swings will go right over you, but when he charges up and jumps roll away as fast as you can as that big pound attack is instadeath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Flying through NG+ The two gargoyles, Capra Demon and. Gaping dragon all in one sitting last night.

Advertisement