Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played another hour and a bit there with some great progress. I beat that demon who shot the lighting once i realised he was pretty vulnerable to the side.

And I killed the moonlight Butterfly on my second attempt. Used up all my resin which pretty gives your weapon a significant damage boost. It was a pain constantly rolling away from it, just waiting for the butterfly to land.

Might go a bit deeper into the forest tomorrow. I'd say i'm after playing about 7 hours worth at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ahhh any1 got pointers for the capra demon, hes doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I couldn't get to sleep last night after a particularly involving session. Kept half-dreaming I was legging it towards bonfires :P

My advice....dont go out on Halloween, you will be kneeling next to each bonfire going "I'm trying to get my humanity back....."
    tonydude wrote: »
    ahhh any1 got pointers for the capra demon, hes doing my head in.

Well go in and block or dodge his 1st charge immediately, main focus at first is the 2 dogs. If you can get to the steps there is a ledge in the back right corner he cant reach (he might attack from the steps, block it but then he just mills around below after dropping down).

I managed to beat him by getting him to stand beside the tree and stand at the top third of the steps, when he comes near the base of the steps nip down and swipe at his head and back up. Not sure of your gear and spec so cant give a full walkthrough. He is just a pure b*****d, tons of reach with the swords and such a confined area :mad:

Beat him :D had sum1 to help though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

picked this up still playing rage though lol will get into it tomorrow i reckon... whats the overall verdict is it really as good as reviews suggest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yeah bash but rage enducingly difficult in parts if you've not played through demon souls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

In Lost Izalith now have every single demon in the game and all mini bosses killed apart from Bed of Chaos who is in this area and then the final boss!!

Soul Level 72 atm but have a tonne of Hero / Brave souls saved up if I need them. Absolutely game of the year for me and its pushing game of this gen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is there a bonfire after the Capra Demon?
    I'm on the way to the depths now but wondering should I kindle the fire close to the merchant in Undead Berg or just keep on coming from my kindled fire where the red dragon used be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Really did sfa last night spent it grinding to get myself 20k souls for the blacksmith key and titanite shards from the knights. When i slept i dreamed i was dancing through 4-3 and 4-2 on demons souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Pretty sure everyone that plays the game is going to get cursed at some stage. But I noticed someone mentioned paying 6000 souls for the cure. The NPC at the Bell Gargoyles sells the cure for 3000 so make sure you go there if you need it.

Absolutely incredible game so far, definitely trumps Demon's Souls. Haven't had as much time as I would like to have played so far but have made reasonable progress.

Had an epic moment last night, was making my way through the frogs in the sewers, sh!tting it that I'd get cursed any second, then all of a sudden I get a sign saying such and such a knight has invaded my world. Literally 2 seconds later, that NPC Kirk is attacking me as a black phantom. Managed to kill him, got a nice sword and about 7000 souls. But I've got a funny icon under my health now, looks like a black eye. I presume that means that someone put the gravelord mark on my game? Anyone know how to find the item that was placed etc? The icon has stayed even though I've moved far away from the sewers? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

the black eye icon is from the dark eye ring i believe - got it last night.

gives back hp with every kill you make , tis nice to have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

the black eye icon is from the dark eye ring i believe - got it last night.

gives back hp with every kill you make , tis nice to have :D

Cheers, that would make sense alright, I have that equipped after getting it in the sewers.

Would you think that was a gravelord invasion though? It was definitely an npc invasion rather than a player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think a few people have had Kirk 'invade' them. There are certain places where npc's will invade if you are in human form. I had some woman attack me in Blightown, and after killing her, i was able to summon her to help with Quelaag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Big Knox wrote: »
    In Lost Izalith now have every single demon in the game and all mini bosses killed apart from Bed of Chaos who is in this area and then the final boss!!

Soul Level 72 atm but have a tonne of Hero / Brave souls saved up if I need them. Absolutely game of the year for me and its pushing game of this gen!!

Have you been back to the
    Asylum
    yet?
    Stray Demon says Hi - o/
    Am only SL 22 and got reamed, I'll give it one more go tonight but I'm not too optomistic.
    I think your SL 72 may help you live for a little longer.
    SK1979 wrote: »
    Pretty sure everyone that plays the game is going to get cursed at some stage. But I noticed someone mentioned paying 6000 souls for the cure. The NPC at the Bell Gargoyles sells the cure for 3000 so make sure you go there if you need it.

If you go back to the
    Asylum
    , there is a
    crow that will take your red orbs for the cure to the curse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Is there a bonfire after the Capra Demon?
    I'm on the way to the depths now but wondering should I kindle the fire close to the merchant in Undead Berg or just keep on coming from my kindled fire where the red dragon used be.

Opposite the door to Depths there is a shortcut to the aqeuduct near the Firelink Shrine, I binded there for Depths runing as just the easily killed 6 guys on the cliff to get through each time.

Few questions:
    Is there anywhere else to level up bar the Undead Burgh? I've reached the Undead Parish and encountered those big guys with the massive shields that jump away a lot. Need to increase my vitality and strength, but finding it boring killing the same people over and over.

Where can I buy equipment? I know there was that guy near the shrine but I accidentally threw a fire bomb at him and he kept attacking me, so I had to kill him. Need to find better equipment.

What is the purpose of that big bird?

Few questions:
    Is there anywhere else to level up bar the Undead Burgh? I've reached the Undead Parish and encountered those big guys with the massive shields that jump away a lot. Need to increase my vitality and strength, but finding it boring killing the same people over and over.

Where can I buy equipment? I know there was that guy near the shrine but I accidentally threw a fire bomb at him and he kept attacking me, so I had to kill him. Need to find better equipment.

What is the purpose of that big bird?

You can level up at any bonfire. There are loads of them, but they can be tricky to find at times. The bonfire in the Parish is right at the end.

I wouldn't bother buying equipment. Keep the souls for levelling up, and get equipment from drops. There are loads of places where you can pickup full sets of armour weapons. Check the wiki for a list of where to get good items (if you're sick of looking yourself).

The bird can
    bring you back to the Undead Asylum if you get up to it's next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got through the Undead Burg and entered the Parish. Sneaked past the armoured bull and then got slashed to bits by some rather large skeletons. I am really struggling with the parry system. I've managed to parry once. ONCE.

Actually how does one get to the crow\asylum, i rolled out of the lift(at fire shrine) and rolled onto the side of the church, and spent 20 mins trying to get to the dead body with item up on the church roof there to no avail.

Actually how does get to the crow\asylum, i rolled out of the lift(at fire shrine) and rolled onto the side of the church, and spent 20 mins trying to get to the dead body with item up on the church roof there to no avail.

Walk/roll off the lift as it's coming down, onto the platform. Go to the right, onto the hill. Then jump onto the ledge that leads up to the door in the tower. Make your way up the tower, and you'll see the Crow's nest.
    Go into the next, and press x. Wait 20-30 seconds.

• Advertisement

Ah i was thinking that was it but wasn't sure was the jump a safe one and i'd a bucketload of souls at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got through the Undead Burg and entered the Parish. Sneaked past the armoured bull and then got slashed to bits by some rather large skeletons. I am really struggling with the parry system. I've managed to parry once. ONCE.

I find kicking to break their guard is far more reliable.

was looking around in the depths and found this guy asking for help. He was stuck in a barrel so i freed him but of course he turned hostile, probadly cause i smashed it open with my sword. Can i do anything to calm him

Stupid frogs cursed me also so im rightly screwed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Beat the Gargoyles last night after about 3 hours of various grinding etc around Undead Burg/Parish. Summoned Solaire to help and proved very easy with him.

There always seems to be a player wanting help in the undead parish church, might spend some time helping out other players this evening. Haven't done that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't seen any help message yet! :(

Wouldn't mind trying the multiplayer since I didn't use it that much in demon souls

was looking around in the depths and found this guy asking for help. He was stuck in a barrel so i freed him but of course he turned hostile, probadly cause i smashed it open with my sword. Can i do anything to calm him

I doubt it. None of the others are the forgive and forget types.

Stupid frogs cursed me also so im rightly screwed :(

Get out of there, from my understanding -
    the curses can multiply - ie you can get cursed again, losing more health. Pretty much making it unplayable

Lol i stayed well clear of it after that Fingers lol, got a purging stone for 6000 souls so im back to normal. Finding it a bit easier now got the drake sword. Whoes the golden knight thats locked in the cell, freed him and he gave me nothing , not yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can all character classes kick? I'm playing as a Wanderer but haven't managed to pull off a kick yet.

Probably a stupid question.

Is there any way to increase the number of flasks you can carry permantly

• Advertisement

Lol i stayed well clear of it after that Fingers lol, got a purging stone for 6000 souls so im back to normal. Finding it a bit easier now got the drake sword. Whoes the golden knight thats locked in the cell, freed him and he gave me nothing , not yet anyway

6000..:eek:,
    One red eye orb
    . :D

Was this in the tower close to the shortcut back to the Fire Shrine?
    If so,
    it's not about what he gives you, but what he takes away

Can all character classes kick? I'm playing as a Wanderer but haven't managed to pull off a kick yet.

Probably a stupid question.

I'm the thief and I sometime kick, so I'd imagine all characters can.
    Is there any way to increase the number of flasks you can carry permantly

You can get it up to 10 by kindling at each bonfire, other than that, I dont know.

Advertisement