Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

tonydude wrote: »
    In blittown now at the fire where theres timber structures on both sides and i dont know where to go ????:confused:

Is it the one sitting in a stone wall looking out into a big ravine (it looks like it's part of an aqueduct)? If so, head towards the wood structures on your right as you look into the ravine, should be making your way towards a big red bug sitting on the opposite wall (dont go near him). Should be a path near him to get down to the floor of the area (and the real fun begins).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Is it the one sitting in a stone wall looking out into a big ravine (it looks like it's part of an aqueduct)? If so, head towards the wood structures on your right as you look into the ravine, should be making your way towards a big red bug sitting on the opposite wall (dont go near him). Should be a path near him to get down to the floor of the area (and the real fun begins).

lol got to the bottom thxs, fell most of the way and ran to the next fire. Killed that red guy hes was sitting on something called power within

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow this topic is fast! Havent checked it since last night and there are ton of pages already. Ill try to help with a few things i read over the last few pages. To lazy to quote over multiple pages sorry :P

The guy in the cell with Golden Armour
    If you free him he will go back to Firelink Shrine and sit at the front of the Firekeeper. Yeah he means to kill her, which he will do after you ring the bell in Blighttown. You can kill him there and then and get a nice ring and some humanity. OR you can leave him and then later in the game you get a chance to exact revenge and get the Ring, the Humanity and his Unique Armour Set.

To the guy who attacked the guy in the barrel and he went hostile with you. If you havent already killed him you can go to the guy in the Gargoyle Bell tower and for a price your can have him become friendly with you again.

Pro tip: On the Taurus fight, if you walk directly into the guys crotch at all times he will never hit you with any of his attacks. Learned this in the Lava area last night after fighting 5 of the guys back to back. Yes i had my face in the crotch of five demons last night. Obviously intended by the developer

Dont get all the hate for the graphics. Sure its no Killzone or Uncharted beater but i think they are really nice and a big improvement on Demons Souls. The lighting and reflections on water and metal armour are really well done. Wait till you see the Crystal Cave later in the game, its beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful, whats everyones favourite area in the game? I dont know the name of the place (Ruins of Izalith i suspect), but its the underground Lava area just after Blighttown. When you walk out into that area and see the scope and the massive wall type structure in the background it felt like i was playing World of Warcraft all over again, massive scope! Cystal Caves is also really beautiful! An area i seen in some trailer looked like Angkor Wat in Cambodia to a tee, cant wait to visit there in the game, they probably have **** loads of Hollow Korean Tourist attacking you there.

At the point stated above i turned myself human once i stepped out of the tunnel a phantom invaded A woman called maneater, shes easy and i got 3 humanity plus 1 in the top left :D, also got butchers knife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

In blighttown, make my way down to the swamp area, but everytime i freak out and run around, desperately trying to get away from those respawning flies that poison you while looking for another bonfire. Which ends up in my death.

• Advertisement

in the swamp myself, anyone know where the pyromancy trainer is down there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent played the game myself but i had to watch Angry Joe playing it, pissed myself laughing when he met the first boss lmao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just beat gaping dragon, pretty easy boss fight tbh, how do i get to blight town?

Just beat gaping dragon, pretty easy boss fight tbh, how do i get to blight town?

down in the drain area with those slim things moving around just before u went up the stairs to the left of that theres a barrel broke doen with a merchant inside the double doors are near him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

farmed 30k souls. Lost them. :mad::(:eek:

• Advertisement

just lost 8, but had just spent 52k so not so bad, Blightown is pretty easy going so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I was making huge progress tonight until i got cursed by those frog f**kers down in the Depths. Tried to fight the gaping dragon with only half health and was doing quite well until he did his big jump attack and killed me in one hit.
    Decided then on a tactical retreat back to firelink to see about getting this damn curse lifted.

I was making huge progress tonight until i got cursed by those frog f**kers down in the Depths. Tried to fight the gaping dragon with only half health and was doing quite well until he did his big jump attack and killed me in one hit.
    Decided then on a tactical retreat back to firelink to see about getting this damn curse lifted.
    you realise you can summon the guy you met just before the red dragon right?

Distracts him for ages, when he dies, keep away till it does it's crawl stop thing, run in, do about 400 points of damage, run away, rinse and repeat

Need help deciding whether to attack or not. Just after the blighttown and killing the boss. I walked on a little further went through a white gate thing and theres this giant head thing with tentacles. Will i attack or not , im lvl 33

Edit: Got the courage to look at it, hes actually a giant, so to go with a giant head hes got a giant body :)

He attacked me hes called ceaseless discharge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just had my first invasion by another player. It was pretty intense I must say. I thought I was going to get destroyed but I played very defensively and managed to kill him. I got some humanity as a reward.

I was wondering what was going on when I couldn't enter the room with the bonfire. It had a white light blocking it that wasn't there before. I turned around and saw this guy materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Need help deciding whether to attack or not. Just after the blighttown and killing the boss. I walked on a little further went through a white gate thing and theres this giant head thing with tentacles. Will i attack or not , im lvl 33

Edit: Got the courage to look at it, hes actually a giant, so to go with a giant head hes got a giant body :)

He attacked me hes called ceaseless discharge

Easy fight - Cheap

Pick up the armour beside him to activate the fight
    now run back to where you came through the white gate, block his fire attacks and he will eventually rest his head and arm I think on the cliff. Run up and hit him one or two slaps and he falls an dies. Easy! :D

i did it the easy way lol he dead lol , is there any way to just get back to the main camp area. Im in Demon ruins and itd be some battle to get back there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

i did it the easy way lol he dead lol , is there any way to just get back to the main camp area. Im in Demon ruins and itd be some battle to get back there

You gotta go up through the blighttown waterwheel and out through the Valley of the Drakes. When you go up the waterwheel (left as you go back out into the blighttown swap from Quelaggs cave) climb to the top of the ladders and exit through the tunnell.

When you get out go across the wooden plank and down the lift on the left that will leave you at the new london ruins entrance and then you can just take the opposite lift back up to firelink shrine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just got this game today, its gas touching the bloodstains and watching some people die in stupid ways, its always funny when its not you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was having trouble beating the butterfly, then I realised I had enough strength to use the drake sword if I used it two handed. Also I noticed the sword gets damaged really quickly?

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Was having trouble beating the butterfly, then I realised I had enough strength to use the drake sword if I used it two handed. Also I noticed the sword gets damaged really quickly?
    Really?? I've been using it since I got it and have only repaired it once in about 8/9 hours play

ShaneU wrote: »

If you use the 2handed shockwave move (R2) it takes about 30 dura from the blade.

Oh and Undead Dinosaurs am i seriously ment to kill these ****ing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If you use the 2handed shockwave move (R2) it takes about 30 dura from the blade.

well that explains it

How do you invade other players, ive just rand the second bell and made my way back to the shrine

How do you invade other players, ive just rand the second bell and made my way back to the shrine

You get a stone in an option area of the game. Your still a far bit off, you need to go back to the Undead Asylum and clear that out, get a special item and then go to Anor Londo

Oh and Undead Dinosaurs am i seriously ment to kill these ****ing things?
    They can one shot each other with their stamp move so try pull a bunch of them and let them go to town while you hide behind pillars etc. You might die once or twice but they don't respawn!!

Ok finally i've done it!! :D Standing at the fog gate for the last boss. Done a check list and have cleared every area including the optional covenant areas and killed all demons + mini bosses!!

An amazing experience and journey so far, the latter stages and bosses are so good, better then anything that came from Demon's Souls the scale just gets bigger and bigger it truly is so epic. The thing that impressed me most however was the game world, the fact it's seemless and completely open is astonishing considering the size and scale of it all. From aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down too Ash Lake and lost Izalith and up to the top of Sen's Fortress / Anor Londo the game world is as big vertically as it is horizontally which is just crazy.

I'm not going to kill the boss and move onto NG+ just yet, going to take some time and level up some weapons and armour before I do and then do a bit of invading and mess around with some of the covenants. I don't think I have the heart to jump straight into a new playthrough where
    the enemies are 300% tougher!!!! :eek:
    !!

Anyway any questions or anything ye want to know just ask. I badly need a mental rest. Gonna go sit in front of the fire for a few hours...

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok finally i've done it!! :D Standing at the fog gate for the last boss. Done a check list and have cleared every area including the optional covenant areas and killed all demons + mini bosses!!

An amazing experience and journey so far, the latter stages and bosses are so good, better then anything that came from Demon's Souls the scale just gets bigger and bigger it truly is so epic. The thing that impressed me most however was the game world, the fact it's seemless and completely open is astonishing considering the size and scale of it all. From aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down too Ash Lake and lost Izalith and up to the top of Sen's Fortress / Anor Londo the game world is as big vertically as it is horizontally which is just crazy.

I'm not going to kill the boss and move onto NG+ just yet, going to take some time and level up some weapons and armour before I do and then do a bit of invading and mess around with some of the covenants. I don't think I have the heart to jump straight into a new playthrough where
    the enemies are 300% tougher!!!! :eek:
    !!

Congratulations! You pretty much just summed up how i feel about the game also. GOTY so far for me. Only thing that got me down was the FPS drops.

I have currently taken out 3 of the last 4 end game bosses. Have yet to finish the Painted World and the Hollow/Ash Lake. Think i also have a few Titan Demons hanging about that i gotta clean up before i finish the game, some stuff to drop for the crow and abit of soul grinding to upgrade some weapons for the NG+ until the grinding becomes tedious anyway.

Not to pushed on the PvP type covenants or PvP at all in general cause it seems pretty broken at the moment. The invisible ring and such things, hope they just patch that ring out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Firstly, because some people seem confused about it.....in order to kick you press forward and RB /R1 at the same time. It's great for getting turtley shield guys out of their shell.

I'm level 33 or so now with my melee Wanderer. Got about 20str, 20dex, 20 Endurance and 18 Vitality I think. I'm trying to balance it out. Might pump my next five levels or so into Vitality.

Some updates on what I've done since last time.

I defeated that Multi Headed Hydra. He kept killing me as I ran at him. His white ranged magic attack is annoying so I just stood right under him in the water, blocked and chopped the heads of when he attacked physically. He dropped a dragonscale and I upgraded my Drake sword to +1....because frankly while i have 3 or 4 weapons that do more damage, none of them are as fast as the drake sword so I keep using it.

I saved up and bought the shield key thing to open up the darkside forest door. Easier than running the long way round.

I beat that capra demon fairly handily. Apparently some people stood up on a ledge but I found it easy to just strafe around him and hit him between his animations. Got him on the third try. Is there anything else down here? When I killed him I got a key to the Depths but I don't know where they are......any help would be appreciated.

As I said the capra demon seemed a dead end.......the underground ghost place also seemed self contained and didn't seem to lead anywhere after I cleared out the entire cavern. Did I miss anything? Also, I still haven't rung the second bell. I've heard its in Blight town? I know im missing something obvious but where exactly IS blightown? Is it past the Valley of the Drakes? I have't bothered with that yet because while I can kill the dragons easily, it takes a good two minutes which just seems too long.

Can somebody give me directions from the crow? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

There's a stairs to the right of the capra demon entrance, go down there and use the key.

Uber cheap Farming
    Got my 20k together to open that door in the forest and proceeded to fight the mage guy, all of a sudden i saw a priest heading over and i got attacked from nowhere and i saw the outline of an assassin so i got the f*** out of there and ran to the corner by the stairs to heal up and i couldn't believe all 3 ran up the stairs, tried to jump on me and basically fell off the cliff, a very handy 6k souls. Basically kept doing this and found a brigand up further for an extra 1k souls. Went from lvl 30 to about 42 and got my winged spear and halberd to +5. I was initially wondering what the "happiness" sign at the corner was.

Went back to the asylum last night. Fecksake why didn't they have the rusted ring in demons souls for 5-2.

Advertisement