Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yeah there's actually 4.

Equip Burden < 100/75/50/25

Below 25% is the fast roll from Demon's Souls and it progressively gets slower the higher you go up.

Even though armour is alot more effective in this I can't play without having fast movement and rolls, below 50% is fine to work with.
    NB If you are exactly 25% it counts the same as 49%, so make sure you're under 25% if you want a really fast roll. Although as stated the 2nd fastest roll is ok as it's just the "getting back up" animation is slower - you still get out of the way quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ehm....my red dragon just disappeared without me killing it. happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Whats the deal with weapons and making them into better one's because i read some where that if i have dex based character that a scitmar + 5 ascended kicks ass so i thats what i did with all the souls id saved up today and the option i got from the blacksmith near the first bell was to make it either +6 or Raw Scitmar so i went with raw but the weapon sucks balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone know where to find Rhea of Throulond?
    Saved her down in the Catacombs and killed Nito and have a crap load of souls now and i want to buy some miracles. Anyone spot where she goes after you save her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone know where to find Rhea of Throulond?
    Saved her down in the Catacombs and killed Nito and have a crap load of souls now and i want to buy some miracles. Anyone spot where she goes after you save her?
    Not 100% if this is her but theres a caster locked in prison in the Duke's Archives, I didn't pay attention to her name but i'm pretty sure it's the same one that was in the Tomb of the Giants!!

• Advertisement

so...how do I find blight town, I've been wandering around aimlessly, I've only just beat the twin gargyles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

so...how do I find blight town, I've been wandering around aimlessly, I've only just beat the twin gargyles
    You should have got a key outside the church that opens the door on the bridge where you had to run and avoid the dragons fire (its just after Taurus). Head down this way and you will encounter Capra Demon behind a fog gate(good bloody luck too ya there), another key from him is for a door just to the right of his fog gate. This is called Depths, head down and after a boss figth or 2 your at Blight Town.........may the gods have mercy on ya down there :P

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    You should have got a key outside the church that opens the door on the bridge where you had to run and avoid the dragons fire (its just after Taurus). Head down this way and you will encounter Capra Demon behind a fog gate(good bloody luck too ya there), another key from him is for a door just to the right of his fog gate. This is called Depths, head down and after a boss figth or 2 your at Blight Town.........may the gods have mercy on ya down there :P
    The dragon disappeared on me as I managed to get behind it and light the bonfire, hasn respawned.
    pretty sure I've beaten the capra demon, the only bosses I've started to avoid now are from the thing missing half it's face with the electric attack from it's horns, clearly I was going to far and wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

pretty sure I've beaten the capra demon, the only bosses I've started to avoid now are from the thing missing half it's face with the electric attack from it's horns, clearly I was going to far and wrong!

That boss is super easy, just stay back and cast soul arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Should i get soul arrow as a pyromancer ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I killed the merchant in undead burg which was a big mistake as I need a bow and arrow to get the drake sword, is theer any way of getting it without the merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

ShaneU wrote: »
    That boss is super easy, just stay back and cast soul arrow.

I just hopped in beside him and wailed on him with the Drake Sword, as long as you keep moving towards his back he isnt so bad.
    I killed the merchant in undead burg which was a big mistake as I need a bow and arrow to get the drake sword, is theer any way of getting it without the merchant

Only other bow I have seen so far is in the DeepRoot Valley.

Goddam, Sen's little house is a nightmare, someone keeps shifting boulders back to crush me after I send em sailing down another path :mad: .
    Also encountered the mimic, creepy prick. Lightning Spear as a reward is very nice though, aint flame dragons weak to lightning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

So this game worth getting for an RPG fan?!

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I just hopped in beside him and wailed on him with the Drake Sword, as long as you keep moving towards his back he isnt so bad.

Only other bow I have seen so far is in the DeepRoot Valley.

Goddam, Sen's little house is a nightmare, someone keeps shifting boulders back to crush me after I send em sailing down another path :mad: .
    Also encountered the mimic, creepy prick. Lightning Spear as a reward is very nice though, aint flame dragons weak to lightning?

Pretty much every mob in the game has no lightning resist, so that spear upgraded will do you until NG+ if you wanted to use it!!

Crystal Caves
    Fighting Seath at the moment and its so tough. He has massive range with that crystal attack and he cursed me :( I think i may have to ditch the heavy armour for this fight and use the Cursebite Ring

Anyone got any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just played my first hour of Dark Souls. I got my ass kicked by the boss in the tutorial area a few times. The first few times I got killed there I never saw my bloodstain anywhere so I lost my souls.

I've just been wandering around in the second area of the game. Not straying too far from the nearest bonfire. I
    joined a Convenant
    but have no idea what that means right now.

I do have one question? When is it safe to quit the game? Do you need to return to a bonfire to rest or does the game save as you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

penev10 wrote: »
    Bit dissillusioned with the Pyromancer. Catalyst doesnt scale with Intelligence so have been levelling Endurance and Vitality so far whilst I wait for the proper magic to come along. This has left me with a Jack of all trades, master of none - Not strong enough with melee weapons and only has 8 shots of fireball!

Didn't want to invest in Strength as I was hoping to go down the spellsword route. D'oh! Spend most of my time duking it out with a Longsword and saving the fireballs for the tougher enemies.

Ah well, no doubt I'll get there in the end. Always a bottleneck or two no matter what build you go for I suppose.

I've maxed out my pyro orb. Once you get it to 10+ it gets an A rank param bonus from INT and at 15+, it gets an S rank. Had the same trouble early on. Focused on INT and found out it was doing nothing... Now its really really paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Need advice guys im in the undead burg place right before the area where you enter the spiral stairs heading up to the mini boss, theres a small stair case to the right leading down to a tough skeleton and theres a item in front of him, think its a ring.Is it worth trying to get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,589 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just got that ring there after blowing the crap out of that armoured ****er with lots of fire. I can't remember what it's called but it
    helps boost your HP when it gets low
    ...I really can't see any difference with it applied though.

It's a dark knight not a skeleton, it boosts your defence when health is low. If you go down that tower leading up to the boss you come up against another boss with a rather helpful ring. It is a really tough boss though(I was a warrior)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I do have one question? When is it safe to quit the game? Do you need to return to a bonfire to rest or does the game save as you go?

Quit whenever you want, it auto-saves when you do.
    When you restart, you start where you quit from.
    tonydude wrote: »
    Need advice guys im in the undead burg place right before the area where you enter the spiral stairs heading up to the mini boss, theres a small stair case to the right leading down to a tough skeleton and theres a item in front of him, think its a ring.Is it worth trying to get it ?

When you have little to no souls, do a speed run, you get to keep the ring even if you die and if you do die, you didn't lose too many souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Sneak up on giant rat.
    Fall down hole.
    Cursed frog things, dead.

Go back, avoid all holes.
    Super ninja hidden trap hole in corridor.
    Frog things everywhere, run for my life.
    Dead-ends everywhere, find a ring.
    Cursed, dead.

Cursed is serious BS. 6k to fix that sh1t. Funny as hell trying to run away from all those frog things though.

It's a dark knight not a skeleton, it boosts your defence when health is low. If you go down that tower leading up to the boss you come up against another boss with a rather helpful ring. It is a really tough boss though(I was a warrior)

What do yo get if you kill him. Working on him at the mo :D

tonydude wrote: »
    What do yo get if you kill him. Working on him at the mo :D
    I got his sword and one the things for boosting sword stat.

Think you can get shield and armour too. There's more than one of him

luring him to the very top he comes to the door but doesnt go outside it so nipping 16 off himon each counter, only lvl 15 :D
    EDIT: just killed him, the ring you get off him boosts the maximum equipment load.Got 3000 souls too

Spunge wrote: »
    Sneak up on giant rat.
    Fall down hole.
    Cursed frog things, dead.

Go back, avoid all holes.
    Super ninja hidden trap hole in corridor.
    Frog things everywhere, run for my life.
    Dead-ends everywhere, find a ring.
    Cursed, dead.

Cursed is serious BS. 6k to fix that sh1t. Funny as hell trying to run away from all those frog things though.

Mate, use your humanity and go through that area as a human, that way it takes ages for the curse to work on you. I cleared that whole area without dying as a human. I got lost like, ALOT, but thats fine as long as your not cursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I seriously have to stop coming back on this thread , 4 days now im waiting for the game ..CURSE YOU HEAVY RAIN :mad:

I seriously have to stop coming back on this thread , 4 days now im waiting for the game ..CURSE YOU HEAVY RAIN :mad:

Just put a coat on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I couldn't get to sleep last night after a particularly involving session. Kept half-dreaming I was legging it towards bonfires :P

• Advertisement

Crystal Caves
    Fighting Seath at the moment and its so tough. He has massive range with that crystal attack and he cursed me :( I think i may have to ditch the heavy armour for this fight and use the Cursebite Ring

Anyone got any tips?

Eh I beat him pretty easily but it was actually due to having fast movement. I stayed on his left tentacle thing constantly, if you run beside or just behind it the crystals wont hit you but you need fast movement to keep up with it. When he starts slamming his tail and tentacles just back up to the wall directly across from the tentacle you're chasing and it cant hit you.

Advertisement