Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Magill wrote: »
    is it not possible to save your game to a USB drive ? Bit bummed that i can't since i'm a good 8 or 9 hours in... was hoping to just take my saved game with me from house to house (Uni).

Probably the same as Demons Souls where you couldn't copy the save file. Suppose it isn't in keeping with the ethos of the game - being able to have back-ups.

Looks like you'll have an extra heavy backpack for the foreseeable future!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

penev10 wrote: »
    Probably the same as Demons Souls where you couldn't copy the save file. Suppose it isn't in keeping with the ethos of the game - being able to have back-ups.

Looks like you'll have an extra heavy backpack for the foreseeable future!:p

LOL, it looks like it. Gonna see if i can get this PSN+... apparently the cloud saving works for it. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

LOL, it looks like it. Gonna see if i can get this PSN+... apparently the cloud saving works for it. We'll see.

Don't forget that copy protected saves on PS+ have a 24 hour wait attached to them for the same reason.

I am not 100% how it works with Dark Souls, but I believe once you upload it to the Cloud, you will have to wait a full day to DL it again on another PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'm done. Get past the last ridiculous bit, only to have to make my way in complete darkness, while on a ledge, fighting giant skeletons, all while being shot at from places i can't see. There's difficult, and there's cheap.

This is cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm done. Get past the last ridiculous bit, only to have to make my way in complete darkness, while on a ledge, fighting giant skeletons, all while being shot at from places i can't see. There's difficult, and there's cheap.

This is cheap.

B'ah! In my day we didn't even have a ledge!:p

But seriously sounds well annoying. Hopefully I'll have the resolve to endure it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

is it not possible to save your game to a USB drive ? Bit bummed that i can't since i'm a good 8 or 9 hours in... was hoping to just take my saved game with me from house to house (Uni).

Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Arkham City...
    What are you going to Uni for???

Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Arkham City...
    What are you going to Uni for???

So i can get a job to beable to afford all these games !!! :P
    tinodz wrote: »
    Don't forget that copy protected saves on PS+ have a 24 hour wait attached to them for the same reason.

I am not 100% how it works with Dark Souls, but I believe once you upload it to the Cloud, you will have to wait a full day to DL it again on another PS3.

FOOoooK SAKE !!! Seriously ???? This sucks ass.... i guess im gonna have to start over... sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

I need to pick between Bandit and Knight. Im a noob to the series so id like a dcent defence. HELP ME PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Can't directly answer your question but this might be useful: http://www.1up.com/features/dark-souls-survival-guide
    In Dark Souls, classes act as little more than templates -- collections of starting stats and gear, malleable to any end. Your magic-user can (and probably will) become a beefy warrior, and vice versa.

Thanks, if i want my character to have good stamina good health good strength and good defense, what 4 attributes do i concentrate on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im using pyromancer, what things should I level up on first?

Some f** moved it to one of no relative subject matter. Anyways, I want good health, stamina, defence and strength. What 4 attributes should i concentrate on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So I'm some f** then? That's not very nice.
    Please keep all Dark Souls discussion to one thread.

Some f** moved it to one of no relative subject matter. Anyways, I want good health, stamina, defence and strength. What 4 attributes should i concentrate on.

.... press select when your at the bonfire and it tells you what each stat does, not exactly rocket science lol.

Sorry but it just makes it hard to work with. I take it back. You moved my 2nd one aswell hahahahaha

i know but i cant remember them after reading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Thanks, if i want my character to have good stamina good health good strength and good defense, what 4 attributes do i concentrate on?

Stamina = Endurance, also covers your equipment capacity so it doubles for defense as it lets you use the heavier armours.
    Health = Vitality.
    Strength = depends on the weapon, most either use Str or Dex for determining attack bonus. You can see what will use what in the stats menu, gives a rating from E to A for how much Str or Dex affects it, also shows the minimum stats needed for it (eg Axes need high Str, Bows need high Dex to use).
    Defense = Resistance adds to your base Defense stats and bleed resist. Also, every stat you boost will raise your base defense and most resistances so its better to avail of the other stats bonuses than pump into this at first.

Was his name Kirk? That was an NPC :D I shat bricks when he came out of nowhere to attack me as i thought he was another player since i was in humanform. What did he drop for you? Besides the souls.

Ha, ok maybe I'm not as great as I thought. Cant remember what he dropped, just got souls and a humanity I think. Must have been unlucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I got invaded last night right before the gargoyles as I had just summoned the Sun Knight.

Still got killed, he cast some beastly spell that wiped me out with one hit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What the hell! I opened up the gate behind the hog and when I died and came back it was closed again!

tok9 wrote: »
    What the hell! I opened up the gate behind the hog and when I died and came back it was closed again!

Yeah, that doesn't stay open if you die...

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, that doesn't stay open if you die...

Is it not a shortcut?

tok9 wrote: »
    Is it not a shortcut?

I had assumed it was...but it never seemed to stay open for me either. Seems to close after a while. Not sure what closes it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It only stays open for a couple of minutes regardless of whether you die or not. I found it out the hard way!

Ok thanks.. just tackling the gargoyles now. Definitely not as hard as the maneaters were but its pretty tough especially when the second one starts breathing fire!

Gotta love this game! :)

I'm finding this game unbelievably difficult. What is the best class to use?

I'm finding this game unbelievably difficult. What is the best class to use?

Not really any best class so to speak. Your class will only give you a step up in certain areas (Warrior/Knight as defensive melee, Sorceror as magic user etc...). I'd stick with a melee class like the Warrior to start, and then just start pumping your souls into your Vitality. Get good at blocking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The start of the game is actually the hardest part of the game (so far) imo. After the belltower boss i have been steamrolling the game and have max 3 attempts at bosses before i kill them.

Once you get to the blacksmith the game gets alot easier and the bonfire above him will be pretty much your main bonfire for the rest of the game, or atleast until you clear Sen's Fortress. Get comfortable with a weapon and reinforce it at the blacksmith

I would love to help all the people having trouble but alittle more insight on what is actually troubling you would help.

Hmmm.. a bit confused. After defeating the gargoyles i decided to go back towards where the hog used to be and that gate i was on about and this time it was still open even after dying several times!

Anyway.. beat the gargoyles. I used the
    Gold pine Resin
    which really increased my damage.

My main weapon is the Halberd (+2) Basically a long axe, its a great weapon. I'd say i won't find the Drake sword since I haven't looked at the guides yet which reminds me that i must download the digital one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Gonna be so happy when i kill a black knight. :P
    Have no idea where these gargoyles are, i walked into the capra boss but died straight away, wont be going back there for a while.

Don't think i can get the drake sword coz i killed that merchant guy, and the arrows from the other fire ones are 100 souls a piece. And i already shot about 10-15 of them at the tail, and nothing happened.

I must be doing pretty terrible for about 10 hours in, everyone else im reading seems to be WAY passed where i am, discussing game features i still dont fully understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Finally got a chance to play it, had a hectic weekend so havent played it since I got it Thursday.

Have actually been finding it pretty handy going so far if i'm honest, cleared Sens without any issues and got to Anor Londo. Was dreading it as I had heard it was very difficult but I only died once and one shot the boss which I was happy with!!

Have a lightning Claymore +4 currently which does a tonne of damage and all my stats are invested in END + VIT so I can turtle very well which is what I do for most bosses.

Moved on and killed Sif the wolf, and i'm now in the Giants Tomb which was annoying at first as it's pitch dark but found the skull lantern and i'm picking up momentum again.

Gonna take a break and play again tomorrow!!

Advertisement