Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Actually if it's the one up the tower.....once you have the area where the Fang-Boar was clear of undead lure the knight out of the tower. Make sure he's following you, then run up to the fire that's burning on the left. Keep the fire between you and him and he'll kill himself in the flames trying to get to you. It's cheap but it works :o

I like it!

Cheap works just as well!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Ignore the whole graveyard area at the start, I made the same mistake when I first started and kept getting destroyed by the skeletons, I thought it was the only path I could go but you can go the opposite way from Firelink Shrine up towards the aqueduct style bridge and the enemies are much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

GK1001 wrote: »
    Threw it on again last night and I spent an hour getting used to the controls again and the black knight continually kicking my @ss. Total noob Q but what's the best way to kill this dude...I've been pretty gung-ho so far and still rusty on the combat controls, probably need to take my time a bit more.

Best way, parry and riposte.

Easiest way, stay at distance, backing up, learn his move set. And know when you've an opening for 1 hit. Take it, and back up some more. Keep blocking with shield when he's attacking.

Do NOT block when he's not attacking, to speed up stamina regen, this is VERY important in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So I just killed Nito, now I'm going to England for the summer so won't be able to play on, NO :(

So I just killed Nito, now I'm going to England for the summer so won't be able to play on, NO :(

Go enjoy yourself we'll still be here when you get back, fighting the good fight.

Praise the sun!

• Advertisement

Thought I'd be as well to start a new game seeing as I wasn't all that far into it, already reached the first bell tower after a few hours play and only a handful of deaths, so much easier second time round. I lost 10000 souls to that big boar thing guarding the gate to the church but that aside its been smooth sailing so far. My main problem now is that I'm not strong enough so probably going to need a bit of grinding, don't think I I'd last 10 seconds against the bell gargoyles yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Harps wrote: »
    Thought I'd be as well to start a new game seeing as I wasn't all that far into it, already reached the first bell tower after a few hours play and only a handful of deaths, so much easier second time round. I lost 10000 souls to that big boar thing guarding the gate to the church but that aside its been smooth sailing so far. My main problem now is that I'm not strong enough so probably going to need a bit of grinding, don't think I I'd last 10 seconds against the bell gargoyles yet!

How do you beat that boar thing. Iv only just got there and died a few times

If you lure him down to the area you entered at the gate, he can't advance past it so you can kill him with pyromancy or a bow. His weak spot is his ass!

Also the Gargoyles are very easy if you summon Solaire!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you lure him down to the area you entered at the gate, he can't advance past it so you can kill him with pyromancy or a bow. His weak spot is his ass!

You can also leg it up to where the archers are and shoot him from there.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

First time I played it I just went up to the area above and threw firebombs at him, cheap but effective. I didn't have any this time though so tried taking him on with a sword but as I mentioned that failed miserably.

You don't need to kill it though, just run past it and theres steps to the right of the gate, go down there and you're safe

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »

There is a walkway above him. On it are some "alluring skulls", throw them into the fire below which is just near him. He'll kill himself. Or practice your dodging with him and your weapon of choice.

Also, he does not respawn, he's a miniboss, just kill him once. There'll be more of him later, but they need different tictacs.

Summon Solaire AND Lautrec to make it super easy.
    To summon Lautrec you first need to free him. Then take the lift back to firelink and talk to him for your reward. Then when you head back to the gargoyles his summon sign will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Summon Solaire AND Lautrec to make it super easy.
    To summon Lautrec you first need to free him. Then take the lift back to firelink and talk to him for your reward. Then when you head back to the gargoyles his summon sign will be there.

then
    murder the sneaky fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

For the boar I usually aggro him and then kinda lure him to run down the steps to where the hollow villagers are (and where the Mystery Key is) but I would lure him down while staying up top so I just dual wield and jump and plunge attack from above gets him in one hit (when using Astora Straight Sword anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Is the Undead Burg a good place to start or not?

And what's the Praise the Sun thing? I've seen it in a load of messages in the game and someone just posted it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

And what's the Praise the Sun thing? I've seen it in a load of messages in the game and someone just posted it there.

Your on the right track with the undead burg. Praise the sun is just a phrase from one of the covenants, you'll come across it a lot.

The Dark souls wiki is invaluable. I wouldn't have got half as far as i have done without it.

Gargoyles killed after only two attempts, should have done it first time but stupidly rolled off the edge of the roof with both of them nearly dead. It really hits home how much the game is about practice and patience rather than simply being difficult, first time I played I must have had about 20 attempts to kill them

Had my first ever invasion earlier as well which was strange, there was really bad lag and none of the hits were registering so we were just running around each other in circles for ages, he eventually one shotted me though with some sort of massive lightning shooting spear

he eventually one shotted me though with some sort of massive lightning shooting spear

Ah, the first weapon I crafted from a boss soul by the sounds of it. Never really used it much tbh.

Just reached Blighttown last night, I can tell already I'm going to hate the place. Made it to the bonfire but haven't a clue where I'm supposed to go, the whole place is just a massive maze

Anyone want to give be a clue..I'm at the bonfire on a stone bridge and all I'm doing is wondering about randomly before eventually dying and starting all over again. I see some sort of big bug down below but haven't managed to make it that far yet

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just reached Blighttown last night, I can tell already I'm going to hate the place. Made it to the bonfire but haven't a clue where I'm supposed to go, the whole place is just a massive maze

Anyone want to give be a clue..I'm at the bonfire on a stone bridge and all I'm doing is wondering about randomly before eventually dying and starting all over again. I see some sort of big bug down below but haven't managed to make it that far yet

From the bonfire head back towards the ladder you came down but go past it across another stone bridge, that section of Blightown is relatively linear believe it or not. Go slowly, use the Spider shield if you have it as it will completely block the toxic darts.

Blighttown is one of those places that's very hard to give directions for. Essentially what you need to be doing is making your way down to the bottom until you reach the swamp. A good indicator point is trying to make it to the giant bug that's on the wall. There are caves around there where you need to take ladders down to eventually reach the swamp. When you reach the swamp there is a bonfire close by in another cave area. you should see it when you are running around.

You can reach a few areas from the swamp:
    - Quelaags Domain, which is the next main boss to ring the other area. It is the area that has all the webs.
    - The Great Hollow
    - The other part of Blighttown. Take the waterwheel up from the far side of the swamp and you reach another part of blighttown where you can get a few items. The exit here leads to Valley of the Drakes which connects to Darkroot Basin and New Londo Ruins. This way connects very easy to Firelink Shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Regarding Blighttown... Follow the torches. Try to get to the bottom. Look for a bonfire in the distance. Look for a spider's nest. Bring purple moss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah Blighttown, the scourge of any Dark Souls adventure.

Personally, watch out for the poison dart throwers. They suck.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ah Blighttown, the scourge of any Dark Souls adventure.

Personally, watch out for the poison dart throwers. They suck.

Tomb of the giants is worse (at least it is if you don't have a
    sunlight maggot
    , but at least you can just run past everything in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Tomb of the giants is worse (at least it is if you don't have a
    sunlight maggot
    , but at least you can just run past everything in that.

The amount of times I cursed in there, but I think Blighttown is worse for the sheer corrosive water and the pain it takes to get from the bonfire to Quelaags Domain.

Vicxas wrote: »
    The amount of times I cursed in there, but I think Blighttown is worse for the sheer corrosive water and the pain it takes to get from the bonfire to Quelaags Domain.

You sure you found the nearest bonfire to attack Quelaag Domain from? It's a brief 2, with 2, maybe 3 beasties to dispatchs. The rest you can avoid.

Well that wasn't half as bad as it seemed, once I figured out what path I was supposed to be taking I actually quite enjoyed it, considering everything I read about them I didn't think the poison dart things were much trouble at all and the framerate slowdown didn't really cause any issues.. Ready to enter Quelaag's Domain now

Is there any advantage to killing the big spider thing on the wall? I did a suicide run to get the pyromancy scroll it was guarding so didn't bother killing it

You only get 1000 souls for killing it. The only benefit of killing it was as you described, getting the Pyromancy Scroll (power within) it's gaurding. But if you got it on a suicide run I wouldn't worry too much about the bug

• Advertisement

Surprisingly I actually found Blighttown pretty easy when I played through it. The mos annoying part was trying to get the
    firekeeper soul
    surrounded by them damn dart blowers. Went through it pretty easily, plus it's it's a very good area to farm the slugs, I forget what they drop but it was something I needed!

Tomb of the Giants drove me insane even with the
    sunlight maggot

Advertisement