Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I felt that the initial start was almost the hardest part of the game. Once I got through Undead Paris I was flying it!

Haven't had much time to play lately, just cleared New Londo this morning though which I found easy.

My Balder Side sword is at +11 and my God, it is destroying!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Once you get the weapon's upgraded the difficulty really falls away, the first part of the game was definitely the hardest imo.

I'm as far as Anor londo in NG+ already, got fed up at the bit on the ramparts with the dragonslayer archers, each time their arrow hits my shield I fall off. It's doubley frustrating as it gave me no trouble first time around :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is the game better with the meelee or magic characters

Is the game better with the meelee or magic characters

I far prefer melee in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

For PVE magic seems a bit better especially for boss battles but melee is probably more fun. Either way the game is fairly challenging :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

A guy joined my game and killed me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Keno 92 wrote: »

get used to that

get used to that

I saw a message on the floor asking to invite someone. Was that how he got in?

Can people join without an invite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'm as far as Anor londo in NG+ already, got fed up at the bit on the ramparts with the dragonslayer archers, each time their arrow hits my shield I fall off. It's doubley frustrating as it gave me no trouble first time around :mad:

That was only part of the game so far that made me rage quit

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw a message on the floor asking to invite someone. Was that how he got in?

Can people join without an invite?

The white summon signs are for people who will help you fight the boss and that, you can invade players games using cracked red eye orbs (or other items you can receive through covenants). I just stay hollow most if the time to avoid getting invaded tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

If you do get invaded try find a white summon sign and invite someone in,run away and let them fight your battle :p

The 4 Kings are painful.

The 4 Kings are painful.

Get in as close as possible, keep strafing and they can't hit you.

Managed to get them on my 4th attempt, just. The actual boss in the end I found alright, it was the damn walk to get there, annoyed me no end!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Anyone else having problems signing in to GFWL as of a day or two ago? My other GFWL games are affected too it seems.

Been playing on and off since Christmas, and I beat Bed of Chaos just the other day. Feel like I was finally getting to the end of the game, now can't even launch it :(

Windows 8...

I killed the second boss! Woot :)

I then found myself by a dragon so I made my down to go past him. I went up these windy stairs only to find a guy as big as a tree that resembled bloody Sauron from LOTR. Dead. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I killed the second boss! Woot :)

I then found myself by a dragon so I made my down to go past him. I went up these windy stairs only to find a guy as big as a tree that resembled bloody Sauron from LOTR. Dead. :(

that would be a black knight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Anyone else having problems signing in to GFWL as of a day or two ago? My other GFWL games are affected too it seems.

Been playing on and off since Christmas, and I beat Bed of Chaos just the other day. Feel like I was finally getting to the end of the game, now can't even launch it :(

Windows 8...

On the off chance that anyone with the same problem sees this, restoring Windows to a restore point a few days ago fixed resolved the issue. My suspicion would be that one of the recent windows updates caused the problem, not sure though.

Currently stomping around in the tomb of the giants. My character is overpowered though, as it's not very difficult :(

Managed to get them on my 4th attempt, just. The actual boss in the end I found alright, it was the damn walk to get there, annoyed me no end!

Yeah, thats the one place where the game crosses the line from challenging into tedious for me. The bosses are hard enough without having to play through half the level again to get to them everytime you die.

The Drake sword is mine.....muahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

• Advertisement

The Drake sword is mine.....muahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

That's the easy way out :P Don't give in!!

That's the easy way out :P Don't give in!!

Pffffffffff. I need all the help I can get.

Pffffffffff. I need all the help I can get.

Yeah it's a godsend early on! Most of the other weapons overtake it pretty quickly when you start upgrading them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Gonna get back into this again tomorrow I hope, gave it a brief shot a few months ago (reached the depths) but wanted to get Mass Effect 3 finished first so now thats out of the way I'm free to spend all summer on Dark Souls. Good to see there's still a few first timers here to share the experience with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Will this thread ever die? Dark Souls 2 will be released and this thread will still be going strong.

Will this thread ever die? Dark Souls 2 will be released and this thread will still be going strong.

The thread won't die but we will. Constantly. The irony of it all!!

God dammit Solaire!! Only the good die young :'(

The Balder Side Sword +15 is insanely good, it isn't even close to being matched by my +5 Lightning Uchigitana!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Started this a few months back and got 2hrs or so into it and was going pretty smooth. Ran into a black knight, can't remember place exactly but I went into a graveyard sort of area and then up the side of a cliff to the right and on a bit. Black knight killed me a few times and I logged off...it was about 2am and I had work in the morning.

The next day some new DLC and UVHM came out for Borderlands and Dark Souls took a back seat for a while.

Threw it on again last night and I spent an hour getting used to the controls again and the black knight continually kicking my @ss. Total noob Q but what's the best way to kill this dude...I've been pretty gung-ho so far and still rusty on the combat controls, probably need to take my time a bit more.

Bad thing is though BL2 has just released more DLC ysterday:rolleyes:

Gonna give Dark Souls a proper go now though

GK1001 wrote: »
    Started this a few months back and got 2hrs or so into it and was going pretty smooth. Ran into a black knight, can't remember place exactly but I went into a graveyard sort of area and then up the side of a cliff to the right and on a bit. Black knight killed me a few times and I logged off...it was about 2am and I had work in the morning.

The next day some new DLC and UVHM came out for Borderlands and Dark Souls took a back seat for a while.

Threw it on again last night and I spent an hour getting used to the controls again and the black knight continually kicking my @ss. Total noob Q but what's the best way to kill this dude...I've been pretty gung-ho so far and still rusty on the combat controls, probably need to take my time a bit more.

Bad thing is though BL2 has just released more DLC ysterday:rolleyes:

Gonna give Dark Souls a proper go now though

My advice would be to avoid him at all costs until you level up a fair bit. They are very tough early on in the game.

If that's the Knight up the tower in Undead Parish just leave him be, think there is one in Undead Burg to but again, he can be ignored!

• Advertisement

My advice would be to avoid him at all costs until you level up a fair bit. They are very tough early on in the game.

If that's the Knight up the tower in Undead Parish just leave him be, think there is one in Undead Burg to but again, he can be ignored!

Actually if it's the one up the tower.....once you have the area where the Fang-Boar was clear of undead lure the knight out of the tower. Make sure he's following you, then run up to the fire that's burning on the left. Keep the fire between you and him and he'll kill himself in the flames trying to get to you. It's cheap but it works :o

Advertisement