Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Harps wrote: »
    Nah its not even at the bottom of the shaft any more after respawning so looks like I've lost it. I haven't been using spears anyway so not too bothered

Made it to Anor Londo earlier, a relief to be somewhere that looks nice and has wide open spaces after the dark claustrophobic feel to Blighttown and the Depths. Have a feeling those giant knights will be attacking me before too long though!

that lightening spear is a fairly strong weapon for that early in the game. it's a handy weapon , but you will soon find stronger ones

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd always do a leaping two handed attack on a chest just to make sure it's not a mimic, and if it is you'd knock a good chunk of hp off them. If you keep hacking with a strong enough weapon they'll be dead before they can stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

weiland79 wrote: »
    I think we are following the same path. I've just got to the main gate of the big cathederal in Anor Londo. What platform are you playing on? Those big Knights aren't really too much of a problem. Watch out for the mimicry though!

Playing on xbox, the last thing I did yesterday was clear out the cathedral floor with the big painting. The painting had a load of messages warning of imminent grief, sorrow etc around it so didn't think it was wise to examine it just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Playing on xbox, the last thing I did yesterday was clear out the cathedral floor with the big painting. The painting had a load of messages warning of imminent grief, sorrow etc around it so didn't think it was wise to examine it just yet

You need a doll from the undead burg I think to access that. I don't have it and was debating going back for it last night but decided on clearing the level first and then doing it. Undead burg seems so far away. I'm on ps3 myself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You need a doll from the undead burg I think to access that. I don't have it and was debating going back for it last night but decided on clearing the level first and then doing it. Undead burg seems so far away. I'm on ps3 myself.

The doll is in Undead asylum not burg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It's in the asylum in the cell you started in. It's guarded by a giant teddy bear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you have to run up real close and tickle its stomach, it's a pretty easy fight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

And watch out for his furry greatsword....

It's in the asylum in the cell you started in. It's guarded by a giant teddy bear.
    you have to run up real close and tickle its stomach, it's a pretty easy fight
    Vicxas wrote: »
    And watch out for his furry greatsword....

Wait wait wait this somewhat goes against the general theme of death and despair.

I don't know if you guys can be trusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i had a good bit of trouble with him as i did not head back there till NG+ for some reason. i find
    the lifehunt scythe or other quick bleed weapons
    can make quick work of him

• Advertisement

Wait wait wait this somewhat goes against the general theme of death and despair.

I don't know if you guys can be trusted!

They can't be trusted but I can, just make a bee line for that bonfire after you kill the first few guys with torches. :)

Now I'm torn between going back for it or finishing Anor Londo first.
    Those giant knights seem like a pretty good way of getting a few souls. Think they drop 1500 at a time with 6 right beside the bonfire should rack up plenty in a relatively short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Ok so I'm after starting this today (finally!) and have reached Firelink shrine. I have a feeling I'm going to love it already going by the feel of combat and stuff. I am wondering, though, where would it be best to head to first? I did accidentally wander into a graveyard and that didn't go well, so I'm guessing not there anyway. Also, if anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated (I picked a pyromancer if that makes any difference).

Now I'm torn between going back for it or finishing Anor Londo first.
    Those giant knights seem like a pretty good way of getting a few souls. Think they drop 1500 at a time with 6 right beside the bonfire should rack up plenty in a relatively short time.

Finish Anor Londo first. Once you're done their you'll find that getting around between different areas is a lot easier.
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm after starting this today (finally!) and have reached Firelink shrine. I have a feeling I'm going to love it already going by the feel of combat and stuff. I am wondering, though, where would it be best to head to first? I did accidentally wander into a graveyard and that didn't go well, so I'm guessing not there anyway. Also, if anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated (I picked a pyromancer if that makes any difference).

Head up towards the Aquadect thing, everywhere else you haven't a hope of surviving at that stage in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    .... snip... I am wondering, though, where would it be best to head to first? I did accidentally wander into a graveyard and that didn't go well, so I'm guessing not there anyway.....snip....

Thats exactly the way to do it :D keep adventuring dude, you'll find the way soon enough. Usually if the enemies seem far too hard, you're going the wrong way.Of course you could use a guide either, but I enjoyed trying to avoid guides as much as I could the first playthrough.

I swear to god this game can be so #%^*%#^***£% frustrating at times!!!!

Yeah tell me about it..I've made zero progress today after about two hours of playing.

Those gargoyle things around the cathedral have been giving me a lot of trouble, can't seem to fully block their attacks and they take off a load of stamina, not too bad one at a time but when they gang up on me they've been destroying me

Such an effort to have to repeatedly fight those two big knights on the journey back up as well

Yeah tell me about it..I've made zero progress today after about two hours of playing.

Those gargoyle things around the cathedral have been giving me a lot of trouble, can't seem to fully block their attacks and they take off a load of stamina, not too bad one at a time but when they gang up on me they've been destroying me

Such an effort to have to repeatedly fight those two big knights on the journey back up as well

That's exactly where I am and made zero progress too. Had to give up for the night. The white gargoyles aren't too much of a problem try luring them one at a time with an arrow or dagger. It's the two fvckers with bows a little further up that had me pulling my hair out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm afraid to say, there worse waiting once you get past the gargoyle fella's!

To get past them though, I usually make sure I'm light and just run/dodge them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Finish Anor Londo first. Once you're done their you'll find that getting around between different areas is a lot easier.

Head up towards the Aquadect thing, everywhere else you haven't a hope of surviving at that stage in the game.

unless your a sorcerer then head straight down the lift to buy more spells from the guy in the cell just outside new londo

• Advertisement

That's exactly where I am and made zero progress too. Had to give up for the night. The white gargoyles aren't too much of a problem try luring them one at a time with an arrow or dagger. It's the two fvckers with bows a little further up that had me pulling my hair out!

Yeah I've beaten the first group a few times but its the two after you cross the little bridge combined with the arrows that I just cant seem to beat

If its the two black knights on the way up the kind of path shooting arrows the same size you are then what I did was go right after the tower int eh middle that gives you cover but do not run straight to the ledge... theres a place where your covered from one but can dodge the other one by running back and forward or rolling sideways with your bow out, its ridiculously easy to kill the first one if you've magic... then just leg it past his dead body

enjoy ornstein and smough( fat b###ard that he is)

Those Knight archers on the ramparts is probably the most frustrating part of the entire game. Rage quit on it in NG+, funnily enough in my first playthrough I got past it first time by pure fluke. Just legged it towards them with my shield up and when I got near the one on the right he took out his sword and fell off when he swung for me.

Those Knight archers on the ramparts is probably the most frustrating part of the entire game. Rage quit on it in NG+, funnily enough in my first playthrough I got past it first time by pure fluke. Just legged it towards them with my shield up and when I got near the one on the right he took out his sword and fell off when he swung for me.

Its straightforward enough. Just leg up about halfway theres a partition between you and the second archer so only one can fire at you at a time which you can easily sidestep while spamming him with magic or arrows, you dont need to deal with both of them. If a person is building a knight class without much range and can't finish them then the only thing is to level up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Head up the stairs, go right and run past the two big guys, they will de-agro, and you can then focus on the gargoyles.
    And a bow can pick off the gargoyles by knocking them back off the edge, some of them.

Of course, if you use a bow, one may be used against you. ::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

On NG+ you can use Ring of Fog and snipe them, they de-agro a lot more easily.

On NG+ you can use Ring of Fog and snipe them, they de-agro a lot more easily.

Yea I ended up using ring of fog and slumbering dragoncrest ring once remembered I had them.

Well, either I completely fluked it or I'm missing something but I just beat the archers part first time without any trouble at all..just ran all the way up, knocked one off the edge and carried on around

Well, either I completely fluked it or I'm missing something but I just beat the archers part first time without any trouble at all..just ran all the way up, knocked one off the edge and carried on around

F off :)

• Advertisement

Came in last night with 8 pints on my fired it up and beat the archers first time.

Hurrah for pints!

Advertisement