Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I did before Blighttown to get the Rusted Iron Ring but got owned by the boss, it may be time to give him another visit :D

not sure what I can say without spoiling... its not even that much of a spoiler I guess.. and there's no way I can really tell you without actually... just telling you

check out the cell you escaped from at the very start of the game, if you haven't already. if you have, then if you're already at the boss in anor londo you missed something pretty cool earlier on in the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ornstein and Smough I...I just give up. I have almost no humanity left, all towards summoning Solaire, they are easy 1 v 1 but when Solaire dies I get annihilated. :(

Got the skinny dude down, the fat guy 1 hits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Lure fatty (Smough) to one of the pillars and use the pillar inbetween yourself and him. He will attack but won't connect since he is being blocked by the pillar. When he does an attack that you know has no connections, run in for a hit or two (not more) and move back and essentially keep him inbewteen the pillars and do the same.

The DLC is defo worth it. Good few new bosses and armor/items. The bosses are quite difficult and I think the Knight Artorias fight should have been a better representation of a 'final' boss fight.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    what's the deal with Sif? You definitely have to kill him don't you?
    You need to kill Sif to properly fight the Four Kings. Killing Sif gives you Ring of Artorias to traverse the Abyss to fight the 4 Kings
    . Without it you die as soon as you enter the Abyss.

do the dlc before you fight sif though

no reason in particular... just trust me on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

do the dlc before you fight sif though

no reason in particular... just trust me on this

Yeah, but unless you've done it normally you'll not realise the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Ornstein and Smough I...I just give up. I have almost no humanity left, all towards summoning Solaire, they are easy 1 v 1 but when Solaire dies I get annihilated. :(

Got the skinny dude down, the fat guy 1 hits me.

Stop using humanity to summon Solaire until you're very comfortable with the two of them solo. The practice will stand you in good stead. And with Solaire it will then allow you to choose who you pick off.

If you kill fatty first then Ornstein is actually surprisingly easy, even when powered up. Smough with his giant lighting butt smash can be a right pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah Ornstein and Smough.... made me cry on more than 1 occasion.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You need to kill Sif to properly fight the Four Kings. Killing Sif gives you Ring of Artorias to traverse the Abyss to fight the 4 Kings
    . Without it you die as soon as you enter the Abyss.

Ah yeah I did all that, just thought maybe there was another way to go about it or something.

I ploughed through the drmon ruins last night killing all the bossess on first try without any help. Think I might have leveled up myself and my weapons a bit too much :o

Seath the Scaleless took me a while to beat beforehand though even when summoning 2 people to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

worth summoning people for seath, just for his tail to get the moonlight great sword. great sword for intelligence builds, and it's handy in PvP too !!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

2smiggy wrote: »
    worth summoning people for seath, just for his tail to get the moonlight great sword. great sword for intelligence builds, and it's handy in PvP too !!

Yeah I managed to get it while Seath was distracted by the folks i had summoned. My character isn't strong enough to wield it at the moment though as I went for a Dex build.

Do I carry all the stuff i've collected into NG+ or do I completely start from scratch again?

If you have a maxed out Pyromancy Flame, it's very easy to cut Seath's Tail and kill him. Let him hit the primordial crystal himself and run to his back when he is stunned and use great combustion on his tail, about 2 or 3 gets his tail off.
    Do I carry all the stuff i've collected into NG+ or do I completely start from scratch again?

You carry over all your stuff except for a few specific items such as the Lava Ring, Ring of Artorias.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sort of important to get as many spells and miracles as you can. its nice to be able to have these for the second play through, and be able to double the likes of crystal soul spear , WOTG's for use in NG+ and onwards. NG+ is the only tough difficulty jump, after that it is less severe.

Spent an hour farming humanity in the depths last night so I could rank up Chaos Servant and save Solaire of Astora. So I go and open the shortcut and there he already is standing with one of those damn bugs in his head. What did I do wrong? :(

Does anyone know how I can farm Twinkling Titanite and Titanite Chunks?

titanite chunks
    by killing the darkwraiths in new londo ruins, it's a common enough drop if you have 410 discovery

not sure about twinkling. guess you could farm souls and then buy it from
    the blacksmith in anor londo

Does anyone know how I can farm Twinkling Titanite and Titanite Chunks?

I think for Twinkling titanite your as well to just buy it from
    the giant blacksmith in Anor Londo.
    The Darkwraith Knights in New Londo Ruins
    dropped a few titanite chunks when I was playing through there, so you could probably farm it there. Did you get the covetous gold serpant ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I'm probably the only one of this opinion but I preferred how tightly focused Demon's Souls was. I've played through Dark Souls once but after that I feel no compulsion to do it again, mostly because of how long it takes to get through everything.
    Or maybe it's just that it was my first playthrough so naturally I took longer. The fact that I wasn't that into the PvP probably didn't help either.

Seeing as this has been out for a while, is min-maxing the only way to go in PvP? I've a friend who mostly does giantdad and other min-maxed builds, which isn't really something I'm into.
    I'd say skill is more important!

Does anyone know how I can farm Twinkling Titanite

Best place to farm Twinkling Titinate
    is from the clamshell guys before you fight Seath
    . With the Gold Covetous Ring and a few humanity you can have loads of them in a few runs.

Thanks guys, twinkling titanite should be no problem in that case. I do have the Covetous ring so hopefully chunks won't be a problem.

I'm already gearing towards NG+ :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Spent an hour farming humanity in the depths last night so I could rank up Chaos Servant and save Solaire of Astora. So I go and open the shortcut and there he already is standing with one of those damn bugs in his head. What did I do wrong? :(
    Same thing's only just happened to me the last time I played about a week ago :(. When did you kill the bugs? After the centipede demon?

Morte wrote: »
    Same thing's only just happened to me the last time I played about a week ago :(. When did you kill the bugs? After the centipede demon?

Yeah had killed the centipede demon, but only went as far as the bonfire where solaire was sitting afterwards, didnt go into lost izalith.

Anytime I opened the Shortcut was before the Firesage boss, so when I opened it I then went and killed Firesage/Centipede Demon and Solaire was sitting there by the bonfire. Then when I went back to the Shortcut when being in Lost Izalith was then where I saw Solaire sitting down with the bugs jumping about the place that you have to kill and save him.

So I think the best way to do this is get your humanity, go to Fair Lady, give Humanity, go to Demon Ruins but open Shortcut before Firesage/Centipede demon. Then when you defeat the Centipede and head back to the Shortcut Solaire should be alive, but you have to kill the bugs anyway and then talk to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Best place to farm Twinkling Titinate
    is from the clamshell guys before you fight Seath
    . With the Gold Covetous Ring and a few humanity you can have loads of them in a few runs.

Other thing you could do is farm souls in the Painted World if you're a Pyro and then buy them from the giant blacksmith in Anor Londo.

Trust me, killing the
    Clamshells
    will yield alot more reward. In the painted world, I think I know which guys you mean, but you would have to run the bonfire and back about 4 or more times to yield the souls to buy only a few twinkling titinate. If you farm them from the
    Clamshells
    you can get about 4 twinkling titinates average per one bonfire run and the bonfire is just right beside these guys. Sometimes they drop 2 twinkling titinates each if you're lucky.

The only downside is that
    Clamshells
    can be tough to beat if you don't have a high damage output. A fully upgraded pyro flame or Soul Spear with high INT takes them down easy.

To get some Twinkling Titinate early until doing the above, best thing to do his find Crystal Lizards but you can also get 4 in total from
    Snuggly the Crow
    by trading Moss. (1 Purple moss for 1 Twinkling, 1 Red Moss for 1 Twinkling, 1 purple+white moss for 2 Twinkling)

Some early Crystal Lizard locations from personal experience:
    - Before Taurus demon boss fog hiding in a barrel
    - On mountain path down to Darkroot Basin from Darkroot Garden
    - Two in Catacombs after pushing the second lever, cross the bridge and turn right after the Necro + 2 skeletons.
    - Whole bunch of them in The Great Hollow. Best have a bow handy to snipe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Snip..

- Whole bunch of them in The Great Hollow. Best have a bow handy to snipe them.

You can actually get to where the Lizard appears, quit the game and reload to make them appear on restart. Repeat as often as you have to untill you have hunted them all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

It's a Sunday morning and I've nothing to do so I've decided to start a new game of dark souls , I've only really scratched the surface with it so far and it's been months since I played it so I'm starting from scratch again , on question is what character should I choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

It's a Sunday morning and I've nothing to do so I've decided to start a new game of dark souls , I've only really scratched the surface with it so far and it's been months since I played it so I'm starting from scratch again , on question is what character should I choose

In a new game? Doesn't make a bit of difference which character you choose tbh, you can make any character into anything else. I usually start with Pyro as they come with a Pyro glove.

I went for a Wanderer as they seemed to have a good balance of everything. I concentrated on dexterity, vitality and endurance when leveling up. Worth getting strength up to 16 too so you can use the Drake sword early on.

Finished the game yesterday (
    I lit the bonfire, was expecting a bit more of an end sequence though tbh!
    And I played NG+ for a few hours, really flying through it up to Sen's Fortress already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I just started today. I picked the Pyromancer class and Master key skill. I just finished up by killing the first boss. My God, I've only started and I am already feeling the difficulty mount!

Advertisement