Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was looking up a few stalker mods to see which one I wanted to install/play this time around

decided... no, I'll just start another playthrough of dark souls instead

I don't even know who I am anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Any ideas what to spend souls on? I'm level 74 and haven't levelled up for the past while as it's been too easy :eek:. I'm a complete tank, black knight sword +5 and Havel's set. The sword is a complete beast. I've been levelling a few weapons to +6 or so but I obviously don't have the special ones to go much further. I only have a few levels of pyromancy to go as well which will be my main target. I could add some ATT or FAI to start adding some more spells but that'll be adding to my resistances.

I'm about to enter Lost Izalith and then have the 4 kings and the DLC to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just finished The Last of Us after a long extended break from the PS3 but now I'm craving some Dark Souls love again.

New character being started tonight. Any new builds floating about worth checking out? I have a pure strength and dex/fai pvp build so something magic based this time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just took on the Stray Demon. Nope. I am not ready for that yet :)

So, to Blightown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Gah! Just killed Solaire :(. I was following the wiki guide to saving him but he showed up in the corridor with the bugs anyway. I know there's no great reward for not killing him but I really wanted not to :mad:.

• Advertisement

Ceaseless Discharge, any tips? There is nothing I can do to avoid a hit coming from the fog! I'm getting destroyed, can't seem to avoid any of his attacks.

Nevermind, Epic Name Bro's got my back :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just took on the Stray Demon. Nope. I am not ready for that yet :)

So, to Blightown!!

Grab the Iaito when you're in Blightown, once you have it up to +10 or so you'll kill the Stray Demon easily.

Just beat the Four Kings there, took me four goes or so, didn't bother summoning the MPC after the first try. They weren't that hard but having to come all the way from Firelink Shrine everytime you die is frankly a joke, nearly felt like giving up on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just beat the Four Kings there, took me four goes or so, didn't bother summoning the MPC after the first try. They weren't that hard but having to come all the way from Firelink Shrine everytime you die is frankly a joke, nearly felt like giving up on the game.

There is a shortcut in New Londo to get to the boss fog after draining the water, it's kinda hard to say but when you cross the wooden bridges towards New Londo, instead of going up the stone stairs (and encountering the ghosts), turn right next to the stairs and you can jump down. You will encounter a few Darkwraiths but you could avoid these easily. saves a few minutes rather than going the 'normal' way.

Morte wrote: »
    Gah! Just killed Solaire :(. I was following the wiki guide to saving him but he showed up in the corridor with the bugs anyway. I know there's no great reward for not killing him but I really wanted not to :mad:.

Did you
    join Chaos Servant Covenant to +2?
    You can't save him any other way than this as you need to access the Shortcut to Lost Izalith before actually going there.

Big Knox wrote: »
    New character being started tonight. Any new builds floating about worth checking out? I have a pure strength and dex/fai pvp build so something magic based this time I think.

Decided against a new build as magic really isn't my thing so started a SL1 run (Technically SL3 as went with Wanderer) and going to do it full melee.

Didn't get to play too long but had both bells rung in just over 2 hours. Better than I expected but from Sens onward the difficulty will spike massively. Fun so far though, hopefully I'll see it through.

• Advertisement

I did an SL2 run and found Pyromancy to be very helpful! Particularly when fighting O&S as Ornstein will go down quick, also for the Four Kings.

I did an SL2 run and found Pyromancy to be very helpful! Particularly when fighting O&S as Ornstein will go down quick, also for the Four Kings.

Going full melee to up the challenge a bit, I would have preferred to start as a pyro at SL1 but decided wanderer was the best option for a full 2h melee run. I have a bow for pulling mobs but won't be upgrading it. Everything gets the sword!! :pac:

If you don't want to go full Pyro, id recommend at least getting Power Within to increase your damage output, may as well put that attunement slot to good use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I started as a melee character on my first play. Probably not the best choice going by the comments. Currently fighting those two gargoyles and am about level 23 or so. Any tips particularly for newbies.

8 humanity and 60k souls down the drain

thanks blighttown/obama

chrislad wrote: »
    I started as a melee character on my first play. Probably not the best choice going by the comments. Currently fighting those two gargoyles and am about level 23 or so. Any tips particularly for newbies.

go human, summon solaire I think it is. his summon sign is on the ledge just before the fog gate before the boss

8 humanity and 60k souls down the drain

thanks blighttown/obama

What was it that got you? Dart guys/infested orc/zombie guys/ledge? Maybe all of these at once? :D

I remember losing 40k souls in blighttown, utter raged at the time.

fell off the waterwheel :/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is a shortcut in New Londo to get to the boss fog after draining the water, it's kinda hard to say but when you cross the wooden bridges towards New Londo, instead of going up the stone stairs (and encountering the ghosts), turn right next to the stairs and you can jump down. You will encounter a few Darkwraiths but you could avoid these easily. saves a few minutes rather than going the 'normal' way.

Yea I was actually using the shortcut and still found it very tedious. I think it was having to use that elevator every time that got to me tbh

If you don't want to go full Pyro, id recommend at least getting Power Within to increase your damage output, may as well put that attunement slot to good use :)

Yep that's the plan! Is it still better to use it with an unascended pyro flame?

• Advertisement

Yep that's the plan! Is it still better to use it with an unascended pyro flame?

epicnamebro did a video where he showed it doesn't matter

fell off the waterwheel :/

Sorry I genuinely laughed at that. You've got to love DS, you can be as experienced as you like but sh1t like this will always happen at some point!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i think the glove without being upgraded takes less life from you than the ascended glove. just from thinking back after playing myself, but i must have a look at ENB's video. He really is the best for dark souls stuff.

I started another game last night , unsure what to do really. i have another character just before the final boss with dex faith build. the only thing more i can do with it is get to 50 strength for the grant. having that and wrath of the gods would make it very annoying for the people i invade. only thing is with 50 strength and 40 something faith the people i invade are generally high powered too.

anyone have any ideas for a one weapon play through, ever time i start a new build i end up pumping pointrs into every thing and anything. the current build i just started isa magic build, but i don't have to stick with this and i can pick and thing really as i will just be tackling the gargoyles this evening

Sorry I genuinely laughed at that. You've got to love DS, you can be as experienced as you like but sh1t like this will always happen at some point!! :p

it didnt happen once in 3 playthroughs
    then i was thinking to myself "strange that i've never fallen off this. its not that high anyway, i don't think I'd die" and then I fell off it four times

I lost my first large amount of souls, 25k or so, to that damn thing in Blighttown yesterday!

I'm making pretty good progress for a beginner I think, at Anor Londo at the moment, just past the bit in the church where you have to walk on the rafters.

Have my Balder Side Sword at +10, going to go to +15 with that. Have the Uchigitana at +9, think I will go to +5 Lightning with that. Then I'm gunna make a divine weapon for New Londo ruins and I should be sorted :D

I lost my first large amount of souls, 25k or so, to that damn thing in Blighttown yesterday!

I'm making pretty good progress for a beginner I think, at Anor Londo at the moment, just past the bit in the church where you have to walk on the rafters.

Have my Balder Side Sword at +10, going to go to +15 with that. Have the Uchigitana at +9, think I will go to +5 Lightning with that. Then I'm gunna make a divine weapon for New Londo ruins and I should be sorted :D

It's the catacombs you need the divine weapon for! A few transient curses are what you need for new londo, don't buy too many though as if you have the covetous hold dragon ring equipped the ghosts will drop them regularly enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

anyone close to lvl 70? thats my lvl

im just at the dukes archives and im stuck.... at the start, them crystal zombie things hit so hard even though im wearing +5 silver knight armour and ring of steel protection

they hit half of my health down and i have 938hp

could really use some help with this area

i completed it before but if i remember correctly it was my most hated area of dark souls :L the boss fight is easy enough but the libary part is just hard

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    anyone close to lvl 70? thats my lvl

im just at the dukes archives and im stuck.... at the start, them crystal zombie things hit so hard even though im wearing +5 silver knight armour and ring of steel protection

they hit half of my health down and i have 938hp

could really use some help with this area

i completed it before but if i remember correctly it was my most hated area of dark souls :L the boss fight is easy enough but the libary part is just hard

PC? I have a SL75 character. Hit me a PM if you want help. My GFWL name is same as this (not sure if you can send message/add people via input in GFWL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm surprised many people in here are playing this on PC. I too went for the PC version. Does anyone know how well it sold on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sorry im on xbox
    forgot to mention that :( thanks anyway mate

Advertisement