Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions- February 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Very wet between 7 and 8am with 10mm falling during the hour.

Continues to rain but much lighter.
    16mm today. My stream is in flood
    Only a 1.3C range is temp during past 24hrs
    max 8.4C, min 7.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Still, clear and spring-like in Galway City. Temp a pleasant 8.3C from an overnight low of 5.6C :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Lovely sunny and mild morning in Waterford City. Calm with a temp of 9.5c and rising.

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Was just up at some shops at the Royal Liver Park, at the junction of Kylemore Road and Naas Road in Dublin 12. I was in the car park shown here: http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.327756,-6.341756&spn=0.002089,0.006539&t=h&z=18

Anyway, on the approach to here, I could see some very dark based cumulus clouds slowly approaching from a westerly direction. The still seemed rain free at this point but very threatening. As I was leaving the shop to head for my car, I could hear the sound of heavy falling rain nearby but it was not raining where I was standing. To my right, at the far end of the car park (probably about 100 metres away or a little more), I could see torrential rain falling and bouncing off the ground. This was torrential as in summer thunderstorm torrential. Most striking was firstly the fine line between no rain and downpour and secondly the fact it was moving so slowly....literally walking pace. At this point, i should've got to my car while I could. Instead, i watched the downpour creep slowly closer and closer. It took well over 30 seconds to get me. I was under a glass canopy so was both dry and also had a great view. Completely calm conditions also meant that I didn't get rain blowing into me. The rain continued unabated with massive drops for a good ten minutes, at which point there was some minor flooding beginning to occur in the car park. I had also noticed that during the 10 or so minutes that visibility was perfect all the time and there was a large area of blue sky almost right overhead. It was also sunny the majority of the time. It then eased to a heavy/very heavy level so i made a run to the car.

From there I could see the cloudscape. The lumpy black base was now smooth due to the rain shadow and it was obvious that i had just got the very edge of it. As I made my way the couple of kilometres back to the office, I caught up on the torrential rain again and I had to wait for another few minutes when I got back, before it eased off enough to make a dash.

Sorry for the ramblings but it was just such a spectacular shower and also completely unexpected. It was like something that you would experience in the middle of August during a Spanish plume.....in February!!!

No thunder though but it actually didn't bother me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Lovely sunny and mild morning in Waterford City. Calm with a temp of 9.5c and rising.

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Temp maxed at 14.2c today. What a lovely day it was :D. Temp has dropped like a stone though, now standing at 8.6c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a Foggy start in Castlebar,it was a dry and bright day with light winds.7 Degrees atm,Calm,1011.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

highest temp today was 14.4, highest temp i have recorded since i got my weather station last week in November.

Currently, 6.4

A fairly wet night now in Castlebar now despite John Eagleton on the radio and Siobhan Ryan on the tv saying it would be dry with clear spells until late in the night/early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

4c.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

8 deg,misty rain with the odd heavy burst,light southerly wind

• Advertisement

Mild and drizzly in Galway City. Temp 9.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

word for todays weather
    Blah! Yuch!
    misty horrible stuff.

gonna be weepy tomorrow :)

A dull day in Castlebar with rain/drizzle.low cloud on hills etc etc.10 Degrees atm.Light SW'LY.1010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

talkabout wrote: »
    highest temp today was 14.4, highest temp i have recorded since i got my weather station last week in November.

Currently, 6.4
    I got 14.5 yesturday , highest temp i have recorded since i got my weather station in the last week in November. :pac: Beat that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Rte weather girl put up "weepy weather" to describe tomorrow, is that a real word or description :p

Fiskar wrote: »
    Rte weather girl put up "weepy weather" to describe tomorrow, is that a real word or description :p

So this is Weepy Weather :D Dull, damp misty rotten, Temp 9.9c with a light breeze from the SW.

Weepy Weather Cam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

sunny intervals and dry here now.

dark and wet this am in Ballina (co Mayo)

no weeping here .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

weeping is now smiling. :)

sunny and quite warm in the sun.

hey siobhan ryan has invented a gem... weepy weather hmmmmmmmm...

guess the election weather(other thread) will be weepy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

damp and misty start,sun came out this afternoon temp up to 12 deg,light southerly wind

Mild and dry in Galway city tonight with a light WSW'ly breeze. Temp 10.2C from a high of 14.3C earlier this afternoon.
    1011.6hPa - Rising slowly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

mp22 wrote: »
    damp and misty start,sun came out this afternoon temp up to 12 deg,light southerly wind
    The only thing that has me weepy is that we've had no weather since Xmas.
    I recorded 14c today - Dub Airport was 13c but I'm usually a degree higher.

Turning damp in Castlebar now after a dry day.8 Degrees.Moderate SW'LY.1011.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Officially the warmest day of the year so far in Sligo 13.2c beating the previous best of 11.4c by some distance. Tomorrow may set a new mark though tomorrow is of course today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

11 degrees, sunny and fairly warm, with just a slight breeze :)

Very disappointing day here in Waterford. Dull damp with a heavy weepy drizzle that would drench you. Temp 10.6c a drop on 1c in the last hour. So much for this nice day we were meant to have. :mad:

Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

11 deg,drizzle, a soft day

A fairly bright day in Castlebar with the sun breaking through the cloud,low cloud.Mild at 12 Degrees in a fresh Southerly wind.1015.

Spring has definitely sprung in Galway City. Temp 12.9C in a light S'ly breeze. Daffs are bursting into bloom all over the place and making up for the dull, overcast and gloomy skies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Fiskar wrote: »

After the 6.1 news today they used "Patchy Airmass Drizzle" to describe tomorrow.

What on earth does that mean and what should we wear? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

nc6000 wrote: »
    After the 6.1 news today they used "Patchy Airmass Drizzle" to describe tomorrow.

What on earth does that mean and what should we wear? :rolleyes:

haha

its because this weather is soooo boring , they have to make up words to make it sound good :D

patchy airmass drizzle , weepy weather , whats next , dry rain :eek::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement