Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions- February 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Current data for Ballybofey
    13 February 2011 22:32:45

Temperature (°C):
    Current 2.3
    Trend (per hour) -0.7
    Average today 4.0
    Wind chill 2.3
    Heat Index 2.3
    Dew Point 0.7
    Rel Humidity 89%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 1.1 S
    Average Speed 0.6 S

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0.0
    Last hour 0.0
    Total today 0.3
    Total yesterday 4.2

Pressure (mb):
    Current 988.0
    Trend (per hour) +0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A cool and calm morning in Galway City with some spectacular cloudscapes. Current temp 0.8C
    995.1hPa - Rising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Snowing in Castlebar. now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Currently there are sunny spells here in Waterford with a temp of 7.0c DP 0.9c and a light breeze at 13km/h from a WSW direction. Humidity is the lowest its been for a while standing at 67%.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Frequent hail and rain showers here all day, seems to be drying up now. 3.1C at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A mostly dry bright day in Castlebar apart from some morning showers(some a little wintery) 0 atm,Light Easterly.991.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Nice snowcapped mountains but clear skies and dry on lower ground. Temps ranging from 0-2 degrees

14 February 2011 22:48:10

Temperature (°C):
    Current -2.1
    Trend (per hour) -0.9
    Average today 2.2
    Wind chill -2.1
    Heat Index -2.1
    Dew Point -4.0
    Rel Humidity 87%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 0.0 SW
    Average Speed 0.0 ---

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0.0
    Last hour 0.0
    Total today 2.1
    Total yesterday 0.3

Pressure (mb):
    Current 990.8
    Trend (per hour) -0.2

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

A squally wind picked up there about 45 mins ago with heavy intermittent rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-1c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Same here pangea. Top of car already frozen. Bright moonlit night. Slight breeze.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Damp,wet cloudy morning in Waterford. 4.6mm of rain overnight also some strong gusts the highest being 60km/h. Temp is 6.1c, Pressure 977.7mb

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Miserable and wet in Galway city - Temp 4.8C

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Wet,7 deg

Flash flooding here outside arklow,I'm drowned caught out in it.
    Easily the heaviest I've seen in a long time.
    Very heavy hail mixed in.

It's times like these I wish My rain collector was working but alas,it's coming from the states so I won't have it for a week or more.
    That downpour easily going over a 100mm rain rate I'd say.
    No thunder.

5.7/5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭highdef

I can see those nasty looking returns over Wicklow on the new weather radar. Impressive amounts of rain indeed and they appear to be heading for the capital. I wonder if the mountains will suck a lot of the life out of it. I'd imagine to higher parts of the Wicklow mountains are currently getting a LOT of snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

8.2°C steady.
    976.9 hPa ↓ slowly
    Dry: Rain since midnight 11mm
    Calm with gusts to 34kmh

highdef wrote: »
    I can see those nasty looking returns over Wicklow on the new weather radar. Impressive amounts of rain indeed and they appear to be heading for the capital. I wonder if the mountains will suck a lot of the life out of it. I'd imagine to higher parts of the Wicklow mountains are currently getting a LOT of snow
    Yup I'd imagine anywhere in central wicklow above 2000ft and certainly lugnaquilla would be interesting!

Eased off here pretty much but a lot of water.
    No idea of the totals as the rain collecting section of the Davis is on order for replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oh just perfect timing to take down the Shannon radar just as things look like getting interesting on the west.
    Currently calm and dry, don't think I'll risk a walk though.

I think south leinster suffers from that radar black out too,methinks coverage here from shannon is usually better than Dublin even though Dublin is but 50 odd miles away.
    The wicklow mtns presumably..

very dark for the time of day,rain is heavyish now with some small hail.
    Throughout the rain this morning theres been some soft hail mixed in that makes it look like sleet.
    7.3/6.9

• Advertisement

A wet day in Castlebar,drying out now with the moon appearing.Light Southerly.979.

Cool, calm and bright in Galway City. Slight frost. Temp 0.9C from an earlier low of 0C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

6c and sunny. Gorgeous.:)

Cloudy breezy dull with rain not to far away now in Waterford City. Temp is 7.5c after getting down to 0.3c last night. Wind ESE @ 13km/h.

Streaming Webcam and live data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Lovely sunny day.

Lovely bright day today

16 February 2011 20:34:13

Temperature (°C):
    Current -0.7
    Trend (per hour) -1.8
    Average today 5.9
    Wind chill -0.7
    Heat Index -0.7
    Dew Point -2.9
    Rel Humidity 85%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 2.5 SW
    Average Speed 0.9 SW

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0.0
    Last hour 0.0
    Total today 1.8
    Total yesterday 3.6

Pressure (mb):
    Current 995.6
    Trend (per hour) +0.7

A dry bright day in Castlebar.Dry and cool now.3 Degrees,light Easterly.996.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lovely day here for a change, warm and sunny all day. Really cold tonight though, dry and foggy

-2.1C at the moment, quite a difference between here and the south and east of the country, up to 7C at the moment along the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Last of the fog almost gone, and the sun is gaining some strength. Definite feel of spring about.

• Advertisement

Last of the fog almost gone, and the sun is gaining some strength. Definite feel of spring about.

In total contrast to grey and gloomy Galway City where the fog has yet to fully lift. Temp currently 5C from an overnight low of 1.3C
    1004.3 hPa - Rising slowly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement