Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

No, generated new forms

jk86 wrote: »
    On my first application, I was missing 2 forms (identification & letter from the 3rd party who is providing the proof of funds) and it got refused.

So on the 2nd application I added these and kept the rest the same after rechecking everything.

Now just got the email that it's been refused again :(

The 2 mising forms were the only things that were marked on the first returned application, so what the hell am I failing on now?? :confused:

I have been rejected because I sent them a photocopy of the police cert.

The HILARIOUS thing is that I sent them the original and they have sent me back a copy!! I can't believe this. Does anyone have a phone number to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

The HILARIOUS thing is that I sent them the original and they have sent me back a copy!! I can't believe this. Does anyone have a phone number to contact them?

Tis a fair joke of a system alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

On my first application, I was missing 2 forms (identification & letter from the 3rd party who is providing the proof of funds) and it got refused.

So on the 2nd application I added these and kept the rest the same after rechecking everything.

Now just got the email that it's been refused again :(

The 2 mising forms were the only things that were marked on the first returned application, so what the hell am I failing on now?? :confused:

em... well original police certificate is most important, form that represents your noncriminal stauts!!. also did you not read the threads on here few threads back, we discussed the police certificate on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Tbf to them, there was always going to be teething problems this year

I'd imagine next year's process will be much more streamlined

• Advertisement

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    em... well original police certificate is most important, form that represents your noncriminal stauts!!. also did you not read the threads on here few threads back, we discussed the police certificate on here.

Maybe you could read my last post again

Maybe you could read my last post again

em well ok, they sent you back a copy of your police certificate. OK yeah this was not right. Yes i think you should contact them. :)

Paris, better be doing their job right.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Jeez that's a joke! As if the process isn't difficult enough!

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Jeez that's a joke! As if the process isn't difficult enough!

^^^^... em jK86 .. did you contact them, any verdict?

• Advertisement

No, probably wont get to until Monday

No, probably wont get to until Monday

oh yeah.. i think they have 2 numbers now. and i think they shut at.. like 8 to 12 each day i think.. for contacting. double check that anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Tbf to them, there was always going to be teething problems this year

I'd imagine next year's process will be much more streamlined

I don't know. Next year it's going to be dealt with completely by London. Given that it'll be their first year doing it all themselves, they'll probably go through the same teething problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

That's ridiculous. I can just imagine a Frenchman giggling to myself in an office in Paris.

theajaxkid wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. I can just imagine a Frenchman giggling to myself in an office in Paris.

Ok, yesterday I was getting the information from my sister as I wasn't home. Turns out she wasn't exactly correct.

Got home today and what actually happened was the police cert they returned IS the original. They just seemed to think that it was a photocopy and rejected me because they can't tell the difference :confused:

Looks like the superintendent used a signature stamp so they assumed it wasn't the original :rolleyes:

Bit of advice for anyone trying to get a police cert. Make sure the superintendent signs in biro!!

Ok, yesterday I was getting the information from my sister as I wasn't home. Turns out she wasn't exactly correct.

Got home today and what actually happened was the police cert they returned IS the original. They just seemed to think that it was a photocopy and rejected me because they can't tell the difference :confused:

Looks like the superintendent used a signature stamp so they assumed it wasn't the original :rolleyes:

Bit of advice for anyone trying to get a police cert. Make sure the superintendent signs in biro!!

i stilll think paris should have gave you time to revisit the police and get it signed while kept your place , as this was not your fault, it was the polices fault. i think you should explain to your police station, and tell them, well dont think they gona hurry the process up for you , as you have to send new kit off anyways. maby thye should pay for the fee foor direct postage.

altho, i think maby it was up to you to make sure the form wasnt stamped in full, i prob would be a bit wary of just all stamped and not signed originallly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

After how many days after it arrived in the uk did you get notified of the refusal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

C@non wrote: »
    After how many days after it arrived in the uk did you get notified of the refusal?
    I'd love to know this too.

Mine was forwarded on to the UK on the 04 Feb. Haven't heard anything since.

My big worry is that if it gets rejected, it will probably be too late to reapply.

There seems to be a lot of rejections, but has there actually been anyone accepted?

There's four of us waiting on Visas so it'd be nice to know soon so we can go ahead and book flights etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

been following this thread for a while now because im planing to get this visa next year,ges talk about hassle they are making it very hard for people,hopefully next year they will cut paris out of it and have the apps go straight through london...

he got refused on first phase...!!

• Advertisement

looder wrote: »
    I'd love to know this too.

Mine was forwarded on to the UK on the 04 Feb. Haven't heard anything since.

My big worry is that if it gets rejected, it will probably be too late to reapply.

There seems to be a lot of rejections, but has there actually been anyone accepted?

There's four of us waiting on Visas so it'd be nice to know soon so we can go ahead and book flights etc...

can you think of anything you didnt do right, im waiting good while, better be right for my application now , :/ and i want to book flights.:/

I was just looking at my (latest) refused application from IEC that was returned to me. The reference number is around 840.

So I would hazard a guess that this is the number they had processed at the first stage (either accepted or rejected) on the 14th of Febuary.

Does anyone know what the limit of applications is for the year? Might help people who are wondering if they're too late to apply.

Surely theres a few thousand places available... well, hopefully anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    can you think of anything you didnt do right, im waiting good while, better be right for my application now , :/ and i want to book flights.:/
    As far as I know everything is grand on the application, however, my address was spelt wrong on the police cert. It had two M's instead of one in one of the words. This wasn't my error so hopefully it won't be rejected on that.

It's as if my life is on hold just waiting to see if it's accepted or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

I was just looking at my (latest) refused application from IEC that was returned to me. The reference number is around 840.

So I would hazard a guess that this is the number they had processed at the first stage (either accepted or rejected) on the 14th of Febuary.

Does anyone know what the limit of applications is for the year? Might help people who are wondering if they're too late to apply.

Surely theres a few thousand places available... well, hopefully anyway :rolleyes:

think there's 5K visas being issued to Ireland

eamog1888 wrote: »
    think there's 5K visas being issued to Ireland

Cool, I guess most people should be ok if they're applying around now then.

Anyone know how many USIT got this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jules1979

Hi,

Thought I would set up a seperate thread for the refusal of IEC visa application so people can share their story on tha matter. I was refused yesterday and I'm at a loss as to why..

I can't find out until they return my application which could take weeks as they are posting it to Toronto where I currently live! I have attached the e-mail they sent me below:

Hello Mr. xxx,
    We have examined your application to participate in the 2011 Canada- Working Holiday category of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative.
    Unfortunately, at this point we cannot accept your application as certain requisite information and/or documents are missing or are not in compliance with our requirements.
    Your application is being returned to you by post, accompanied by a checklist indicating the missing and/or non-compliant elements. Please wait until you receive our explanation before submitting a new application.
    If places are still available, you may re-apply by downloading a new application kit. You must not reuse the same IEC application form because it was assigned a number associated with your denied application.
    Please be sure that your new application contains all the required documents and information.
    Sincerely,
    Youth Mobility Unit | Unité Mobilité des Jeunes
    Embassy of Canada in France | Ambassade du Canada en France
    www.amb-canada.fr/iec | www.amb-canada.fr/eic

If anyone has any further information or feedback on this matter please let me know? I would like to ehar if you have been rejected also so we might be able to suss out what we did wrong!

Here are the reasons I think I may have been refused:

1) I have had a student visa and an U35 visa in the past. This visa is supposed to be brand new but maybe they rejected me because of this!

2) I included a scanned copy of my recent police cert (obtained Jan 2011). It said on the website that they would request originals if they felt they needed to see it so I thought this was fine and have heard of lots of people doing the same!

My application was checked really carefully and approved by my lawyer also so I'm sure there were no documents missing from it.

Thanks
    Hi Jimmy,

I got a rejection email from them too on Friday. When I initially filled out my application I was informed that as I was currently in Canada on my first year work permit that I didn't need to resubmit my Garda Clearance Cert. This makes sense as I have been in Canada since I submitted my last clearance cert!! You would expect them to want one from Canada. So I'm presuming that I was rejected because of this.
    Also, alot of people on here are saying that the Clearance cert must be an original, but it clearly states that photocopies are accepted as long as they are legible.
    I've heard of so many people who were rejected. I've also heard of people who went to lawyers to go through their application forms and still being rejected.
    It's so frustrating

yeah 6000 to usit, with an extra 1000 now.. and it was 4000 via embassy and other programs, i think it was 10,000 in all for this year but it might be extended to 12,000 altogether.. and i know its number 6000 for usit as i had a reserved visa due to an issue from last year and i was number 5909 on it..

JK86, so was your application then refused at phase 1?? and not in the uk??

if it got to the uk how long did it take for them to refuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

yeah 6000 to usit, with an extra 1000 now.. and it was 4000 via embassy and other programs, i think it was 10,000 in all for this year but it might be extended to 12,000 altogether.. and i know its number 6000 for usit as i had a reserved visa due to an issue from last year and i was number 5909 on it..

I'm sorry - what? Are you talking about the number of IEC only visas being issued to Irish people?

If so, your numbers are completely incorrect. There 5,000 IEC visas for Irish people. TOTAL. That includes however many were USIT, and however many for direct embassy application. 5,000 is the total. The extra 1,000 visas that were allocated are included in that 5,000, since last year was 4,000 this year 5,000 visas are allocated for Irish people.

Last year there were just over 4,000 visas allocated to Irish people. These visas made up the old under 35s and student visas and extended work visas. FACT.
    and i know its number 6000 for usit as i had a reserved visa due to an issue from last year and i was number 5909 on it..

Reserved visa numbers are the number of people whom visas have been reserved - correct. Unfortunately, many people in that group were rejected for the visas for regular reasons (age/incorrect forms/ change of mind/ no funds etc...) and so the reserve number which you were given stayed with you, as it was, for want of a better term, a tracking number for your information. When you got your visa you were reserved visa application number 5909, however many before you didn't get a visa, so even though your number was 5909, you were given one of only around 4,200 visas. (number of visas given out on the records and statistics canada and on cic.gc.ca website).

There are however, many more thousands of visas being issued to Irish people. These are, provincial nominee visas, sponsorships visas, skilled worker visas and so on, so forth. These number thousands altogether. There are no official figures, as sponsorship visa numbers vary greatly year to year (e.g. you marry a canadian), there is no quota for sponsorship visas - marriage.
    BUT these visas are not included in the 5,000 IEC visas, they are completely different altogether.

ALL of my information, the numbers of visas and types of visas, which I have referred to above, is all information from the cic.gc.ca and\or ireland.gc, (canada immigration websites). So please read these sites as they are a valuable source of knowledge. Know your facts please before posting with misinformation OR say, you're not sure but you think the number of visas are...etc etc. when posting info.

Cheers and good luck :)

Anyone wanting any more info. about visas or Ontario, just ask. :)

• Advertisement

JK86, so was your application then refused at phase 1?? and not in the uk??

if it got to the uk how long did it take for them to refuse?

Phase 1. Got the rejection email 2 days after the email confirming they recieved the application

Advertisement