Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

I'm sorry - what? Are you talking about the number of IEC only visas being issued to Irish people?

Your rite about the number of visa's for irish people.. but its different for usit. who ever book's with usit has a guaranteed place. their numbers are not advertised on the Canadian embassy website ad they only show the ones for general public, as in first come first serve. so your rite about that figure, but there are hidden figures to that apply for the likes of usit who have their own agreement and own allocated visa. thats why people have to pay 300 euro for a confirmed place and a hold on the visa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

jk86 wrote: »
    Phase 1. Got the rejection email 2 days after the email confirming they recieved the application

thanks for clearing that up i was worried it was during its final phase. I hope you get sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jehstr

To the people re-applying.

Did you get a refund of the payment.... or use the same payment second time around. The email states: You must not make this payment before receiving a message of conditional acceptance from the Youth Mobility Unit. If you make this payment before receiving the conditional acceptance email, your application will be refused on grounds of non-compliance.

To get a refund and then make a repayment will take too long.

$H1T!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

jehstr wrote: »
    To get a refund and then make a repayment will take too long.

$H1T!??

Make a second payment.

They will refund the first eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

jules1979 wrote: »
    Hi Jimmy,

I got a rejection email from them too on Friday. When I initially filled out my application I was informed that as I was currently in Canada on my first year work permit that I didn't need to resubmit my Garda Clearance Cert. This makes sense as I have been in Canada since I submitted my last clearance cert!! You would expect them to want one from Canada. So I'm presuming that I was rejected because of this.
    Also, alot of people on here are saying that the Clearance cert must be an original, but it clearly states that photocopies are accepted as long as they are legible.
    I've heard of so many people who were rejected. I've also heard of people who went to lawyers to go through their application forms and still being rejected.
    It's so frustrating

Hey,

Sorry to hear about the rejection! Yes, they rejected you for not sending them a police cert. I was rejected twice for not sending the original! I know it says about photocopies being acceptable but they seem to ignore this! Pretty stupid!

I think you can sue last years police cert as long as it doesn't become older than a year at any point during the process. Somebody on boards said they wrote that it was a photocopy as the original was in London as it was sent as part of the last years application.

However, I didn't do this so I can't guarantee that as fact. My police cert expired in early Feb so I got an original and sent it instead. Hope this helps and ask if you have any other questions.

Jimmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hey,

Sorry to hear about the rejection! Yes, they rejected you for not sending them a police cert. I was rejected twice for not sending the original! I know it says about photocopies being acceptable but they seem to ignore this! Pretty stupid!

I think you can sue last years police cert as long as it doesn't become older than a year at any point during the process. Somebody on boards said they wrote that it was a photocopy as the original was in London as it was sent as part of the last years application.

However, I didn't do this so I can't guarantee that as fact. My police cert expired in early Feb so I got an original and sent it instead. Hope this helps and ask if you have any other questions.

Jimmy

so ... let me get this straight, if the police certificate goes out of date after 3 months, we get another one while in canada yea, to reapply. ?? and also do they want it from canada police for what ever area you are in or from home, ring up and get in posted out to you/???..
    thanks

GGIRL2010

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Make a second payment.

They will refund the first eventually.

TECHI-FAN any news yet? . none for me. im gone nearly 3 weeks. worried about a small thing i did for certain signing , lol. but i think the amendments i did to it covered it. hope so. you said you had dob wrong did you , im sure that wont be affected. NERVOUS!!!! i am. lol.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 munchie

hi all my app was sent to london on the 8th of feb havnt heard anything since so so stressfull,any one have any idea what they do in london?and how long it takes?

munchie wrote: »
    hi all my app was sent to london on the 8th of feb havnt heard anything since so so stressfull,any one have any idea what they do in london?and how long it takes?

em backround checks , maby errors on application, incomplete feilds not sure. Medical test, think they send out a form depending on your job.

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    so ... let me get this straight, if the police certificate goes out of date after 3 months, we get another one while in canada yea, to reapply. ?? and also do they want it from canada police for what ever area you are in or from home, ring up and get in posted out to you/???..
    thanks

GGIRL2010

It's valid for a year but if it is going to expire in the period of time during your application, then you have to submit a new one.

You don't need a police cert for your time in Canada. You only need one for Ireland or any other country you have lived in for more than 6 months..

I got my parents to get mine in Ireland and they sent it to me in Toronto when they got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jules1979

quick question. For those of you applying for your second year permit, is it ok to mention on the checklist that you are currently on a one year work permit. It does ask you if you have left your country of birth, what date did you leave. Do you simply say 2010 on the U35 program to Canada?
    I know they should know by your canadian address, but by the sounds of things you have to spell everything out clearly for these guys!:mad:

jules1979 wrote: »
    quick question. For those of you applying for your second year permit, is it ok to mention on the checklist that you are currently on a one year work permit. It does ask you if you have left your country of birth, what date did you leave. Do you simply say 2010 on the U35 program to Canada?
    I know they should know by your canadian address, but by the sounds of things you have to spell everything out clearly for these guys!:mad:

Yeah that's fine. I said '2010 - Currently living in Canada on U35 Youth Mobility visa'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

It seems there is a number that got rejected at Phase 1 (Paris) but did anyone actually get the letter in the post of rejection at Phase 2 (London) ???

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Yea, some girl got rejected in Phase 2 for having information on the additional information section and her CV that didn't match.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Yea, some girl got rejected in Phase 2 for having information on the additional information section and her CV that didn't match.

was that a a girl on here . I think it was on her first week doh in uk, was straight away. i think. :confused:

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    was that a a girl on here . I think it was on her first week doh in uk, was straight away. i think. :confused:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056162725&page=13

Not sure about how long it was in the UK. Just mentions it about half way down this page.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056162725&page=13

Not sure about how long it was in the UK. Just mentions it about half way down this page.

yeah i geuss this is important, the CV and the correct years matching. I can never remember what years i worked /some study years half the time, CLULESS!!! half the time .... . so i always go get my CV for everything i need it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mjth2004

<snip>

best of luck to those who have to re-apply for not submitting/forgetting the requested/correct info!

mjth2004 wrote: »
    Not to slate anyone or to be slated but it’s not exactly rocket science to pull this application together! All the requested relevant information is there in black & white within the application documentation which you get sent once registered!

Application sent 16 Feb
    Acknowledgement of Receipt email 18 Feb
    Payment & Conditional Acceptance email 21 Feb

Now I forget all about the application until 15 April (8 weeks from date received) if I have heard nothing from the Canadian Embassy as stated on their website then, then I will look to get in touch with them – http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng !

Job done!

Plenty of people have had issues. Some issues with Garda certs for people who are currently on a visa. The girl who had ommitted some information from her CV got refused. Obviously people don't put all jobs they've had on their CVs as some would be irrelevant. I had an issue with the original checklist that the embassy released which was different from the current one. Lots of people have had problems.

From the title you can probably see that this thread is about IEC refusal and helping anyone who may have had issues. It seems pointless to come on a thread like this and post that you've got conditional acceptance and declare it's not rocket science? How is your post in any way helpful in the context of this thread?

Plenty of people have had issues. Some issues with Garda certs for people who are currently on a visa. The girl who had ommitted some information from her CV got refused. Obviously people don't put all jobs they've had on their CVs as some would be irrelevant. I had an issue with the original checklist that the embassy released which was different from the current one. Lots of people have had problems.

From the title you can probably see that this thread is about IEC refusal and helping anyone who may have had issues. It seems pointless to come on a thread like this and post that you've got conditional acceptance and declare it's not rocket science? How is your post in any way helpful in the context of this thread?

LOL... well jimmy, i know some of the checklist was probably different, this was not good. As for the CV matching to that of the employment and education years, it is ment to be an updated version of your CV, so people would need to update and fix /change their cv for things they have done up to this year , like most recent work they have done , with all of their education they undertook. Jobs in the past would proably need to be deleted , ones that are not important anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

here here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donniemonk

I'm just guessing but everything I come up with seems to have been included on the application of a friend who was successful! So annoying!

I have noticed from people who have been accepted is that they have a number at the bottom of their three page IEC form which is the same as the download certificate! My form didn't have that and any form I download now doesn't have it either!

where were you able to download a new 3 page iec application form, mine got refused to but i cant seem to download a new application form, when i click on the link they gave me it says i cant download one because the old one has been recieved by the embassy already!?

any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

donniemonk wrote: »
    where were you able to download a new 3 page iec application form, mine got refused to but i cant seem to download a new application form, when i click on the link they gave me it says i cant download one because the old one has been recieved by the embassy already!?

any help

You have to go back to the start and give your email address again to get a new link sent to you

obeara wrote: »
    You have to go back to the start and give your email address again to get a new link sent to you

True as he day is long!

obeara wrote: »

my first time on boards.ie,
    yer ****in ledgends, ive been waiting for a reply from usit for about 2 days now, i'll hardly be charged twice will I

True as he day is long!
    canadian program is closed

:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

What an unhelpful post.
    The usit programme is closed, but the IEC programme is still open.

What makes you think that??

What makes you think that??

usit homepage no!?

• Advertisement

usit homepage no!?

Oh USIT that has stopped even taking applications for the waiting list?! Old news!

Your brief postings are very misleading. I think most people would interpret your comment to mean the IEC program in Paris is now closed!

Advertisement