Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 zizuzid

Hey everyone,

I came across the article below written by someone from England about visa application process. It has lots of useful advice so have a read but bear in mind that some of the addresses, etc may be different for UK applicants

http://global-goose.com/featured/how...a-holiday-vis/

I set up a Facebook page (Moving to Vancouver) and I'm currently working on a website aimed at assisting people with planning their move and settling in Vancouver

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002072539861

Let me know if I can help with anything!

All the best,

Ruairi
    Moving2Vancouver@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dadasurp

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    hey if ur applying for the working holiday visa u leave it out.. I put not applicable on the top of page 3 and left the last question on page 2 blank

Thanks a mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

Refused because my garda cert didnt have an official stamp on it!!!

......TAKE TWO :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 riotcake

okay so me and my partner applied for IEC and he got his LOI today! however ive been getting the emails an hour before he has yet i have no LOI :mad: which im gutted about!

hopefully it should come through in the next few days (heres me hoping!) but if we both flew over and I went as a visitor and received my LOI whilst in Canada would I be able to go and collect my work permit from an airport or would I have to fly back out to the UK to return to Canada to receive it?

any info will be appreciated as we're undecided whether to book the flight in a few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

riotcake wrote: »
    okay so me and my partner applied for IEC and he got his LOI today! however ive been getting the emails an hour before he has yet i have no LOI :mad: which im gutted about!

hopefully it should come through in the next few days (heres me hoping!) but if we both flew over and I went as a visitor and received my LOI whilst in Canada would I be able to go and collect my work permit from an airport or would I have to fly back out to the UK to return to Canada to receive it?

any info will be appreciated as we're undecided whether to book the flight in a few days!

ive read somewere on a thread here that you can go to the airport and collect it however im not to sure,your best bet would be to wait till you get your LOI and then cross the border over into the states and when you re-enter canada your LOI should be activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

agreed with the previous post.

A lot of people seem to be coming over, getting a tourist visa, then once they get a job offer/tourist visa runs out, cross the border, activate the working visa.
    Don't see why you couldnt do the same if you are waiting on it (although, if it doesnt come through, thats a whole other thread....).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deeman29

Hi all

I sent my doc's in on the 16/1/12 and recieved only a one liner reason as to why it was rejected on the 21/2/12

"you have submitted your iec application under the wrong initiative"

I had the visa applaication checked by goforless today and they cant understand why it was regected.

Would appricate if anyone could give me some feed back on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

Deeman29 wrote: »
    Hi all

I sent my doc's in on the 16/1/12 and recieved only a one liner reason as to why it was rejected on the 21/2/12

I had the visa applaication checked by goforless today and they cant understand why it was regected.

Hi,

Could it be a case that you applied using the 2011 docs and not the updated 2012 ones here

My son got his in 2011 and is in Canada now. When he was applying last year as far as I can recall they mentioned that the 2011 applications would be vetted in Paris and then forwarded to London for the visa approval section.

From a quick read of that link they appear to have moved the process on to dealing with London only which they had said they would do in 2012. On reading down through the documentation on the link I think they mention that they have also changed some of the documents from last year.

I came across this website which might give you some advice http://www.moving2vancouver.ca/planning/applying-for-a-visa/

Hope this helps.

Mrs. Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Got my forms back today because their scanners couldn't read the barcodes because the printing was of insufficient quality!!

This process is a joke, why couldn't they just email me and ask for the electronic copy of the form?! They would have had to do it anyway?

Now I have to buy a new printer if I want to go to Canada :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deeman29

No I dont think so. I filled all the forms out on the IEC website in January.

Thanks anyway.

Mrs. Doyle wrote: »
    Hi,

Could it be a case that you applied using the 2011 docs and not the updated 2012 ones here

My son got his in 2011 and is in Canada now. When he was applying last year as far as I can recall they mentioned that the 2011 applications would be vetted in Paris and then forwarded to London for the visa approval section.

From a quick read of that link they appear to have moved the process on to dealing with London only which they had said they would do in 2012. On reading down through the documentation on the link I think they mention that they have also changed some of the documents from last year.

I came across this website which might give you some advice http://www.moving2vancouver.ca/planning/applying-for-a-visa/

Hope this helps.

Mrs. Doyle.

• Advertisement

No I dont think so. I filled all the forms out on the IEC website in January.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Deeman,

Did you ever find out what the problem was with your forms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hi all

In the part where you select the programme, did you forget to select International Experience Canada by any chance?

Think I remember someone on here a couple of weeks ago who said her forgot to select that in menu box in that particular section so his application was sent back.

Which if true is ridiculous because you have to address the envelope to the IEC so it's obvious which programme you're applying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 corkbai

I am currently on the iec and had 2nd application sent back because their printers couldn't read the ink (which i showed my friends and no one could believe it), some joke but nothing I can just to reapply...BUT anyway I just read about the medication being a requirement? Is this the same as always for certain work areas like healthcare etc? Or does everyone now have to get a med exam? really annoyed by the process this year and thing is I just got employed in a career job by one of BC's top 10 employers and a major construction firm in oil and gas and now have to list them and my original letter of employment in the application, I would leave it blank only for future implications if the company were to apply me for a TFW through the LMO. anyone know for sure if the med is required for everyone?

corkbai wrote: »
    I am currently on the iec and had 2nd application sent back because their printers couldn't read the ink (which i showed my friends and no one could believe it), some joke but nothing I can just to reapply...BUT anyway I just read about the medication being a requirement? Is this the same as always for certain work areas like healthcare etc? Or does everyone now have to get a med exam? really annoyed by the process this year and thing is I just got employed in a career job by one of BC's top 10 employers and a major construction firm in oil and gas and now have to list them and my original letter of employment in the application, I would leave it blank only for future implications if the company were to apply me for a TFW through the LMO. anyone know for sure if the med is required for everyone?

Looks like you won't need to complete one but if you look here you will see that the Med Form just needs to be completed to say that you do not need a medical if you are not one of the catchment groups such as carer or health worker. Best to check the guidelines to see if you need to conform here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donniemonk

I was told, having visas in the past should have no effect on your application for your new visa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Am wondering if your medical didn't turn out so well (not sure how that would go about etc) would you be refused a visa altogether or just told you couldn't work in the areas that you need a medical for?

Advertisement