Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

shikaka wrote: »
    On his IEC he had jobs put down that he had worked in over a year, like waiter in a hotel and a sales rep in right price tiles, I think the reason for not putting the smaller jobs down was because there was not enough space, anyway he got accepted. I'm 100% sure you will hear word in the next week or so.

hmmm... maby. :/ .. even if i need to get a medical done..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donniemonk

HEY...trying to get my proof of payment down to 500 kb is very difficult, im with BOI and they gave me an a4 green piece of paper as my proof of payment with all the details on it, i scanned it at full res and it came out at like 1800kb, when i downsized it and turned it black and white on very low res its like 600 kb and unreadable...can any one help me, how did ye send yer proof of payment

donniemonk wrote: »
    HEY...trying to get my proof of payment down to 500 kb is very difficult, im with BOI and they gave me an a4 green piece of paper as my proof of payment with all the details on it, i scanned it at full res and it came out at like 1800kb, when i downsized it and turned it black and white on very low res its like 600 kb and unreadable...can any one help me, how did ye send yer proof of payment

you dont need to downsize the actualy receipt. on one page .. but if you had a second page with your name ,ID, who you are, names first and last, DOB and IEC number visa ID number, or heading, then reduce these words few sizes smaller. on microsoft word that is. needs to be pdf format...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

donniemonk wrote: »

hey i used a program called "GIMP" to shrink it down i think you can download it for free,them sent it off they can enhance the image when they get it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i tuck a picture of it with my digital camera then with paint i downsized it and either with photoshop or adobe you can then save it as .pdf
    remember to put the info on the top that they require

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donniemonk

C@non wrote: »
    i tuck a picture of it with my digital camera then with paint i downsized it and either with photoshop or adobe you can then save it as .pdf
    remember to put the info on the top that they require

I have a second page stating my DOB,names and I.D. number and i jus sent it along with the proof of payment, will that do!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

I can't see it being a problem, although they do state to write on the same page the DOB name and reference number, I found a little space on the top and I wrote it in there by hand. I think they just staple the proof to the forms and send it on to the uk, but if you sent 2 forms I would imagine they would staPle the 2 together

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jlav

Have the processing times reduced alot as most applications have already been dealt with? I re applyed on Thursday and hope to hear news this week to get flights booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Has anyone hoping to work in childcare or teaching applied for credentials yet? Im just looking into it here now..

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Jlav wrote: »
    Have the processing times reduced alot as most applications have already been dealt with? I re applyed on Thursday and hope to hear news this week to get flights booked.

It takes about 6 weeks. Down from 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Jlav

jimmybeige wrote: »
    It takes about 6 weeks. Down from 8.

Oh I was hoping it would be less than 6 weeks, but at least if i get my e mail that it has went to London in the next week i can go ahead and chance booking flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adrian0

Hi,

Thought I would set up a seperate thread for the refusal of IEC visa application so people can share their story on tha matter. I was refused yesterday and I'm at a loss as to why..

I can't find out until they return my application which could take weeks as they are posting it to Toronto where I currently live! I have attached the e-mail they sent me below:

Hello Mr. xxx,
    We have examined your application to participate in the 2011 Canada- Working Holiday category of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative.
    Unfortunately, at this point we cannot accept your application as certain requisite information and/or documents are missing or are not in compliance with our requirements.
    Your application is being returned to you by post, accompanied by a checklist indicating the missing and/or non-compliant elements. Please wait until you receive our explanation before submitting a new application.
    If places are still available, you may re-apply by downloading a new application kit. You must not reuse the same IEC application form because it was assigned a number associated with your denied application.
    Please be sure that your new application contains all the required documents and information.
    Sincerely,
    Youth Mobility Unit | Unité Mobilité des Jeunes
    Embassy of Canada in France | Ambassade du Canada en France
    www.amb-canada.fr/iec | www.amb-canada.fr/eic

If anyone has any further information or feedback on this matter please let me know? I would like to ehar if you have been rejected also so we might be able to suss out what we did wrong!

Here are the reasons I think I may have been refused:

1) I have had a student visa and an U35 visa in the past. This visa is supposed to be brand new but maybe they rejected me because of this!

2) I included a scanned copy of my recent police cert (obtained Jan 2011). It said on the website that they would request originals if they felt they needed to see it so I thought this was fine and have heard of lots of people doing the same!

My application was checked really carefully and approved by my lawyer also so I'm sure there were no documents missing from it.

Thanks

I got refused twice from the IEC, any simple thing at all they will pull you up on,one of the reasons was that my resume didn't have exact dates with the months on it!
    I persisted with my application and got lucky the third time!! i'm now at phase two of the evaluation phase.
    you should receive your application form within a couple of days stating exactly the reason you were refused.
    Correct you mistakes and re-apply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

adrian0 wrote: »
    I got refused twice from the IEC, any simple thing at all they will pull you up on,one of the reasons was that my resume didn't have exact dates with the months on it!
    I persisted with my application and got lucky the third time!! i'm now at phase two of the evaluation phase.
    you should receive your application form within a couple of days stating exactly the reason you were refused.
    Correct you mistakes and re-apply!

Did either of your applications which were refused, did they reach phase two? if so, for how long were they in UK before being rejected. I'm just rather curious.
    I'm glad to hear you didn't get too disheartened and reapplied for the third time. Lets hope it all goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adrian0

Did either of your applications which were refused, did they reach phase two? if so, for how long were they in UK before being rejected. I'm just rather curious.
    I'm glad to hear you didn't get too disheartened and reapplied for the third time. Lets hope it all goes well!

No i just got rejected from phase one,when i reapplied the third time the got back to me within 4 days saying i had being conditionally excepted!
    i'm now at phase two and still waiting to hear,i dont expect to hear from them for another week maybe two.

But good question i wonder if anyone has being refused at phase two yet?????
    I had a look around but no one has mentioned it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I was wondering the same. Has anyone been refused from Phase 2 yet?

adrian0 wrote: »
    No i just got rejected from phase one,when i reapplied the third time the got back to me within 4 days saying i had being conditionally excepted!
    i'm now at phase two and still waiting to hear,i dont expect to hear from them for another week maybe two.

But good question i wonder if anyone has being refused at phase two yet?????
    I had a look around but no one has mentioned it yet!

lol...god your v demanding haha.. try 5 to 8 weeks to hear word!!!! no joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I got the application back today.

I was refused on the following grounds verbatim:

'Police certificate is titled "Police Certificate of Character." The IEC does not accept Certificate of Caracter. Please obtain a certificate with the title "Police Cerfiticate" Please ensure that the certificate os officially stamped by GARDA'

Now... the form was signed by the super himself, in blue ink, so this really does go to show how anal these ***** are. Due to my sheer frustration at this fúcking farce, I have since burned the application, and will never apply again for that ****ing thing. Im in the process of applying for an Australian WHV, where - guess what - you dont even need a police cert.

Anyways, I hope none of you are going to be subjected to the same bizarre treatment as me and I wish you all the best. Also, many thanks to the many posters who have answered my queries prior to sending off this applications.

BTW, this is not a joke,

yours,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

Sorry to hear that Leif Erikson. They were really harsh. I hope Australia works out well for you. You can apply online and get a visa within 48 hours...unbelievably easy haha! Australia is my back-up plan too if the Canadians refuse me!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Sorry to hear that. Did you get that rejection at the 1st stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

Just got an email saying I was rejected, first phase, documents missing (!!). So pissed off! I spent ages making sure everything was done properly. What the f***. I can't think of what I missed, everything was there!

• Advertisement

Frei wrote: »
    Just got an email saying I was rejected, first phase, documents missing (!!). So pissed off! I spent ages making sure everything was done properly. What the f***. I can't think of what I missed, everything was there!

just few documens below ill mention , the way they waned it.

clear !!! Original police certificate, first 3 pages iec 3page form originally signed and dated half in pen half copied, or onthe pc. Second copy must have been filed out in some feilds PEN, not just pure copy. addintional info, CV, education and employment must be exact same as cv, cv must be updated . clear photocopy of passport ID, ID PHOTO stuck on the first 3 pages . the 2 page iec dec form and the visa form included. ticked all the boxes on the cheklist on last form and signed included.

Any of these maby you messed up on!! ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

All those were fine when I sent them! Made sure everything on my C.V was the same etc. God knows what it could be, I guess I'll find out in a few days. So irritating.

All those were fine when I sent them! Made sure everything on my C.V was the same etc. God knows what it could be, I guess I'll find out in a few days. So irritating.

TIcked all the right boxes on the 3page form and the iec form, and entered in right info. hmm yeah strange. not about your job is it or anyhing. idk. that shouldnt effect it. hmmm yeah geuss have to wait to find out.. yeah they are very strict!!!! it was prob copies maby if you think everything was all in order and all correct info.

im not sure if photo id being different to that of passport photo wil effect now. but theres another reason , just picking at it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I got the application back today.

I was refused on the following grounds verbatim:

'Police certificate is titled "Police Certificate of Character." The IEC does not accept Certificate of Caracter. Please obtain a certificate with the title "Police Cerfiticate" Please ensure that the certificate os officially stamped by GARDA'

That's pretty harsh. A police cert and police cert of character are the same thing.

The important thing is that the cert says "was not convicted of any crime".

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    That's pretty harsh. A police cert and police cert of character are the same thing.

The important thing is that the cert says "was not convicted of any crime".

^^^^^ ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    ^^^^^ ^^^

???????????

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    ???????????

^^^^ = what you said...

probably worth ringing up his police station and then the embassy about this @ leif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pawpaw80

I'm such a bloody idiot.
    Received Acknowledgement of receipt email yesterday so waiting to hear back. Just realised today that despite triple checking that i had everything included and correctly filled in, i messed up on the declaration form as i ticked the dependents box(but i don't have any) and didn't write n/a over it.

Will they reject based on this-has anyone else done this? *bangs head on table*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Stinger about the police cert Leif_Erikson, feck it just go to Aus.. I'm actually off to Aus in July on the WHV and have applied for the Canada visa as a back-up in case I don't get sponsored in Aus.. :)

My app has been in London for over two weeks now, fingers crossed as my Irish residency requirements were a bit debatable..

for the people who got refused.. I just followed every single word on the instructions form, even using a staple instead of glue on the photos.. once you follow these rules you'll get in.. just make sure you get the right thing from the guards, despite how difficult they can be

Advertisement