Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donniemonk

Oh USIT that has stopped even taking applications for the waiting list?! Old news!

Your brief postings are very misleading. I think most people would interpret your comment to mean the IEC program in Paris is now closed!

im new to this whole thing, didnt mean to confuse people.

one more question, i now cannot open my iec form...im able to open the download cert and the FAQ but when i try to download the iec a pile of html script comes up...i have the newest adobe reader and ive even tried it on my GFs mac nothing will work

help me boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

donniemonk wrote: »
    im new to this whole thing, didnt mean to confuse people.

one more question, i now cannot open my iec form...im able to open the download cert and the FAQ but when i try to download the iec a pile of html script comes up...i have the newest adobe reader and ive even tried it on my GFs mac nothing will work

help me boards.ie

use internet explorer to open it. look out for those yellow bars along the top which says "click here to enable script" or "click here to download file", etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

also, download acrobat reader!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donniemonk

YO...should i fill out this form by hand or type it out, has anyone had any luck with either!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jules1979

Thanks for that Jimmy.
    One final question. As I'm using my irish account to show proof of funds, does this have to be an original or will a copy do? I really don't want to take any chances. Just waiting on my original garda cert to come in the post. Thanks again

• Advertisement

apparently some people have been refused because originals were not sent, but best thing to do is make a copy and keep it your self and send originals, you dont want to have any doughs or problems, you want to send it one and make sure its all perfect.

Specially the CV part has to match whats you put on the form.. as they go through it side by side to compare it!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Send originals of documents.

In this tread one guy already got his final
    Letter.. The one we are all waiting for.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056097695&page=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 microfin

Hi there! I'm new to these boards, so bear with me! I would like to ask a question about applying for a canada visa. This may seem like a stupid question but it's wreaking my head. I have registered for an application kit for the 2011 IEC initiative. However the form that I am supposed to fill out has it's instructions in french?! I have double checked that I inputted the correct nationality but the thing is still in French? If anyone could help I'd be forever grateful!!! Need to get out of Ireland as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I got my papers sent back last week and I'm only now getting around to sorting them out. Where I was fooled up was a member of my family is sponsoring me financially or atleast vouching for me, the third-party funds form was correctly filled out, that's ok.

However they put a notice on some things I sent saying they are looking for the original document, and that includes my Police Certificate. I sent them the one the Gardai sent me, I don't know why they didn't accept that. I did not photocopy it. What are they looking for that would assure them it isn't a photopcopy?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Augmerson wrote: »
    I got my papers sent back last week and I'm only now getting around to sorting them out. Where I was fooled up was a member of my family is sponsoring me financially or atleast vouching for me, the third-party funds form was correctly filled out, that's ok.

However they put a notice on some things I sent saying they are looking for the original document, and that includes my Police Certificate. I sent them the one the Gardai sent me, I don't know why they didn't accept that. I did not photocopy it. What are they looking for that would assure them it isn't a photopcopy?

em ... did you include copy of passport, original copy of the 3 page IEC form with 2 photo ID s on the bottom, and also a second copy, original signature copy , not just copied from the first one. and your CV, updated cv matching employment years and education years and dates exact same to that of the feilds on the additional info part.

Wow, your experience seems to be matching mine exactly!

My police cert was rejected because they thought it was a copy (it wasn't). So I had to explain this to local guards and they gave me a new one that looked more "authentic", signed in biro, maybe get a another handwritten document that confirms the cert is an original.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    em ... did you include copy of passport, original copy of the 3 page IEC form with 2 photo ID s on the bottom, and also a second copy, original signature copy , not just copied from the first one. and your CV, updated cv matching employment years and education years and dates exact same to that of the feilds on the additional info part.

yes GGirl. Clear picture of passport picture page, original 3 page IEC form and the second one, the additional information, 2 photo's, original signature and dated on all, cv matched the additional information and education too. I did however mess up the third-party funds form, we didn't address the letter to the IEC or so it seems put down in clear words that my family member would be responsible for my first 3 months. I also forgot the last page of the IEC Declaration form :/

I spoke to the Gardai Station in Portlaoise today, I'm going to go down next week and they are going to do up another Police Certificate and sign it in person, which is great.

yes GGirl. Clear picture of passport picture page, original 3 page IEC form and the second one, the additional information, 2 photo's, original signature and dated on all, cv matched the additional information and education too. I did however mess up the third-party funds form, we didn't address the letter to the IEC or so it seems put down in clear words that my family member would be responsible for my first 3 months. I also forgot the last page of the IEC Declaration form :/

I spoke to the Gardai Station in Portlaoise today, I'm going to go down next week and they are going to do up another Police Certificate and sign it in person, which is great.

yes all of the pages on the application form that requires signing and dating must be submited. all in original signing, or half in pen half on pc.

Staple a note to it that says "this is an original document and not a photocopy, the officer signed in black ink and the station stamp is also black"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rio19

Hey, I know of a guy who was refused because he sent a copy of Garda clearance instead of original.. so that must be it! Mine was refused as well .. I thinking it may be because my Dad did the proof of funds 3rd party form for me including the bank statement but we never included a copy of the identification pages of his passport.. or a letter by him stating he was willing to offer financial assistance for first 3 months.. which is on the checklist as a requirement. I hope that is why as it is easily fixed..... can't think of any other reason... I was in Canada before the student holiday working visa... extended this as a 6month holiday visa and am now back in Ireland... I dont see why any of this would be an issue!? ahhhh so stressful!! fingers crossed we get sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

Rio19 wrote: »
    I was in Canada before the student holiday working visa... extended this as a 6month holiday visa :)

hey rio, when you extended the visa, what reason did you give and how long did it take to hear back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rio19

I said I wanted to extend my stay as a visitor and do some traveling around Canada. Applied in July and got my approval back in October, but you are legally entitled to stay in the country under your original status until you hear back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I just got a refusal e-mail there 10 minutes ago. It says not all documents were included and that it will be explained when I get the application back. The only thing I can think of is that I used passport photos of me with longish hair, whereas the photo on my passport is one in which my hair is almost skint.

****ing cúnts I say

• Advertisement

I just got a refusal e-mail there 10 minutes ago. It says not all documents were included and that it will be explained when I get the application back. The only thing I can think of is that I used passport photos of me with longish hair, whereas the photo on my passport is one in which my hair is almost skint.

****ing cúnts I say

It was probably something else tbh.

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    It was probably something else tbh.

A second COPY of the 3 page iec pages half signed in places half in copy.. Original police cert, 2 page iec dec form and visa dec form, (might have been changed to one form) updated CV with mathing jobs .education on additional info form, proof of funds form signed by bank.

just few listed forms that might come to attention if you messed up on them.

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    A second COPY of the 3 page iec pages half signed in places half in copy..

hmm...

a lot of people in this forum gave pretty bad advice in the last few months, particularly the person who said a copy of the police cert was acceptable.

hmm...

a lot of people in this forum gave pretty bad advice in the last few months, particularly the person who said a copy of the police cert was acceptable.

ok.... yeah seen that somewhere. em i wasnt giving advice i listed few forms off for her, for her to go by is all. Most of what i said is how they waned them...thank you techi-fan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

hmm...

if its a problem with the police cert ill bounce my head off the wall as it's signed in blue ink by the superintendant so that's proof in itself that its the original.

The bank stamp was faded though, the ink wasnt fresh on the stamp itself when the clerk stamped mine. Still though... if you look hard enough you'll clearly make it out.

if its a problem with the police cert ill bounce my head off the wall as it's signed in blue ink by the superintendant so that's proof in itself that its the original.

The bank stamp was faded though, the ink wasnt fresh on the stamp itself when the clerk stamped mine. Still though... if you look hard enough you'll clearly make it out.

well if both forms were signed in blue ink with a pen, then these were fine id say, it was something else... not the photo id of passport to that of id stapled on the fisrt page, was prob some of the forms you filled out were not filled out in full maby. parts 4 and 5 on the first three pages were easily missed. could been that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shikaka

My friend just got accepted today after over 4wks in London, he was starting to worry as his cv didn't match what he had on his ICE forms, also I had received my visa almost 2wks ago and he sent his off the same time, in saying that the jobs he had listed on his cv were small jobs, like a job he had done on a j1 ect, I wouldn't advise people to have their cv different to their IEC forms, but i'm sure it would have to be major differences between the two for them to refuse it, are maybe some people are just unlucky.

shikaka wrote: »
    My friend just got accepted today after over 4wks in London, he was starting to worry as his cv didn't match what he had on his ICE forms, also I had received my visa almost 2wks ago and he sent his off the same time, in saying that the jobs he had listed on his cv were small jobs, like a job he had done on a j1 ect, I wouldn't advise people to have their cv different to their IEC forms, but i'm sure it would have to be major differences between the two for them to refuse it, are maybe some people are just unlucky.

oh very good!!! congrats.. hmm mine are all exact same. em hmm what jobs had he on his iec form?. em id say they prob would have refused after day or 2 in uk. im worried about mine.. 4 weeks tomorw be waiting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shikaka

On his IEC he had jobs put down that he had worked in over a year, like waiter in a hotel and a sales rep in right price tiles, I think the reason for not putting the smaller jobs down was because there was not enough space, anyway he got accepted. I'm 100% sure you will hear word in the next week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Has anyone here been refused because of the Garda cert showing a bit of a colourfull past??

Advertisement