Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

lillieme wrote: »
    said I was missing itiems but I dont believe I was as if I was I couldn of got passed phase 1???Said they will dend it out to me in post so guess Ill find out then.. so annoyed. Dunno shoud I get my money back now or what will I do

mail come from paris or london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Came from Paris, this is why im more confused, cos thought I passed Paris part and my form was ment to be in London for final Phase???

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

said I was missing itiems but I dont believe I was as if I was I couldn of got passed phase 1???Said they will dend it out to me in post so guess Ill find out then.. so annoyed. Dunno shoud I get my money back now or what will I do

yeah... i doubt it was missing pages as it would have gotten back to the embassy in france and theyd know that all the pages were there. maby it could be certain information. id say they will tell you what to do when they post you it back. and or send you an email regarding your reimbursement. says on the kit. if you dont hear from them in few days or more.. to email them.

Came from Paris, this is why im more confused, cos thought I passed Paris part and my form was ment to be in London for final Phase???

did oyu have your application form in to them and accepted from last week ? if so it would have gotten to uk up to this time. and you sure that is says second phase refused?

no got a mail last week to say I passed the first phase and that my application had been forwarded to London for second Phase. Then get mail today from PARIS not London to tell me my application was refused?Didn say anything about which phase, just sent me form to reclaim my money

• Advertisement

there was no medical form in the kit doh.. or anything stating about it..

yeah I know but if you wnt to work with kids you have to apply for one tho im sure thats only after your get accepted. I dunno feel so disheartened now

yeah I know but if you wnt to work with kids you have to apply for one tho im sure thats only after your get accepted. I dunno feel so disheartened now

ok.. but is that not up to them to tell you that you need the medical test done.. i mean i think they need to send you out their formated guidlines and medical examination rules first . i would imagine as i dont see anything anywhere inthe kit for people under those job cetegories of healthcare/working with kids to get a medical cert. I think thats a separte part.. im under that category i hope i dont get refusal..

where it asked do you intend to work in health or education I ticked yes?

where it asked do you intend to work in health or education I ticked yes?

yeah.. after it i put what type of work.. i cant remember if it said ,if yes state what job or not.. but idk im sure that wasnt the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Jimmmy, did you ever get the file back ? What was the upshot of it all if you do not mind me asking ?

I ended up applying 3 times for this! I was eventually accepted today due to sending the original police cert it would seem.. I haven't even received my first rejected application back yet which was over 2 weeks ago! I just kept sending off applications until they eventually accepted me!

It's a mess of a process but glad to have made "some" progress but still a long way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

no got a mail last week to say I passed the first phase and that my application had been forwarded to London for second Phase. Then get mail today from PARIS not London to tell me my application was refused?Didn say anything about which phase, just sent me form to reclaim my money

I think Paris are doing all the admin work, and London are just okay'ing it and issuing the actual letters of introduction.

Either Paris messed up and approved your application even though you weren't eligible or didn't give all required information, or London were unhappy with information contained in your application and decided to reject it.

At least with usit, any outstanding requirements are advised to usit and they keep your file open. I hate to say it, but since usit reduced their prices the direct route now seems like a lot of hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Don't ask for your money back with usit, remember with usit even if it's rejected the visa is still reserved for you so you will get it sooner or later. But directly if you cancel with usit and do it your self
    Is first come first serve and if you get rejected again you space might not be there anymore!

I have any payment after waiting for over 2 weeks, it on the way to London so please god it all works out! Any one at this stage yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lazenbee

Hi there - I just got declined this morning and have no idea why . they say you should wait until you receive the letter explaining why you were declined before re-applying - does everyone wait or did you just reapply in the mean time and see what happened?

So disappointing - Jimmy McNulty what did you do ?:mad:

sorry to hear that...at what stage did you get refused:confused:....did it pass the 1st phase?

yup passed phase one

yup passed phase one

i passed phase 1 and it was sent to london on Mon for final phase in the visa section.....i aint heard anything yet...fingers crossed:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

yup passed phase one
    When did you get the confirmation of phase 1 email ?

last week..

last week..

Can you remember which day ?

• Advertisement

As far as i can see from all the applications.. it seems you only get refused if you have not filled out some parts, sent copies of forms or missed a few forms..
    I dont think they are allowed to fill out or tick parts that you havent done..

Has anyone gotten refused after it arrived in london?

For anyone who has sent payment.. the bank told me that there is no charge for IBAN transfers with in europe, we only have to pay a charge if its outside of europe.. did anyone in ireland pay charges for sending money? or just the 110 euro?

C@non wrote: »
    As far as i can see from all the applications.. it seems you only get refused if you have not filled out some parts, sent copies of forms or missed a few forms..

For anyone who has sent payment.. the bank told me that there is no charge for IBAN transfers with in europe, we only have to pay a charge if its outside of europe.. did anyone in ireland pay charges for sending money? or just the 110 euro?

I believe that Lillieme recieved a refusal on Wednesday after being accepted into phase 2 - quite worrying as apparently it was because of incomplete file / info (which I thought would have been picked up in Paris )

Thats not good news at all. And it is very worrying!

It looks like to me that the paris embassy is full of young people nearly like a young team of people who are training up in this field!

But its very unfair that because of their inexperience a few people end up arriving near the last phase to be declined because they missed one or 2 things!

Whats the purpose of leaving contact information, if they cant even call you and ask you for the missing information?!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

Thats not good news at all. And it is very worrying!

It looks like to me that the paris embassy is full of young people nearly like a young team of people who are training up in this field!

But its very unfair that because of their inexperience a few people end up arriving near the last phase to be declined because they missed one or 2 things!

Whats the purpose of leaving contact information, if they cant even call you and ask you for the missing information?!

Are you being serious or is this a joke, how do you know that the embassy is staffed by young people, which has nothing to do with anything by the way, people are being refused because of their own mistakes, nobody to blame but themselves, just remember, the immigration officers working at these embassies are not just dealing with IEC visas for Irish people, they deal with a variety of visa applications from a whole bunch of countries, these people don't have time to be calling you to tell you that you missed out on some information.

colin29 wrote: »
    Are you being serious or is this a joke, how do you know that the embassy is staffed by young people, which has nothing to do with anything by the way, people are being refused because of their own mistakes, nobody to blame but themselves, just remember, the immigration officers working at these embassies are not just dealing with IEC visas for Irish people, they deal with a variety of visa applications from a whole bunch of countries, these people don't have time to be calling you to tell you that you missed out on some information.

Colin,

You aren't exactly correct in making these people out to be trained professionals either! I have seen loads of contradictions in who has been accepted and who has been refused!

My application arrived yesterday morning and I was accepted yesterday evening. This would suggest to me that they probably do have some time to at least let the applicant know why they were refused. A scanned copy of the refused application would be helpful for example.. I had to wait 2.5 weeks to receive my first refused application!

Jimmy

lazenbee wrote: »
    Hi there - I just got declined this morning and have no idea why . they say you should wait until you receive the letter explaining why you were declined before re-applying - does everyone wait or did you just reapply in the mean time and see what happened?

So disappointing - Jimmy McNulty what did you do ?:mad:

Hey,

I know the feeling! I was refused twice.. It's really hard to take! I just kept applying as it takes them too long to send it back. My address is in Canada which takes ages! I received my first application today, 2.5 weeks after it was refused! Luckily I was accepted yesterday.

If you tell me in detail what exactly you did on your first application I might be able to point out to you what you did wrong.. I have seen a few rejected applications and plenty of accepted ones now so I think I have a fair idea.

Jimmy

Well this part for errors, missing forms, copied forms, should only be dealth with in the first phase!!! the only form that is to be original is the application forms itself and the police cert! all the rest are copies. (photocopied, not scanned ) is best . for the second phase idk what they look for, im just worried that paris is not doing it right while sending it off to uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

just paid the 110e with aib...no idea why other people are paying more...paid the money and scanned the receipt same day...did not wait until payment had cleared...got email saying it was sent to the uk the day after that...

Well i know that they are young new people because i phoned the french embassy and talked to the person at reception, they said there is a specific section of young people who are looking after the IEC section.. as before it was all done by the UK office.

So one can only imagine that its a new team of people as this was never done before by paris.
    But also yes the french office should have it all checked paperwork and cert wise.. and i figure that the uk office will only refuse it, if there is something seriously wrong.. maybe some history dealings with them in the past etc..

Jimmmy McNulty, im wondering when you received a refusal email, did you resend it over and over again with the same reference number etc..???

I clicked on my download certificate link again to review things and it comes up saying you have already downloaded this..

i think they might of copped on that people might be resending the same form a few times.. but if it worked all the better!!

What notes did come back when they refused the first application jimmy?

• Advertisement

Well i know that they are young new people because i phoned the french embassy and talked to the person at reception, they said there is a specific section of young people who are looking after the IEC section.. as before it was all done by the UK office.

So one can only imagine that its a new team of people as this was never done before by paris.
    But also yes the french office should have it all checked paperwork and cert wise.. and i figure that the uk office will only refuse it, if there is something seriously wrong.. maybe some history dealings with them in the past etc..

Jimmmy McNulty, im wondering when you received a refusal email, did you resend it over and over again with the same reference number etc..???

I clicked on my download certificate link again to review things and it comes up saying you have already downloaded this..

i think they might of copped on that people might be resending the same form a few times.. but if it worked all the better!!

What notes did come back when they refused the first application jimmy?

No you just reapply!!! as in get a new application kit, with a new download certificate... your not alloud to resend with same download certificate, plus you need the police certificate so you cant send until you have the original police cert. so you have to wait.

Advertisement