Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports presenters making sexist comments

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I've hit the brick wall "ultimately and regardless" arguments. I never argued it was appropriate or that it wasn't a professional capacity regardless. I'm arguing about the direct comparison that was made in my original post which will still stand.

maple, I'm referring to the Assistant Referee comment, I'm not sure we're on about the same thing.

There is a difference between on air and off air in their profession. It's not the same thing. Ultimately and regardless, their comments rightly came back to bite them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Except
    making lewd gestures to a fellow professional

cannot possibly be misconstrued as a comparison regarding general professional conduct and the comments that were made about Massey.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

This is a business decision made by SKY, I am certain there are a number of reasons Gray has been cannedapart from this. But if a woman made a stupid sexist or racist remark and her company sacked her, would you defend her so readily?

Of course, it would be wrong either way regardless of gender, although i've heard is a bit of an arse from a few people so there may well have been other contributing factors.

Advertisement