Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 1000m row time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

The Guvnor wrote: »

What is your PB?

Cant actually remember i think it was 3:03-3:04 wouldn't mind breaking the 3 minute mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    I'm half tempted to do this this evening just to show how it should be done.

**** have not used a rower in over a year

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I'm half tempted to do this this evening just to show how it should be done.

**** have not used a rower in over a year

Do it cupcake! dont be a big girls blouse and chicken out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    This thread will live on forever carrying with the hopes and dreams of all who post their times.

I too have aspirations of sub 3mins.

First goal is sub 3m15 then 3m10 then 3m05 etc.

Gots to work on my endurance and then my speed. :D

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    3:45 on the first attempt, full resistance with my feet getting loose ad the machine moving backwards
    if i sorted those two issues i would have gone a lot better

• Advertisement

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    down to 3:30 today

give me 3/4 more sessions and it'll be sub 3 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Ok, i'll do it today.

500m or 1000m?

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    1000m.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Did neither, something up with my shoulder (front delt area) so avoiding the upright row type movement for a bit.
    when the ROM comes back i'll post both 500 and 1000.

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Wise move Mellor - safety first - this is all just a bit of fun! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Saw this thread yesterday so gave the 1,000 meters a go in the gym last night.
    3:22.2
    Went out too hard and died a death in the final 300m with the pace dropping out to a split of nearly 1:50. Took a long time after to catch my breath and be able to stand up, painful stuff. Go to the gym a good bit but don't know of any other exercise that can cripple you in under 4 mins. Will try to improve on the above in the coming weeks, sub 3:20 should be possible I hope

Aerobic threshold type stuff will always mangle you. Try running 300m repeats on the track in under/around 45secs if you're looking for more punishment, say 4 min break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Aerobic threshold type stuff will always mangle you. Try running 300m repeats on the track in under/around 45secs if you're looking for more punishment, say 4 min break.

Not as much as rowing, just look at any olympic rower at the end of a race compared to say a runner running a race of equal time. The rower olympic rower looks fecked where as the winner of the race normally does a lap of honour. :D

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    Not as much as rowing, just look at any olympic rower at the end of a race compared to say a runner running a race of equal time. The rower olympic rower looks fecked where as the winner of the race normally does a lap of honour. :D

True, I was just making the point that there are other ways to reach breaking point very quickly.

I'm a runner so I'm just drawing from my experience of pain-inducing work-outs.

When I said more pain, I meant it as in more variety, not necessarily more volume.

But you try doing what I gave as an example if you want, just to see how 'easy' it is. :)

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Rowing is more likely to do it in the gym due to the necessity for good technique.

Within reason running is something we can all do - whereas with the rower we can do it wrong and not know it.

It is a bit like windows 8 which I am playing with on a work laptop atm - it's not all that intuitive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Yesterday I did 1000m in 4.04 mins.

Today I did it in 3.57 mins. Want to aim to get it to 3.30. Bloody hard work though.

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Well done!

3:06.3

My mate told me when he was rowing they'd do a 1k, rest 5 minutes then do it again.... and again... fookin nuts

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    That sounds about right but they'd not go flat out obviously.

The Aussie teams used to do a 2k rest 8mins and go again.

What are ye boys getting on the 500m?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Less than 2 minutes
    jugger0 wrote: »
    What are ye boys getting on the 500m?

My best 1:23 in true fly & die style

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Between 3 and 4 minutes
    1000- 4: 11, not very bloomin' fast at all. Hopefully this will improve over the next few weeks, indeed how can it not :(

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    ^ LoL,

Under 4 mins soon fatmammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Pulling fast on a rower doesn't mean you'll go further and in your case you've just proved that. You need to push and pull harder. In fact by going faster you're probably going slower. Next time try going slower but really push hard with your legs, you'll go faster but you'll probably die. :D

I haven't touched the rowing machine in months,but i went to the gym today and took your advice.

As stated in my previous post, i used to complete 2000m in about 7.50 - 8.00 minutes, and that was after a workout. I tried a couple of times to reduce this by rowing before a work out or just trying to row faster but i would only shave a couple of seconds at best.

I completed 2000m in 7.19 today by pulling harder instead of trying to pull faster. I didn't push myself that hard so id hope to shave quiet a few seconds from this if possible.

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Between 3 and 4 minutes
    The Guvnor wrote: »
    ^ LoL,

Under 4 mins soon fatmammy!

One can only hope!

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    3:29.7

Partly :) , partly meh.

Was hoping for under 3:30 so just about met my expectations. Will have another crack soon.

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Awesome work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Between 3 and 4 minutes
    around 4.20 today hadn't done it in a while so im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

Between 3 and 4 minutes
    i can do 2,000metres in 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    What setting on the rower?? Did this tonight, first time on the rowing machine in years did it in 3.50 but it was not at the hardest setting. Set it at 7 with 10 been the hardest. Did it as my warm up and think this is the way to go.

• Advertisement

wilfitz wrote: »
    What setting on the rower?? Did this tonight, first time on the rowing machine in years did it in 3.50 but it was not at the hardest setting. Set it at 7 with 10 been the hardest. Did it as my warm up and think this is the way to go.

10 is easiest for me so i keep it at that, try a few and stick to what you're best at.

Advertisement